Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
At $300 a pop do you think this is still happening?
I doubt it. Any employee of a retail store, especially Gamestop would have bought a Switch by now if they wanted to get one. I've seen a couple of Switches out in the wild at random times in Best Buy and Gamestop in the last couple of weeks. Not many of course, but if you want a Switch at this point I think you can get one without too much hassle. Rumor has it supplies will be short throughout the rest of the year though so I expect resellers to have a heyday around the Holidays.

Was able to pick one up in Sacramento this evening at gamestop. Seems as if all the stores here have switches tonight according to the manager. 

How do you feel about it at the current price for someone who would primarily be playing it online for multi-player? I enjoyed my time with the Test Punch and know that I like the game, but I haven't picked it up yet due to the feeling that it will all get old pretty quickly for me and I also think it will go on sale for at least $50 in the near future and I can wait. I currently have a decent collection of physical games on Switch and ARMS and Disgaea 5 Complete are really the only two other games out for Switch right now that I want to eventually add to my collection.
Would you be playing online by yourself? Like I said, I found it a lot more enjoyable playing through the varying modes with somebody else right next to me. Online included.

Now if you are just looking to play online multiplayer strictly by yourself, then I'd say it's probably not worth getting for that alone. You'd probably be right in waiting, we already know there's more DLC characters coming as well as a online Spectator Mode. I can see the online multiplayer specifically becoming more robust down the line too.

I doubt it. Any employee of a retail store, especially Gamestop would have bought a Switch by now if they wanted to get one. I've seen a couple of Switches out in the wild at random times in Best Buy and Gamestop in the last couple of weeks. Not many of course, but if you want a Switch at this point I think you can get one without too much hassle. Rumor has it supplies will be short throughout the rest of the year though so I expect resellers to have a heyday around the Holidays.
I'm thinking the same. I make a good living and I still struggled with the idea of dropping $300 because I never pay full retail for anything. I don't want to make assumptions about people but I do know the wages paid to the *average* retail employee isn't much above minimum. So to think every employee is just grabbing them as soon as they come in... doubtful. I know people are on the lookout just as much as we are.

Like you said, I had 4 opportunities to buy one within a month from walmart. When I was at best Buy I just asked and they had three, that was my 5th opportunity so I just grabbed one. Not as easy to find as a ps4 or Xb1 but still doable.

Northern GA has some. I just bought the only one at the Johns Creek Target and the Milton Target said that they have three. At Johns Creek they weren't displaying it so if you get to the store and don't see any, don't assume they sold out. Better to ask.

My store is getting 21 neon in for the Sunday hold. Weird that we aren't getting any grey at all this time. Last restock we had more neon than grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were all grey at the store I bought from, I asked for the neon but no luck.
The GS down the street had 2 neons but said they would only sell in a bundle.
I'd call cooperate customer service. Unless it's advertised as a bundle they can't force it on you

I'd call cooperate customer service. Unless it's advertised as a bundle they can't force it on you
They had them sitting out with hand written signs that said the bundles.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I have to gain as they are most likely sold by now anyway, if it mattered to me more I would but it will play the same.

Posted this before. Alternative to searching for Neon is using gel grips. Bought the yellow joy cons and will get clear gel grips.[attachment=26906:IMG_4436.JPG][attachment=26907:IMG_4388.JPG]

Decided to get a switch. My kids loved the commercials and trailers for new games announced, amd some of them got my attention also. They announced some stuff I asked for, so voting with my wallet. Although I am having left joy con issues and this is a fresh shipment, so that's disappointing. and I left my One S at home after telling them I'd bring it on vacation. Found one at a target and picked up Cars 3: driven to win(we have MK8 and all DLC on Wii U). I'd say it's pretty good, maybe a little short of Sonic Racing transformed, but there are a lot of mechanics and modes that differ it enough from MK8, and on easy it's easier than MK8.

Decided to get a switch. My kids loved the commercials and trailers for new games announced, amd some of them got my attention also. They announced some stuff I asked for, so voting with my wallet. Although I am having left joy con issues and this is a fresh shipment, so that's disappointing. and I left my One S at home after telling them I'd bring it on vacation. Found one at a target and picked up Cars 3: driven to win(we have MK8 and all DLC on Wii U). I'd say it's pretty good, maybe a little short of Sonic Racing transformed, but there are a lot of mechanics and modes that differ it enough from MK8, and on easy it's easier than MK8.
Do you have a neon or gray switch? Wondering if the joy con issues are on gray because I haven't experienced any on my neon system.

Posted this before. Alternative to searching for Neon is using gel grips. Bought the yellow joy cons and will get clear gel grips.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4436.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4388.JPG
I like those red gel grips. They look like a deeper red than the ugly neon red & they match my red Power A joy con grip. Gonna have to get those

Damn. It's disappointing to hear left joy con issues are still happening for some people. I haven't had an issue since I sent mine into nintendo. I figured the new batches would have that fixed.

just called my local gamestop, they have 1 grey one but ah, I realy want the neon one for my son. Still have until July 30th though. should be enough time to get the Neon.

I tried again with left joy con, it's not the analog stick, it's the SR button on left joy con. I was thinking maybe I got hit by a weapon, but it happened on the regular race mode also, so I'm not sure why it's happening, I'm only a few feet away. It happened less today so maybe it was sticky because new? If it keeps on I'll report back.

Also realized when using a pro controller the controls change for stunts on Cars 3. When using a single joy con you use the only analog stick(that also steers), when using pro controller, you have to use the right analog stick. Kinda annoying, no reason you can't use the steering one also since you always have a thumb on it.

I tried again with left joy con, it's not the analog stick, it's the SR button on left joy con. I was thinking maybe I got hit by a weapon, but it happened on the regular race mode also, so I'm not sure why it's happening, I'm only a few feet away. It happened less today so maybe it was sticky because new? If it keeps on I'll report back.

Also realized when using a pro controller the controls change for stunts on Cars 3. When using a single joy con you use the only analog stick(that also steers), when using pro controller, you have to use the right analog stick. Kinda annoying, no reason you can't use the steering one also since you always have a thumb on it.
Grey Switch or Neon?

oh, thought I had read from another user that he hadn't read any trouble with the neon ones. So this Joy con syncing issue is still on-going and nintendo still hasn't come up with a software fix? blah
Yeah I think the issues aren't that widespread. I do know the problem was hardware based, but I thought Nintendo fixed them. The problem was happening on Neon ones too as per below. Its crazy to still be hearing about this issue though.

https://youtu.be/QNHHA0T7TdQ

Looks like the very last bundle on GameStop finally sold out. It was the worst bundle in terms of a deal IMO, but I guess people are desperate enough.

Following their recent pattern, I'd expect another set of bundles up by next week at the latest.

Looks like the very last bundle on GameStop finally sold out. It was the worst bundle in terms of a deal IMO, but I guess people are desperate enough.

Following their recent pattern, I'd expect another set of bundles up by next week at the latest.
Yeah, they've been pretty good in offering them at regular intervals for sure. I agree, those bundles have been looking a little on the not so great side lately, but I guess there're good enough for those in a pinch.

It's a grey system, but it's only the SR button on the left joy con, with the top part on. Haven't noticed stick issues, but one of my kids has been using it most of them time for Cars 3 races. He broke his arm so it's easy for him with his cast. It did it to me too but I'm going to try it myself again soon.

Every Walmart I've been to in Vancouver Canada has at least 5 of them, usually the Neon.   This is usually around 7pm when I've looked.   

As predicted, GameStop already has a new set of bundles up. The $400 bundles are reasonable if you don't mind paying MSRP for ARMS.

My Best Buy said this Sunday they would have some and are handing out tickets at store opening...
Same here. And I work Sundays 😢
My store is getting 21 neon in for the Sunday hold. Weird that we aren't getting any grey at all this time. Last restock we had more neon than grey

Many thanks for sharing! Based on your posts, I showed up at my best buy 5 minutes before opening and was able to pick up one of the 20 or so neon switch consoles they had in stock. It's the first time I had seen one in stock in my area. My kids and I have been playing 1-2 Switch all day, and I'll finally get to enjoy some Zelda tonight!

I'll also add - if you have the best buy Visa credit card, you may have received a coupon via email for 11% back in reward zone certificates that expires 06/30/2017. I used that with my switch purchase to sweeten the pot a little.

Many thanks for sharing! Based on your posts, I showed up at my best buy 5 minutes before opening and was able to pick up one of the 20 or so neon switch consoles they had in stock. It's the first time I had seen one in stock in my area. My kids and I have been playing 1-2 Switch all day, and I'll finally get to enjoy some Zelda tonight!
No problem. Glad you were able to get one! :)

They had Switches at the Mall of America Best Buy today.  But you can't get one without dealing with one of those assholes trying to sell you the "complete solution" with all the accessories and extra crap.  They don't put them out for display.

I know no one is a fortune teller but what are the chances that we get a good Switch bundle for Black Friday or the holidays? With the Switch selling like hotcakes there is no reason for Nintendo to offer a bundle but I am hopeful.

I guess what I am asking is should I buy a Switch now or wait? I have enough GameStop credit to get one now when they are in stock but I would really be angry if I could get a free game with my system like Sony and Microsoft do with their systems.

I know no one is a fortune teller but what are the chances that we get a good Switch bundle for Black Friday or the holidays? With the Switch selling like hotcakes there is no reason for Nintendo to offer a bundle but I am hopeful.

I guess what I am asking is should I buy a Switch now or wait? I have enough GameStop credit to get one now when they are in stock but I would really be angry if I could get a free game with my system like Sony and Microsoft do with their systems.
I can't help but think, even if there is a bundle, increased holiday demand will make it hard to obtain. Black Friday ads seem to leak about a month early, so if you're in no hurry, it may be worth waiting until late October/early November to see how things look. I would think by then we will know if there is a holiday bundle, but it would still be early enough to beat the holiday rush in the event there is not one. Or perhaps you could buy a regular console at that time as a backup, keep it unopened, and return it if you are able to get a better deal on BF.

They had Switches at the Mall of America Best Buy today. But you can't get one without dealing with one of those assholes trying to sell you the "complete solution" with all the accessories and extra crap. They don't put them out for display.
I hear ya. Similar experience at my store. But, at least they will accept 'no' as an answer and sell you the console by itself. Sadly, that kind of makes them a hero in the retail space these days.

The manager at my store went as far as to tell me that I'd want to get a Best buy warranty because some people have had issues with the left Joy stick not working, and it's not covered by the manufacturer warranty. I politely declined and he didn't push it any further.

I hear ya. Similar experience at my store. But, at least they will accept 'no' as an answer and sell you the console by itself. Sadly, that kind of makes them a hero in the retail space these days.
The manager at my store went as far as to tell me that I'd want to get a Best buy warranty because some people have had issues with the left Joy stick not working, and it's not covered by the manufacturer warranty. I politely declined and he didn't push it any further.
Should have gotten that warranty bud...

You have the GS credit now, and they're available console only?
Might as well get it and enjoy it.

The possibility of 1 free game, four and a half months from now, does not outweigh it.

And of course the demand is going to be even higher around the holidays, with all the parents needing to buy one for little Timmy.

I'll also add - if you have the best buy Visa credit card, you may have received a coupon via email for 11% back in reward zone certificates that expires 06/30/2017. I used that with my switch purchase to sweeten the pot a little.
Interesting. I take it original best buy credit card holders are left hanging.

Is the coupon unique or generic?

bread's done
Back