Nintendo: Online Store - Refurbished 3DS and 3DS XL: starting at $109.99

Great Deal, I wonder if they fix the screen scratching issue on these before they send them out, if so that would be awesome. I already have a system though.

I wish I knew about this a month ago.  I bought myself a new Black 3DS XL last month.  I could have gotten it with a 16 GB SD card and saved $30+ on it.  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to share this with a few of my friends who are looking to get a 3DS for the up and coming titles.

I'm not as Nintendo savvy as most. I have the Mario Kart 3ds XL and it has the 4gb sd card I believe. If I upgrade to a bigger card, can I re-download or transfer my existing games? Also, what is the largest card? 32gb? My Monster Hunter 3 (from the sale earlier this month) and MK7) are preventing me to DL SSF 4. Of course, I was charged the $19.99 anyway, even though I couldn't dl it. :(

I'm not as Nintendo savvy as most. I have the Mario Kart 3ds XL and it has the 4gb sd card I believe. If I upgrade to a bigger card, can I re-download or transfer my existing games? Also, what is the largest card? 32gb? My Monster Hunter 3 (from the sale earlier this month) and MK7) are preventing me to DL SSF 4. Of course, I was charged the $19.99 anyway, even though I couldn't dl it. :(
you can transfer what is on your sd card through your pc.

I want to upgrade to an XL, but I kind of want to wait to see if there is a Zelda Bundle.

I want to upgrade to an XL, but I kind of want to wait to see if there is a Zelda Bundle.
You long missed that boat if you wanted a 3ds zelda bundle.

There was one few years ago.

Kinda hard to find and when you do, goes for more than any XL bundle there.

Just go for the XL unless you want to hunt down a used zelda 3ds.

I heard that there will be a Zelda 3ds xl bundle from a nintendo rep while I was at gamestop. She said it in a way that wouldn't get her in trouble but both me and the manager knew it was true.

Kind of lame. I just bought the aqua blue for 119. Looks brand new. I got just in time for pokemon. The midnight purple is a new option. It wasn't there when I ordered mine.

I heard that there will be a Zelda 3ds xl bundle from a nintendo rep while I was at gamestop. She said it in a way that wouldn't get her in trouble but both me and the manager knew it was true.
Seriously? I'd love to see that released before Between World comes out next month - sitll, crazy news if true.

You long missed that boat if you wanted a 3ds zelda bundle.

There was one few years ago.

Kinda hard to find and when you do, goes for more than any XL bundle there.

Just go for the XL unless you want to hunt down a used zelda 3ds.
We could always see a thanksgiving bundle for the xl when it comes out.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Black Friday or other holiday-season Link Between Worlds bundle, or at least a limited edition system. Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing got one, and there've been three Pokemon systems this year alone.

Anyways, while this is a superb deal for a standard-sized 3DS (especially an Aqua system as they're discontinued, as far as I'm aware), I'll stick with Cowboom for my XLs. The way Cowboom's jacking up normal 3DS prices you'd think they weren't being manufactured anymore. 

I just sold my red 3ds xl to get a Pokemon Special Edition, and the backplate on it was garbage. I know they are of low quality on the XL but it was so bad. i went to exchange it, they were sold out, so i said fuck it and returned it. 

I am going back to a regular 3DS, i enjoyed the way it felt much more than the XL (just as far as the build).

unfortunately the fact that it says "there may be cosmetic defects" makes me not interested in and of itself. 

I will price match to Frys I guess and use a 35 dollar gift card at best buy and it will be cheaper than a refurb with one day shipping, although I would life to save the gift card, the fact it could have cosmetic blemishes ruins it :/

Shipping and tax literally kills it for me. It comes out to about $120 something.

I guess at this point I'll just wait for a good Cowboom sale. I really want one and already have a case picked up. $100 is my max though for a regular 3DS.

The Quills.com & Fry's offer was cheaper than both the Nintendo and Cowboom 3DS XLs, and it's for a new system.  Quills ships for free so it's easier for me. 

Not a bad deal, but if you can wait for the holidays, I'd see if there are better deals on the table then. Last December you could get the 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle for $169 and the Super Mario 3D Land regular 3DS bundle for $129. Granted the 3DS library is much stronger this year and retailers may not see the need to have great hardware deals again, but may be worth waiting and seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back