Nintendo Power Magazine $3.23/12 issues

batdorf

CAG Veteran
BestDealMagazines.com has Nintendo Power Magazine today (1/1/08) only for $3.99 for 12 issues - new or renewals. Use coupon code "YEAREND19" on checkout to save an additional 19% making your price $3.23.

I have used this site often with no problems. They do not require customers to sign up for autorenewals automatically like many sites.

[quote name='eugaet']Very tempting, but not after checking their BBB records.[/quote]

You are a helpful man. What was said about them because this deal is very tempting.

I signed up through BDM for 5 years with Nintendo Power. Not a problem (so far, at least, I'm a bit more than a year into my subscription). I'd vouch for 'em.

The BBB gave them an "unsatisfactory" rating because they failed to respond to them when inquiring about customer complaints. There are multiple records on BBB's site, two unsatisfactory and one satisfactory. Make sure you're reading the correct one(s).

I'd trust them. I just renewed when they had their 20% off sale (HAHA ONE MORE PERCENT) and they've done as advertised so far.
Also, ever since the redesign, Nintendo Power has been incredible. Not in the way that they're best magazine around, but how they managed to turn things around so drastically and become a serious contender in the gaming mag business. Definitely something I wasn't expecting when I first saw the redesign.
For three dollars, anyone should definitely do it. Not as easy of a call as a free EGM subscription, but very close.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, ever since the redesign, Nintendo Power has been incredible. Not in the way that they're best magazine around, but how they managed to turn things around so drastically and become a serious contender in the gaming mag business. Definitely something I wasn't expecting when I first saw the redesign.
[/quote]

I would say it's a little early to be singing the praises of Future's Nintendo Power. The magazine has the general appearance of the old Nintendo-smothered magazine, but I have yet to see any real character which separates it from its former self. Other than an upsurge in ads and a few ads not Nintendo-related but general gaming-related, there's nothing to truely distinguish the magazine yet.

Still, it is a quality magazine for the Nintendo fan, and I have enjoyed it the years I've had it, including the new issues by Future Publishing.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would say it's a little early to be singing the praises of Future's Nintendo Power. The magazine has the general appearance of the old Nintendo-smothered magazine, but I have yet to see any real character which separates it from its former self. Other than an upsurge in ads and a few ads not Nintendo-related but general gaming-related, there's nothing to truely distinguish the magazine yet.

Still, it is a quality magazine for the Nintendo fan, and I have enjoyed it the years I've had it, including the new issues by Future Publishing.[/quote]

I think he meant the redesign that Nintendo themselves did...a while back, before Future bought them up.

And I agree with him; they really did make the magazine much better.

Very nice OP! I had been putting off my renewal, and had wanted to get the Zelda TP gift w/CD from Nintendo Power, but it looks like Future has limited to gift to some Zelda PH guide of their choosing, so this was a no brainer. Not free but as good as I've ever seen for a mag I've always loved, with that blind devotion only Nintendo can bring about in me.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Not as easy of a call as a free EGM subscription, but very close.[/QUOTE]

I got in on that free EGM, and I'm just saying, I'm glad it was free, because if I paid for that piece of crap I'd be rather upset...
I remember EGM being a pretty good magazine, now it's just a bunch of overbearing geeks who think their opinion is the final word in the video game industry...
Bunch of pompous fucks...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I got in on that free EGM, and I'm just saying, I'm glad it was free, because if I paid for that piece of crap I'd be rather upset...
I remember EGM being a pretty good magazine, now it's just a bunch of overbearing geeks who think their opinion is the final word in the video game industry...
Bunch of pompous fucks...
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that each issue seems to be about 10 pages long. I still have some of my EGM's from about 10 years ago and they are, literally, 5X the size.

At any rate, I did the free EGM sub so many times my subscription expires 10/11! :) And that's about what it's worth, sadly...

[quote name='eugaet']Very tempting, but not after checking their BBB records.[/QUOTE]

I've had no issue with Bestdealmags and I've been using them for years. At that price this is a no-brainer IMO. If you look closely enough at the BBB records I'm sure you'll find that people have had problems with every site, basically, at some point in time. Just remember it can take a long while for these subs to get filled -- by which point people have lost their patience.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Not to mention that each issue seems to be about 10 pages long. I still have some of my EGM's from about 10 years ago and they are, literally, 5X the size.

At any rate, I did the free EGM sub so many times my subscription expires 10/11! :) And that's about what it's worth, sadly...[/quote]

You had one that was 10 pages?! All I see is a few pages of gaming pictures, 2 pages of the main story and then 100 pages of ads.

Thanks OP! Got it for $3.23!

I've have a DS, a DS Lite, and just got a Wii for Christmas. So I am working on becomeing a Nintendo Fanboy. lol

I was considering paying full price (gasp!) since I didn't think Nintendo Power ever got discounted.

I used to get Official Xbox Magazine, also by Futures, and really liked it. I loved the demo disks. I stopped getting it when they went all 360.

I wish Nintendo had free demos. I think they are a great way to sell someone on a game they are so-so about. oh well.

I didn't order Nintendo Power But I did get Game Informer, Xbox Mag, and Muscle and Fitness for like $13 and if it doesnt work I just used one of those prepaid credit cards so no big deal. Thanks Again.

Thanks. Got it for $3.23. I visited local Bookstore every week on my day off... no need to buy magazine. But, $3.23 it worth for Nintendo Fans cos i have Wii & Ds Lite ;)

[quote name='blackbird3216']this place looks unlegit.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/bestdealmagazines.com?domain=bestdealmagazines.com&ref=safe&client_ver=FF_26.5_6254&locale=en-US&premium=false&client_type=FF&aff_id=0
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2076-p2-s1-d1.html
I suggest people use this as their "real address"
http://2prong.com/

So, people who have tried this in the past, have you started receiving random charges on Your CC or gotten spam/E-spam?[/QUOTE]

Blackbird - I started this post. i have ordered probably 50 magazines in the past few years from these guys and never had a problem at all. The only emails I have received are from the vendor. They send a weekly email with their specials each week (that's how I found out about the Nintendo Power special today) and the occasional special code giving you a discount like the one I included in the original post. Yes, sometimes it takes six weeks for the magazine subscription to start - especially if it is a monthly publication.

I have NEVER gotten a random charge on a credit card.

I've had a subscription to Nintendo Power since issue one, and my subscription was about to expire next month (at one point I think I had a subscription for seven years into the future because of some early free guide offers). Not anymore, woo!

Well i had doubts with this but you all seem to have good luck with them. For the safe side, i'm gonna use Paypal's virtual mastercard to get this deal...plus to test it out, even if i got screwed 3 bucks isnt a bad loss. When does that offer expire?

Picked up Nintendo power and Official Xbox magazine (no-cd) for $8.05 - Great find! Who needs the CD with XBox magazine if you have live?

I thought I read somwehere nintendo power was closing down and the magazine was to be discontinued.

[quote name='abhinav']You are a helpful man. What was said about them because this deal is very tempting.[/quote]Sorry about that, I made the assumption everyone knew how to check BBB records, don't know what I was thinking. ;)

Even with all the bad reports (outside of this thread), still tempting...trying to find the easiest way not to be taken for a ride...might try a one-time use CC number.

[quote name='batdorf']Blackbird - I started this post. i have ordered probably 50 magazines in the past few years from these guys and never had a problem at all. The only emails I have received are from the vendor. They send a weekly email with their specials each week (that's how I found out about the Nintendo Power special today) and the occasional special code giving you a discount like the one I included in the original post. Yes, sometimes it takes six weeks for the magazine subscription to start - especially if it is a monthly publication.

I have NEVER gotten a random charge on a credit card.[/quote] ooo, that's great. Now if they accept paypal, that just seals the deal. O, right and i cn use the temporary email addresses for this kind of stuff right?

[quote name='aea414']Orded with my Paypals Virtual Debit Card, Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
I tried doing that, but it says the service is only for people who signed up for the beta. Can you just use paypal to pay for this? I don't like signing up for some account im not going to use.

[quote name='ekard']I thought I read somwehere nintendo power was closing down and the magazine was to be discontinued.[/quote]

No, Nintendo Power is still going strong; Nintendo just doesn't publish it anymore. Future US has taken over as the new publisher. The magazine hasn't changed much at all though, other than there being a few more ads than normal (and no more extra goodies with your subscripion).

I bit..Nintendo Power and Men's Fitness for about $8 total! Very good find OP, my hats off.

Also, like PrarieDOG said, Nintendo Power is going strong. The reason the rumor was going around was last year Nintendo had stated they were going to drop publication..but another company picked it up. So if you feel it...I'd recommend to bite on this one.

ok, now that my paypal problem is solved, it says you have to sign up to buy subscriptions, however on the sign up page, it say you don't. Huh? And if i use a temporary email address, there should be no problem right?

Thanks for the tip, OP. My sub just ran out this month, too!

Love the "free gifts." Public domain e-books. I think it gives them the right to pass my email, address, and pnumber around to. Oh well, it's not like every company doesn't already have me on a list somewheres...

bread's done
Back