Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Switch bombs like the Wii U before it, it'll be hard for Nintendo to start again. And based on the current lack of big 3rd party developers, it's going to have a rough road ahead. I wouldn't be so certain that they'll continue to make gaming hardware if things don't work out.
The Switch has good marketing behind and Nintendo has done a great job of putting what the system is out there for the public, which is has proven successful thus far with the demand for the system. The Wii U was marketed horribly from the start and casual gamers and many parents thought the Wii U was some kind of tablet add-on for the Wii. The name Wii U and the lack of a killer app at launch hurt the system. The biggest launch games for Wii U launch were New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi-U, both good games, but neither are system sellers. Zelda on Switch benefited by the poor Wii U sales as many people opted to buy a Switch to get the game opposed to a Wii U since the price of the Wii U hasn't gone down buying the system over a Switch financially doesn't make any sense right now.

Even with the Wii U failing commercially it isn't like Nintendo is losing a ton of money, the 3DS has made them a ton of money and software sales are pretty great even for the Wii U considering the number of consoles out in the wild. Nintendo's first-party stuff will always do well and they will always have a market for those games.

I think the Switch will be fine. It obviously does not have the casual appeal of the Wii, let alone DS, but it's almost guaranteed do better than the Wii U, and it's already off to a better start/ than that of the 3DS, which had a terrible launch, but went onto to be a solid hit for Nintendo.

As for GameStop, yeah, there's no sugar coating that. Whenever any business starts closing stores, that's a really bad sign. Does not necessarily mean they will go out of business "tomorrow," but it's a clear sign you are in serious trouble. I know in my own personal case, other than on rare occasion, I rarely do business with GameStop in the last several years. With the advent of Amazon, digital downloads, and places like Best Buy stepping up with used games market, it's pretty easy to see why GameStop is in trouble. 

The Switch is here to stay. There's just a lot of people that haven't come to realize it yet.
only concern with the nintendo switch is the lack of games. nintendo can't just give their buyers few decent (4-5)games a year. with the lack of 3rd party games its going to go the same route as the wii u. if they open up their wii u library ( which I'm really hoping) they can give lots of people more games to play. but will they?

As far as Gamestop goes, 150 stores closing is nothing. Most major cities have 3 or 4 Gamestop stores, and I can think of a few places where I live that literally have two Gamestops across the street from each other. GS has a lot of fat to trim, that's all you're seeing here.

As far as Gamestop goes, 150 stores closing is nothing. Most major cities have 3 or 4 Gamestop stores, and I can think of a few places where I live that literally have two Gamestops across the street from each other. GS has a lot of fat to trim, that's all you're seeing here.
Here in Austin we have 11 Gamestops, and that's not counting the ones in the greater metropolitan area that are technically in a neighboring city. I can't help but expect 1 or 2 of those closings to occur here. Some of those locations always have a line at the register when I walk in, and others almost never have another customer in sight.

only concern with the nintendo switch is the lack of games. nintendo can't just give their buyers few decent (4-5)games a year. with the lack of 3rd party games its going to go the same route as the wii u. if they open up their wii u library ( which I'm really hoping) they can give lots of people more games to play. but will they?
Which is a totally valid concern. If I felt like you'd I'd wait until the end of the year to buy one. The early adopters are the ones paying the price by missing out on minor hardware revisions and not getting holiday discounts and bundles. If you don't need one immediately then it sounds like you're in a pretty good situation.

There will definitely be a bunch of "remasters" too. The Wii U had a few all-time greats that many people never purchased. Plus that's the easiest way NIntendo can plug holes in the release calendar. They'll beef up the Switch library as well as drive sales by porting over recent games without having to go through the entire development cycle of something brand new. It starts with Mariokart 8 in just a month. Games like Super Mario 3D world and some iteration of Smash are practically a lock to happen in time.

I guess all those years of ripping people off for their games didn't work out in the long run gamestop.

If a B&M store has got to go, I'm glad it's Gamestop.

It will suck losing the stores that are literally right next to each other as it makes flipping so much easier. You get spoiled having 5 Gamestops within a 15 minute drive. That being said you take away the flipping and Gamestop ceases to have value outside of guaranteeing you get the new system at midnight every 4-5 years.

Nintendo Switch will be huge this holiday. Of course when they make the ~$200 version with different colors/themes it will explode. Not a single person I know was moved by that presentation but the moment they see it being played in person they're all converts. Good luck to anyone who is looking for one and who didn't refresh every retail website during that January presentation.

Not a single person I know was moved by that presentation but the moment they see it being played in person they're all converts.
Yeah that's the beauty of it. Most owners agree that once you un-box the system and play with it in your hands its shocking how immediately satisfying it becomes. It's pleasantly surprising.

If the Switch bombs like the Wii U before it, it'll be hard for Nintendo to start again. And based on the current lack of big 3rd party developers, it's going to have a rough road ahead. I wouldn't be so certain that they'll continue to make gaming hardware if things don't work out.
I highly doubt you know Nintendo's operating budget.

The DS is the 2nd highest selling platform of all time, Gameboy 3rd and the Wii 5th. They have the most recognizable video game characters of all time. I don't think they will be leaving the console business anytime soon.
The only console in recent memory of theirs that failed was the Wii U, and had they used proper marketing and a different name it might have done better.

Look at the NES classic and how it sold. If Nintendo ever got in trouble they could do an SNES classic, N64 classic, GameCube classic, GB classic, GBA classic, and DS classic and make up for whatever revenue they lost. I know I'd buy every one of them for nostaliga's sake despite having the ability to emulate them all.

Heck I'd buy an NES classic immediately if I could find one.

I guess all those years of ripping people off for their games didn't work out in the long run gamestop.

If a B&M store has got to go, I'm glad it's Gamestop.
what are you talking about? selling opened games as new was such an unquestionable act

The only console in recent memory of theirs that failed was the Wii U, and had they used proper marketing and a different name it might have done better.

Look at the NES classic and how it sold. If Nintendo ever got in trouble they could do an SNES classic, N64 classic, GameCube classic, GB classic, GBA classic, and DS classic and make up for whatever revenue they lost. I know I'd buy every one of them for nostaliga's sake despite having the ability to emulate them all.

Heck I'd buy an NES classic immediately if I could find one.
Honestly, they don't need any of that. If they just offered their back catalog properly through VC, they could probably make billions on that alone annually. But their process for releasing past games is a joke at best, and the Mini is still in demand, and it is all but gone from retail. "N" leaves so much money on the table it's not even funny.

I used to think the same way, but with how disappointing most 3rd party games are now (Mass Effect Andromeda, For Honor, Wildlands, etc) I think they'll manage. I'll take 1 Zelda BOTW over 50 mediocre Andromeda's.

I used to think the same way, but with how disappointing most 3rd party games are now (Mass Effect Andromeda, For Honor, Wildlands, etc) I think they'll manage. I'll take 1 Zelda BOTW over 50 mediocre Andromeda's.
Those games still sell extremely well. Games selling well helps a system.

I am not sure if a lack of games will be that huge of a deal to the Switch. Nintendo games are the primary reason people will buy a Switch and if they can put out 4-5 games themselves a year they will be fine, plus the indie support thus far has been good and I think it will just get better with how Nintendo has made the Switch easier and cheaper to develop for. Third-party wise I think we will get more games, but we won't see anything like say Battlefield 1 on the console and many gamers who pick up a Switch are likely to already have a PS4, Xbox One, and/or a gaming PC. I don't think Switch will kill Xbox One and PS4 in terms of sales, but I do think it will crush what the Wii U did.

Mom found my husband and I a Switch at their Wal-Mart out in the boonies (Ladysmith, WI. Pop like 2,000 people). Shipping it to me tomorrow. :D

Not a fan of GameStop but sure as hell don't want them to go out of business simply because less competition for Amazon and Best Buy will only hurt consumers because they will just make their good promotions worse in the long run.

Such concern. They release limited runs and make the demand super high. Here we are almost 5 months from NES classic and that shit is still ridiculous to find. They release a neat console with a different spin, but the hardware is years behind PS4 and Xbox and people are killing each other to get it and hurdling great games on the competition. They created a frenzy for their brand and as long as they keep shitting out reiterations of metroid, zelda, and mario people will go nuts.

Such concern. They release limited runs and make the demand super high. Here we are almost 5 months from NES classic and that shit is still ridiculous to find. They release a neat console with a different spin, but the hardware is years behind PS4 and Xbox and people are killing each other to get it and hurdling great games on the competition. They created a frenzy for their brand and as long as they keep shitting out reiterations of metroid, zelda, and mario people will go nuts.
If WiiU & Gamecube proved anything it's that the Zelda, Mario and when the eff we gettting a legit Metriod fanbase isn't enough.

I'm pretty sure NES Classics aren't being shipped to stores at the moment. My guess with be either they halted production to increase production on Switch for now, or more likely the are working on patching whatever exploit allows people to fill the thing with roms. It's probably a combination of the both.

I'm pretty sure NES Classics aren't being shipped to stores at the moment. My guess with be either they halted production to increase production on Switch for now, or more likely the are working on patching whatever exploit allows people to fill the thing with roms. It's probably a combination of the both.
Im actually getting one in this week lol.

So how hard is a regular switch to find. Do you think they will get easier to find in the future.

Wanted to get one for my birthday coming up in the beginning of May.

I was gonna ask all my friends to give me Visa/Mastercard Giftcards.

Just got a Switch at target. Haven't even tried getting one til now but figured it'd be easier now. Followed some stock tracker sites yesterday and last night the target near my work popped up showing 5 in stock. Showed up about 25 minutes before opening today, there was one guy in front of me and 3 more showed up before opening. They had 6 so all 5 of us got ours :)

Also ordered Zelda SE from Prime Now last night, should arrive sometime today.

They have been showing up regularly. They still sell really fast, but I've seen frequent restocks. I've got a neighbor that's been looking for one but missed the couple of times I saw it pop up. I just wish they would make some more controllers for it. Those have been impossible to get and haven't been restocked as far as I've found.

Keep in mind you can't just do a quick run of them, they have to be manufactured and shipped via boat from China. That takes time. But yeah, they are probably prioritizing Switch right now, as they should.

If WiiU & Gamecube proved anything it's that the Zelda, Mario and when the eff we gettting a legit Metriod fanbase isn't enough.
Not to mention that they would have to get Retro to do it if it isn't a side scroller (which I would be fine with too!). Nintendo themselves do not seem to have a good grasp on how to move Metroid (or Starfox) forward into modern gaming. I'd love a new modern Metroid, but if it's anything like Other M or Federation Heroes that's worse than nothing at all.

I just picked one up at a target in Roswell GA. Called because it was my day off. They happened to have two more after the one they were currently selling, the guy said. So I rushed down there in my PJs to buy it. Already returned my Best Buy preorder bc the reselling potential isn't there unless you go craigslist but it's $15 cheaper with my red card so I decided why not at least get it. Bday is coming up too so I could keep it.

Tldr; if target says limited stock online, call because they might have one

There will definitely be a bunch of "remasters" too. The Wii U had a few all-time greats that many people never purchased. Plus that's the easiest way NIntendo can plug holes in the release calendar. They'll beef up the Switch library as well as drive sales by porting over recent games without having to go through the entire development cycle of something brand new. It starts with Mariokart 8 in just a month. Games like Super Mario 3D world and some iteration of Smash are practically a lock to happen in time.
Primarily because people like myself will not justify buying a console solely for a handful of games. I've passed on plenty of games and no longer consider myself a Nintendo fan past the N64 era because they keep trying to reinvent the wheel. IIRC WiiU systems were sold at a loss at launch which beggars the question why, when there are more established platforms like PS4/X1 and the mobile market, do they refuse to not simply make games where they would sell far more copies and reconnect with fans?

Primarily because people like myself will not justify buying a console solely for a handful of games. I've passed on plenty of games and no longer consider myself a Nintendo fan past the N64 era because they keep trying to reinvent the wheel. IIRC WiiU systems were sold at a loss at launch which beggars the question why, when there are more established platforms like PS4/X1 and the mobile market, do they refuse to not simply make games where they would sell far more copies and reconnect with fans?
revenue curve on console hardware is pretty steep so two years into production consoles manufacturing costs tend drop steeply which is what allows for and drive price drops on the hardware. Once you leave the market getting back in is extremely difficult so Nintendo would be extremely slow leaving a market that they broke records with two generations ago.

I have a wii u and I just got a switch. Gaming on Nintendo since the late 80s, their consoles will always draw to me. Nostalgia gets me every time, plus I can play all the third party games on my ps4. The switch will be for mostly first party titles and maybe some indies. I could care less about third party titles on the switch.

So you're not buying one, you're not a Nintendo fan, and why doesn't Nintendo cater to your personal preferences. Got it.

Got mine yesterday at a Walmart near me that popped up on Brickseek. I wasn't actively looking until the second wave, since I figured the first wave would be the most prone to defects. I skipped the Wii U after being disappointed with the Wii, so I'm hoping Nintendo rereleases a bunch of stuff from the prior generation. Seems like quite a few more are popping up now, so I'm sure everyone looking will get one soon.

So you're not buying one, you're not a Nintendo fan, and why doesn't Nintendo cater to your personal preferences. Got it.
Show of hands for continuing to shell out $300 for games held back by hardware limitations, poor quality of life interfaces (online, trophy support, etc), and select few game titles?

Show of hands for continuing to shell out $300 for games held back by hardware limitations, poor quality of life interfaces (online, trophy support, etc), and select few game titles?
I think ur lost lol. People paid $300 for this thing just to play Zelda.

But at least they have faith in the handheld market. Unlike some other Japanese company.

bread's done
Back