Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how much space Lego City undercover takes on the system? I was planning to buy the cartridge but there were rumors prior to release about needing a lot of space to install.
It was a misprint on the case. If digital it's like a few gigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was finally able to snag a Switch from Wal-Mart. Was last one available within a 30 mile radius. I checked brickwork and it showed store I went too had 6 and by time I got there they had 1 left and all the stores around me had sold all theirs so I got lucky. I'm obviously gonna get Zelda and MK8 next week when it comes out. Are there any other games out worth getting atm? And what accessories do you guys consider must haves? Is Zelda playable with just the joycons in the grip or do I pretty much need a pro controller.
You can play with the grip no problems.

Do not judge the Walmart bottom feeders. They deal with the bottom rung of human society all day every day. This is in addition to being treated like disposable, replaceable trash by corporate with expectations of running on an increasingly skimpy skeleton crew. Anyone in this position given enough time will reach a point were they just don't give a fuck.
Not my problem. I didn't tell them to become a bottom feeder.

Of course. But then again, it ain't their problem if you don't get a NES Classic edition because they fail to see the use in going above and beyond to check something for customers. Their employer won't reward them for it and will still pay them shit and treat them like shit. Complaining about only getting the minimum out of employees that are only given the minimum is useless.

Lol you are the exact reason this country has gone to complete and utter shot with your millinalistic I want everyone and everything spoon fed to me and I'm entitled to everything when I don't work for it thinking. News Flash you are no better then the person who works at Wal-Mart or Target or any of the other multitude of big box stores. Just because someone works at these places does not mean they didn't or are not going to college. I have a bachelors degree yet I am a manager at a big box store because unfortunately when the economy goes to shit and you get laid off you have to then turn to what it takes to survive. See people have families and responsibilities to take care of and actually work for it insted of insisting that they are entitled to something that they are not. So take your millinalistic attitude and fuck off because your better then no one.

Triggered.
5133817-5131705-9394003567-tumbl.gif

Just went to target at lunch and saw 10 total out on the shelves. Still holding off on getting one until Xmas, Mario odyssey comes out

I am also among those who saw some in stock today, the first time I've seen a Live switch on a shelf. It was at walmart and they also had a bunch of pro controllers. I was tempted, but refrained since I have Zelda for Wii U

I have still not seen one live at Best Buy target or Walmart. I haven't really been looking but I glance around when I'm in and out of the store. I have seen them pop up on Prime Now pretty often though.

Theorizing that by Memorial Day they will be easily available. Not 100% in stock everywhere but definitely a good chance if you want one you'll find one.

Well, saw my first Switch today at Walmart, and it was the neon unit as well. It was at the Centennial Hills location in North West Las Vegas if anyone is interested. They had a bunch of Pro controllers and other accessories as well. The box was pretty small, so I'm guessing the NS will appear smaller to me as well, once I get to see that in person. 

I'm still debating if I should sale my sons Classic and get him the NS instead, as that would open the door up for more games come the holidays. As I already told him it will be the NS and one game maybe due to the cost, so if he's willing to sale his Classic for the NS, that would be the better option overall I'm sure.

I can also put those NES games on the Wii or U for him, so it's not like he can no longer play them if he wants(not like he was anyways).

Well, saw my first Switch today at Walmart, and it was the neon unit as well. It was at the Centennial Hills location in North West Las Vegas if anyone is interested. They had a bunch of Pro controllers and other accessories as well. The box was pretty small, so I'm guessing the NS will appear smaller to me as well, once I get to see that in person.

I'm still debating if I should sale my sons Classic and get him the NS instead, as that would open the door up for more games come the holidays. As I already told him it will be the NS and one game maybe due to the cost, so if he's willing to sale his Classic for the NS, that would be the better option overall I'm sure.

I can also put those NES games on the Wii or U for him, so it's not like he can no longer play them if he wants(not like he was anyways).
Yes the Switch is a lot smaller in person, first thing I thought when I opened it up.

Not to grammer nazi you but sale is a noun not a verb.

http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2009/09/10/grammar-101-sale-and-sell/

IDK, if I had the choice of hundreds of classic games or a console with no future: I'd think the choice was easy.
While I was skeptic at the Switch at first as well I really don't see you can sit and say the system has no future. It pretty much sells out the moment it cones in stock. And yes we all realize that it basically has no games right now but oh how quickly people forget about how small and horrible Ps4 and XB1s launch games were for the first year plus.

While I was skeptic at the Switch at first as well I really don't see you can sit and say the system has no future. It pretty much sells out the moment it cones in stock. And yes we all realize that it basically has no games right now but oh how quickly people forget about how small and horrible Ps4 and XB1s launch games were for the first year plus.
Right, but we could already count on support from games like Dark Souls, FFXV, Wticher 3, MGSV, Tomb Raider, Batman, Dishonored, RE7, and countless 3rd party games to stop-gap between Uncharted, Horizon, The Last Guardian and so on. Even if Switch got half of those as ports, they would be drastically watered down or require internet connection to play (defeating the purpose of mobility outside the house). You can't sit there and say Nintendo has turned things around, because they haven't.

If they had really wanted to Switch things up, being relevant with gamers (not just devoted fans) again would be a good start.

IDK, if I had the choice of hundreds of classic games or a console with no future: I'd think the choice was easy.
Honestly, I never would have even considered the mini for myself unless it would have been $30 or under, as I personally didn't see the value at $60. Even now being able to upgrade it which is awesome, and I do find a better value currently, I still have all those games and then some across many devices, so unless I could have got it for $20 at some point, I probably never would have gotten one no matter how many games I can now put on it.

I do agree currently, it is a better choice over the NS, but for my son, he used it about as much as I thought he would, as those 8-Bit games are a problem for him graphically, so I'm sure given the choice, he would opt to get rid of the mini for an NS, no question. Just having 1 or 2 NS games, would get more use than hundreds of old ones. So I may look in to it for him, as it's just sitting here collecting dust, and we have the original controller, and two of the wireless ones, as well as an extender, plus the mod, It should get a good price.

Yeah, all new systems have a slow start, as games take time, but I knew with no question, MS and Sony would have 3rd party support. The NS will be the same as the Wii U, as it will have first part, some indies, and the occasional port of 360/PS3 level games.

I don't see this getting anywhere near the support the 3DS got, as the price is to high, and with their "home console" you can take on the go, it's just not going to get console level games, as it's under powered, but to get handheld titles, it's over priced. I think it will have a slightly better run than the Vita did, as it will get about the same level of games from 3rd parties if their lucky, but it won't have any AAA titles unless they are coming from "N", or just happen to be really well made indies.

It really is overpriced when you consider things that are basically mandatory like a pro controller, bigger memory card, controller charger etc. all add to the total cost of ownership.  At least with say something like the PS4 you get a game, significantly larger hard drive, a controller that's good enough as is and has a port to charge it baked right into the device.  You have to pay for that perk on the Switch.

Buying any hardware at launch is stupid, but buying a bone or PS4 wasn't a gamble like it is with the Switch. You at least know you're getting ports and third parties.

Buying any hardware at launch is stupid, but buying a bone or PS4 wasn't a gamble like it is with the Switch. You at least know you're getting ports and third parties.

Honestly, I never would have even considered the mini for myself unless it would have been $30 or under, as I personally didn't see the value at $60. Even now being able to upgrade it which is awesome, and I do find a better value currently, I still have all those games and then some across many devices, so unless I could have got it for $20 at some point, I probably never would have gotten one no matter how many games I can now put on it.

I do agree currently, it is a better choice over the NS, but for my son, he used it about as much as I thought he would, as those 8-Bit games are a problem for him graphically, so I'm sure given the choice, he would opt to get rid of the mini for an NS, no question. Just having 1 or 2 NS games, would get more use than hundreds of old ones. So I may look in to it for him, as it's just sitting here collecting dust, and we have the original controller, and two of the wireless ones, as well as an extender, plus the mod, It should get a good price.

Yeah, all new systems have a slow start, as games take time, but I knew with no question, MS and Sony would have 3rd party support. The NS will be the same as the Wii U, as it will have first part, some indies, and the occasional port of 360/PS3 level games.

I don't see this getting anywhere near the support the 3DS got, as the price is to high, and with their "home console" you can take on the go, it's just not going to get console level games, as it's under powered, but to get handheld titles, it's over priced. I think it will have a slightly better run than the Vita did, as it will get about the same level of games from 3rd parties if their lucky, but it won't have any AAA titles unless they are coming from "N", or just happen to be really well made indies.
I think this has a bigger appeal then the 3ds and I think it already has more 3rd parties coming out saying that they are gonna make games for it or support it then the Wii U ever did, and if it continues to sell like it has been(of which I think it will) 3rd party developers will have no reason as why to not support the Switch, While I dont think it will garner the support the PS4 or XB1 gets i think it will be decent

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, the anti-Nintendo League is still up to their shit. My god, it's been fucking months now. Has this been constant this whole time? For fuck's sake, go play a god damn video game already and just drop it. This is a hell of a lot of effort for a company you people claim you don't care about.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, the anti-Nintendo League is still up to their shit. My god, it's been fucking months now. Has this been constant this whole time? For fuck's sake, go play a god damn video game already and just drop it. This is a hell of a lot of effort for a company you people claim you don't care about.
Thanks for the thread bump, bro.

As shit as the Switch is, I just hate that this dumbass thread is here every single day. Can I start a thread for anything that might be stock for MSRP somewhere, too?

I think this has a bigger appeal then the 3ds and I think it already has more 3rd parties coming out saying that they are gonna make games for it or support it then the Wii U ever did, and if it continues to sell like it has been(of which I think it will) 3rd party developers will have no reason as why to not support the Switch, While I dont think it will garner the support the PS4 or XB1 gets i think it will be decent
If the price is right, I completely agree it "could" have a bigger appeal than the 3DS, but as is, I personally don't think it will as it's currently priced. Most 3rd party things announced so far are just pretty much upgraded ports of past console, or mobile titles, and many games are available elsewhere and for cheaper. Here's a good video from about a month ago detailing the 3rd party support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6q96pkpLFI

The Wii U had a similar list of 3rd parties at launch, only to have most developers who pledge support, only drop it after titles where released, as they didn't perform to expectations. As long as NS games make guys money, there will be support, if titles suffer like the Wii U games did, there won't be much. It's to early to tell either way, but it will be interesting to watch, no question.

The 3DS pretty much got a good portion of the DS support(but even the 3DS sold way less than the DS did), as it was still a pretty under powered handheld, that was cheap to make games for. The NS while not at PS4 levels, is way more than most handheld developers have had to deal with, so to get games that truly use the systems potential, way more money will have to be spent, which in turn will need a bigger return to make it worth their time.

I see a friendly discussion about the NS, and different opinions on the subject. I don't see anyone rallying against the machine, and if they are, their given points on why they believe what they do. That is what happens in a "open" forum. If you want a "N" love fest, open a thread, and password lock it and keep those out you don't want to post, otherwise people will continue to give their thoughts, and your post will only go to open up arguments to the contrary.

Why aren't you off playing your NS, as this is a thread to buy the system, and not for game deals, so you should already have it, and be playing, so why would you even be here? The question works both ways. I currently own a N3DS which I play most days, as well as a Wii U I recently bought that I'm playing Zelda on currently as well. If Zelda was currently being discussed, I would be talking about that, and probably in the positive, as I'm currently enjoying the game, but there are also some issues, which I would discuss as well.

Is now the time to point out that NIN is notoriously bad at product launches? Like, hilariously fail.

We already forgetting crappy launches/gambles of hardware past. How'd that $700 PS3 go for them? Took a LONG time to recover on that one. PS4 was a gamble for the exact same reason. Except, that they made those hilarious videos because XBO tripped all over themselves at THEIR launch. It's ALWAYS a gamble. That's the issue with launches. And then come a couple months down the line and they release "new" hardware to "refresh".

That being said, I like the Switch. It has some great functionality. Now I'm just waiting for more games. But as all my other systems are currently stocked to the brim it's less noticeable. If Switch was my only system, I wouldn't have bit at launch. Nintendo's dry spells for games is a time-honored tradition at this point.

I really don't see the concern over third party support for the switch. At the end of the day I'm sure that 95% of people here have a PS4 or Xbox to play these titles on. For my switch, I just want an abundance of first party titles and I will play everything else on my PS4.

It really is overpriced when you consider things that are basically mandatory like a pro controller, bigger memory card, controller charger etc. all add to the total cost of ownership. At least with say something like the PS4 you get a game, significantly larger hard drive, a controller that's good enough as is and has a port to charge it baked right into the device. You have to pay for that perk on the Switch.
None of these are mandatory and I've owned and used my Switch from day 1. The only accessories I've bought are screen protectors and a carrying case.

None of these are mandatory and I've owned and used my Switch from day 1. The only accessories I've bought are screen protectors and a carrying case.
Same here (minus I bought a 128 card when it was sub-$30 on sale; and day 1 for me was a few weeks after launch :p). I did eventually buy the other colored controllers so I could match my controller, but that's a personal nit-pick. I play Zelda handheld WAY more than on my TV.

Why is it when people discuss the future of Nintendo's products, some diehard fans get extremely upset and lash out? Do you feel personally insulted that a company making a product you like is criticized?

The discussions about the Switch's future are indeed relevant. The Wii U bombed hard because Nintendo failed to deliver a piece of gaming hardware that appealed to the majority of the gaming community. They built that system around a gimmick and bungled the core console by cutting out features and gimping the specs.

The Switch did sell well initially, but so did the Wii U. Once the usual diehard Nintendo fans bought the Wii U, sales dropped off and basically never recovered. It's entirely possible that the exact same thing is going to happen with the Switch. I see very little 3rd party developers on board, besides some indies, and very few games of interest coming out in the future. It looks like a repeat of the Wii U, for many of the same reasons (weak specs, missing features, design issues, poor 3rd party support, etc).

I really don't see the concern over third party support for the switch. At the end of the day I'm sure that 95% of people here have a PS4 or Xbox to play these titles on. For my switch, I just want an abundance of first party titles and I will play everything else on my PS4.
And this is another reason why the Switch will fail. Loyal fans will only buy first party Nintendo games on it, and just get the (probably few) 3rd party games on other platforms, so 3rd party developers will bail just like they did with the Wii U. The Switch simply can't survive on first party games only, Wii U was proof of that.

Why is it when people discuss the future of Nintendo's products, some diehard fans get extremely upset and lash out? Do you feel personally insulted that a company making a product you like is criticized?

The discussions about the Switch's future are indeed relevant. The Wii U bombed hard because Nintendo failed to deliver a piece of gaming hardware that appealed to the majority of the gaming community. They built that system around a gimmick and bungled the core console by cutting out features and gimping the specs.

The Switch did sell well initially, but so did the Wii U. Once the usual diehard Nintendo fans bought the Wii U, sales dropped off and basically never recovered. It's entirely possible that the exact same thing is going to happen with the Switch. I see very little 3rd party developers on board, besides some indies, and very few games of interest coming out in the future. It looks like a repeat of the Wii U, for many of the same reasons (weak specs, missing features, design issues, poor 3rd party support, etc).

1) On the first point you made, no absolutely not, it's just that this isn't a board for that kind of discussion, it's a board to discuss the buying aspect of a product. There have been posters in these threads from months ago complaining about the Switch with very little intention of purchasing posting almost daily. It gets old after awhile.

1) On the first point you made, no absolutely not, it's just that this isn't a board for that kind of discussion, it's a board to discuss the buying aspect of a product. There have been posters in these threads from months ago complaining about the Switch with very little intention of purchasing posting almost daily. It gets old after awhile.
So much truth in that. Great post.

I'm actually here, despite owning a Switch, to help others find a switch as I have had success getting the system. Maybe my experience might help someone who is here looking to track one down. The whole purpose of this thread, as noted, is to track the system down. It's nothing more than a tool to help people do just that.

I don't understand why some people always have to derail these kinds of threads into their personal blog about what Nintendo is doing right or wrong or the merit of owning these systems. That's not the purpose of this thread and it would sink down the forums much quicker if all the extra discussion was moved to the Nintendo forum or it just stopped.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, the anti-Nintendo League is still up to their shit. My god, it's been fucking months now. Has this been constant this whole time? For fuck's sake, go play a god damn video game already and just drop it. This is a hell of a lot of effort for a company you people claim you don't care about.th
The MODS clearly don't care. If you want to find a Switch, there are other sites to visit that don't have the same three people going back and fourth trying to tell you to buy Sony.

And this is another reason why the Switch will fail. Loyal fans will only buy first party Nintendo games on it, and just get the (probably few) 3rd party games on other platforms, so 3rd party developers will bail just like they did with the Wii U. The Switch simply can't survive on first party games only, Wii U was proof of that.
So leave and visit a sony thread.

We already forgetting crappy launches/gambles of hardware past. How'd that $700 PS3 go for them? Took a LONG time to recover on that one.
It didn't. Personally speaking, I gave M$ a shot during that time and didn't purchase a PS3 until it was already getting price cuts and MGS4 bundled in. Have a bad launch, the market reacts, but with proper management you can right the ship which they did.

The problem with Nintendo, however, is they keep putting the captain of the Titanic in charge because clearly the ship's design was flawed.

It didn't. Personally speaking, I gave M$ a shot during that time and didn't purchase a PS3 until it was already getting price cuts and MGS4 bundled in. Have a bad launch, the market reacts, but with proper management you can right the ship which they did.

The problem with Nintendo, however, is they keep putting the captain of the Titanic in charge because clearly the ship's design was flawed.
Huh? I know a lot of people forget this but Nintendo's favorite customers outside of their adult diehards are children. Parents are going to flock to the Switch over the PS4 and X1 once that store associate tells them that the Switch is both a portable and home console.

bread's done
Back