Nintendo Selects 4 new games (8/28)

For those who haven't played, Super Paper Mario is incredible. Highly underrated. A lot of core Paper Mario fans bitch about it, but having played ALL the Mario RPGS, this is easily the best.

Yeah, I've never played another Paper Mario game so I'm not exactly core, but Super Paper Mario is basically a meh/OK/decent game. It's not fantastic by any stretch, but $19.99 is about the right price point for it, so hey.

Awesome! Definitely going to pick up Super Paper Mario. Every time I would go to EB and check the price of a used copy. $44.99 was not going to happen. I also want Strikers but I doubt any of my friends would play with me :(

[quote name='Skardee']Awesome! Definitely going to pick up Super Paper Mario. Every time I would go to EB and check the price of a used copy. $44.99 was not going to happen. I also want Strikers but I doubt any of my friends would play with me :([/QUOTE]

I remember reading that the online was actually pretty solid... wonder if anyone still plays.

[quote name='Skardee']Awesome! Definitely going to pick up Super Paper Mario. Every time I would go to EB and check the price of a used copy. $44.99 was not going to happen. I also want Strikers but I doubt any of my friends would play with me :([/QUOTE]

I'll play with you!

[quote name='RealDeals']For those who haven't played, Super Paper Mario is incredible. Highly underrated. A lot of core Paper Mario fans bitch about it, but having played ALL the Mario RPGS, this is easily the best.[/QUOTE]
Filthy lies. It was alright, but not on par with the first paper mario or thousand year door.

Nintendo takes so long to add games to their Player's Choice/Select line, it's ridiculous. I'll probably get Paper Mario though, been trying to find a deal for the longest time!

[quote name='matsam']Nintendo takes so long to add games to their Player's Choice/Select line, it's ridiculous. I'll probably get Paper Mario though, been trying to find a deal for the longest time![/QUOTE]

It's supply and demand. They can get away with selling their stuff for more $$ because their devoted fans will buy anything Mario tells them to. If they didn't command such blind loyalty, they would have to actually care about their brand (by lowering prices, releasing highly acclaimed games from other regions, etc.).

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I never played Super Paper Mario or Mario Galaxy. Though, I find Galaxy to be an overrated Mario game.[/QUOTE]

Does not compute. You just said you've never played it! :D

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Does not compute. You just said you've never played it! :D[/QUOTE]

Youtube + best buy. I never really saw what was so great in the Galaxy series.

I agree with OmegaChaos here, and I have played them. I think they're ok games, but not a fraction as good as everyone suggests. I enjoyed 64 and Sunshine far far far more.

Knock Galaxy 2 down to $20 already Nintendo...

[quote name='Derfel']I don't know... are you guys sure you like video games? ;)[/QUOTE]

Just because I don't see the appeal for the Galaxy series, means I don't like games? I never saw what was so great about them to begin with.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Just because I don't see the appeal for the Galaxy series, means I don't like games? I never saw what was so great about them to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's what the wink was for. The Galaxy games (particularly Galaxy 2) brought me a pure joy in gameplay that I don't think I've felt since the days of the Super Nintendo. They're full of such creative energy and imagination that they just make me smile constantly, eager to see what crazy awesome thing they come up with next. There's a reason that they're #2 and #3 on the GameRankings.com "All-Time-Best" list.

I understand that they won't be everyone's type of game, of course. Some people don't like cheerful aesthetics, or an almost total lack of plot, or 3D platformers, or whatever. And that's perfectly fine. I'll never get into Company of Heroes, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that it's a damn good game.

[quote name='Derfel']Dude, that's what the wink was for. The Galaxy games (particularly Galaxy 2) brought me a pure joy in gameplay that I don't think I've felt since the days of the Super Nintendo. They're full of such creative energy and imagination that they just make me smile constantly, eager to see what crazy awesome thing they come up with next. There's a reason that they're #2 and #3 on the GameRankings.com "All-Time-Best" list.

I understand that they won't be everyone's type of game, of course. Some people don't like cheerful aesthetics, or an almost total lack of plot, or 3D platformers, or whatever. And that's perfectly fine. I'll never get into Company of Heroes, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that it's a damn good game.[/QUOTE]

check out super mario 3ds. now that looks amazing!

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']oh mans did everyone preorder but me? lol i want some super paper mario ![/QUOTE]

Why would you pre-order these?

Toys R Us at Hurontario & Eglington already has them on the shelf. Not sure if all TRU would be following suit.

Yay 2 days early for 3 or so year old games! :p

bread's done
Back