Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Also for those saying they have only played 3 hours of BOTW, you just need to play more. I was super bored until hour 3-5, can't remember, but once you figure out the possibilities of the world and how much variety and "weirdness" the game offers, you won't be able to stop. Don't judge a game by a few hours, it will be your loss.
I played on my friends switch and my god it was boring AF. He said the same though he almost didn't want to let me play because he said he wanted me to really sink my teeth into it. My argument was that I shouldn't have to play through multiple boring hours waiting for it to get good. I know I'll get around to it but I simply wasn't impressed in the 2-3 hours I played.

Also for those saying they have only played 3 hours of BOTW, you just need to play more. I was super bored until hour 3-5, can't remember, but once you figure out the possibilities of the world and how much variety and "weirdness" the game offers, you won't be able to stop. Don't judge a game by a few hours, it will be your loss.
I would never throw in the towel on a Zelda game so soon, as it's probably my most played series in all of gaming. My son actually played for the first time yesterday for 2-3 hours, and within that time, he got way more out of it than I did, but he watches video's all the time for games, so he doesn't care much about spoiling, so he got right in to the meat of things I guess rather quickly. LOL

I'll for sure give it the proper due, it's just boring as hell out of the gate, and some of the new features aren't in my wheel house so to speak, but I'm opened minded. I for sure wouldn't have bought a new system to play this, when the old way seems fine, but to each his own.

I played on my friends switch and my god it was boring AF. He said the same though he almost didn't want to let me play because he said he wanted me to really sink my teeth into it. My argument was that I shouldn't have to play through multiple boring hours waiting for it to get good. I know I'll get around to it but I simply wasn't impressed in the 2-3 hours I played.
The simple fact you wrote "boring AF" helps us all understand the problem.

Is the Switch even really sold out anymore? Everywhere I go I see them in cages or on the back counter. Can't say the same for NESC, though.

I would never throw in the towel on a Zelda game so soon, as it's probably my most played series in all of gaming. My son actually played for the first time yesterday for 2-3 hours, and within that time, he got way more out of it than I did, but he watches video's all the time for games, so he doesn't care much about spoiling, so he got right in to the meat of things I guess rather quickly. LOL

I'll for sure give it the proper due, it's just boring as hell out of the gate, and some of the new features aren't in my wheel house so to speak, but I'm opened minded. I for sure wouldn't have bought a new system to play this, when the old way seems fine, but to each his own.
I agree and I'm sure it's amazing but it just didn't grab me from the start which just makes it hard to run out and spend 300$ right now(don't have a Wii u). I'll eventually sit down and give a proper whirl. Glad your kid is enjoying it though.

The simple fact you wrote "boring AF" helps us all understand the problem.
Makes sense.

Is the Switch even really sold out anymore? Everywhere I go I see them in cages or on the back counter. Can't say the same for NESC, though.
Well, today is officially 1 month in, and "N" claimed 2 million shipped in that time, as the last few days, there have been tons of reports of units being around in the wild, so they may have finally reached the saturation point. Now to see how sales go over the next 2-4 months once inventory is plentiful everywhere, as it should be interesting to say the least.

Zelda BOTW is amazing.  Giving up within the first three hours is like giving up on a game after playing the tutorial.  Since when is the tutorial the highlight of the game?  At least here it's part of the overall game and gives you a foundation for how to survive once you get going.   If you love open world exploration, creative uses of physics and problem solving, interesting stories and characters, as well as some of the survival parts of games like Lost in Blue and Minecraft... this game is fantastic.  It is really one of the best games I've ever played in my life and it's really what I dreamed games could be like as a kid.

Well, today is officially 1 month in, and "N" claimed 2 million shipped in that time, as the last few days, there have been tons of reports of units being around in the wild, so they may have finally reached the saturation point. Now to see how sales go over the next 2-4 months once inventory is plentiful everywhere, as it should be interesting to say the least.
Oh wow, time really flies. Then again, I was playing the shit out of Horizon. ;)

You must just be going to the stores at the right moment when they come in, because they're still going quick. If you were to leave those stores you're seeing them at and come back a few hours later, they'd be gone. The biggest sign that inventory is sufficient is when it goes up for sale online somewhere and stays in stock without selling out right away, and that hasn't happened yet except for stores that insist on expensive bundles.

You must just be going to the stores at the right moment when they come in, because they're still going quick. If you were to leave those stores you're seeing them at and come back a few hours later, they'd be gone. The biggest sign that inventory is sufficient is when it goes up for sale online somewhere and stays in stock without selling out right away, and that hasn't happened yet except for stores that insist on expensive bundles.
In fact I revisited the GameStop I saw had them in a few days ago and they still had 2 left in the same spot they were. Whether that was restock or not, they were still not sold out. Granted, I have no idea if they're only selling them as bundles as I didn't inquire, but I kind of doubt that's the case on a store level.

In fact I revisited the GameStop I saw had them in a few days ago and they still had 2 left in the same spot they were. Whether that was restock or not, they were still not sold out. Granted, I have no idea if they're only selling them as bundles as I didn't inquire, but I kind of doubt that's the case on a store level.
They might also be pre orders or holds or even just empty display boxes as well

Someone locally is selling a Switch for $200 with Zelda. Asked them if they had a receipt and "yes I need to go home and get it, it comes with a warranty for 1 year and I got an extended warranty for free because I work at Gamestop."

Seem shady to anyone else?

Someone locally is selling a Switch for $200 with Zelda. Asked them if they had a receipt and "yes I need to go home and get it, it comes with a warranty for 1 year and I got an extended warranty for free because I work at Gamestop."

If he shows up with everything and it is in working order, I'd take it in a heart beat!!

If he shows up with everything and it is in working order, I'd take it in a heart beat!!
Really like Zelda but I find the game to be too easy, so I stopped at the spot I'm at and decided to wait for hard mode. Only bad thing is that my switch is now paperweight! Oh well I love the system though.

On topic, I know some of you are finding switches easily but I live in norcal and look at every store I visit to see if they have switches and they don't. We have at least 2 dozen GameStop's in my area and 5 best buy's, tons of walmarts and targets. The area I live in though nothing really slips past people, especially the switch.

If this is actual legit, please provide us a proof of life photo immediately after. Sounds like a super scam.

Sometimes these types of deals can be legit, as people need funds fast, so they offer a price people can't refuse, but is still a decent amount of cash for the seller. Each case is different, and should be approached cautiously, but can be good in the end.

I have been watching the GS inventory of these since launch and trust me they have been selling through these very quickly with multiple restocks in the last couple weeks. They currently only have a couple dozen stores with 1 or 2 of these in stock.

Sometimes these types of deals can be legit, as people need funds fast, so they offer a price people can't refuse, but is still a decent amount of cash for the seller. Each case is different, and should be approached cautiously, but can be good in the end.
Yeah it's possible he had a lot of credit, played Zelda, the one game he wanted to play, and is selling it for some quick cash. My brother in law did this with import cars; buy from people in dire straits, fix them up, and sell them for a profit. I'd be all over this if it was local to me. Just remember, meet at a public place, carry your firearm concealed with you (so long as you do it legally,) and you're golden!

Yeah it's possible he had a lot of credit, played Zelda, the one game he wanted to play, and is selling it for some quick cash. My brother in law did this with import cars; buy from people in dire straits, fix them up, and sell them for a profit. I'd be all over this if it was local to me. Just remember, meet at a public place, carry your firearm concealed with you (so long as you do it legally,) and you're golden!
You must be a pretty big pussy if you need to bring a gun with you to a Craigslist meetup.

I have been watching the GS inventory of these since launch and trust me they have been selling through these very quickly with multiple restocks in the last couple weeks. They currently only have a couple dozen stores with 1 or 2 of these in stock.
Clearly just my area then which is surprising given the population.

well starting to give up on gamefly  in getting switch games..

I got zelda and bomberman Day 1 from them

Issca and  lego city both Jumped to LOW  even with open slots ...

starting to think even if you just get  2 games out at a time (6 buck rentals)   starting to think might just be cheaper to buy  VIA  Best buy and resell  though ebay...

issca would been  34 or so after tax  seems like it would been easy to resell at 30

I'm more worried about it being stolen, considering the rest in the area are $350-400 and well quickly. I might do it later, I already have a switch, I would just sell this one cheap enough to make a quick profit and sell to someone who wanted it at a decent deal.

No reason to bring my gun though, I just meet in public. Only time I ever took a gun was going to a shady area late one night and my buddy came along.

well starting to give up on gamefly in getting switch games..

I got zelda and bomberman Day 1 from them

Issca and lego city both Jumped to LOW even with open slots ...

starting to think even if you just get 2 games out at a time (6 buck rentals) starting to think might just be cheaper to buy VIA Best buy and resell though ebay...

issca would been 34 or so after tax seems like it would been easy to resell at 30
Honestly, depending on how quick you run through games, that might be a good idea. Since I rarely ever buy games full price, I've never dealt with Gamefly for this exact reason, as most of the time, I would do better selling it my self, than paying the rental fees, when I know I wouldn't get through the games fast enough to make it worth my time.

Honestly, depending on how quick you run through games, that might be a good idea. Since I rarely ever buy games full price, I've never dealt with Gamefly for this exact reason, as most of the time, I would do better selling it my self, than paying the rental fees, when I know I wouldn't get through the games fast enough to make it worth my time.
not sure how many people even do the normal gamefly at 22 per month... not sure why they even charge 22 per month when they allow anyone to buy gift cards (3 months 2 at a time for 36 or so) knocks it to around 12 per month...... i figured if i could get at least 3 games per month it would be worth it.... with switch games costing 60 bucks but it seems very hard to get them.... its all depends on what happens next i got the Tetris game and mario cart both in my Q... Maybe mario kart be easier to get cause it will be a bigger game.

i did get zelda and bomberman shipped just never got a game since

i did the half off and 36 for 4 months what would pay me though June 15 (feb to june for around 50.......

did get around 9 games so far since feb 15 along with getting mario sonic 2016 game at a keep it price of 16 bucks (where game seems to be worth twice as much)

i doubt i renew i doubt much will come out this summer...

My Switch came today.  I also got this pretty awesome case for it from Amazon.  I really dig that the company took all the earlier reviews (not that there were that many bad reviews) but then redesigned and shipped the case within a MONTH.  Pretty awesome.  Time will tell.  Kid wanted the blue joycons so I got the red ones.  Also put a screen protector which I never do (normally) except on phones.  Currently charging.  I put the 128Gb stick in and Zelda is awaiting... but I'm looking seriously at 1,2 Switch and/or Snipperclips.  Any real feedback?  Seems like EVERYONE is BOTW'ing but not much on those.

And Lego City is a fantastic game (on Wii U).  I genuinely excited to get to play it in a more portable format since my kid hogged the original.

My Switch came today. I also got this pretty awesome case for it from Amazon. I really dig that the company took all the earlier reviews (not that there were that many bad reviews) but then redesigned and shipped the case within a MONTH. Pretty awesome. Time will tell. Kid wanted the blue joycons so I got the red ones. Also put a screen protector which I never do (normally) except on phones. Currently charging. I put the 128Gb stick in and Zelda is awaiting... but I'm looking seriously at 1,2 Switch and/or Snipperclips. Any real feedback? Seems like EVERYONE is BOTW'ing but not much on those.

And Lego City is a fantastic game (on Wii U). I genuinely excited to get to play it in a more portable format since my kid hogged the original.
1-2 Switch is gimmicky garbage, don't waste your money on it. Nintendo should have packed it in with the Switch, but they were greedy.

1-2 Switch is gimmicky garbage, don't waste your money on it. Nintendo should have packed it in with the Switch, but they were greedy.
Watching the videos for that I thought it looked terrible, and I couldn't understand how they where charging full retail for it, as it had pack in written all over it. But along side Wii Sports, or even Nintendo Land, it still looked bad, but at least for "free", it wouldn't have mattered much.

My Switch came today. I also got this pretty awesome case for it from Amazon. I really dig that the company took all the earlier reviews (not that there were that many bad reviews) but then redesigned and shipped the case within a MONTH. Pretty awesome. Time will tell. Kid wanted the blue joycons so I got the red ones. Also put a screen protector which I never do (normally) except on phones. Currently charging. I put the 128Gb stick in and Zelda is awaiting... but I'm looking seriously at 1,2 Switch and/or Snipperclips. Any real feedback? Seems like EVERYONE is BOTW'ing but not much on those.

And Lego City is a fantastic game (on Wii U). I genuinely excited to get to play it in a more portable format since my kid hogged the original.
Snipperclips for sure.

Watching the videos for that I thought it looked terrible, and I couldn't understand how they where charging full retail for it, as it had pack in written all over it. But along side Wii Sports, or even Nintendo Land, it still looked bad, but at least for "free", it wouldn't have mattered much.
Should have been free? sure. That said, I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old who in turn have 4 cousins within that age range as well. Going to their house with the system and playing a pass the controller team match is something that is amazing. I wouldn't get 1-2 switch unless you think you will regularly have the opportunity to play it with kids or friends who have no understanding of videogames but are willing to try something new. Still would wait for a sale unless you are in that situation a lot but I know the kids are going to want to play it every time they get together and that is pretty regularly.

Which case?

Snipperclips with my kids has been a GREAT experience. We've had a lot of fun figuring out the puzzles. The main game is best with 2 players. There are modes also for up to 4 players on the same system though we've not explored past the 2 player puzzles. There is a demo on the eshop though you probably will have to do a search to find it on the store. Download that demo and give it a try. That's what sold me on the game.

Zelda, is exceptionally fantastic. Everyone in my family is taking turns playing through that game and we are playing it old school style where the internet doesn't exist and we actually talk about the things we find. It's made for a really great experience.

I never played Lego City Undercover but I'm tempted to get the Switch version as it has two player co-op. I'm enjoying playing games with my kids. I just want to read some reviews on the Switch version while there is still a Prime discount... if it looks good I'll probably get it even though it'll be shelved for a while.

My kids are also big fans of Voez on the iphone & android... so they coughed up some cash yesterday and we are buying the switch version of that today since it's all the songs and future dlc without the need for always online or the microtransactions for DLC on the phone versions. It's played in tablet mode. I wish Rayark would port over Cytus with all the dlc. That is easily one of my favorite music games of all time and I would buy it at launch without question... even digital only it would be worth it.

Beyond this, there's generally very positive feedback for Blaster Master Zero, I Am Setsuna, and Fast RMX though I've still got way too much to play with Zelda & Sniperclips to even bother with buying more games.

So I got my Switch yesterday. I set it up last night with no problems. I got up this morning, unlocked it, and it's like the thing is possessed. Just randomly scrolls and clicks. Nothing I did will fix it. Works fine when docked but goes bananas when it isn't. I called nintendo and they want me to send it in. Anyone heard of anything like this? I couldn't find anything like that on Google.

Buyer beware, it appears Switch tablets are warping after heavy use. Luckily no fires reported yet but I can smell the lawsuits already. Just a heads up that not only will you need dock socks to prevent scratches, but looks like back braces too.

Buyer beware, it appears Switch tablets are warping after heavy use. Luckily no fires reported yet but I can smell the lawsuits already. Just a heads up that not only will you need dock socks to prevent scratches, but looks like back braces too.
So that picture of one guy's warped Switch got around the Internet more than DealSeeker2U's "wii in the Switch box" AWD switcharoo.

And all 37 websites that reported it just copied and pasted the same reddit comments.

"Switches are warping, ours included"
Blah blah

The Switch definitely has quality control issues.  If some Docks are shipping out warped it's possible some Switch units have small bends as well.

That article said heavy dock use seems to be a contributor.  I only play in handheld mode and haven't noticed any warping on mine.

That dock is pretty wide open for the most part, so unless the heat is dispersing in a rather small area in-between the walls of the dock, I can't see this being a widespread issue. For that tablet to bend from heat, holy ****, it would have to be really hot, and for extended periods. I would think in that kind of heat, you would also see other issues as well, and not just bending.

Out of all the NS issues so far, this will probably be the least reported one, unless there is just some level of poor materials used in general, and then the warping can and will happen to more units over a longer stretch of time. But let's hope that's not the case.

So that picture of one guy's warped Switch got around the Internet more than DealSeeker2U's "wii in the Switch box" AWD switcharoo.

And all 37 websites that reported it just copied and pasted the same reddit comments.

Blah blah
Wait what? Maybe I just skim through the AWD thread since there are few deals now but he had a Wii in his AWD Switch order?

I have had mine since launch and done 100+ hours ZBOTW in docked mode and there is no bending on my NS. I doubt the bending has anything to do with heat.

That dock is pretty wide open for the most part, so unless the heat is dispersing in a rather small area in-between the walls of the dock, I can't see this being a widespread issue. For that tablet to bend from heat, holy ****, it would have to be really hot, and for extended periods. I would think in that kind of heat, you would also see other issues as well, and not just bending.

Out of all the NS issues so far, this will probably be the least reported one, unless there is just some level of poor materials used in general, and then the warping can and will happen to more units over a longer stretch of time. But let's hope that's not the case.
This. I also find it highly unlikely it bent from heat. And this is an isolated incident, at least it seems like one so far, so no need to panic.

Oh but then we could hear, why force us to buy 1-2 Switch would rather have a stand alone console for less. blah blah.

Blah blah
It's an emerging issue from the looks of it, since multiple redditors are starting to post their reports. I'm just the messenger since it was blowing up news sites the last couple days.

bread's done
Back