Nintendo pulls DS Lite ads to prevent insanity

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Nintendo has decided to pull DS Lite commercials in an effort to prevent what they call "consumer frenzy" in Japan. If anyone doens't know, the Enamel/Ice colors launch really soon, so we should expect many dead Japanese. Pulling your own commercials because your product is too popular? Bravo, N.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Sounds like something Microsoft should have done with their own 360 ads when the shortage was at it's worst. Good for Nintendo![/QUOTE]

They should have gone with a Cartmen-esque marketing campaign.

YOU fuckERS CAN'T HAVE IT, THIS SHIT IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU, NON-AMERICAN HIPPIES

I bet that woulda bumped up 360 sales into the four digit stratosphere.

[quote name='Strell']They should have gone with a Cartmen-esque marketing campaign.

YOU fuckERS CAN'T HAVE IT, THIS SHIT IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU, NON-AMERICAN HIPPIES

I bet that woulda bumped up 360 sales into the four digit stratosphere.[/QUOTE]

At first I thought you said Carmen, as in where in the world is carmen san diego.

Somebody's head will roll for the shortages, I'm sure of it. This is silly they could be selling several hundred thousand DS's if they just had stock.

[quote name='Crocodile']Somebody's head will roll for the shortages, I'm sure of it. This is silly they could be selling several hundred thousand DS's if they just had stock.[/QUOTE]

System launches are always difficult, and it's easy for us as non-Nintendo affiliated individuals to say they're missing out on more sales. But think about it - what other alternatives are there besides the DS? Only the PSP - and my guess is that those interested in buying a DS want that handheld and only that one.

Nintendo doesn't have to worry about losing sales - just taking longer for the cash to roll in.

The problem with the shortages was the manufacturing of the blue cases, I believe. Not much Nintendo can do about that other than using a different company next time.

[quote name='Ecofreak']System launches are always difficult, and it's easy for us as non-Nintendo affiliated individuals to say they're missing out on more sales. But think about it - what other alternatives are there besides the DS? Only the PSP - and my guess is that those interested in buying a DS want that handheld and only that one.

Nintendo doesn't have to worry about losing sales - just taking longer for the cash to roll in.[/QUOTE]

the alternative is the other DS, according to the console sales for the Lite launch week. nintendo is kicking some ass with this machine.

Pulling ads to "prevent insanity?" Riiiight. How about the much more realistic reason, that it's not worth the money to advertise a system when you don't need to because it's already selling out everywhere?

[quote name='Requiem']"fuckers" is no longer censored? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I think the all caps version is getting through again.

Cause fuckers are one thing... but FU**ERS... that deserves to be seen!

Edit: To ensure the spirit is upheld, I will edit that out.. but my test works ;)

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Sounds like something Microsoft should have done with their own 360 ads when the shortage was at it's worst. Good for Nintendo![/quote]
How many 360 ads did Microsoft show? I watch a lot of TV and I only saw the jump rope ad three or four times. I saw a lot more game ads (mostly Call of Duty 2, with a few PDZ and Kameo ads) then ads for the console.

bread's done
Back