Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the input lag on these compared to the original NES?
It's perfect with wired and very good with wireless. I really cannot recommend the Buffalo SNES controller enough. I've used the WiiU Pro controller and it worked well, but I did feel a minor bit of lag. It might have just been me not being as good at old games as I was in the past though.

On the NES Classic it is perfect, no lag at all.

This is turning into another NES Classic thread apparently. People are complaining about it, along with Nintendo here and the other two NES Classic threads LOL.

It looks like Target at least is getting some units this week. I saw some yesterday. This thread may not be needed anymore by the end of the week as it appears to be available more frequently.
You won't find me complaining about either one! I love both the Classic and the Switch. I've seen a few Switches in store around here, the scarcity is getting better and we are barely over a month into the life cycle. The other day when Best Buy restocked, they had six up at the returns counter (all grey, of course) at the end of the day when I was picking up a movie for my wife. I've seen them here and there at other stores, and I haven't even been trying to find one since we got one on release. I can't believe it is THAT hard to find them these days if you are paying attention.

The NES Classic I've never seen in a store, ever. And I have looked alot, I have a friend that wants one and asked me to help him find it. I got lucky at Walmart online that week they put them up every day at 5pm. I just wish they would make some more of the controllers, if I did find one I'd almost be tempted to get it just to pull out the controller then sell the unit! :)

Hey look the 3DS isn't going anywhere.  Guess some people here were WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Wow 3DS is still getting big games!
Most of those games have been known for awhile, but they did throw some new Kirby games in, but them not showing the one title tells me it's a chance it won't see a 3DS release at all. E3 will be the true litmus test on how much support is left from "N", but the current release schedule for the rest of 2017 is still pretty sparse overall.

Who's getting the yellow Joy-Cons?

IMG_2477.jpg

placeholder here- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYM3LBP

The battery pack uses AA's.

Nintendo please.
I may be in the minority, but I personally prefer standard batteries, over the built in charging ones. If a controller dies, I can throw some batteries in, and continue wire free.

The standard option is to plug in while playing, or just end for the day, and plug in overnight, or whatever. I have regular rechargeable batteries, so I always buy devices that use standard batteries VS. special ones, as I can continue playing without any special requirements.

EDIT: Then if I'm traveling, or out and about, I just bring some already charged batteries with me, and the game continues in that situation as well. All my early MP3 players used standard batteries, so that way I could change them and continue the music any place anytime. I don't even think they offer that option anymore, but I guess with those charger packs, it's not a big deal, but those can be cumbersome to, so I prefer standard batteries when at all possible.

Amazon Prime Now has had the good old Switch in stock for about a day and a half solid. I believe flippers are going to have to find another way to pay the mortgage.

Flippers never targeted the Switch to begin with. At most it was selling $20 above retail after a few days from what I was seeing in here.

I was in a BB yesterday and happened to ask an employee in the electronics area about the NES Classic. He said they hadn't seen them since January, but also said they had Switches in stock if I wanted one (which I don't).

Amazon Prime Now has had the good old Switch in stock for about a day and a half solid. I believe flippers are going to have to find another way to pay the mortgage.
Just curious, where did people get the idea that flippers actually rely on flipping in order to pay mortgage lol? From what I've seen, vast majority of people do it only because it's easy way of making extra cash but not required to actually survive as they have good jobs as well. I will admit, despite having a six figure job, I occasionally flip items from time to time. Why??? It's called I'm married and wife won't exactly be happy if you spend too much on video games and collectibles. But if that money is from extra cash I've made on the side, she can care less. The money I make from my actual job goes to my mortgage, car, kids daycare, and other essentials etc..., also the other thing I see often that made me lol is the assumption that all flippers are fat neckbeards. I've seen people from clean cut good looking men to hot looking soccer moms who bought things just to flip. Had a friend who bought a Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo from a flipper whose a hot soccer mom. She had like 4 more to sell after that.

Just curious, where did people get the idea that flippers actually rely on flipping in order to pay mortgage lol? From what I've seen, vast majority of people do it only because it's easy way of making extra cash but not required to actually survive as they have good jobs as well. I will admit, despite having a six figure job, I occasionally flip items from time to time. Why??? It's called I'm married and wife won't exactly be happy if you spend too much on video games and collectibles. But if that money is from extra cash I've made on the side, she can care less. The money I make from my actual job goes to my mortgage, car, kids daycare, and other essentials etc...
No need to get defensive. I flip, too, but it's a given that you're part of the problem, not the solution.

No need to get defensive. I flip, too, but it's a given that you're part of the problem, not the solution.
It actually goes both ways, yes you can say flippers are part of the problem. On the other hand. Some people who wine that they can't get this or that item due to flippers also barely put in any effort for the item. I work 50+ hours a week for my job, yet I've never had trouble missing out on getting any of these rare items for msrp. I've also never flipped any switch but certainly had plenty of opportunity to buy extras to flip if I wanted to. So I don't know why people are having such a tough time with this. All you need is a little patience and put in a little search effort to get a switch. It's not even an item that needs to be bought from scalpers imo.

It actually goes both ways, yes you can say flippers are part of the problem. On the other hand. Some people who wine that they can't get this or that item due to flippers also barely put in any effort for the item. I work 50+ hours a week for my job, yet I've never had trouble missing out on getting any of these rare items for msrp. I've also never flipped any switch but certainly had plenty of opportunity to buy extras to flip if I wanted to. So I don't know why people are having such a tough time with this. All you need is a little patience and put in a little search effort to get a switch. It's not even an item that needs to be bought from scalpers imo.
I managed to get a Switch a little after launch as well, but come on, we're talking toys and consumer goods here. The problem is that if you have to do "work" to get this stuff that's the issue in the first place. Scalpers/flippers and, by extension, the people who are willing to pay them, are definitely not the good guys here. So you can understand if people have some animosity and disdain towards these folks, especially ones here on CAG of all places. We're not even talking deals here, with the Switch, it's MSRP and above. Obviously there is the contingent that sees these flaps as opportunity to extend their own savings and even profits, but come on.

I managed to get a Switch a little after launch as well, but come on, we're talking toys and consumer goods here. The problem is that if you have to do "work" to get this stuff that's the issue in the first place. Scalpers/flippers and, by extension, the people who are willing to pay them, are definitely not the good guys here. So you can understand if people have some animosity and disdain towards these folks, especially ones here on CAG of all places. We're not even talking deals here, with the Switch, it's MSRP and above. Obviously there is the contingent that sees these flaps as opportunity to extend their own savings and even profits, but come on.
Yes you make a good point.

Yeah...uh I was kinda kidding about the mortgage thing...

It will be interesting to see over the next several months how the system sales with the initial demand has settled down.

Except not everyone who wants one has one yet. I haven't been able to find any in MA where I live, and in Western NC where I've been working for the last 10 days. Called like 8 stores last night, including some in SC, and had no luck

Except not everyone who wants one has one yet. I haven't been able to find any in MA where I live, and in Western NC where I've been working for the last 10 days. Called like 8 stores last night, including some in SC, and had no luck

Use the nowinstock website or istocknow website. You'll get pretty up to date information. And read the comments section often.

Use the nowinstock website or istocknow website. You'll get pretty up to date information. And read the comments section often.
I was using Istocknow, but it didn't seem to accurate. Driving back up to MA from NC today into tomorrow so hoping to find one en route

I know a lot of people holding out for in this order 1) Mario, 2) Some special edition hardware, and/or 3) Some revised hardware.

We already know 1 is happening and it's Nintendo so 2 and 3 are just a matter of time. 

I know a lot of people holding out for in this order 1) Mario, 2) Some special edition hardware, and/or 3) Some revised hardware.
We already know 1 is happening and it's Nintendo so 2 and 3 are just a matter of time.
I know I am personally holding out for a pack-in bundle.

Grey Switch up on Walmart right now

Use the phone app so you can just get the console w/out the bundle.

Checked brickseek at a local Walmart and it said 4 in stock, was in there today anyways for something else

fast picture upload

First time I've seen them in stock in person. Didn't buy because it's Nintendo and they're bound to release a bundle soon.

After over an hour later brickseek shows 4 still so maybe the craze is cooling off. This was a super busy store too.

Am I silly for hoping there will be some special/limited edition system released this year? That's what I'm waiting for. Almost all of my newer systems are special/limited edition.

Am I silly for hoping there will be some special/limited edition system released this year? That's what I'm waiting for. Almost all of my newer systems are special/limited edition.
Where NoA is concerned, anything is possible. Bundles, especially where they include a digital download are always good for them, but what kind you may see this year, and what might be included is anyone's guess.

While I'm currently not in the market for the NS, I'm very much looking forward to the potential LE bundles that will be released every place but the US in the future, as I can now tell NoA to go fuck themselves, as importing will be the order of the day. The N3DS had several units I wanted, but could never get due to region locking.

Nintendo really didn't come up with a lot of limited edition for their home consoles... I can only think of the red Wii and the Zelda Edition of the Wii U that they've released as a special editions. As far as the handhelds (GB, 3DS, etc), they milked the hell out of them with countless special editions. I guess my point is if they count this as a home console, then I don't think they will be releasing as many LE versions... but if they consider this as a handheld, then prepare for a barrage of special editions.

At least a pack-in game and I'm sure a revision sooner or later. Maybe a Mario Galaxy special edition?

Nintendo really didn't come up with a lot of limited edition for their home consoles... I can only think of the red Wii and the Zelda Edition of the Wii U that they've released as a special editions. As far as the handhelds (GB, 3DS, etc), they milked the hell out of them with countless special editions. I guess my point is if they count this as a home console, then I don't think they will be releasing as many LE versions... but if they consider this as a handheld, then prepare for a barrage of special editions.
They'll probably split the difference: the core tablet will remain identical but expect a slew of special edition joy-cons. Neon yellow to coincide with Arms is just the beginning I'm sure.

Talking about special editions and limited runs, does anyone else think that the first print of Binding of Isaac will be worth more than the asking price in the future? All my local GameStop and Toys R Us have sold out, but the closest Best Buy has 9 copies on shelf. I never played the game but I bought it just so I won't regret not buying it in the future 😂

Talking about special editions and limited runs, does anyone else think that the first print of Binding of Isaac will be worth more than the asking price in the future? All my local GameStop and Toys R Us have sold out, but the closest Best Buy has 9 copies on shelf. I never played the game but I bought it just so I won't regret not buying it in the future
Of course not. It's a 6 year old game that nobody is still talking about, aside from Switch newcomers who never played the game, and are starving for content.

Talking about special editions and limited runs, does anyone else think that the first print of Binding of Isaac will be worth more than the asking price in the future? All my local GameStop and Toys R Us have sold out, but the closest Best Buy has 9 copies on shelf. I never played the game but I bought it just so I won't regret not buying it in the future
You mean for some stickers and a manual?

Idiots are born every minute who feel the need to own it.

The fact that two local Walmarts had the Switch in stock for two days, and one store still has 3 of the 8 I saw Saturday, in an area where they haven't been in stock since release date; shows me the hype has seriously died down.

bread's done
Back