Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Try and ask your store about how many units they'll have extra. You might have some luck and get info, but maybe not. Check if they're doing a midnight launch, get there early and ask employees how the line system works for the extra consoles and just hang out.

For morning launch, as early as you're willing to wake up.
The last Best Buy console launch I did was for the 360. Went to the midnight launch and they allocated 30 for the evening and 30 for the morning.... I got there at 8pm. Didn't get one at midnight and a TON of people left. I stayed, along with a few others and there were 7 of us until 3am when more people started showing up.

Tonyxvx has a great idea.... if you can get a # of consoles, you could possibly figure out if you will get a midnight system or not.

Binding of Isaac delay is official, pretty bummed out since it was the only other game I was for sure buying at launch. Added a 20 page color instruction book, and an additional Isaac sticker because of the extra delay.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/20/14676534/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-delay-nintendo-switch

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_01_1920.png

The pictures of the instruction book looks great, a throwback to the Zelda instructions on NES.

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_02_1280.png

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_03_2880.jpg

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_04_2880.jpg

I'm bummed about the delay, but the new goodies are cool, and I'm sure I'll be plenty busy with zelda till Isaac drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy I pre-ordered that now. I liked the alternate cover, but I didn't know if the game was actually worth pre-ordering just for that + stickers.
That manual makes it worth it. I love reading paper manuals.

So I've found with my wii u I end up playing mostly on the tablet when I am not playing an original wii game. I wish the switch was backwards compatible as that is the only thing holding me back from keeping my pre order since I have a bunch of old games I should play through before I buy a new system. That said I might just keep it anyway...

The only games I pre ordered for Switch are Zelda and 1,2. The more I think about the impulse purchase of 1,2; the more I am concerned that it is not worth that price. Halo Wars 2 arrived today so that and the Classics can keep us entertained until Arms and Splatoon 2. Rediscovering the NES and Super Nintendo games just makes the current and upcoming backlog increase.

The only games I pre ordered for Switch are Zelda and 1,2. The more I think about the impulse purchase of 1,2; the more I am concerned that it is not worth that price. Halo Wars 2 arrived today so that and the Classics can keep us entertained until Arms and Splatoon 2. Rediscovering the NES and Super Nintendo games just makes the current and upcoming backlog increase.
I did Zelda and 1,2 as well. Probably the only reason I am keeping 1,2 is because it was about $30 after visa checkout and I need something till mario kart comes out

My local V-Stock (a regional new/used video game/music/movie/book store) had a sign saying that they will be getting Switches at launch. However, they won't be taking any pre-orders so it will be first come, first serve. 

So clearly it's a crapshoot but what is the best bet at trying to find a system at a Gamestop on launch day without a pre-order?  I was going to wait until the holidays but I did a heavy trade in this weekend with the 50% bonus and it changed my mind.  I prepaid for Zelda, an extra set of Joycons, Isaac and Bomberman and have enough left over for the console itself.   It's great to have the money ready to spend, but it does lock me into GS.

We have 3 GS within a few miles of my work - would it make sense to call them first thing Thursday and see I any of them have consoles above their preorder amount?  If one of them does would I just want to head over and wait as early as I can get out of work?  Might they know before Thursday or is that the day that they'll be getting their systems in?

So clearly it's a crapshoot but what is the best bet at trying to find a system at a Gamestop on launch day without a pre-order? I was going to wait until the holidays but I did a heavy trade in this weekend with the 50% bonus and it changed my mind. I prepaid for Zelda, an extra set of Joycons, Isaac and Bomberman and have enough left over for the console itself. It's great to have the money ready to spend, but it does lock me into GS.

We have 3 GS within a few miles of my work - would it make sense to call them first thing Thursday and see I any of them have consoles above their preorder amount? If one of them does would I just want to head over and wait as early as I can get out of work? Might they know before Thursday or is that the day that they'll be getting their systems in?
There's probably a sign on the front door already saying if they will have any available. I know the stores in my area have the signs up. You're going to have to go somewhere like Target and wait in line overnight if you want one.

your best bet since you did not pre order is take it slow nentendo is hyping this up so they will be sold out but they plan on releasing Console at a steady rate they want it to sell.

scalpers want make a quick buck will also be fighting you for that random stock till the market stabilizes, so stay vigilante but don't buy into the hype it not going anywhere. you be able to enjoy it for years to come kick back an enjoy the ride. 

Oh, I'm in no massive rush.  The store credit is there when I need it so if it takes a month to find a console that's fine.  My hope is that this one shouldn't be as hard to find as the NES mini or even the Wii was as this doesn't have quite the massive word of mouth pre-hype that those had.  Do stores actually have a legit, solid count at this point to know exactly what they're going to have or is it likely that they won't even know until closer to launch day?

your best bet since you did not pre order is take it slow nentendo is hyping this up so they will be sold out but they plan on releasing Console at a steady rate they want it to sell.

scalpers want make a quick buck will also be fighting you for that random stock till the market stabilizes, so stay vigilante but don't buy into the hype it not going anywhere. you be able to enjoy it for years to come kick back an enjoy the ride.
or buy them off people who is just loooking to flip credit to cash

so guessing the dragon quest heroes has been pushed to 2018 or later since its not even showing 2017

so just zelda and a bunch of crap

LAUNCH DAY
  • 1-2-Switch
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Skylanders Imaginators
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Super Bomberman R
  • I Am Setsuna
  • World of Goo
  • Little Inferno
  • Human Resource Machine

Oh, I'm in no massive rush. The store credit is there when I need it so if it takes a month to find a console that's fine. My hope is that this one shouldn't be as hard to find as the NES mini or even the Wii was as this doesn't have quite the massive word of mouth pre-hype that those had. Do stores actually have a legit, solid count at this point to know exactly what they're going to have or is it likely that they won't even know until closer to launch day?
They usually won't know until at least a week beforehand in my experience. As with Best Buy, ask your Gamestop stores this coming Friday if they'll have extra units, and if they're doing a midnight launch or not. Show up early and hope for the best.

is it worth  an extra 50 to get a  2 year warranty from best buy...  i think if you use  your credit card it be 2 years anyways right  (double man.warranty...

with all of these changing parts though i  could see it breaking easy

Oh, I'm in no massive rush. The store credit is there when I need it so if it takes a month to find a console that's fine. My hope is that this one shouldn't be as hard to find as the NES mini or even the Wii was as this doesn't have quite the massive word of mouth pre-hype that those had. Do stores actually have a legit, solid count at this point to know exactly what they're going to have or is it likely that they won't even know until closer to launch day?
The guy at my local GameStop seemed pretty confident that they were getting extras, but he didn't really know for sure. They may know something Friday, early next week or when they get it in stock.

Your best bet is to just talk to the guys at your store and see if they know anything.

or buy them off people who is just loooking to flip credit to cash

so guessing the dragon quest heroes has been pushed to 2018 or later since its not even showing 2017

so just zelda and a bunch of crap

LAUNCH DAY
  • 1-2-Switch
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Skylanders Imaginators
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Super Bomberman R
  • I Am Setsuna
  • World of Goo
  • Little Inferno
  • Human Resource Machine
But they are releasing solid games steadily after launch

Examples of Spring Releases (March through May - doesn't include launch titles)

Arms

Binding of Isaac

Mario Kart 8

Disgaea 5

Red Out

Rime (trailer looks interesting)

Lego City Undercover

Shovel Knight (gets timed exclusive content first)

Fast RMX

Has Been Heroes

Snipperclips

Sonic Mania

Then in Summer you have releases like Splatoon 2 to kick things off

epona isn't in it at all, apparently
Aonuma actually confirmed that she is, which is good. Hopefully she is un-killable.

"Aonuma also told IGN that Epona is in Breath of the Wild but he declined to share more details about where she's located or anything else. 'As for Epona, she's in Breath of the Wild, but I do not want to reveal details about how to find her, or what that means,' he said."

Aonuma actually confirmed that she is, which is good. Hopefully she is un-killable.

"Aonuma also told IGN that Epona is in Breath of the Wild but he declined to share more details about where she's located or anything else. 'As for Epona, she's in Breath of the Wild, but I do not want to reveal details about how to find her, or what that means,' he said."
hm, I just read the feature in the new Game Informer which said there's no Epona and no invulnerable weapons, likely meaning no Master Sword (at least an equippable) which seemed really weird

I thought they had said in the past that there are a few weapons that won't break

But they are releasing solid games steadily after launch

Examples of Spring Releases (March through May - doesn't include launch titles)

Arms

Binding of Isaac

Mario Kart 8

Disgaea 5

Red Out

Rime (trailer looks interesting)

Lego City Undercover

Shovel Knight (gets timed exclusive content first)

Fast RMX

Has Been Heroes

Snipperclips

Sonic Mania

Then in Summer you have releases like Splatoon 2 to kick things off
wonder how bad has been is.. 19.99 sounds dirt cheap its the only game i got ordered... looking to rent disagea

Is it worth it to put a pre order in now for Zelda physical and a pro controller even though I'm not sure if I will be able to get a console at launch?

I'm still waiting/hoping for a restock of the neon controller combo at Gamestop. Is there a good chance that accessories will be readily available at stores on launch day? I haven't bought anything at launch since the Wii in store so I didn't know if the online stock was indicative of what to expect on launch day.

I'm still waiting/hoping for a restock of the neon controller combo at Gamestop. Is there a good chance that accessories will be readily available at stores on launch day? I haven't bought anything at launch since the Wii in store so I didn't know if the online stock was indicative of what to expect on launch day.
My GameStop said they would have a bunch of accessories for launch but did not have specifics

Rime is a chill puzzle solving game. If you want something to unwind I'd recommend it.

Has Been Heroes sucks IMO. I probably have that opinion because I was thrown into it with just a small sheet of paper of "controls" but it was a horrible experience. Nothing was intuitive.

Bomberman R is sold out at Best Buy as of now.
Not completely surprising after so many Visa Checkout promos lol

I finally placed mine during the last one. I was glad to hear Tonyxvx report on Bomberman R--convinced me to keep my preorder.

Sure, the cheapass in me wishes the MSRP would've been $39.99 so I could've gotten it even cheaper. But 31.99 total ain't bad for a fun couch co-op game like Bomberman. Not bad at all.

Right now, it's Bomberman, not a new LoZ, that's the determining factor in whether I buy a launch Switch.

Weird turn of events lol

Btw, has anyone here played the more recent Dr. Mario games? I grew up with Dr. Mario on NES and used to love the 2 player vs. mode. Are the modern Dr. Mario games just as fun?

Gamestop "accessories" are all of the crap they push to grandparents, like a controller holder, a third party wrist strap, and a carrying case.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm not a grandparent and still bought a screen protector and carrying case from them. The way I figure it, this is a $300 device I'll likely be taking on car trips and plane rides, so I want to protect it as much as possible. If this thing winds up being another Wii U, I'll be selling it off and want to keep it as pristine as possible for that as well.

But I also traded in a lot of unused items toward a promotion, so I didn't exactly pay full price for these items either.

So clearly it's a crapshoot but what is the best bet at trying to find a system at a Gamestop on launch day without a pre-order? I was going to wait until the holidays but I did a heavy trade in this weekend with the 50% bonus and it changed my mind. I prepaid for Zelda, an extra set of Joycons, Isaac and Bomberman and have enough left over for the console itself. It's great to have the money ready to spend, but it does lock me into GS.

We have 3 GS within a few miles of my work - would it make sense to call them first thing Thursday and see I any of them have consoles above their preorder amount? If one of them does would I just want to head over and wait as early as I can get out of work? Might they know before Thursday or is that the day that they'll be getting their systems in?
It definitely couldn't hurt to call but I wouldn't expect any extras. All the stores around me have been sold out since preorders went up, however, I did overhear at my local store recently that if you don't pick up your preorder by a specific date (I thought I heard Saturday March 4th), they are going to release your preorder. So it might actually be worth calling on the weekend.

VOEZ is coming to the Nintendo Switch

For those who don't know what this game is here's a trailer

[media]https://youtu.be/Bh6gQyJHbxI[/media]
Looks like a DJ Max type game?

I loved the DJ Max Technika arcade machines and psp games.

I'm looking at some gameplay on youtube, I wonder how long till someone makes a breakout hdmi Switch mod that can run both the screen and tv at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapgJJ5kmhE

Not completely surprising after so many Visa Checkout promos lol

I finally placed mine during the last one. I was glad to hear Tonyxvx report on Bomberman R--convinced me to keep my preorder.

Sure, the cheapass in me wishes the MSRP would've been $39.99 so I could've gotten it even cheaper. But 31.99 total ain't bad for a fun couch co-op game like Bomberman. Not bad at all.

Right now, it's Bomberman, not a new LoZ, that's the determining factor in whether I buy a launch Switch.

Weird turn of events lol

Btw, has anyone here played the more recent Dr. Mario games? I grew up with Dr. Mario on NES and used to love the 2 player vs. mode. Are the modern Dr. Mario games just as fun?
It still stings that the Visa Checkout promo was cancelled early. Urg.

Looks like a DJ Max type game?

I loved the DJ Max Technika arcade machines and psp games.

I'm looking at some gameplay on youtube, I wonder how long till someone makes a breakout hdmi Switch mod that can run both the screen and tv at the same time.
My fingers hurt watching this video... as for a breakout cable, that depends on how Nintendo/Nvidia designed the video out on the system. If it'll only shut off the screen when plugged into the dock or shut off the screen when plugged into any compatible video out device.

looks like a djmax game... just not as visually appealing.

fortunately, we have djmax respect coming to the ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veMR2uGih7o

how early should i be at best buy if i don't have a preorder to try and snag one?
Early as possible but be vigilant. I remember back in nov 2006 when the wii released. I was attending anime usa convention in Tyson's corner VA staying in a hotel that was within walking distance of a best buy. That morning I woke up thinking I might go try to nab a wii but decided I could wait. After getting to the anime convention later on that morning I saw a guy who had gotten a wii and he had it there in all it's glory with all sorts of cosplayers beholding it's beauty. At that moment I regretted not getting over to that best buy to try to get one myself. It wasn't until I got back home (650 miles) that I saw on the news there'd been a big incident there that morning (possibly a shooting if memory serves) so guess it's good I didn't go. It was Feb before I got one & it was all chance because walmart had 2 behind the electronics counter & I saw them on the floor when checking out a PS3 & asked if I could buy one and she said yeah. I remember it was a long time after that before they started showing up on shelves.

Anyway, here's a vid I found on youtube of a wii being enjoyed at the convention launch day. Skip up to 2:40 to see the wii stuff. Just think they had to have televisions for the wii. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7N3px84ZY

I'm guessing she's just not ridable, or Zelda has her, or something.

I had been wondering why the Link Nendo doesn't come with Epona, but a generic horse.

Yeah, it's so damn sad! I just know I'm going to spend hours raising a horse and increasing our relationship and its stats and it's going to get killed.
Now that's something I don't like. Nintendo should have made the horses invulnerable like Dogmeat is in Fallout 4.

I know there's going to be some asshole making fun of this, but that's something that will actually bother me if my horsey dies.

bread's done
Back