Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed in some of those warping dock that these idiots have the dock sitting on top or behind other electronics giving off heat. That could be it as well but as long as Nintendo is vigilant about replacing as they have been its no need to worry....as much but it is still a 300 purchase so I get it.

The local Walmart I bought my Switch at almost two weeks ago had a restock of the systems (both versions) last night along with the mixed red/blue joycon sets.

So this might be a really good week to be able to just walk into a store and get a system if you want one without as much hunting.

GameStop in Marlboro NJ had 3 today. I stopped by to look at some 3DS games and someone called and asked. Guy said they had 3. I told him I'd take one of that was true. So now they have 2.

I've done zero hunting and figured I'd get one eventually.'totally don't need one but he why not. Right place right time I guess.

NES Classics are also restocked at Gamestop today. Not posted yet still pulling the data.

Locations are up nearly 900 are in stock now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=1187060138

I can't believe Classic Editions are still hard as heck to come by.  Nintendo must simply not have the mass producing capabilities everyone else in the business employs.

The one thing I am worried about bending/breaking are those fragile feeling Joy-Cons.  I feel like I have to coddle them.  Or that I'm going to split them in 2 when the egg falls in Snipperclips (Thanks for the recommendation, kid and I had a blast with it tonight)

I can't believe Classic Editions are still hard as heck to come by. Nintendo must simply not have the mass producing capabilities everyone else in the business employs.
Not quite, it comes down to production lines and operating costs. It is cheaper for them to maintain a single line producing these rather than open a new line to double production. They still make the same amount off each unit regardless and they're under no obligation to meet demand nor run the risk of overproduction to where they lose more money. It's simply a business move.

However, at this point it could be assumed that materials are the holdup and I have an interesting theory regarding WiiU (tin foil hats on). I surmise that the reason the NESC works well (so well in fact the HOME button is recognized and functions as a reset button) with Wii and WiiU controllers is because once they shut down WiiU they had an abundance of leftover parts, specifically controller ports. Creating the NESC may have been a brilliant business strategy to offload this excess of parts or even cannibalize unsold stock to recoup costs.

This would in part explain the shortage of units at launch because they weren't expecting to support production of these in full but once it became clear there was demand, they began producing them again. It's a stretch but probably some truth to it. If true, we could in part owe the creation of the NESC to the failure of WiiU. ;)

Does anyone who got a Switch at launch actually still play it?
I'm still enjoying Zelda and Snipperclips on mine :) I'm at 90ish hours on Zelda although I am near the end. It should last me until Mario Kart at the end of this month. I enjoy being able to play it outside of my living room.

Gamestop has bundles up for those desperate for a Neon Switch, but this one forces you into Lego City Undercover and Has Been Heroes, which might actually be a worse deal than the previous Gray Switch bundles which included 1-2 Swich and Snipperclips. Lego City has better resale value right now than 1-2 Switch at least which has been sinking lower and lower every day now. I'm glad I found a buyer for the one Gamestop forced on me at $40 on Amazon.

Either way if you have small kids it might not be bad, but I hear Has Been Heroes is awful

Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virigina Gamestops got Switches this morning now. Seems like the east coast will getting them today.

Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virigina Gamestops got Switches this morning now. Seems like the east coast will getting them today.
Thanks Blackbeard, was able to finally get a Switch at Gamestop. Used up a ton of trade credit and saved sales tax. There is a cluster of a few stores in Buffalo that look like they got a restock this morning.

How do I know how many Nes Classic a location has? I want to get one but I don't know if it's worth driving down to multiple stores to snag one.
You don't and I don't either since the way GS pulled the NES Classic from the database I can only find what locations currently show any in stock.

Nintendo Switch Console with Neon Joy-Con Family Friendly Bundle - ships by 4/12/17

B141794Bb.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-joy-con-family-friendly-bundle-ships-by-4-12-17/143269?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=nWAAteHRWjk-HeMhogwYzWuWmPH1YgJ9dA

I'm still enjoying Zelda and Snipperclips on mine :) I'm at 90ish hours on Zelda although I am near the end. It should last me until Mario Kart at the end of this month. I enjoy being able to play it outside of my living room.
If you're 90 hours into Zelda, I highly doubt it'll last you another 22 days to finish it.

I called my local Gamestop and they have quite a few, but will only sell it in a bundle.
Such BS. I get that people will still buy them, but it sucks.
I don't want anything in that bundle that they're selling.
Guess I gotta keep waiting.

I called my local Gamestop and they have quite a few, but will only sell it in a bundle.
They cannot force you to buy a bundle if the Switch is in store. That is just shady GS employees trying to get their numbers up. I would just go in a threaten to call the district manager.

I guess this hasn't been mentioned yet but Best Buy stores are holding all Switches that come in this week and they will be ticketed on Sunday morning. My store currently has 25 being held in the back.

That's really fucked up if they force you to get a bundle. There are no bundles in store, only online. They just want to get their numbers up. Go in the store and ask for a system. If they say you have to get a bundle, stand in place and call GameStop customer service and explain that they won't sell you a product because they want you to buy extra items. They'll quickly drop it and sell it to you.

Gross Gamestop. This is why the few times I go into GameStop I tell them upfront that I don't want a warranty, I don't want to preorder anything and this is all I want. Found that I don't waste 10 minutes of them up selling if I say this before they ask for my pro card. Seems like a dick move but I'm tired of the harassment for crap I don't want.

That's really fucked up if they force you to get a bundle. There are no bundles in store, only online. They just want to get their numbers up. Go in the store and ask for a system. If they say you have to get a bundle, stand in place and call GameStop customer service and explain that they won't sell you a product because they want you to buy extra items. They'll quickly drop it and sell it to you.
I wouldn't recommend doing this at a store you frequent.

They'd probably sell the Switch to someone else, while you wait for customer service to answer the f'in phone.

Employee sold me a Switch with just 1 game, and 4 pre-order deposits on 4 games, at $5 each.

I wouldn't recommend doing this at a store you frequent.

They'd probably sell the Switch to someone else, while you wait for customer service to answer the f'in phone.

Employee sold me a Switch with just 1 game, and 4 pre-order deposits on 4 games, at $5 each.
Wait what? You actually preordered 4 games to buy the system! You need to call corporate now and explain the situation. Don't cancel the orders yet until you get a response from them. Make sure to give the employee name and I.D. which is on the receipt. Also do the survey and explain that you were told that in order to get the cancel you had to preorder games and buy a game which is not what you wanted to do.

I wouldn't recommend calling in the store you frequent either but I doubt your local store that sees you frequently would even try that BS.

These recommendations for calling GS corporate are waste of your cell minutes as well as your personal time. Where do you think this kind of ass backwards business practice comes from?

Gutting games, throwing away cases, switching rewards points over to be cashed out, pushing used games over new, this is all from the top down. Calling corporate may just get those guys a pat on the back, or a bonus for being creative. LOL

Calling corporate anywhere, is only going to get you anywhere when corporate cares, and "power to the players" is about as BS as it gets, and they could care less about any one player, as them pushing a certain amount of sales each month for workers is there only want, and if selling you a bundle is how they get there, that is what the bosses want.

Sometimes we forget our place and that Gamestop is the only reseller allowed.
Unfortunately, the only reason I have to buy it there is because I have roughly $160 worth of trade credit with them.

I don't normally like dealing with them, but it is what it is.

I don't normally do business with Gamestop, but I wanted a Switch and I was sick and tired of waiting, I'm not the wake up at the ass crack of dawn and wait in line kind of dude, and I work during the afternoon and don't always have immediate access to constantly check my email and CAG for the random 10 minutes that one of the online retailers gets them in stock. I just bought the stupid bundle since most of it was stuff I would have bought anyway, and unloaded 1-2 Switch

Walmart is selling console + accessories online.

There's no way to get the darn console alone. For people like me looking to get it from out of the states, that's f'ed up

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Here is an Indiegogo campaign for a longer battery and stand attachment. I remember getting something similar for my OG 3DS from Nyko I think, as the battery "N" supplies are normally ass. This looks pretty good for what it is, but the price is a little high, but anyone who owns an NS currently, value was apparently not a big issue or concern, so this shouldn't be either for what your getting.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/switchcharge-a-battery-case-for-nintendo-switch#/

Walmart is selling console + accessories online.

There's no way to get the darn console alone. For people like me looking to get it from out of the states, that's f'ed up

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk
I mean it sucks, but from a business perspective it makes sense. The Switch launched with only one really desirable game, and a couple of not so desirable ones. Bundles are how stores are trying to unload all these copies of Just Dance, Bomberman, and 1-2 Switch at full price before they're forced to bite the bullet and drop them down to $30, which all of them would almost certainly be by now if stores weren't using them as bait to force people to take in order to get the hot new system.

Wait what? You actually preordered 4 games to buy the system! You need to call corporate now and explain the situation. Don't cancel the orders yet until you get a response from them. Make sure to give the employee name and I.D. which is on the receipt. Also do the survey and explain that you were told that in order to get the cancel you had to preorder games and buy a game which is not what you wanted to do.

I wouldn't recommend calling in the store you frequent either but I doubt your local store that sees you frequently would even try that BS.
Yeah, I put $5 down on four games.
The employees are cool, and said " yeah, I don't agree with it but my DM wants to sell the console with 5 items.

I bought a $20 game that I will be returning.

And the other $20 was already on a pre-order for Mario kart, at that store.
They just switched it around, no pun intended.

Yeah, I put $5 down on four games.
The employees are cool, and said " yeah, I don't agree with it but my DM wants to sell the console with 5 items.

I bought a $20 game that I will be returning.

And the other $20 was already on a pre-order for Mario kart, at that store.
They just switched it around, no pun intended.
Yep. They know expect every new console thats sold (not just the switch) to have AT LEAST 5 other items attached to it. Reserves, GPG, games, PSN/Live, PRP, accessories etc all count.

Its annoying.

That must be why the employee tried to sell em all the accessories and warranties when I was buying my nes classic. 4 or 5 no's and I was out the door

These recommendations for calling GS corporate are waste of your cell minutes as well as your personal time. Where do you think this kind of ass backwards business practice comes from?
Maybe it hasn't worked for you but the few times I called, provide all the information necessary to the issue (date / time of sale, issue and policy, employee names, etc) and treat the person on the other end like someone who is trying to help and not like they are part of the problem, I've gotten the issue resolved.

Long story time.

Everyone here knows I'm a reseller. I don't always buy things to resell though. I'm also a collector (maybe not the extent of most though) so I went to a GameStop that I barely ever go to to preorder some Pokemon 3DS since my local store was out of allocated preorders. I picked up the console but found a better deal for it a week later. I don't need 2 of them so I just decided to return the more expensive one to the store I preordered it from.

The guy who did my preorder and return was not having it though. Again, this is not a store I frequent. Unlike my main store that does know I resell, this one is just a random store using an account I don't buy things on.

So I return the 3DS with my friend who was also returning since we both got in on a deal for it elsewhere. The guy asked us why we are returning and we explain we got it cheaper elsewhere and they don't price match. He first saws he won't return it because we were reselling it and we couldn't which is why we're returning it. Explain to him that that's not the case. We simply got it cheaper elsewhere. He wouldn't budge. I end up showing him on my phone that I got it for 25% off elsewhere. He finally "allowed" a return and said we could only get store credit. We're both like "no" we want our original payment back. He said that's not possible. I ask him why since it was within the return period and their policy is to return my payment in the method it was purchased. He wouldn't answer me so I said I'll call the DM about it. I know that's usually an empty threat but I do know my regions DM and she's a call away. He decided to do the return but not before allowing other customers behind me to go first, saying that I'm scum for "stealing" products from customers and how I'm not a real collector and all this stuff.

Anyways, got the return done but no one should be lied to and treated that way so I get home and decided not to call the DM since the issue can be solved with a call to GameStop CS and doing the review on the receipt. So I did so explaining the situation and providing all the necessary information. I got a call back that evening from corporate saying how sorry they are for the situation and that I'll get a call back about a resolution. I end up getting a call from someone explaining that this is not how GameStop runs their business, etc etc.

I was offered any $60 game for free and asked to come into a store (where the rep was working that evening) to explain it and pick up the game. Went in and the rep again apologized for it while attempting to give me a game. I declined since I don't need another game and didn't really want to punish GameStop for the actions of one employee. He assured me that the employee will be reprimanded for his actions. I thanked them and left.

It was a good gesture but didn't believe they would do anything about that employee. I went back to the store about 2 weeks later just to see if anything changed. Sure enough the employee remembered me and I assumed got some type of punishment. He treated me better than I have at most GameStop's. Made sure to do the XYZ of GameStop to me; offer a preorder, suggest a game I want, show me games on the iPad, offer me a Cricket wireless plan, etc etc. which the last two GameStop don't normally do though its a suggestion that they can do.

I don't want nor try to make the lives of any worker hard since I've worked enough retail jobs to know how it is. But I wasn't going to simply look the other way for that or have this happen to anyone else if I could.

So yeah, it doesn't hurt to call and report a clear problem. I'm sure you guys can take 10 minutes out of your day to fill out a survey and make sure these things aren't repeated just because someone wants their numbers up or wants to be prove something to themselves.

Ok so I got my NES classic in today from best buy, yaaaay.

Problem is most of these don't hold up well. Man.
I can't recommend the "mod" for this enough. I bought one for my son during the holidays, and I was pleasantly surprised he played as much as he did, as most of the games included aren't the best the system had to offer. Many are decent enough, but with only 30 games(most of which suck), and for the asking price, it's just not worth it. Especially when you see how cheap many other classic consoles plug n play devices are priced, and how much more they offer for less.

Once you do that mod, it really becomes a whole new system. When it was first offered, you where limited to about 70-90 games due to the systems memory, but that was pretty good. Not to long ago, zip files became supported and now you can put all the US NES games on there, and still have memory left over. You can also add other system emu's and are no longer limited to what was originally included.

Now for what the system is and can do, I would say $100 is now a fair price for that system, when what was originally offered, I didn't want for $60. So it's much more useful now, then it ever was before.

bread's done
Back