Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I wish it were getting a physical release on Switch. Might get it on PS4 as a result, but yeah, it looks sweet.
Damn, didn't know it wasn't getting physical release on Switch. First Yooka-Laylee and now this. Now this is another title I'll also have to get on PS4 instead, when I would like to buy it on Switch.

These indie devs are being just as stupid with Nintendo releases as other big name publishers have been been before. Then when they don't sell as well on Nintendo systems they'll act surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, didn't know it wasn't getting physical release on Switch. First Yooka-Laylee and now this. Now this is another title I'll also have to get on PS4 instead, when I would like to buy it on Switch.

These indie devs are being just as stupid with Nintendo releases as other big name publishers have been been before. Then when they don't sell as well on Nintendo systems they'll act surprised.
If they are self publishing, that would be the issue. When you self publish, you get to pay for production of discs/carts/cards. Now mass producing Blu-Rays may have gotten cheaper over the years, but we have no clue how it compares to the cost of producing the Switch cards and many Indies have been able to self publish their games to Xbox Live, PSN, Steam and now the eShop. If it weren't for this, many indie titles would still be PC only, like they have been years before.

Now personally, I would rather have physical games 100% of the time, but that isn't always possible.

Does LRG only do PlayStation games?
They've done a PC game as well, and they have shown interest in MS & "N", but they recently said they gave up on 3DS/Wii U and are now going to try for some NS titles, but it all falls on "N" really.

Sony works with them, and allows for small minimum order qty's, so they can keep the runs small(limited run after-all). "N" always has some dumb shit in place, that makes things hard to do, but if they really want the NS to have the best chances for success, they should work with anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to release games(digital or physical).

LRG gave up on the Wii U? There goes my hope of getting an NA physical edition of Fatal Frame..

Now that's something I don't like. Nintendo should have made the horses invulnerable like Dogmeat is in Fallout 4.

I know there's going to be some asshole making fun of this, but that's something that will actually bother me if my horsey dies.
This bothers me too, and the fact there might actually not be unbreakable weapons. I don't want to survive and craft I just want to beat dungeons and save the kingdom.

Love the art style. Too bad it's 'just' a rhythm game.
Right? That opening was misleading. Thought I was looking at an entirely different game.

Anyone have any thoughts on a travel case for the Switch? I'm heading to Austria for work for two weeks right after launch, so I want to keep this sucker safe from damage and also don't really want a case that screams "Hey, steal me - I'm a Switch!"

I'm leaning towards THIS CASE on Amazon right now even though I don't really see a need for the game cases that come with it.

They've done a PC game as well, and they have shown interest in MS & "N", but they recently said they gave up on 3DS/Wii U and are now going to try for some NS titles, but it all falls on "N" really.

Sony works with them, and allows for small minimum order qty's, so they can keep the runs small(limited run after-all). "N" always has some dumb shit in place, that makes things hard to do, but if they really want the NS to have the best chances for success, they should work with anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to release games(digital or physical).
Well here's to hoping. I want a Switch cart of Yooka Laylee but there is no word from Playtonic if that's going to happen or not. I ordered the PC boxed version and a bonus digital Wii U version. Since Switch version isn't releasing the same day and they cancelled the Wii U, I switched it to a digital PS4 copy. I think the game would work ideally on a Switch though.

No physical release is a no-go for me as well. I'll opt for both games on PS4 likely just so I can have that sweet-sweet physical copy.

your best bet since you did not pre order is take it slow nentendo is hyping this up so they will be sold out but they plan on releasing Console at a steady rate they want it to sell.

scalpers want make a quick buck will also be fighting you for that random stock till the market stabilizes, so stay vigilante but don't buy into the hype it not going anywhere. you be able to enjoy it for years to come kick back an enjoy the ride.
yeah i dont see nintendo ever recreating another Wii that was sold out for seemingly ever.

the Wii U wasnt and nintendo hasnt gained much love in the gaming community since then. and the switch launch line up as zelda which is also playable on the wii u and really not much else. sure stuff comes out later, but the initial launch doesnt have much.

i suspect within 2 weeks time or less the switch will be easily buyable. i'd be shocked if this console has a huge scalper market.

Anyone have any thoughts on a travel case for the Switch? I'm heading to Austria for work for two weeks right after launch, so I want to keep this sucker safe from damage and also don't really want a case that screams "Hey, steal me - I'm a Switch!"

I'm leaning towards THIS CASE on Amazon right now even though I don't really see a need for the game cases that come with it.
Personally I'm getting the messenger bag. It has a small case for when I just want to cart the switch around, or I can throw it and all the accessories into the bag for when I want to go to a bud's house with everything.

Does anyone have experience with Best Buy and release date delivery? I'm a little worried my order from them won't arrive on the 3rd.
They've failed to deliver on release most of the time. Got AC: Amiibo Festival 3 days after release and got an email on release for a Mother Mother CD saying "Sorry you aren't getting this for a month."

On the flipside, I got the LEGO Batman Dimensions set a day early. Wasn't really useful though because I had to download the story DLC and it wasn't on the xbox store.

So it seems my Best Buy store will be getting 110 of the regular grey console with 45 of those going towards preorders. The neon console is showing 0 at the moment with the 10 or so preorders that were made before they turned that sku off. These are just "allocated" amounts right now so its unclear if they are correct. Probably best to wait until next week to started requesting I check how many your store is getting. ;)

is it worth an extra 50 to get a 2 year warranty from best buy... i think if you use your credit card it be 2 years anyways right (double man.warranty...

with all of these changing parts though i could see it breaking easy
Personally, I would say no. Like you said, your credit card should cover you if it has that added feature. The only advantage of bestbuy is they would make it a more hassle free probably instant exchange. But the only console maker I have ever had trouble with over multiple consoles I have owned is microsoft and multiple instances at that.

white 360 RROD (warranty)

slim 360 died for no reason (out of warranty)

xbox one s 1TB (excessive fan rattle brand new)

nes (typical cartridge loading issues)

snes, gc, wii, wiiu - no problems

gameboy, gameboy advance, dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl, new 3ds xl - no problems

ps2, ps3 x 2 - no problems

Binding of Isaac delay is official, pretty bummed out since it was the only other game I was for sure buying at launch. Added a 20 page color instruction book, and an additional Isaac sticker because of the extra delay.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/20/14676534/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-delay-nintendo-switch

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_01_1920.png

The pictures of the instruction book looks great, a throwback to the Zelda instructions on NES.

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_02_1280.png

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_03_2880.jpg

the_binding_of_isaac_afterbirth_switch_04_2880.jpg

I'm bummed about the delay, but the new goodies are cool, and I'm sure I'll be plenty busy with zelda till Isaac drops.
I really debated preordering isaac during the visa promo (since I already ordered almost everything else), and the booklet may have swayed me (a non-paper item like a coin or figure definitely would have), but could never pull the trigger because that game just screams that it will hit sub $15 or $10 on eshop or somewhere soon enough. The other versions have already had massive discounts.

So it seems my Best Buy store will be getting 110 of the regular grey console with 45 of those going towards preorders. The neon console is showing 0 at the moment with the 10 or so preorders that were made before they turned that sku off. These are just "allocated" amounts right now so its unclear if they are correct. Probably best to wait until next week to started requesting I check how many your store is getting. ;)
Wow. That is a fuck load of new systems.

I seriously wonder how many people are going to be lining up for these on launch day. It's not going to be full lines like it always was for $13 amiibos or a $60 NES mini. If his store receives that many then these things are going to be easily available.

I really debated preordering isaac during the visa promo (since I already ordered almost everything else), and the booklet may have swayed me (a non-paper item like a coin or figure definitely would have), but could never pull the trigger because that game just screams that it will hit sub $15 or $10 on eshop or somewhere soon enough. The other versions have already had massive discounts.
They've all received pretty big discounts across consoles, but never all at the same time from what I've seen. Base game is $15, Afterbirth is $11, and AB+ is $10, so getting all that in a physical cartridge for $6 less is a good deal imo, especially with GCU/Prime on top of that or stacking it with the Visa checkout promo.

The stickers sold me on it, especially since physical Isaac merch is pretty rare and I'm a diehard fan since the original. It's sad, I've gotten this game on PC, Ps4, Vita, 3DS, and xbone. Didn't think twice about buying it again.

LRG gave up on the Wii U? There goes my hope of getting an NA physical edition of Fatal Frame..
Well, I don't think they gave up, as much as just never started with the Wii U. There where only maybe 1-2 titles they wanted to do, and Fatal Frame was one I believe. It was a no go, and since the system is all but over, I guess the effort for Wii U titles was a lost cause.

Here's the article where they discuss dropping the 3DS in favor of the NS, but nothing is concrete yet, so don't get to excited.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/limited-run-s-josh-fairhurst-on-nintendo-switch-ps-vita-and-the-discovery-problem-of-digital-distrib-1650080

i suspect within 2 weeks time or less the switch will be easily buyable. i'd be shocked if this console has a huge scalper market.
I'm thinking the same thing. Unless "N" just does some off the wall shortage scheme, which I've never believed they have done on purpose, I'm thinking the NS should be available rather soon in regards to inventory as well. It's March after all, and not the holidays, and given the best game available can be bought and played elsewhere, there is no "must have" reason to get the NS, except for the early adopters.

Personally, I would say no. Like you said, your credit card should cover you if it has that added feature. The only advantage of bestbuy is they would make it a more hassle free probably instant exchange. But the only console maker I have ever had trouble with over multiple consoles I have owned is microsoft and multiple instances at that.
BB used to have an excellent exchange repair program years ago, but it ended, and I don't think it ever came back. They used to offer it, and it covered everything, and the sales people would even say if a new model comes out, you could exchange it for the new one. If you brought it in, they would take it no matter what.

I had their warranty for my OG 360, and once the slim arrived, my warranty was due to expire, so I was able to exchange my 360, no questions asked for the slim. Around that time, or a little before maybe, they changed the plan, and I don't know what it covers exactly, but you have to bring it in and have it mailed someplace to confirm the problems, and I don't believe they exchange for products anymore, they will just repair your system. It may take weeks, or months.

I'm sure there is some info online in regards to their warranty service, but it's not like it was years ago, and it changed for the worse.

I wonder what the odds are that Nintendo might make a usb disc drive that will plug into the switch dock & play wii & wii u games? I'd probably guess 0% chance. Then again they still have a lot of Wii U software out there & it's odd they pulled Wii U's off the shelves. I half expect something. I think a WiiCuUbe would be pretty cool.

Well, I don't think they gave up, as much as just never started with the Wii U. There where only maybe 1-2 titles they wanted to do, and Fatal Frame was one I believe. It was a no go, and since the system is all but over, I guess the effort for Wii U titles was a lost cause.

Here's the article where they discuss dropping the 3DS in favor of the NS, but nothing is concrete yet, so don't get to excited.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/features/limited-run-s-josh-fairhurst-on-nintendo-switch-ps-vita-and-the-discovery-problem-of-digital-distrib-1650080

I'm thinking the same thing. Unless "N" just does some off the wall shortage scheme, which I've never believed they have done on purpose, I'm thinking the NS should be available rather soon in regards to inventory as well. It's March after all, and not the holidays, and given the best game available can be bought and played elsewhere, there is no "must have" reason to get the NS, except for the early adopters.

BB used to have an excellent exchange repair program years ago, but it ended, and I don't think it ever came back. They used to offer it, and it covered everything, and the sales people would even say if a new model comes out, you could exchange it for the new one. If you brought it in, they would take it no matter what.

I had their warranty for my OG 360, and once the slim arrived, my warranty was due to expire, so I was able to exchange my 360, no questions asked for the slim. Around that time, or a little before maybe, they changed the plan, and I don't know what it covers exactly, but you have to bring it in and have it mailed someplace to confirm the problems, and I don't believe they exchange for products anymore, they will just repair your system. It may take weeks, or months.

I'm sure there is some info online in regards to their warranty service, but it's not like it was years ago, and it changed for the worse.
So the service plan at Best Buy is not bad really. Covers accidental which is nice and turn around time is 3 days. They send off the console and you are sent a refurb one.

The accidental on the joycons is what I'm buying it for mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

received a gamestop email

They will be charging for the Switches on 2/25

If you want day release day delivery to email them and let them know before then. 

white 360 RROD (warranty)

slim 360 died for no reason (out of warranty)

xbox one s 1TB (excessive fan rattle brand new)

nes (typical cartridge loading issues)

snes, gc, wii, wiiu - no problems

gameboy, gameboy advance, dsi, 3ds, 3ds xl, new 3ds xl - no problems

ps2, ps3 x 2 - no problems
Then you have been lucky...While my Nintendo console experiences have been identical, I went through 3 PS2 systems (DVD drive issues, units were kept clean with plenty of airflow) and 2 PS3 units (my launch ps3 needs a reball/chips resoldered as a reflow doesn't work, and found a ps3 slim for the same price of a reball service) Only had 1 issue with all my xboxes (rrod on launch 360 console, replacement still in use)

At least the PS2's got some life after the PS2 HDD and free McBoot was released, but sony has had the worst track record for my.. I expect the switch to outlive my gamecube, Wii and Wii u since there is no mechanical drive to worry about.

So the service plan at Best Buy is not bad really. Covers accidental which is nice and turn around time is 3 days. They send off the console and you are sent a refurb one.

The accidental on the joycons is what I'm buying it for mainly.
That's not bad I guess, but what is the condition of the refurbs offered? My systems are often in perfect shape, and most places that offered refurbished items, the condition can vary greatly. If it's an official "N" refurb product, it should be pretty good, but if it's coming from who knows where, that may be a cause for concern.

I wonder what the odds are that Nintendo might make a usb disc drive that will plug into the switch dock & play wii & wii u games? I'd probably guess 0% chance. Then again they still have a lot of Wii U software out there & it's odd they pulled Wii U's off the shelves. I half expect something. I think a WiiCuUbe would be pretty cool.
When they revealed the motion control functionality of the Joy Cons, the first thing I thought was Wii games. I don't really see the point in that technology if that is not their intention.

That's not bad I guess, but what is the condition of the refurbs offered? My systems are often in perfect shape, and most places that offered refurbished items, the condition can vary greatly. If it's an official "N" refurb product, it should be pretty good, but if it's coming from who knows where, that may be a cause for concern.
I used it with my 360 and it worked and played fine until I traded it in. For controllers sometimes you can convince management to let you swap it out in store instead of shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never used amazon for a same day delivery on a console release, when should I expect them to start charging items to my card?

When they revealed the motion control functionality of the Joy Cons, the first thing I thought was Wii games. I don't really see the point in that technology if that is not their intention.
The motion control is one thing. But one of the other elements of the original Wiimote was the "pointer" functionality using IR sensors.

Of course, it was revealed that one of the two Joycons will in fact have a type of IR sensor on the end of it. With that in place, the two Joycons together could possibly behave identically to a Wiimote-nunchuck pairing. The lack of an IR sensor bar is really the only issue at that point. And adding a USB-powered sensor bar to the dock would be child's play.

So yeah, it's entirely possible that we will see some Virtual Console backwards compatibility with the Wii. I don't think we'll ever see Wii-U backwards compatible titles, thanks to the lack of second-screen functionality. But thanks to some of the Joycon-Wiimote parallels, I think Wii support on the Virtual console is possible/likely.

Never used amazon for a same day delivery on a console release, when should I expect them to start charging items to my card?
Amazon is showing that my order "should" ship March 1st.... So my guess is that they will probably charge between the 27th and 1st. Now I'm curious about arrival time, as the last launch console I ordered from them, the Xbox One, arrived a day early, which was AWESOME.

Can't wait for the "omg my Switch hasn't shipped yet!" posts.
I definitely see that happening

Hey guys i just wanna make a quick post that my store is receiving a generous amount of consoles more than twice the amount pre ordered. So be sure to check out Best Buys midnight release if you havent pre ordered!

looks like a djmax game... just not as visually appealing.

fortunately, we have djmax respect coming to the ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veMR2uGih7o
My fingers hurt watching this video... as for a breakout cable, that depends on how Nintendo/Nvidia designed the video out on the system. If it'll only shut off the screen when plugged into the dock or shut off the screen when plugged into any compatible video out device.
Well that is under advertised, glad I kept my ps4 now.

The only reason why I would want a Switch version to get something similar to this

oiWDj8e.jpg

Here to hoping we get a custom controller for dj max on the ps4.

Hey guys i just wanna make a quick post that my store is receiving a generous amount of consoles more than twice the amount pre ordered. So be sure to check out Best Buys midnight release if you havent pre ordered!
Hmm... so maybe Reggie wasn't kidding when he said it will be readily available at launch... scalpers must be starting to worry...

...which makes me wonder, will all the returned switches go straight back to nintendo to be sold as refurbs or will the stores sell them as new if they look unopened? I expect these will also lack any type of factory seal on the boxes.

At least release date delivery is a possibility with the Switch. Wii U came out on a Sunday. Glad Nintendo started putting things out on Fridays and stuck with it.

Hmm... so maybe Reggie wasn't kidding when he said it will be readily available at launch... scalpers must be starting to worry...

...which makes me wonder, will all the returned switches go straight back to nintendo to be sold as refurbs or will the stores sell them as new if they look unopened? I expect these will also lack any type of factory seal on the boxes.
Any console that is returned is usually sent back to the return center to be i assume refurbished by the manufacturer

bread's done
Back