Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine these things are THAT hard to get.  I was in my local Target several hours after it opened last Saturday and there were two gray and one neon consoles in the case.  No one was rushing or waiting to get one.  I'll get one eventually but from others on here and what I saw they aren't in that short of supply.

I can't imagine these things are THAT hard to get. I was in my local Target several hours after it opened last Saturday and there were two gray and one neon consoles in the case. No one was rushing or waiting to get one. I'll get one eventually but from others on here and what I saw they aren't in that short of supply.
People fail to understand that supply and demand varies from county to county. Just because you or someone else sees them regularly doesn't mean that is the same case everywhere else. I have yet to see one in the wild in any of the stores around me.

People fail to understand that supply and demand varies from county to county. Just because you or someone else sees them regularly doesn't mean that is the same case everywhere else. I have yet to see one in the wild in any of the stores around me.
Up until April it was the same for me. However almost every two weeks the local Walmart's get some in. This past Saturday was the first time I saw a neon one at the local Walmart though. Always plenty of hours into the day too, they're still there. I've had four or so chances to buy one so far.

If anybody is looking for a Switch check Brickseek or the Walmart app. A few Walmart's around Baltimore just got them in stock.

Im waiting on Gamestop/Best Buy to get more so I can use some credit. 

Up until April it was the same for me. However almost every two weeks the local Walmart's get some in. This past Saturday was the first time I saw a neon one at the local Walmart though. Always plenty of hours into the day too, they're still there. I've had four or so chances to buy one so far.
I don't shop at Walmart so I'm not sure if they have any near me. I'm waiting on Best Buy so I can use my $200 in gift cards.

They are in stock all around my area. Glad Nintendo put their foot on the gas and got these things out there. My craigslist has them at $300 now flippers bombed out on this it seems.
Good, fuck em'.

I don't begrudge people making a profit here and there but these flippers suck up inventory and make it hard to get this stuff for the rest of us who just want a console at the retail price.

I saw my first Switch in the wild at the Walmart in The Colony, TX yesterday.  Probably would have picked it up if I didnt just buy a MacBook Pro.  

Good, fuck em'.

I don't begrudge people making a profit here and there but these flippers suck up inventory and make it hard to get this stuff for the rest of us who just want a console at the retail price.
I imagine they'll all be back at Christmas in time for Mario. I'm glad I got mine at retail locally already.

I don't shop at Walmart so I'm not sure if they have any near me. I'm waiting on Best Buy so I can use my $200 in gift cards.
Lol well then how can you say they're not available in your area if you don't check one of the largest retailers for one? Walmart has been the only store in the entire area around me to get enough stock to actually have some in the case.

Lol well then how can you say they're not available in your area if you don't check one of the largest retailers for one? Walmart has been the only store in the entire area around me to get enough stock to actually have some in the case.
If target and Best Buy sell out the day they get them I'm pretty sure Walmart does too.

So this has to be one of the last bundles GS is going to offer right? I guess if your planning to go all digital, it's an OK deal, but I just can't believe they can still put these bundles together and keep selling them. But I guess as long as they continue to move, they will continue to offer them.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-gray-digital-deluxe-library-bundle-ships-by-05-19-17/147032
I wanted to trade in my XBOX One S to buy a Switch and called them today. The best they can do is give me credit on a gift card and then I'm left to search for a non-bundled Switch by chance. But they have plenty of bundles "if I want one..."

I know Gamestop is in the business of making money, hence the bundles, so I don't blame them, but it's completely frustrating. It's more Nintendo's fault for either poor manufacturing management or intentional manipulation of product stock.

If target and Best Buy sell out the day they get them I'm pretty sure Walmart does too.
Not necessarily though. There's also people like yourself who don't shop at Walmart who may be in the market for a Switch who aren't looking there. Walmart is a bigger retailer than both BBY and Target so it stands to reason they may receive stock those other stores don't. Especially since BBY is a tech store, some are expecting them to have it, but not always with Walmart.

Just saying, you're probably right that the ones around you are sold out; but if you didn't have those gift cards to use it wouldn't be smart to avoid checking Walmart.

Went into a GameStop yesterday and they had switches. Too bad they were only selling them as bundles. While I was there a guy wanted to buy one, the worker explained that he could make adjustments to the bundle if he did not want a certain game or controller. The warranty was mandatory.

Went into a GameStop yesterday and they had switches. Too bad they were only selling them as bundles. While I was there a guy wanted to buy one, the worker explained that he could make adjustments to the bundle if he did not want a certain game or controller. The warranty was mandatory.
Is that even legal to do at store level. I know they can probably get away with it online but I'd be pissed if it was me knowing I just want to own the system only and get the rest of the things seperately?

Is that even legal to do at store level. I know they can probably get away with it online but I'd be pissed if it was me knowing I just want to own the system only and get the rest of the things seperately?
If they are being sold in store they can't force you to bundle items and a warranty. That is a dishonest GS employee only looking out for their numbers.

I hope they add YouTube and Netflix to the switch, I'm disappointed its not an option.
If the 3DS had Netflix I'm sure the NS will.

If they are being sold in store they can't force you to bundle items and a warranty. That is a dishonest GS employee only looking out for their numbers.
What are you supposed to say? "Actually you can't force me to bundle. I'll call corporate."? I'm being serious.

Ask for the number of their District Leader. Call their DL and if they say the same thing, then the forced bundle bullshit is coming from them, nothing you can do. Or the DL will tell the store to knock it off.

Ask for the number of their District Leader. Call their DL and if they say the same thing, then the forced bundle bullshit is coming from them, nothing you can do. Or the DL will tell the store to knock it off.
I called corporate and they said that the stores can set their own bundles. They would not say when they would sell the console only. I called a few stores in different districts and they all had the bundle policy.

Who cares? This thing isn't "rare" anymore, no need to obsess about getting one. I've seen it available in multiple Best Buy and Walmart stores, not hard to find.

Wow, sounding like GS changed their in store policy. Earlier this week they said I could pay msrp in store if I found one of course, that was before the bundle update online. Glad I grabbed one at Target.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

I called corporate and they said that the stores can set their own bundles. They would not say when they would sell the console only. I called a few stores in different districts and they all had the bundle policy.
Yeah, like I've said before, all this shit comes from the top down. No one at the store level dreams this stuff up, and calling corporate is just a waste of anyone's time.

The best anyone can do in regards to GS, is make friends with the employees there, or a manager, as that will get you much further than trying to get the higher ups to give a damn. If there was any chance for some one to be fired, or catch a shit storm from doing these bundles, no one would be doing it. That fact that so many places are, pretty much tells you what's going on.

So where there may not be an official rule on it either way, it's getting GS more funds, and since it's their business, and they can do what they want, I really don't see why others continue to recommend this calling of corporate, as nothing is going to be done, if anything, they may give a bonus at the store level for most units sold in this manner. Shop elsewhere, or go with the flow, but nothing is going to change this outside of some mass boycott, and I don't see that happening.

Switch threads are so boring; I wish they would announce an SNESC already so we can get back to bitching about waiting for/sold out pre-orders again.

What are you supposed to say? "Actually you can't force me to bundle. I'll call corporate."? I'm being serious.
Technically they can't force a bundle on you but if it is backed by their DL then I guess your fucked.

I just called up a store from your list and they are selling them as a bundle too. Their bundle has a Warranty, membership and one game.
Just called another on the list and they want you to buy 3 games and 3 accessories.
That's just fucked up especially the forcing purchase of their warranty and a pro membership.

Who cares? This thing isn't "rare" anymore, no need to obsess about getting one. I've seen it available in multiple Best Buy and Walmart stores, not hard to find.
In your area sure, there's still plenty of people struggling to find these things. Plenty of people care.

I'd love one from Best Buy for my points, but no stores near me have them in stock. When they are in stock, there are long lines for them. Targets do not have them either,

Yeah, I've still only seen one locally at my Walmart, but I don't really frequent any other places, so I can't speak to their inventory. I go to Walmart several times a week, so my odds are always going to be best there, and while they have accessories and pro controllers, I only saw the neon unit awhile back, and not another one since. There seems to be just enough units entering the market, to where a person can get one with a little effort, but not enough to hang around for any decent time. 

i can't believe Gamestop, they are the only retailer taking advantage of consumers ! Target, Best Buy, Walmart sells the systems at MSRP, but Gamestop pulls this bundle crap? I don't know who shops there anymore, both Amazon and Best Buy give you 20% off all new game purchases anyway, so why pay full price with them to begin with? I don't get it. What's their appeal?

What's their appeal?
I would say they are quick and ease of use is the appeal. Amazon and BB are online, so in most cases, you have to wait for something to arrive, or just deal with mailing if your trading in(if they even offer that still, as I never used it).

I have a friend who shops their all the time, and I tell him I'll sell his games for him at cost, and he'll get the full return after the fees, but he would rather go there in person, so he can leave with something then and there. Then you also have to be a member to really take advantage of Amazon/BB, and that may be another reason why it doesn't matter to most of their user base. GS knows their market, and they exploit them the same way others in gaming do as well.

As long as consumers buy those bundles, they will continue to sell them every chance they get.

i can't believe Gamestop, they are the only retailer taking advantage of consumers ! Target, Best Buy, Walmart sells the systems at MSRP, but Gamestop pulls this bundle crap? I don't know who shops there anymore, both Amazon and Best Buy give you 20% off all new game purchases anyway, so why pay full price with them to begin with? I don't get it. What's their appeal?
Their one and only appeal is being able to profit thhousands off them per year with trade bonuses, essentially making all purchases there free.

Don't see the problem.  It's a supply constrained item.    GS sees them being resold on EBay and Craigslist for a higher price for the past 8 weeks.  They decide to do their version of that.  Outrage!!!!

If you do it right it's way cheaper then Amazon/BB. For example I got my Switch, Zelda BOTW, Binding of Issac, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and a Bomberman R rental all for free from Gamestop.

Don't see the problem. It's a supply constrained item. GS sees them being resold on EBay and Craigslist for a higher price for the past 8 weeks. They decide to do their version of that. Outrage!!!!
You're comparing Gamestop to scalpers, and don't see a problem with that? You might want to get your head checked.

Forcing people to purchase bundled games and accessories is bad enough but extended warranties?

That’s some sketchy, bottom-of-the-barrel primordial ooze type nonsense.
It's almost as bad as when Best Buy was charging an automatic $50 "update" charge on the Wii when it was hard to get. Every day these stores have to sell stuff that a large percentage of buyers are only going to resell. Granted, that's not happening with the Switch, but whenever they can take advantage of demand and scrape a few dollars more in by bundling, more power to them. Don't want the bundle? Don't buy it. Either other people will (which is clearly happening) or no one will and the bundles will stop.

As long as they aren't tacking on phantom charges (e.g. everything in the bundle individually adds up to $450 but they charge $500), I don't have a problem with them trying to maximize their profits this way. As plenty of stated, there are plenty of other places to shop.

It's almost as bad as when Best Buy was charging an automatic $50 "update" charge on the Wii when it was hard to get. Every day these stores have to sell stuff that a large percentage of buyers are only going to resell. Granted, that's not happening with the Switch, but whenever they can take advantage of demand and scrape a few dollars more in by bundling, more power to them. Don't want the bundle? Don't buy it. Either other people will (which is clearly happening) or no one will and the bundles will stop.

As long as they aren't tacking on phantom charges (e.g. everything in the bundle individually adds up to $450 but they charge $500), I don't have a problem with them trying to maximize their profits this way. As plenty of stated, there are plenty of other places to shop.
It’s slimy, opportunistic and it’s also grossly short-sighted in terms of forging relationships with customers.

And that’s coming from somebody who doesn’t hate Gamestop. (My local stores are fine and the employees generally very nice)

And again, bundling accessories and games – while annoying – isn’t the same as forcing somebody to purchase something as fundamentally worthless as an extended warranty on a console.

Also, I don’t really have the same unfettered sympathy you seem to possess for big box retailers.

But you are correct, people don’t have to shop there and given GS’s overall reputation, they seem incredibly comfortable pissing off their clientele on a regular basis.

My unfettered sympathy stems from what I've seen happen to retail as more and more big box retailers sail off into the sunset. Things don't get better as competition wanes. 

People on this board love to bitch and bitch and wish every retailer ever went out of business because of some stupid slight against their sensitivities. Lucky them, we're getting to that point. 

These companies are in it to make money, which gets harder and harder to do every day. How many times a week do I read that a sale is "worthless" because a game is only 33% off (when we know most of these places only make about 20% on to begin with). So yeah, I don't care about the bundles. I won't buy one. I don't expect you to either. But I don't blame them for being "opportunistic" as that is fundamental to good business anyway. If they can only get in X amount of product (a product that has almost zero markup by the way), and they can sell all of X even with adding in Y and Z, then they'd be stupid to sell it any other way. 

There are plenty of anti consumer practices going on at Gamestop. I find bundling to be the least of it. 

Switches were up on walmart for a whopping 4 minutes before selling out again... yikes!
Yeah i dont even think it was that long i got the update on my phone and didnt even have enough time to hit add to cart same with neon one gone in seconds...seriously?

bread's done
Back