Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my first Switch through Amazon, it was a Prime exclusive purchase tho. This was late April
Ok cool. So it's been a while. I have a ton of AMZ credit and want to pick up a second console there. It being prime only gives me a slightly better chance to get one if they ever get more. Thanks.

Interesting. I take it original best buy credit card holders are left hanging.

Is the coupon unique or generic?
Not certain. The email says it's "Single Use - One Time Only" so seems like it's probably unique. The terms of this particular promo were: "Any Single Day In June. Your Pick. Get 11% back in rewards on your entire in-store purchase when you shop with your My Best Buy® Visa® Card at Best Buy®."

I received another promo email from them a few days ago for 10% a regular priced item that expires 07/22/2017. That particular email says something along the lines of "You're not shopping with your My Best Buy Credit Card At Best Buy". I've recently been using my Discover card at Best Buy to take advantage of some android pay deals ($5 back on each of your first 10 android pay transactions with Discover), so maybe the fact that I've been using non Best Buy cards at Best Buy got me on this targeted marketing offer for this second email. I think the first was probably more widely sent out. I've seen these types of "customer appreciation bonus reward zone percentage" type emails somewhat regularly in the past.

You have the GS credit now, and they're available console only?
Might as well get it and enjoy it.

The possibility of 1 free game, four and a half months from now, does not outweigh it.

And of course the demand is going to be even higher around the holidays, with all the parents needing to buy one for little Timmy.
Well I have not seen a Switch in the wild at GS. Only been offered to buy a bundle. I have seen them at Wal-Mart though.

I was really trying to talk myself out of buying one now. I want to wait but this credit is burning a hole in my pocket. LOL

The new bundles at GameStop are sold out yet again. They seem to be moving them a lot faster post-E3. They had just gone up on Friday.

So ive been thinking of maybe getting rid of the Switch and rebuying it later when there is a special console or some pack ins.

Nothing wrong with what they are doing game wise, but Ive realized I wont really be playing it at all till October when Mario comes out. I already beat Zelda, played Mario Kart a bunch on the Wii U and now some on the switch and not really digging Arms.

I can get $265 for the system trading it into gamestop but do you guys think I could still sell it and get the price I paid for it back even through its used?

So ive been thinking of maybe getting rid of the Switch and rebuying it later when there is a special console or some pack ins.

Nothing wrong with what they are doing game wise, but Ive realized I wont really be playing it at all till October when Mario comes out. I already beat Zelda, played Mario Kart a bunch on the Wii U and now some on the switch and not really digging Arms.

I can get $265 for the system trading it into gamestop but do you guys think I could still sell it and get the price I paid for it back even through its used?
Might as well keep it- at best you'll get a game and system for 300+tax so you will be spending 60-100 bucks when you rebuy it

What would you consider selling it for with Zelda and Mario Kart and what condition is it in?

Splatoon 2?

I thought about doing that too but after I've already spent the money I feel like I might as well keep it.

You might as well. Im not buying any new games until Mario. I only have puyo/tetris and Zelda. I didn't like the arms beta and didn't like splatoon on wii u. I can see a Mario special edition console happening this fall.

These can't seriously still be in short supply? Our local walmart has had 5-6 constantly in stock for the last 3 or 4 weeks now.

These can't seriously still be in short supply? Our local walmart has had 5-6 constantly in stock for the last 3 or 4 weeks now.
Online they are, and if you live in a big city, they disappear real quick.

If you live in a rural area they seem to be sitting around for a day or two and then being sold

Anecdotal evidence etc

If you live in a rural area they seem to be sitting around for a day or two and then being sold

Anecdotal evidence etc
I'll have to ask them at our store how many they've sold of late.. I suspect the same ones have been just sitting there for the last month.

I'll have to ask them at our store how many they've sold of late.. I suspect the same ones have been just sitting there for the last month.
My best buy insider told me today that his store had been getting around a dozen switch consoles every week and they usually last a few days. I know 12 isn't a lot but he says they are at least consistent weekly. Oddly enough he said they didn't get any gray in the whole month of June only neons. His store is in a very busy part of a big city btw.

I was just in johnson city TN for a motocross race and target had 3 in stock and best buy had 1. I almost bought them to resell on ebay but there really wasn't enough margin after tax and fees/shipping to make it worth my time.

I finally was able to snag a Neon switch thanks to istocknow.  Thanks for the help guys.  Now I'm just waiting for the Botw game I bought off Ebay for $13

Anecdotal evidence etc
Yea my theory has proved false. I totally expected to see the Switch everywhere by now. Still can hardly find one at the local stores/mall. Guess it's still in high demand. I voted with my wallet when I could. Hope this keeps the momentum.

GameStop has decided to no longer sell bundles on it's own website, and is instead pushing people to ThinkGeek where they have a bunch of different bundles paired with varying amounts of overpriced Zelda merch.

Yea my theory has proved false. I totally expected to see the Switch everywhere by now. Still can hardly find one at the local stores/mall. Guess it's still in high demand. I voted with my wallet when I could. Hope this keeps the momentum.
I think E3 did it. I cancelled my Switch preorder, but after seeing those announcements I was thinking it seems like they are actually paying attention to fans, time to vote with my wallet, and bought one a few days later. Could be a fluke since big N is so bizarre, but hopefully the sales stay strong so we don't have another Vita.

Anyone else think some of these foreign companies need to hire some better translators? I've been looking at switch cases......
A company named idudu US is selling one of the knock off switch cases on Amazon.

Did anyone else order one of those Gamestop bundles that were supposed to ship by the 30th? Mine still hasn't been marked as shipped yet. Just wondering if something's up.

Did anyone else order one of those Gamestop bundles that were supposed to ship by the 30th? Mine still hasn't been marked as shipped yet. Just wondering if something's up.
Sounds like GameStop. I had literally everything I ordered on black Friday delivered before GameStop even shipped the one thing I bought there.

So, after thinking about it, I decided to go Switch hunting starting at the end of the month. What advice can you guys give?
Well in terms of recent trends for different retailers, Target has generally been releasing stock as they get it. So your best bet when shopping at Target is to really visit them as often as possible.

From what I've read here and seen, Best Buy seems to usually release stock on Sundays. They also seem to save stock for big releases. So with Splatoon 2 releasing on the 21st, I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy released a bunch of consoles that following Sunday, on the 23rd.

GameStop seems to be the most difficult place to buy a console in-store. They've really been pushing bundles online though. Some are decent and you might have to pay for a game at MSRP and buy a case, others are a real rip-off and have microSD cards priced $20+ than other retailers. Either way, these bundles have been selling out pretty regularly.

Amazon has been noticeably absent when it comes to re-stocking recently. I haven't heard/seen anything about them getting new consoles in over a month.

Outside of those retailers, Walmart has been sporadically getting consoles in online and in-store, sometimes offering bundles online and sometimes allowing people to get just the console itself.

Anything outside of the big retailers is going to be region specific stores like Meijer, Fry's, etc. and those are a lot harder to keep up with.

TL;DR: Just pay attention to this thread when you're ready to start hunting. Shit changes and none of this might be relevant later this month.

So, after thinking about it, I decided to go Switch hunting starting at the end of the month. What advice can you guys give?
Whenever the switch is featured in the weekly ad, Best Buy seems to hold their inventory for Sunday. That is how I was able to get one last weekend. I showed up 5 minutes before opening, and was like the 9th person to show up. They had a total of around 20 switches. So you may have the best luck waiting for it to be featured in the ad again (probably around Splatoon 2 release as some others have mentioned).

You might also try this inventory tracker that suicidalswan posted:

Try http://www.istocknow.com/live/ I used this on Saturday and found a switch at Wal-Mart.

Well in terms of recent trends for different retailers, Target has generally been releasing stock as they get it. So your best bet when shopping at Target is to really visit them as often as possible.

From what I've read here and seen, Best Buy seems to usually release stock on Sundays. They also seem to save stock for big releases. So with Splatoon 2 releasing on the 21st, I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy released a bunch of consoles that following Sunday, on the 23rd.
Best Buy holding them for Sunday is part of their agreement with Nintendo. It's also probably the reason most stores get a 20+ console restock so often.

When Arms came out they were all sold on Sunday and none were available for that Friday. Splatoon 2 might be a big enough release they will send more midweek to hold for Friday but who knows.

This switch shortage is ridiculous. The only place around me that ever gets any in stock is 3-5 at a time at my local Wal-Mart. No other store around me has had a shipment for months. I called the local Best Buy today asking if they got any in (since it's in the ad) and they basically said they haven't even seen one. I'm guessing they got one shipment at some point where every employee had their pick and that was it but how can they not be dispersing these consoles to more areas? When I look at the map of what's around it's mostly in bigger cities with next to nothing in the surrounding areas.... sorry just needed to vent lol

This switch shortage is ridiculous. The only place around me that ever gets any in stock is 3-5 at a time at my local Wal-Mart. No other store around me has had a shipment for months. I called the local Best Buy today asking if they got any in (since it's in the ad) and they basically said they haven't even seen one. I'm guessing they got one shipment at some point where every employee had their pick and that was it but how can they not be dispersing these consoles to more areas? When I look at the map of what's around it's mostly in bigger cities with next to nothing in the surrounding areas.... sorry just needed to vent lol
My Target gets a few once every week or 2 but neither of my Wal-Mart's have had any in at least a month.

If you really want one offer someone an extra $20 to grab one who is in a region where they are plentiful? Might be an idea.

Making a phone call to Best Buy is very unlikely to work. You will likely get someone that doesn't know any information. When the rep says "we" they could truly mean "I". Also, if something is advertised in their ad or it's a Sunday, you would want to be there EARLY, not after they open.

Random Best Buy ask at customer service, sometimes Walmart but check brickseek first as it's been accurate lately.

bread's done
Back