Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people still having scratching issues with the dock or was that mostly launch units?
Scratching would be caused by external contours, I don't think the external design/casing went through any hardware revisions, so all units would be "launch units" in this regard.

Put a screen protector and you would be fine.

I wonder if we can finally officially declare the drought over or if this is just a one time huge shipment to everyone. You would think they will want a good supply available when super mario hits.

don't know. They definitely will have more stock for Mario and xmas quarter but there will also be much greater demand because that's where they do most of their sales for the year.

kofBzES.jpg

Mine is warped, I have never taken it anywhere. Only played in handheld mode twice. Bought it in june. Even when I bought it on vacation I played in docked mode when it wasn't in it's box. I tried to take it somewhere once but never had it out of a hard case. So yes, they are warping on their own.

Mine is warped, I have never taken it anywhere. Only played in handheld mode twice. Bought it in june. Even when I bought it on vacation I played in docked mode when it wasn't in it's box. I tried to take it somewhere once but never had it out of a hard case. So yes, they are warping on their own.
Yeah, my best guess for this issue(which is more than real, as I've seen to much proof to deny it), is that when this thing is in that dock, and producing heat, it's causing the plastics to warp. If you heat or cool anything, and add weight/gravity to the equation, your going to see movement over time.

Just based on the numerous issues I've seen with the NS since launch, this just really shows how rushed this system was to market, as I've been buying "N" systems since they first started in the states, and I've seen more issues with this one console, than I think I've seen over 30 years with any of their other devices combined(consoles or handhelds).

Wake me up if it becomes an actual problem. I wouldn't doubt if yours was like that day one too. Pretty sure mine was.

VEry much a non-issue at the moment. Don't notice it unless you eyeball it. Doesn't affect anything. IT's just not perfectly level is all. But if ever look at your walls or your floor you would notice those things are not perfectly level either.

Remember when the trolls said joycon desync issues didn't exist. This warping must be fake and a conspiracy by Nintendo haters. Lol!

I saw 4 Grey Switches at TRU Cbus Ohio. I have gorilla glass (I think that is what they are called. Purchased 2 pack from Amazon. I also have a custom covers that was suggested several months ago and sold by etsy. I keep my Switches in cases and do not leave them in the dock.

I just bought a switch and forgot about it scratches when docking. Oh well. It scratched first time i gingerly put it in.

I have no warping or scratching issues with my Switch.

The only issue I have is that the left Joy-Con is kinda loose when snapped into the tablet. But I'm pretty sure this started happening because I one time accidentally dropped the console.

I'd probably want to get another one when this loose Joy-Con issue gets annoying, but it doesn't look like there's any Switch system transfer functionality yet so I'll hold off for a while.

I would love to see switch sales numbers for the past week.  It had to be the most units available since launch.

I would love to see switch sales numbers for the past week. It had to be the most units available since launch.
The last month has had a steady stream. July sales were great though no numbers were given. The PS4 surprisingly was neck and neck according to npd.

http://www.dualshockers.com/npd-splatoon-2-nintendo-switch/

Too bad the bending issue is popping up though. That's unfortunate for all of those people affected.

The last month has had a steady stream. Too bad the bending issue is popping up though. That's unfortunate for all of those people affected.
Actually, out of all the NS issues so far(left JC sync issue, bad Wi-Fi, screen scratching, etc), the bending is actually the best problem to have, as it really doesn't affect performance in any way, or hinder the use of the actual system.

Now of course over time, if the bend gets bad enough, it could cause an issue to some internal component, but so far, no reports of those types of issues have happened. So, unless someone lays the system flat, or uses a level on it, no one would really know the warping is even there.

Actually, out of all the NS issues so far(left JC sync issue, bad Wi-Fi, screen scratching, etc), the bending is actually the best problem to have, as it really doesn't affect performance in any way, or hinder the use of the actual system.

Now of course over time, if the bend gets bad enough, it could cause an issue to some internal component, but so far, no reports of those types of issues have happened. So, unless someone lays the system flat, or uses a level on it, no one would really know the warping is even there.
Knowing Nintendo they will claim that the bending issue is normal and doesn't affect gameplay, and they won't fix it. Sadly based on all the issues with the Switch, it's clear that it was rushed out without proper testing after the Wii U bombed out. I would personally just return the system to the retailer if I had any of these problems, and wait for a better (fixed) version of the handheld.

People said the same thing about the iPhone 6 Plus back when it came out. "Its just a bend, it's not that prevalent, and it doesn't affect performance"...fast forward a year later, everyone has/will have "touch disease" on their iPhone 6 Plus.

Neither. Made up problem.

Wake me up if it becomes an actual problem. I wouldn't doubt if yours was like that day one too. Pretty sure mine was.

VEry much a non-issue at the moment. Don't notice it unless you eyeball it. Doesn't affect anything. IT's just not perfectly level is all. But if ever look at your walls or your floor you would notice those things are not perfectly level either.
How much does Nintendo pay you per post?

Gotta love the sales of the Switch in July and Splatoon too.  Also gotta love how many spend their precious time trolling Nitnendo threads. 

Decent amt of  stock in my area now.  Anyone wanting one in town can get one for the time being.  

What's the worldwide sales and US/NA sales total supposed to be now?

I remember after month one they touted this 2.7M number (must have been WW not just US) but then in month two it was a modest 200,000 to 275k more). I guess that's normal, not a sign that it's only popular for the same 5M early adopters as Wii U and will only add another 5 over its lifetime. But the 18M fiscal 2017 number they touted seemed way too optimistic.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough so that 3rd parties keep supporting it.

Some local Target's in Vegas have stock of both neon and grey today. Was at Targets on the NW side of town. Was looking for the LE Alien Covenant that wasn't in a spider wrap, I failed :[

What's the worldwide sales and US/NA sales total supposed to be now?

I remember after month one they touted this 2.7M number (must have been WW not just US) but then in month two it was a modest 200,000 to 275k more). I guess that's normal, not a sign that it's only popular for the same 5M early adopters as Wii U and will only add another 5 over its lifetime. But the 18M fiscal 2017 number they touted seemed way too optimistic.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough so that 3rd parties keep supporting it.
I think 10 million was Nintendo's estimate for the year/fiscal year. I wouldn't call it more than a 1st party system.

They should hit 10 million with Mario and xmas coming up.

The way the switch is selling it could be even more popular than the ds or snes, it's a little early to predict any of that though

I really wouldn't mind buying one of these down the line, but I'd want them to fix the hardware issues that plague a lot of owners. Given how little they're making and how fast they're selling makes that an impossibility for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

I mean we don't know how many versions of the switch we are going to get, we had the ds, dslite , dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl,new 3ds, new3ds xl, 2ds xl.

Then we had the wii and Wii U

My real concern is this: if I download 200 dollars of Eshop games and then Nintendo makes a new upgraded switch that I want to buy, id have to rebuy those 200 dollars of games, fuck that

I mean we don't know how many versions of the switch we are going to get, we had the ds, dslite , dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl,new 3ds, new3ds xl, 2ds xl.

Then we had the wii and Wii U

My real concern is this: if I download 200 dollars of Eshop games and then Nintendo makes a new upgraded switch that I want to buy, id have to rebuy those 200 dollars of games, fuck that
For all of the ds incarnations with dlc capabilities, they allowed transfer of the content, although not as simple as it should be. Consoles have not had upgraded versions, but I don't see why they wouldn't allow transfers in some difficult nintendo way if an unlikely upgraded version ever came out.

For all of the ds incarnations with dlc capabilities, they allowed transfer of the content, although not as simple as it should be. Consoles have not had upgraded versions, but I don't see why they wouldn't allow transfers in some difficult nintendo way if an unlikely upgraded version ever came out.
Yeah, as shit as "N" is 90% of the time, they do allow for transfer of games from one system in a line to another. I've done 4-5 3DS transfers personally, and while rather time consuming, the process in general worked rather well. Everything stays 100% as it was, from folders, to settings. I've only done the Vita transfer 2 times I believe, and that wasn't so much a transfer, as it was just deactivating one system, and reactivating another. But when your done, nothing is saved, so you have to re-do folders(bubbles), wallpapers, etc and it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

So "N" while doing something that is way out of touch with the current industry standards, I do give them credit, but of course a unified account would be best, but that seems like it will never happen. Hell, how long will it even take for VC and other online features to even start? These guys biggest revenue stream should be their past library, and it's really an after thought to them most of the time, which shows how clueless they are more often than not.

Snagged a Switch at a Gamestop in Columbia, SC. A Target was listed as having one on istocknow but the ones at Gamestop weren't listed. Apparently the district manager went around the stores and dropped off a few each yesterday. Glad I was able to use my trade-in credit.

Edit: Only the gray versions were in stock, unfortunately.

Snagged a Switch at a Gamestop in Columbia, SC. A Target was listed as having one on istocknow but the ones at Gamestop weren't listed. Apparently the district manager went around the stores and dropped off a few each yesterday. Glad I was able to use my trade-in credit.

Edit: Only the gray versions were in stock, unfortunately.
So have they finally stopped forcing those bundles on consumers, and just selling the system on it's own?

So have they finally stopped forcing those bundles on consumers, and just selling the system on it's own?
For now, but only in store. Local prestige store told me yesterday that all SC district stores had more in reserve and would be distributed on a sales performance basis.

For now, but only in store. Local prestige store told me yesterday that all SC district stores had more in reserve and would be distributed on a sales performance basis.
So in other words, GS will release the systems when they can make the most from them, gotcha. LOL

I would bet money they are selling some, and keeping some, and once the holidays roll around, and people can't find them anymore, the bundles will be back, and probably worst than before. Honestly, some of the bundles where decent, as most items included, someone may have bought anyways.

Now those Thinkgeek bundles, is a completely different matter. A bunch of crap they can't give away, and then they want to prey on desperation, and move "junk", that's just BS.

Yeah, as shit as "N" is 90% of the time, they do allow for transfer of games from one system in a line to another. I've done 4-5 3DS transfers personally, and while rather time consuming, the process in general worked rather well. Everything stays 100% as it was, from folders, to settings. I've only done the Vita transfer 2 times I believe, and that wasn't so much a transfer, as it was just deactivating one system, and reactivating another. But when your done, nothing is saved, so you have to re-do folders(bubbles), wallpapers, etc and it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

So "N" while doing something that is way out of touch with the current industry standards, I do give them credit, but of course a unified account would be best, but that seems like it will never happen. Hell, how long will it even take for VC and other online features to even start? These guys biggest revenue stream should be their past library, and it's really an after thought to them most of the time, which shows how clueless they are more often than not.
Why do you even post if "N" is such shit? You can post paragraphs of garbage but can't type Nintendo? do you even own a switch? Why are you here? Why do you have the most posts in this thread?

Questions never too be answered.

bread's done
Back