Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recommend the "mod" for this enough. I bought one for my son during the holidays, and I was pleasantly surprised he played as much as he did, as most of the games included aren't the best the system had to offer. Many are decent enough, but with only 30 games(most of which suck), and for the asking price, it's just not worth it. Especially when you see how cheap many other classic consoles plug n play devices are priced, and how much more they offer for less.

Once you do that mod, it really becomes a whole new system. When it was first offered, you where limited to about 70-90 games due to the systems memory, but that was pretty good. Not to long ago, zip files became supported and now you can put all the US NES games on there, and still have memory left over. You can also add other system emu's and are no longer limited to what was originally included.

Now for what the system is and can do, I would say $100 is now a fair price for that system, when what was originally offered, I didn't want for $60. So it's much more useful now, then it ever was before.
Are you talking about illegal roms?

Are you talking about illegal roms?
No where was illegal roms mentioned. I simply stated what was possible for someone if they where so inclined to do so. Any and all games added to the mini should be done under the umbrella of games you already legally own, and are just looking to add ease of use to a device you paid for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah I put the mod on there tonight. It definitely adds value
I guess the delay in restocking wasn't to block the mod, as you got a recent model, and it still works. As I thought, "N" was just way unprepared to meet the demand, which is nothing new and of little surprise.

I agree with ThatOneGuyWho... which is weird because I tend to not like resellers because I tend to be the guy who can't find copies because of resellers.  But I understand they cash in on a "want" and people obviously don't mind giving them money.

BUT...

Gamestop has policies.  When they violate their policies it hurts their brands.  Sometimes it's the DM's.  Most times it's an overzealous manager.  BUT, when something shady goes down (like forcing products etc) that leaves a bad taste.... then the call is warranted.

I miss my old GS up north.  Knew everyone from the DM down.  I have one here the manager is shady as shit so I don't go to that one.  I drive an extra 10-15 minutes to one that has people I like.  THAT Manager sold my pre-order out from underneath me.  And I reported him for it. 

It's bullshit when a company FORCES reps to make preorders.  So I throw them a bone.  But when my product releases, I'd better damned well get my preorder or you've negated the reason for my transaction.  When I can do the same thing at BB at 20% cheaper, why should I continue to throw all that money over them.  

Naperville, IL Meijer had 3 switches as of yesterday afternoon.  1 neon and 2 grey systems.  Good luck for anyone in that area looking for them.

No where was illegal roms mentioned. I simply stated what was possible for someone if they where so inclined to do so. Any and all games added to the mini should be done under the umbrella of games you already legally own, and are just looking to add ease of use to a device you paid for. Nothing more, nothing less.
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.

tldr: unless you are the one making a backup of an original game you own (which is nearly impossible since such hardware to do so is illegal), it is illegal to download a rom even if you own the game.

Hutzdumpster-ill-have-you-know-the-contents-of-that-dumpster-are-private-21.jpg

tldr: unless you are the one making a backup of an original game you own (which is nearly impossible since such hardware to do so is illegal), it is illegal to download a rom even if you own the game.
Nintendo would obviously think so. ROMs are useful for more than piracy, however. It turns out that most companies see their software as a means to profit and nothing more, so preservation of their precious intellectual property falls by the wayside when it no longer serves that purpose. That's when ROMs and the people who are willing to hold on to them, illegally or not, come in to save the day: https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5p50pw/did_nintendo_download_a_mario_rom_and_sell_it/

Jesus, why did this thread derail into finger shaking people for downloading roms? More than half of the NES and SNES library now is abandonware to which the companies that owned the rights to them have long gone out of business. Find a different high horse to climb on.

Picked up a Switch (Grey) from my local Gamestop--in Monterey County, CA. Seems like many of the stores received 3-5 units. The managers at my two stores (which are just across the street from one another) are pretty good about not shoving shit down our throats. One is just a bit condescending / elitist when it comes to game choices, but whatever.

Have Zelda on Wii U, so what is the only game I have for my Switch? Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, of course. I've been a fan of the series since the original, and I was waiting to burn my GS credit so I can play the latest Isaac on a portable.

I just had the oddest experience with the GameStop in my area.  I went to several of them, and all of them said no they don't have them, but I can order the bundle online through them and be guaranteed a system.  Something I might have considered, but I am going on a long road trip next week and I wanted this to keep my kids occupied during the drive (the system is way cheaper than plane tickets during April vacation).  So I thought I struck out, and then my wife calls and says they have them at the Gamestop down the street from us, and she is going to go pick it up... to which I reply, huh?  I was just there and they said they didn't have them.  At that point I just assumed they must have got the shipment right after I left or something.  

When she got there though, the manager said they didn't have any... so she talked to the non-manager, who she talked to on the phone (who said he wasn't suppose to say if they had them when people called, so she talked to him privately).   I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but he said they were not allowed to sell it now in an attempt to boost sales by getting online orders through the store.  

In the end, she did end up getting the system after arguing and agreeing to put 5 dollars down on a Mario Kart pre-order.  I am thankful to the kid who helped her but the behavior of management is why I won't be shopping there anytime soon.  I mean, you have to at least try to make it look like you are putting the customer first and not blatantly trying to screw them.  Sorry ... long rant.

Was able to get my Switch today as well. Went to a store near my work at lunch and they had 3. Hadn't come up on the spreadsheet yet, I think they just came in as the box with the Pro controllers hadn't been emptied yet. The associate was super friendly and sold me one and Zelda and a pro controller.

Ran some errands including going to my store near my home to pick up the case I preordered back with the 50% trade in boost and sure enough they had 4 behind the counter as well.

Been a good week for me for luck with GS with the switch, a NES classic, and the WoW 60 day cards. Positive customer feedback for everyone!

Jesus, why did this thread derail into finger shaking people for downloading roms? More than half of the NES and SNES library now is abandonware to which the companies that owned the rights to them have long gone out of business. Find a different high horse to climb on.
Ok so if the builder of your house died years ago I can come live there now?

Uh?

What does the builder of his house have to do with a company no longer caring about a game where there is ZERO chance of it ever being released, or sold again for profit, to a builder dying, and moving in to a home that is currently occupied?

I'm all for healthy debates, but damn, lets all at least get on the same page before we begin. LOL

Picked up a Switch (Grey) from my local Gamestop--in Monterey County, CA. Seems like many of the stores received 3-5 units. The managers at my two stores (which are just across the street from one another) are pretty good about not shoving shit down our throats. One is just a bit condescending / elitist when it comes to game choices, but whatever.

Have Zelda on Wii U, so what is the only game I have for my Switch? Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, of course. I've been a fan of the series since the original, and I was waiting to burn my GS credit so I can play the latest Isaac on a portable.
Isaac is amaaaazing on Switch. Natural home if you ask me.

Uh?

What does the builder of his house have to do with a company no longer caring about a game where there is ZERO chance of it ever being released, or sold again for profit, to a builder dying, and moving in to a home that is currently occupied?

I'm all for healthy debates, but damn, lets all at least get on the same page before we begin. LOL
It's called an analogy. If you don't know what that means you're in the wrong book, let alone same page.

If you think there's a justification to downloading any published rom off the Internet, there's not. No rom, no matter how rare and obscure, is legal to download unless it was released as shareware by the original publisher. Just because "no one cares" or it "won't ever be re-released" doesn't make it legal to steal.

But whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

It's called an analogy. If you don't know what that means you're in the wrong book, let alone same page.

If you think there's a justification to downloading any published rom off the Internet, there's not. No rom, no matter how rare and obscure, is legal to download unless it was released as shareware by the original publisher. Just because "no one cares" or it "won't ever be re-released" doesn't make it legal to steal.

No one cares.

I sleep at night just fine, as once again, I NEVER mentioned downloading or stealing anything and even if I didn't have a problem with doing that(which I personally don't), I would never promote or mention it here. And for the record, your analogy SUCKED!

You gotta learn to pick your fights dude. NES .roms ain't one of them.

I sleep at night just fine, as once again, I NEVER mentioned downloading or stealing anything and even if I didn't have a problem with doing that(which I personally don't), I would never promote or mention it here. And for the record, your analogy SUCKED!
Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's flawed. Let me explain for you:

Someone building a home is like a software company designing a game.

The builder dies, but a bank or current owner has the title, much like a publisher or Nintendo would own rights to an IP.

Just because the home is empty or the game is not being sold doesn't mean it can be taken without purchase.

Analogy, google it.

You don't care, we're not on the same page, etc., etc., but you're still arguing.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's flawed. Let me explain for you:

Someone building a home is like a software company designing a game.

The builder dies, but a bank or current owner has the title, much like a publisher or Nintendo would own rights to an IP.

Just because the home is empty or the game is not being sold doesn't mean it can be taken without purchase.

Analogy, google it.

You don't care, we're not on the same page, etc., etc., but you're still arguing.
Well first off, a contractor who builds a home owns NOTHING, as they sale the home once it is complete. There are no "rights" in place to the contractor, in the same way Toyota has nothing to do with their cars once the leave the dealership lot. If you want to change the engine, tires, or color, it's your right to do so. The same way a person in a home can paint it, add on, or anything else, once they own it. If someone buys a game, they can not change the game legally, or sale it for profit, which is two entirely different things to your point.

What happens if the person in question bought the home outright, does he now not own it? An IP has nothing to do with physical ownership of a material possession. In your equation, the AC manufacturer could come in and take his unit back, as well as the rug company, and anyone else. Once you legally have a loan for a home, it is yours until your loan is done, or you stop making payments.

So let's look at the bank in this equation, someone is making payments to them and are under contract to pay for the home in 15, 30 years etc, how does that then allow you to move in? What the fuck does that have to do with game licensing or anything else rom related?

How does a game like Super Mario Bros fit in this equation? If I'm paying "N" years for a game, your damn right I own it, and I'll do what I want with it again and again. But no one is making payments for games, and if someone leaves a home abandoned, and some one moves in, the only person who has standing is the legal owner, and if they don't have a problem, there is no problem. So if a company is out of business, and no longer cares for their IP, it is their argument to make in regards to someone stealing.

No one is buying games, are paying a loan to a bank in your rom analogy, it was just a poorly made point and nothing more. And to answer the question, I wasn't still arguing, as I had no stake in this matter one way or the other, I was just pointing out your poor analogy, which I have now shown in even greater detail.

lol never mind.

So about those trade-in bundles from Gamestop? $200 bucks they'll order it for you in store. Of course you get a bunch of vouchers instead of physical copies.

I was referring to ROMs on different sites. If I could buy them digitally, I would. Call it what you want but most people don't care. If you think Nintendo gives a hoot you're wrong, if that were the case they'd actively make it to where you couldn't put any kind of homebrew on the 3DS or Wii U and for years now you've been able to pirate Nintendo games easier than any other system.

You're retarded. Sale is a noun and sell is a verb. No tenses involved. Don't try to get wax intellectual if you don't know the difference.
"They sale the house" was wrong, "the sale of the house" would be the use of sale as a noun. Thanks for trying.

"They sale the house" was wrong, "the sale of the house" would be the use of sale as a noun. Thanks for trying.
Sale, sail, cell, sell, WTF does it matter? In the context of the sentence, anyone here knows what it means.

That still doesn't change your moot argument, or analogy as you put it in regards to moving in to someones home and comparing that to downloading or ownership of a game rom. Two very different subject matters.

I was waiting for him to come back and try to keep going... But I'll go ahead and bust him some knowledge:
What he was trying to argue was a complete subject of a sentence fragment. The very next word after his subject would have been his TO BE verb (am,is,are,was,were, etc.) to create the predicate of his sentence to make it complete. Some people just like to talk shit and argue and keep going... Anyway, Chrislaustin, I was helping you out cause I think some of your posts are funny/cool/informative/(insert more positive adjectives here). Keep up the good work!

BTW... I have an English Master's and I am an Editor for a major publication, so when it comes to grammar... don't argue. Just listen. 😉

Sale, sail, cell, sell, WTF does it matter? In the context of the sentence, anyone here knows what it means.

That still doesn't change your moot argument, or analogy as you put it in regards to moving in to someones home and comparing that to downloading or ownership of a game rom. Two very different subject matters.
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing it up then.

[quote name="justadude" post="13685005" timestamp="1491619722"]

It was a noun he used as a verb, wax boy.[/quote]

[quote name="justadude" post="13684978" timestamp="1491617323"]
Past tense of sale is sell. Once I saw that I stopped reading. But I'm sure you put a lot more effort into this post![/quote

You DO realized that this is what you said, right? Just because you tried to ninja edit... Nah, nevermind. My conclusion is that you're still retarded. Cheers!

No, because the builder of my house doesn't own it, I do. If I die and my house is abandoned for 20 years, then knock yourself out, but your analogy is not even close to apt otherwise.

No, because the builder of my house doesn't own it, I do. If I die and my house is abandoned for 20 years, then knock yourself out, but your analogy is not even close to apt otherwise.
You only think you own it, there is no spoon.

I've yet to see any NS's on store shelves here in Vegas, but I can't really say I've really been looking, but anytime I go to Walmart or GS I take a look. I rarely if ever go to Target or BB anymore, so they may have had some as well over the last few weeks.

Once I do see some at the stores I frequent, I'll know they are everywhere at that point, and over the last week here on CAG, I've seen more and more users reporting seeing them in stores, so stock seems to improving, but "N" is probably also reaching the limits of the early adoption crowd, so sales in general are probably slowing as well.

Last night I actually had my longest Zelda play session yet(a few hours), and the whole time I was engaged, so it's for sure improving for me. Just at a slow pace, but with the scope and size of the game, I can't really say that's a bad thing.

Last night I actually had my longest Zelda play session yet(a few hours), and the whole time I was engaged, so it's for sure improving for me. Just at a slow pace, but with the scope and size of the game, I can't really say that's a bad thing.
See I feel the opposite. Since I bought it I've gotten off the plateau, got a horse, and went running off into the wilderness. I'm now on some island with one of them cave/delve things entirely too strong for me but I'm stubborn enough to make it work. BUT, I don't play more than an hour or two before I look elsewhere. I've actually been fighting the boredom with ME:A in between stints. So when does it get better?

bread's done
Back