Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

This place is as bad as neogaf at times. It'll be fucking fine. Most of the people bitching are those that didn't even pre order or are waiting. That's fine, it'll make it easier to nab a spare with my extra GameStop credit while you twats all cry.
I sincerely hope you can never find your wallet or your keys at the same time. And if you find one you can't find the other and I hope the one you find is never the one you're actually looking for.

It seems to be a firmware issue to me. If the system is still detecting the controllers, then it's not losing the signal and it should be able to be fixed with a patch. Also if the issue is at the 10 foot mark, then it could be that the controllers are still in portable mode with a weaker signal than is necessary for it to work properly in TV mode. 

Also the unboxing of the Pro Controllers made them look very nice and essential for TV play. I'll be keeping my pre-order. 

If Zelda doesn't look a whole lot better on the switch, I'll likely cancel my preorder and pick it up later when there is more going on :) controller issues no VC at launch... Meh

Yes it does, I have had a good history with Dell however don't expect it to be packed safely. Even from the few dozen systems I've had ordered from them they often come in boxes the same size as the console box.

Calls everyone in the thread whining twats, complains about someone being "hostile"

noofmybiz.jpeg
Everyone is being a bunch of whiny twats. All the non pre order people are going "omg Nintendo confirmed dead!" While everyone else is saying "hey fuck you nintendo da Bess" it's stupid. I don't recall directing it specifically at you though. So sorry my generalized laughing angered you keyboard warrior.

Everyone is being a bunch of whiny twats. All the non pre order people are going "omg Nintendo confirmed dead!" While everyone else is saying "hey fuck you nintendo da Bess" it's stupid. I don't recall directing it specifically at you though. So sorry my generalized laughing angered you keyboard warrior.
How I imagine you talk in real life

[attachment=25618:assyouquestions.jpeg]

This place is as bad as neogaf at times. It'll be fucking fine. Most of the people bitching are those that didn't even pre order or are waiting. That's fine, it'll make it easier to nab a spare with my extra GameStop credit while you twats all cry.
I was probably the one making the biggest deal of it, but if you read my previous posts you would know I've been one of the biggest defenders of the Switch. I actually see a problem with this though as I have a fear that this won't be able to fixed through a software patch, as it's probably a hardware issue instead. I therefore am voicing my concern. And nope, it's not because I don't have a preorder. I have 3 preorders in total. Yep, a back-up of a back-up.

It's also ironic and hypocritical how you whine about the complainers. You're coming off as spoiled little brat. Take a seat kid, and stop being such a little bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y23cWy4.jpg

More tweets from Stealth regarding the "fix".
I just hope Nintendo comments officially on this soon. I want to have my qualms and fears about this laid to rest.

I'm actually not too worried about the joycons, as I plan to use it as a home console the majority of the time anyways. Do we know if you can just use the pro controller instead of the joycons when mobile?

I'm actually not too worried about the joycons, as I plan to use it as a home console the majority of the time anyways. Do we know if you can just use the pro controller instead of the joycons when mobile?
Yeah, you can use the Pro controller even when it's in portable mode.

Snipperclips CONFIRMED Launch Tittle! (In japan & EU for now)

XS2SWAc.jpg

[Nintendo HP] We posted the information of "Snipperclips" together. Just like the release date of the Nintendo Switch, it will start delivery on March 3rd.

Bing Translation was a bit wonky.

Also Game Modes Confirmed: WORLD (1-2 players, co-op), PARTY (2-4 players, co-op) and BONUSGAME (2-4 players, competitive)

Zelda BotW Fan Made Commercial

[media]https://youtu.be/1O55wSaX1ls[/media]

And nope, it's not because I don't have a preorder. I have 3 preorders in total. Yep, a back-up of a back-up.
A back-up of a back-up? Is that the new code word for flipping? :cool: jk I shouldn't judge.. I'm up to 5 3DS XL's. (Edit: actually make that 6)

I came across this article that helps answer one of the questions we've had about no internet browser and being able to use public wifi:

Launch day update atm does the following:

• Access to network features, such as Nintendo eShop, online gameplay, ability to share images to social media, etc.
  • Ability to link Nintendo Accounts to your Nintendo Switch console.
  • Ability to connect online using hotspots that require authentication, such as at a hotel or café. A web applet will open up so the user can sign-in or accept terms of use.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-what-the-nintendo-switch-day-one-update-does/1100-6448156/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8d&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58af9aac04d3015a9bc10e78&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

I think I might have had all I can stand. People are now upset that they *might* not be able play with the Joy Cons behind their backs. God damn, y'all...

Well, Mario Maker is definitely the title to beat on the Wii U. And the majority of Wii U games are now much cheaper than they used to be. You can get a copy of Zombi U at most used game retailers for less than $10. If you're interested in giving the Wii U a try, then yes, it would be worth picking that particular package up. Especially if you want a new unit. If not, you might be better off picking up a used unit. Used units on Nintendo hardware are usually a fairly safe bet. Nintendo always designed their systems to be durable, so a used Wii U is more likely to work than most other used consoles.

As to whether the Wii U itself is worth having, that's more a matter of personal perspective. In my case, I would say yes. But I am a fan of Nintendo's internal development, and have been for most of my life. It would be a good idea to peruse some "Best of Wii U" lists, and see what kind of games are on such lists. If none of those games seem interesting to you, then maybe it would be better to pass on the Wii U. A system with no games that you want to play may as well be a paperweight.

Also, the number of Wii-related accessories that you own is also worth taking into account. One of the Wii U's biggest strengths was in its local multiplayer support. But local multiplayer requires extra controllers. If you don't have any extra Wiimotes sitting around, and there aren't many single-player Wii U games you want to try, then once again it might be better to give the Wii U a pass.
I had a Wii and since the Wii U was backwards compatible, it made sense for me to buy a Wii U and ditch the Wii. If someone did not own a Wii or plans on keeping their Wii, there's really no good reason to buy a Wii U at this point. Nothing new is coming out for it and it's pretty much guaranteed that all the good stuff on it will be ported to the Switch.

Speaking of the games on the Switch, I find it troubling that Nintendo had no first party games on the Wii U last year and almost nothing the year before yet they have such a thin lineup at launch (and first year).

I came across this article that helps answer one of the questions we've had about no internet browser and being able to use public wifi:

Launch day update atm does the following:

• Access to network features, such as Nintendo eShop, online gameplay, ability to share images to social media, etc.
  • Ability to link Nintendo Accounts to your Nintendo Switch console.
  • Ability to connect online using hotspots that require authentication, such as at a hotel or café. A web applet will open up so the user can sign-in or accept terms of use.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-what-the-nintendo-switch-day-one-update-does/1100-6448156/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8d&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58af9aac04d3015a9bc10e78&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
Yay! Thanks so much for the info.

My biggest fears relieved

A back-up of a back-up? Is that the new code word for flipping? :cool: jk I shouldn't judge.. I'm up to 5 3DS XL's. (Edit: actually make that 6)
I think it's a code word that "N" sucks ass when it comes to meeting supply & demand, and he just wants to make sure he actually gets a unit, instead of a cancellation(which happens rather often when and where "N" is involved). LOL

Yes! :D/ I've been waiting to see when this will release. Cancelling my preorder for the pro now.
While I haven't used this one yet, I highly recommend Hori products in general. They are always very well made, and in some cases, work better than the official products they are based on, and always at competitive pricing.

I had a Wii and since the Wii U was backwards compatible, it made sense for me to buy a Wii U and ditch the Wii. If someone did not own a Wii or plans on keeping their Wii, there's really no good reason to buy a Wii U at this point. Nothing new is coming out for it and it's pretty much guaranteed that all the good stuff on it will be ported to the Switch.

Speaking of the games on the Switch, I find it troubling that Nintendo had no first party games on the Wii U last year and almost nothing the year before yet they have such a thin lineup at launch (and first year).
I'm really glad now that I never ported my digital purchases to my Wii U. Now I can sell that Wii U and its few digital games and keep my cheap Wii and its plentiful digital games. Sometimes laziness pays!

Really?

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=sFWTD0Lftjw

I actually do play with a throw over me sometimes (gets really cold in my house sometimes).

None of my other console controllers nor tv remotes have this issue. The IR emitter on these joycons must be junk. I hope thsee are just a bad batch and/or Nintendo gets this fixed asap.

Damn you early adopter problems!

Why does Merica always get the shaft?
Its been this way for 30+ years for NA Nintendo fans. Or even worldwide fans of their products. There always seems to be an issue with region stuff when it comes to Nintendo. Sony doesn't have this issue, so it's purely Nintendo. But as an American, I take the good with the bad. Nintendo is gonna Nintendo.

That joy-con bundle w/Snipperclips looks great. The CAG in me is frothing at the mouth & will gladly snag this when it gets discounted at retail or goes on sale.

Yes, I would be much happier with the purchase if it had something else attached
Question is, do the game and cons come at a lower price? I mean pricing hasn't been announced yet, let alone if it's coming to NA. But separately, they cost $80 and $20. So if the bundle would cost say $100, there is no difference in buying the bundle vs individually. Fingers crossed for a lower bundled price vs separate

bread's done
Back