Nintendo makes a PROFIT of $2.43 billion

[quote name='Trenchalicious']It's not hard to make a profit when you slowly turn into EA.[/QUOTE]

Yes because EA has a Great Selling Console and Handheld out on the market :roll:

[quote name='Trenchalicious']It's not hard to make a profit when you slowly turn into EA.[/QUOTE]
What the fuck are you babbling about?

Hey, I have an idea, let's go back to Oct. 2007 and buy a shit-ton of Nintendo stock. It can be a CAG time-travel field trip.

[quote name='SpazX']Hey, I have an idea, let's go back to Oct. 2007 and buy a shit-ton of Nintendo stock. It can be a CAG time-travel field trip.[/quote]

lol if i bought two years ago i would of more than quadrupled my investment. +1 for this idea.

When Nintendo was in the GC slump, but the DS just started kicking off, I asked my mom to buy me a couple hundred in Nintendo stock (this was back when I was a minor).

She didn't.

[quote name='TFN']:rofl:

...what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah havent you heard Nintendo just wrote a letter to Fox news about their Mass Effect Slander.... that must be what hes talking about.

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah havent you heard Nintendo just wrote a letter to Fox news about their Mass Effect Slander.... that must be what hes talking about.[/quote]
Yup, Reggie is not amused with FOX attacking the poor Canadians.

Good news for Nintendo, god bless em. Just think, less than 5 years ago, people were calling for them to leave the hardware business.. LOL.

Love me some Nintendo.

We get it, they make a lot of money.

Why is it that only Nintendo gets these types of posts? If Ubisoft or someone made a ton of money, nobody would care.

I cannot believe I am the first to post this.

License%20to%20Print%20Money.gif

look at some of the posts on this site and its not hard to believe they make that much money. we all know the wii is cheap as hell to make since chances are its using who knows how much of the old gamecube stuff to run. add to that the fact many of you who buy ds's tend to buy more than one not just for other people but so you can have diff color ds's. and with things the the r4 opening up new possibilities with the ds of course theyd be making sickening amounts of money. oh yeah and all the nongaming douchebags who bought a wii because it was hip and trendy theyre to blame as well.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']We get it, they make a lot of money.

Why is it that only Nintendo gets these types of posts? If Ubisoft or someone made a ton of money, nobody would care.[/quote]

Are you the most bitter person alive? Jesus.

Honestly, if Ubisoft posted a profit of 2.43 billion it would be MUCH BIGGER NEWS than Nintendo posting it.

[quote name='tokitoki50']2.43 is a huge profit. I doubt Ubisoft (or MS and Sony for that matter) are even close to those kind of profit margins.[/quote]

You're joking in terms of MS, right? Their profit margins overall are HUGE, and their profit also dwarfs Nintendos tremendously. Now if you're referring to just their gaming division, that's another story...

[quote name='karkyco']You're joking in terms of MS, right? Their profit margins overall are HUGE, and their profit also dwarfs Nintendos tremendously. Now if you're referring to just their gaming division, that's another story...[/QUOTE]

Microsoft's gaming division actually made a profit of around $300 million this quarter.

[quote name='karkyco'] Now if you're referring to just their gaming division, that's another story...[/QUOTE]
Jesus fucking Christ, read the fucking title of this forum "General GAMING AND INDUSTRY News".

[quote name='schuerm26']Are you the most bitter person alive? Jesus.

Honestly, if Ubisoft posted a profit of 2.43 billion it would be MUCH BIGGER NEWS than Nintendo posting it.[/quote]Of course that would be big news. But Nintendo has been making money hand over fist for a while now. It's old news.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']We get it, they make a lot of money.

Why is it that only Nintendo gets these types of posts? If Ubisoft or someone made a ton of money, nobody would care.[/quote]because Ubisoft or anyone else wouldn't put out anything that looks like last year's technology times 1.5. Call me when Rockstar makes a new GTA that has the classic top-down view. If they make a million on that you'll see me posting random "They're rich" topics about them. As a Nintendo fan do you have any idea how much trash I had to take since late N64? I remember once freshman year everyone in the computer lab clowning me about Mario because I was trying to explan to someone about SSBM. I almost feel as if I should be able to go up to any Sony fanboy and smack him in the face with a dead fish for at least another 6-7 months or another PS3 pricedrop.

[quote name='karkyco']You're joking in terms of MS, right? Their profit margins overall are HUGE, and their profit also dwarfs Nintendo's tremendously. Now if you're referring to just their gaming division, that's another story...[/quote]I'm sure MS and EA and all them are making more money but in terms of margins? look how cheap it is to make a Wii. I know PS3 cost is dropping fast but is Xbox(the console not the division) even profitable yet? People have been talking lately about attach rates and that's important but you also have to remember that Nintendo is making money. A LOT of money per console. They're no longer in the razor blade model. What would be balls out awesome is if Nintendo started treating gaming like a sports franchise. The Wii is their recovery year. I'm not saying next time they have to create new tech, but what if Wii2 used not the bleeding edge of technology.. but the really sore spot of technology rather than the gentle feather touch of technology.

That's it. Nintendo am doomed.[quote name='schuerm26']Are you the most bitter person alive? Jesus.
[/quote]Ah, Gorilla's just cranky. Always has been, always will. He once yelled at a butterfly - called it a son of a bitch, told it to get the hell out of his garden.

[quote name='The Crotch']That's it. Nintendo am doomed.Ah, Gorilla's just cranky. Always has been, always will. He once yelled at a butterfly - called it a son of a bitch, told it to get the hell out of his garden.[/quote]No, I just don't see this as being newsworthy. It would be like someone posting a thread titled "The Patriots are Good, They Win Again".

What about "Patriots win by 2.3 billion points?"

[quote name='Azumangaman']They deserve it. The guys in marketing need a HUUGE RAISE (if they haven't gotten it already).[/quote]As far as I can see, most of the advertising for the Wii has been done by not-Nintendo. They're especially bad at advertising their games. Remember the Metroid Prime 3 ad? Didn't think so.

[quote name='The Crotch']That's it. Nintendo am doomed.Ah, Gorilla's just cranky. Always has been, always will. He once yelled at a butterfly - called it a son of a bitch, told it to get the hell out of his garden.[/QUOTE]
That was my butterfly. :whistle2:(
012_Butterfree.png

[quote name='The Crotch']As far as I can see, most of the advertising for the Wii has been done by not-Nintendo. They're especially bad at advertising their games. Remember the Metroid Prime 3 ad? Didn't think so.[/QUOTE]
I think, judging from the sheer absurdity of that statement, and the exorbitant use of "U"s, he was trying to be sarcastic.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I think, judging from the sheer absurdity of that statement, and the exorbitant use of "U"s, he was trying to be sarcastic.[/quote]You can never be too safe. I had him terminated just in case.

[quote name='The Crotch']You can never be too safe.[/QUOTE]
That's an interesting way to look at it. Usually giving the benefit of the doubt is considered "being safe".

But, assuming the worst works too. ;)

Good, now take some of that cash, Nintendo, and invest it in R&D so the Wii 2 can be a HD/online juggernaut so we can stop hearing about how no one wants to play "last gen" games with waggle any more.

Oh, and maybe start up a Quality Control division to review games before certifying them so people can't pull up the Metacritic averages to show how many crappy games there are on the Wii ;).

[quote name='The Crotch']Ahem...[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I skimmed the thread as quickly as possible hoping to get my jab in. I must've skimmed too quickly.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I hear Nintendo and Apple are merging.[/QUOTE]
I just got flashes of Steve Jobs saying "exciting" "wow" "amazing" "fantastic" about a thousand times, and then Reggie or Iwata coming out and acting awkward on stage for a few minutes until Steve shooed them off with John Mayer or Bono or Randy Newman something.

[quote name='lokizz']look at some of the posts on this site and its not hard to believe they make that much money. we all know the wii is cheap as hell to make since chances are its using who knows how much of the old gamecube stuff to run. add to that the fact many of you who buy ds's tend to buy more than one not just for other people but so you can have diff color ds's. and with things the the r4 opening up new possibilities with the ds of course theyd be making sickening amounts of money. oh yeah and all the nongaming douchebags who bought a wii because it was hip and trendy theyre to blame as well.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you say "to blame" here. Nintendo has probably launched the Wii just about perfectly to maximize profits (which, technically, is the goal). Sure, as a consumer, things have been annoying. But, never annoying enough to not buy one. Think about it, the Wii still isnt' in stock off the shelf here. Yet, I don't know a single person who, if they wanted a Wii, decided to buy a 360, PS3, PS2, anything else if they didn't get a Wii. They would just keep waiting until they got one.

The hand held market is huge for Nintendo and now they are dominating the console market. It won't be long until parents start calling all video games "nintendo's" again.

If there is one bad thing about this news, it's that many video gamers would love Nintendo to change some. Put out more games more often, push for more 3rd party support. This news is a deathnail to anything like that happening this generation.

[quote name='karkyco']You're joking in terms of MS, right? Their profit margins overall are HUGE, and their profit also dwarfs Nintendos tremendously. Now if you're referring to just their gaming division, that's another story...[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to be ambiguous. I was only talking about their gaming division.

bread's done
Back