Nintendo Switch OLED Re-stock Thread

sixspeednissan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
GameStop
White
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-with-white-joy-con/11149258.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Wario64&utm_campaign=2&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=0wLgH49VWzI-Yv3gl8RPfiPdNGuwlmrM6Q
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-with-blue-and-red-joy-con/11149259.html?condition=New

Best Buy
White
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-oled-model-w-white-joy-con-white/6470923.p?skuId=6470923
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-oled-model-w-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con-neon-red-neon-blue/6470924.p?skuId=6470924

B&H
White
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1651115-REG/nintendo_hegskaaaa_switch_oled_model_with.html
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1651116-REG/nintendo_hegskabaa_switch_oled_model_with.html

Target
White
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-model-with-white-joy-con/-/A-83887639

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-model-with-neon-red-38-neon-blue-joy-con/-/A-83887640

Amazon

White

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-White-Joy/dp/B098RKWHHZ/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=switch+oled&qid=1635374309&qsid=140-0007353-8667779&sr=8-7&sres=B09F9Y884N%2CB09HL18GFF%2CB09JMN23X3%2CB09JSJ2M38%2CB098RKWHHZ%2CB098RL6SBJ%2CB09B1L53CB%2CB09B4MJ9H3%2CB084DDDNRP%2CB095R5BK6F%2CB09FL8Q6VJ%2CB09HGD739N%2CB09CPTX6NT%2CB09C5RTFRM%2CB099WGZPNS%2CB09CPDPD6V

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-Neon-Joy/dp/B098RL6SBJ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=switch+oled&qid=1635374309&qsid=140-0007353-8667779&sr=8-8&sres=B09F9Y884N%2CB09HL18GFF%2CB09JMN23X3%2CB09JSJ2M38%2CB098RKWHHZ%2CB098RL6SBJ%2CB09B1L53CB%2CB09B4MJ9H3%2CB084DDDNRP%2CB095R5BK6F%2CB09FL8Q6VJ%2CB09HGD739N%2CB09CPTX6NT%2CB09C5RTFRM%2CB099WGZPNS%2CB09CPDPD6V

Walmart

White

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-w-White-Joy-Con/910582148

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-w-Neon-Red-Neon-Blue-Joy-Con/787152679

Nintendo Official Store

White

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white-set.html

Neon Blue/Red

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-oled-model-neon-blue-neon-red-set.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked mine up at GS yesterday (no preorder, just got lucky driving by a store while out shopping) and traded in my v2 after 2 hours, had to take it home, do the xfer, run the animal crossing tool to xfer islands, etc.  Looks and works great, wouldn't have upgraded at all honestly if Gamestop wasn't giving $260 (!!) for a 2 year old switch.  Its nice, between the extra USB port, oled screen, white joycons, etc I feel I got my moneys worth but its hardly a big change.

Gamestops around me have tons of inventory, when I did the trade the SL said they just got more that day and still haven't processed it.  If you want one, maybe just go in at open to a few gamestops and try your luck.  The $260 trade value should still be good today, but Gamestop does to end to end promos on saturdays so today may be the last day to get $260.

My Target order got “lost” by Fedex. Got a refund.

Fortunately a local GameStop had it. Worked out well in the end, since I had bunch of Gamestop credit
I'm willing to bet it will just show up at some point. I've had like a dozen FedEx packages show up over a week late. I've just stopped complaining about it to target or wherever at this point since it is basically the norm with them now.

I'm willing to bet it will just show up at some point. I've had like a dozen FedEx packages show up over a week late. I've just stopped complaining about it to target or wherever at this point since it is basically the norm with them now.

For me walmart sends everything by fedex and this happens. Stuff jist shows up then after I get it ill get shipping and delivery emails all at once.

I had delays from Fedex in past, but no movement on tracking for a week was new

Apparently they were supposed to hand this over to USPS which never happened.

Target rep said that neither party has the package at this point. Am sure Target will be filing a claim with Fedex

I had delays from Fedex in past, but no movement on tracking for a week was new
Apparently they were supposed to hand this over to USPS which never happened.
Target rep said that neither party has the package at this point. Am sure Target will be filing a claim with Fedex
Apparently the FedEx sort facility in my city is at like 60% for staffing so they are way behind and a lot of my orders just show "delayed" while being in my city for a week+. It was funny, the other day I finally had one show on truck for delivery. At about 11am, I literally watched the FedEx truck drive by my house and I thought to myself that's odd, there must be multiple trucks for my neighborhood. Checked the tracking like a half hour later and it showed "business closed, unable to deliver". That was beyond frustrating.

Apparently the FedEx sort facility in my city is at like 60% for staffing so they are way behind and a lot of my orders just show "delayed" while being in my city for a week+. It was funny, the other day I finally had one show on truck for delivery. At about 11am, I literally watched the FedEx truck drive by my house and I thought to myself that's odd, there must be multiple trucks for my neighborhood. Checked the tracking like a half hour later and it showed "business closed, unable to deliver". That was beyond frustrating.
Just making sure, but I'm guessing house right and not a business?

I got one yesterday from Gamestop didn’t have a chance to open and set it up until today and the screen is cracked. FML. I’m guessing it’s going to be more common since the screen is glass this time. Open your boxes in store if you can go check before you get home. Hopefully I can find another soon.

Damn, I got two I wasn't planning on opening for a couple months since they're Christmas gifts. Between cracked screens, smeared lighting, and dead pixels, y'all got me paranoid :(

its not even sealed

you can just open it and close it
Yeah when I returned it to GameStop the girl returning it was about to open it and I let her know that I didn't open it at all and she asked her manager about it being sealed and he was like "yeah they aren't sealed". I didn't want them to open it and not be able to resell it lol. Strange there is no sticker or anything.

Yeah when I returned it to GameStop the girl returning it was about to open it and I let her know that I didn't open it at all and she asked her manager about it being sealed and he was like "yeah they aren't sealed". I didn't want them to open it and not be able to resell it lol. Strange there is no sticker or anything.
Lol.... Back when the Wii-U launched, I returned a brand new, un-open Wii-U to Bestbuy. The little nice young girl took it out of the box and removed everything from the packaging/protective foams to inspect for damage.

2mins later was told I couldn't return it because item was opened.. :whee: .... told the nice little girl she was the one who just opened it, got my refund w/o much hassle but wow... What an experience... should have attended community college instead of taking a minimum wage job at Bestbuy, would have done wonders for her brain....

Update on my walmart preorder back in July, chatted with a rep a couple of days ago and he told me not worry that my “delay,” would be fixed and my order will placed once they have located the inventory. Don’t have much confidence in that and as of this morning my order still showing delayed.
As of this morning, my order still showing delayed; however, it has a FedEx tracking number showing that it’s scheduled to be delivered this Tuesday. Also, received an email from walmart with the same information. I think the overall supply chain issue across the world is effecting everything from bananas to to OLED Switches...the world we live in now...

YMMV Just saw OLED in store at Walmart. Easley, SC.[attachment=36231:20211017_123930.jpg]

YMMV Just saw OLED in store at Walmart. Easley, SC. 20211017_123930.jpg
Do you know if they showing up on their website as being in stock at the store or are they showing out of stock but they are actually in stock? (If anyone that has found them in store can answer this it would be appreciated)

Curious to see if it’s worth calling the local Walmarts.

Gotcha, brickseek has been awful lately where I live, it’s pretty much a 50/50 chance it is correct the last few months I’ve used it.
That's more an issue with your local store(s) than Brickseek. It just reports what the website reports as in stock, they don't have a special hook into Target's system. Employees might not have checked in stock, or moved it out to the floor, might have stock held for customers or whatever else they have to do to keep inventory numbers up to date. Not much you can do about it.

As nice as the screen upgrade is, I can not justify buying the OLED. I play 95% in docked mode on my 65" tv. I really want a more powerful Switch to release. C'mon Nintendo!

As nice as the screen upgrade is, I can not justify buying the OLED. I play 95% in docked mode on my 65" tv. I really want a more powerful Switch to release. C'mon Nintendo!
i justified upgrading this way

1. it "only" cost me $89+tax to trade in my 2 year old switch and get a new white oled switch, and it was $89 in trade credit which I easily made by earlier trading in extra games, contrrollers, and extra ps4 pro during the 50% trade. what else am i gonna buy, new games mostly suck lol

2. a switch 2 is at LEAST one year out. The rumors of a new switch started circulating last year, got more firm by mid year, and it was announced in July and started selling in October (so 3 month wait). Current rumors say a new switch model is likely going to target holiday 2022, even thats probably being optimistic so realistically 2023.

Thats at least 1 year, for $100 its a no brainer to upgrade to the latest and have a new warranty, and the OLED will be more worth more in trade value when a new switch model is out. At this point there is pretty much a zero percent chance a new switch model comes out for at least 9 months.

i justified upgrading this way

for $100 its a no brainer to upgrade to the latest and have a new warranty, and the OLED will be more worth more in trade value when a new switch model is out.
Its also replacing all three batteries in your device (tablet and both controllers), and giving you brand new joycons.

I've been trying to talk my kid into letting me upgrade his Switch to an OLED but he's become weirdly attached to it... Kids...

My $299 Switch OLED neon that was ordered from Walmart is "Out for Delivery". I sold my Switch earlier this year for $300, so free upgrade.

Looking forward to seeing how the oled screen looks.  Double the storage (64gb) is better than no upgrade but obviously more would have been nicer.  And the reason to upgrade is of course...... the improved :D/ kickstand. :D/

This is my thinking too. #1 Improved kickstand.

#2: if I can get $150 for my lite on offer up, I also have to replace the joycons I traded in. So basically gonna pay $130 plus tax of around $35.

$165 for OLED. New warranty. New battery.

The only thing holding me back is I like the lites form factor even if the screen isn’t very nice.

If there was a switch lite OLED I woulda bought it lol.

Ima firm believer in there’s no such thing as a switch pro.

Someone commented way back on being disappointed that the older Switch's price wasn't being discounted.  My thinking is Nintendo didn't want to lower the price so they set the OLED version at $350, making the previous one the cheaper alternative without discounting it.  When stock for the old one sell out, then they'll lower the price of the OLEDs to $300.  That's my believe.

Someone commented way back on being disappointed that the older Switch's price wasn't being discounted. My thinking is Nintendo didn't want to lower the price so they set the OLED version at $350, making the previous one the cheaper alternative without discounting it. When stock for the old one sell out, then they'll lower the price of the OLEDs to $300. That's my believe.
The market will bear $350 for now so no need to lower the price. Their first step is a pack-in game. You won’t see a price reduction till BF 2022 at the earliest.

The market will bear $350 for now so no need to lower the price. Their first step is a pack-in game. You won’t see a price reduction till BF 2022 at the earliest.
They'll sell out the old ones this holiday, then around March the OLEDs will drop to $300.

They'll sell out the old ones this holiday, then around March the OLEDs will drop to $300.
Nintendo will not lower the price of the OLED to $300 by March. You have more chance that all of the scalpers decide to sell them for that price than you have of Nintendo dropping the retail price down any amount.

Nintendo will not lower the price of the OLED to $300 by March. You have more chance that all of the scalpers decide to sell them for that price than you have of Nintendo dropping the retail price down any amount.
I understand why you and anyone that would think that. But I disagree, they will drop to $300 by March.

they didnt drop msrp on the switch ever
why would they make a new model and immediatly drop the price when its still selling out and will continue to

for fun?

I'll see you optimism with my pessimism. This is coming from the company the just added $40 for Online "expansion," to play a handful of N64, Genesis games, and Animal Crossing DLC.
The NES/SNES Classic consoles sold out every year they offered them. Realistically, there's a market for this expensive nostalgia even if we aren't the buyers.

This is my thinking too. #1 Improved kickstand.

#2: if I can get $150 for my lite on offer up, I also have to replace the joycons I traded in. So basically gonna pay $130 plus tax of around $35.

$165 for OLED. New warranty. New battery.

The only thing holding me back is I like the lites form factor even if the screen isn’t very nice.
My ideal Switch is a Switch Lite with a bigger screen(preferably OLED) that can be docked. The form factor is fantastic especially in the flip case. Could easily fit a 6+ inch screen if they removed the bezels and I’m sure they could fit USB C out within the current Switch Lite casing.

The NES/SNES Classic consoles sold out every year they offered them. Realistically, there's a market for this expensive nostalgia even if we aren't the buyers.
I too was one of the many who bought the classic consoles when they released. At least with the classic consoles there is flexibility to add games of your choice (even if Nintendo frowns upon it) that made the mini classic worth the cost. Bottom line...its Nintendo, there's a premium and they know people will pay for it. As a collector I want it, but as a CAG It will be rare occasion to have any mark downs on 1st party hardware.

Anyone else have minor imperfections on the glossy part of their OLED case? Noticed a couple little random bumps on mine. I'd probably have swapped it out if they weren't so hard to find in addition to having the screen protector perfectly placed.

bread's done
Back