Nintendo & iTunes?

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I have been thinking for a while one way for Nintendo to step up their units sold is possibly work out a deal with Apple to bring the iTUnes format to the DS. They currently have a MP3 player device that was released in Japan, Playyan I believe.

Rename it and sell it as an add-on. That would give them a very large advantage and broden their market.

What do you think?

They should bring the iTunes to the Rev, it's already going to have a system setup, plus will help screw over Microsoft.

Yesterday there was even an April Fools Day joke about this.

I don't think it'll happen... Apple doesn't exactly like to work with others and their products are expensive. If Nintendo did use it, they'd probably pay a lot in lisencing fees and those costs would be passed on to us.

Besides, the Playyan isn't planned to make it here which is too bad. It would've been great to use with the DSL.

[quote name='SpazX']They should stick to games, I think that they will.[/QUOTE]
Bingo. The PSP in its current state is evidence of what happens if a company is too broad in its net for the purposes of a device. I'd rather have to own an iPod and a DS and have them both be quality, than have them combined into one unit and have it be mediocre.

Well there are a few cell phones that have iTunes support. It will just work I think pretty well. Nintendo really likes Apple's design ideas and have complimented them alot.

I think it'd be better if the iPod and the Revolution could link up, and you could store the Virtual Console games on your iPod.

[quote name='SpazX']They should stick to games, I think that they will.[/QUOTE]
That was the plan with the Gamecube, and I don't believe that Nintendo has decided to abandon that strategy.

Unless there's a HUGE incentive for them to do so, I don't see this happening.

bread's done
Back