Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, just saw the level of stupidity that is Splatoon voice chat.

3mpiAa9.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5j4DIellR4
The voice chat thing is not a deal breaker for me, I couldn't care less about talking to some retarded 8 year old across the country while playing a game.

Wonder if the paid subscription deals will actually be enticing for first party titles. I have to say I doubt it but I'm open to the prospect of Nintendo getting with the times.

I love the switch alot but I think this is going to be really, really, really bad. I doubt this would mean anything to most people but silly Nintendo stuff that would go far with me would be custom themes, access to weird Japanese NES games, or other perks that would help validate what is clearly a paywall behind functionality that should absolutely be free.

I love the switch alot but I think this is going to be really, really, really bad. I doubt this would mean anything to most people but silly Nintendo stuff that would go far with me would be custom themes, access to weird Japanese NES games, or other perks that would help validate what is clearly a paywall behind functionality that should absolutely be free.
$20 a year is really really bad to you? It should be free? Nintendo is the only one not charging atm and $20 for a year really doesn't sound bad at all. Not to mention eShop discounts which is severely lacking as of now, I'm actually really surprised it's going to be $20. I can manage $1.66 a month

When it comes to the "fanboy" crowd, just give it a minute, someone will explain this away as the future of gaming and voice chat.
Not necessarily a fanboy, but I can see Nintendo thinking that this absolves them of any bad publicity from the voicechat since it's technically the phone app and not their console or network.

Not necessarily a fanboy, but I can see Nintendo thinking that this absolves them of any bad publicity from the voicechat since it's technically the phone app and not their console or network.
Isn't it still their app that you have to use? I think it's just Nintendo trying to fix what isn't broken.

Actually, when it was first announced that an app would be needed for voice chat, I figured along the same lines. As this way, when little Johnny hears ****, ****, *****, ***** ***, "N" can say hey, we have nothing to do with that. But as stated, it will be their app, but who knows what it will be called, or how responsible they can and will be when shit goes south.

I have an 11 year old, and I must say that their parental controls are beyond great, and if any parent want's to protect their child from outside sources, it's pretty easy to do, and then some. The same could be said for the censoring of games "N" keeps getting involved in, as why have parental controls, that can block games of certain ratings, only to spend time, money and resources censoring games?

One thing completely contradicts the other, as you have the means of blocking this, but still block said content by changing it. I've said for years they are total "control" freaks, and they want to have their stamp and footprint on any and everything, so you get overkill in almost every situation. It's just who they are, and what they do, sadly.

why have parental controls, that can block games of certain ratings, only to spend time, money and resources censoring games?
Because censoring games broadens the target audience and parental controls only make the device more appealing to parents who share the console. Totally different revenue opportunities and different reasons altogether. Obvious question the gains (i.e. sales) from making a game T are higher than the losses of customers who refused to buy censored M or T rated games.

Gamestop had a big sign on the door "Switch Now in Stock!"

As I cashed out something unrelated, I asked, "So you guys finally have some systems in store?"  The associate sheepishly said, "No, we're supposed to tell people about these" and then handed me some crappy print outs detailing the bundles you can order online. I said, "That's got to be fun to deal with." He said he begged his DM to not make him put the sign up, and he's already been yelled at by several customers.

Lol. 

As I cashed out something unrelated, I asked, "So you guys finally have some systems in store?" The associate sheepishly said, "No, we're supposed to tell people about these" and then handed me some crappy print outs detailing the bundles you can order online. I said, "That's got to be fun to deal with." He said he begged his DM to not make him put the sign up, and he's already been yelled at by several customers.

Lol.
I saw a similar sign last time I was in my local GS, but I looked at it for a second and noticed there was an asterisk saying to "See details online" or something of that effect, and knew immediately what the deal was.

On the topic of the bundles though, this new round GS put up yesterday are already starting to sell out. There were still 5 different bundles available this morning, but now it's down to just 3. And they're all the BotW bundles.

As I cashed out something unrelated, I asked, "So you guys finally have some systems in store?" The associate sheepishly said, "No, we're supposed to tell people about these" and then handed me some crappy print outs detailing the bundles you can order online. I said, "That's got to be fun to deal with." He said he begged his DM to not make him put the sign up, and he's already been yelled at by several customers.

Lol.
There is only 35 Gamestops nationwide right now that have 1 maybe 2 in store right now. They actually have more pre-owned.

Because censoring games broadens the target audience and parental controls only make the device more appealing to parents who share the console. Totally different revenue opportunities and different reasons altogether. Obvious question the gains (i.e. sales) from making a game T are higher than the losses of customers who refused to buy censored M or T rated games.
But how many of those censored games got different ratings based on the changes made? I was under the impression that with or without the changes, most of their censored titles would have gotten the same ratings. So in that kind of situation, the parental controls would be enough correct? But I could be wrong, but that was the impression I've had in reading about the most recent cases where the censorship was a big deal around the web.

Of course when it comes to getting a different rating entirely, that is a given in regards to the overall audience reach, and I can't fault changes in any form, when it helps widen the audiences reach. The same goes for most movies, as most film makers prefer the PG-13 to the "R" as it allows for more revenue due to the lesser imposed age limits, I expect gaming to be no different.

I guarantee you there are may parents who can't be bothered learning how to use parental controls, but would still attempt to blame Nintendo (or any other company) if their child is somehow exposed to something they don't approve of. And of course then there are the parents who yell at the GameStop employee for telling them how to parent just because he/she is doing their job and tell them that perhaps GTA isn't appropriate for their 6 year old...

I guarantee you there are may parents who can't be bothered learning how to use parental controls, but would still attempt to blame Nintendo (or any other company) if their child is somehow exposed to something they don't approve of. And of course then there are the parents who yell at the GameStop employee for telling them how to parent just because he/she is doing their job and tell them that perhaps GTA isn't appropriate for their 6 year old...
"You're putting me in a bad position right now."

No, be a damn parent and read the warning labels yourself before letting your 8 year old bring GTA to the counter.

Best Buy in Westbury NY (Old Country Road I think? The one right besides the Walmart and the Staples) has them in stock. I just picked up my second gray set.

Lol.
A buddy told me something similar yesterday, he's been looking for one for a few weeks.

Saw they had a print out that said "Ask about the switch!" so he did & they told him about bundles that they'd get for the week of the 19th. :whistle2:

If anyone in San Diego, Ca needs a Switch.  I saw 2 tonight at the La Mesa best buy.   Right before closing, the employee told me they have been sitting there for 2 days.   I have no interest in it, hope someone in SD who wants one is able to make it and grab one tomorrow..

2 of these exact same consoles

2cnjhx0.jpg

My store got some in as well. We have a lot more incoming but I have a feeling we are going to be holding them for either E3 or ARMS which are the same week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All bundles on GS are OOS again. Looks like GS has had a lot more success in selling these smaller and cheaper bundles lately.

All bundles on GS are OOS again. Looks like GS has had a lot more success in selling these smaller and cheaper bundles lately.
A lot of other places have gotten in on the bundle action, but GS has been pretty consistent from the start. They seem to offer them rather frequently, with some not to far out ship dates. That seems to make them the go to spot currently for shoppers NS needs.

I may get my son one over the summer if he behaves, and unless inventory is improved at some point, I may go the GS route, as they seem to be the least amount of work if you don't mind the few week wait.

A lot of other places have gotten in on the bundle action, but GS has been pretty consistent from the start. They seem to offer them rather frequently, with some not to far out ship dates. That seems to make them the go to spot currently for shoppers NS needs.

I may get my son one over the summer if he behaves, and unless inventory is improved at some point, I may go the GS route, as they seem to be the least amount of work if you don't mind the few week wait.
Dude, can you adopt me? Happy meals weekly and Nintendo switch just for behaving? Lucky kid.

Dude, can you adopt me? Happy meals weekly and Nintendo switch just for behaving? Lucky kid.
His NES Classic will be sacrificed for the greater good, as well as some of his Wii U games, so I'm not sure how lucky he would say he is. LOL

I have to do the work of selling all that stuff, so that's where the good behavior comes in, but in the last 3 months, he's been grounded more than he hasn't been, so his chances ain't looking to good either way. But for an NS, he may walk on water if given the chance, so I'll stay optimistic for now.

West LA Best Buy just told me they're holding any Switches they get for Sunday (June 11). I'm assuming the same will be true for other stores.

Ordered my GS bundle on 5/28 and it just got here today. I paid for the cheapest shipping too. They packaged it fine and everything looks to be perfect. So I'm pretty satisfied.

West LA Best Buy just told me they're holding any Switches they get for Sunday (June 11). I'm assuming the same will be true for other stores.
My local Best Buy (Bowie, MD) restocked today around 5 EST. They had about 7. I asked if they were holding them until next week. They said no so I ended up getting one for my brother.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

His NES Classic will be sacrificed for the greater good, as well as some of his Wii U games, so I'm not sure how lucky he would say he is. LOL

I have to do the work of selling all that stuff, so that's where the good behavior comes in, but in the last 3 months, he's been grounded more than he hasn't been, so his chances ain't looking to good either way. But for an NS, he may walk on water if given the chance, so I'll stay optimistic for now.
My son has the classic and 30+ Wii u games, I can't get myself to get rid of any of it. He really enjoys my switch so I've tossed the idea around about giving him this second one I ordered last week from GameStop that won't arrive until next year. I also think selling it at cost to a friend at work is a better idea though

My NES Classic that has just NES games may almost be obsolete after my recent adult toy purchase. Almost...[attachment=26754:IMG_4903.JPG][attachment=26755:IMG_4904.JPG]

My son has the classic and 30+ Wii u games, I can't get myself to get rid of any of it. He really enjoys my switch so I've tossed the idea around about giving him this second one I ordered last week from GameStop that won't arrive until next year. I also think selling it at cost to a friend at work is a better idea though
My son hasn't touched his Classic since January, and out side of a few Wii U titles, most of those go untouched as well. Honestly, he just has to many game options, so he doesn't get to attached to any specific one normally, and so long as he gets the latest and greatest "N" offerings, he's fine.

I actually really like the classic(after the modding of course), as it really shows those older games nicely on an HD screen, but I haven't touched it either in ages, as I just don't game much on the big screen. So while it's a cool trip down memory lane, it's just not going to get much use, especially when I can add all of those games to other devices we currently both use more.

My son hasn't touched his Classic since January, and out side of a few Wii U titles, most of those go untouched as well. Honestly, he just has to many game options, so he doesn't get to attached to any specific one normally, and so long as he gets the latest and greatest "N" offerings, he's fine.

I actually really like the classic(after the modding of course), as it really shows those older games nicely on an HD screen, but I haven't touched it either in ages, as I just don't game much on the big screen. So while it's a cool trip down memory lane, it's just not going to get much use, especially when I can add all of those games to other devices we currently both use more.
I'm in the complete same situation. Honestly I should've traded in all his most valuable games into GameStop back in February when they got good values, I don't care to try to sell them any other way. Looking back on my childhood though I hated how my family got rid of our SNES, NES, n64 and Genesis, I wish we kept it all. Those feelings translate to today and I don't want to get rid of all this stuff. I picture myself eventually having a game room with it all hooked up. As of now it gets no action while it sits in my son's room.

Like I said though I totally relate to your situation.

At least you're teaching him some type of economics. Are NES Classic's still going for good money?

So is the general consensus that Target and maybe even Best Buy will have the Switch in stock this Sunday?

I picked up the neon console and am wanting to swap it for the gray version.

At least you're teaching him some type of economics. Are NES Classic's still going for good money?
There decent, the more you have(and if modded), seems to fetch the best prices. I think with what we have, I'm gonna try for $300. I haven't checked in a few weeks though, so I may be on the high side.

So is the general consensus that Target and maybe even Best Buy will have the Switch in stock this Sunday?

I picked up the neon console and am wanting to swap it for the gray version.
It's in the weekly ad for both stores, so I'd say it's pretty likely. I wouldn't be surprised to see more stock next Friday too.

bread's done
Back