Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I have a Target preorder.
Anybody see any action on theirs? Is there any scoop or gossip regarding target POs?
Sorry if this is redundant, I do t want to comb through this whole thread.
Judging from all the comments so far from people who preordered at Target, it seems you're likely fucked. You won't get it till a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a friendly reminder for those still trying to get one and can't make store launch:

Switch will be available launch day from PRIME NOW
1031516_pn_nintendo_switch_gwhero_v2_browser_1x._CB532865191_.jpg
This is where I'll likely get it, since I cancelled my GameStop Gray JoyCon order. Hopefully they have plenty of Neons available at Amazon.

This is where I'll likely get it, since I cancelled my GameStop Gray JoyCon order. Hopefully they have plenty of Neons available at Amazon.
I called them to ask if they knew when they would go up, and the rep I talked to had no info. She did say however that info should be going up today to be notified when they do, but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. (Or how reliable Amazon's notifications are.)

If Amazon doesn't ship my Switch today, I'll just be cancelling and grabbing one from PrimeNow as well.

I called them to ask if they knew when they would go up, and the rep I talked to had no info. She did say however that info should be going up today to be notified when they do, but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. (Or how reliable Amazon's notifications are.)

If Amazon doesn't ship my Switch today, I'll just be cancelling and grabbing one from PrimeNow as well.
Thanks for the info.

Amazon has been pretty good with getting orders on time, though. I'm sure they'll ship yours soon.

my Pro Controller and Bomberman aren't scheduled to arrive til Tuesday from Amazon, Switch says arriving friday but is still in 'shipping today' mode, I'm cancelling Prime after the current one runs it's course for sure if that comes late as well

no movement with my amazon orders either, gray switch, SE zelda, and red joy-con with charging grip, but im not worried. they will either ship the morning of for same day delivery, or tonight/tomorrow.  

I told a buddy of mine that I would line up with him so he can try to get one....since he didn't pre order

how soon are people going to line up at stores?
I have read people are lining up already!

but it seems say Best Buy (likely your best chance based on stock numbers I am reading across various sites) is handing out tickets at 10pm on Thursday night.. if thats the case get there at 6-8pm. I would call your local store to see if they are handing out tickets etc before you stand all night however.

Just got a b-day 10% off at BB coupon, good for the month, and it excludes pretty much everything but the Nintendo Switch. lol. Definitely have to take it in along with the Switch and get $30 off.
I just saw that I got an email for that too. Hmmm I don't really wanna cancel my Gamestop order since I have so much credit there but $30 is $30.

Has anyone had any luck with eBay? I'm seeing quite a few listings that haven't been bid on yet, or are basically at list price (with tax). I messaged this seller and they sent proof that they have the console pre-ordered from Amazon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Switch-Grey-Console-Guaranteed-FREE-Release-Date-Delivery-3-3-/182466832975

Thinking about maybe going for the Zelda bundle though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Switch-ULTIMATE-Zelda-Bundle-FREE-Release-Date-Delivery-3-3-/182466827459

Has anyone had any luck with eBay? I'm seeing quite a few listings that haven't been bid on yet, or are basically at list price (with tax). I messaged this seller and they sent proof that they have the console pre-ordered from Amazon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Switch-Grey-Console-Guaranteed-FREE-Release-Date-Delivery-3-3-/182466832975

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Switch-ULTIMATE-Zelda-Bundle-FREE-Release-Date-Delivery-3-3-/182466827459
Zero feedback seller being bid up by a zero feedback buyer. Have fun.

https://youtu.be/Dn72uuvnSUY

A pretty good review that mentions portable batteries

Edit:also mentions the desync issues that they talked to Nintendo already working to fix it

Anyone know how late Best Buy will be open? Wondering if I'd be able to get my Switch from GS and then rush to BB for Zelda.
There is no set time. They will close up when everyone is gone and there is no more money to be made.

400+ for just the console?

i must be the only person that thinks 100 dollars over retail is way to much? I would honestly hold out and wait till i find one in a store. that extra money your spending could be used on some games.

its your money though...

Thanks for the Digital Foundry JoyCon sync report, btw. Decided to pick up the Switch at launch after seeing that. The range it currently has isn't ideal, but at least it isn't as bad as I thought.
It seems to be all over the map in regards to how bad or how good the issue is, but I haven't seen one review that didn't mention it, so I'm expecting varying degrees of issues from users here as well over the next few days.

Crazy pricing, then these 3rd party companies drop Nintendo support, wondering why they can't sell on their system.
Well, Capcom did make a really good version of SF4 for the 3DS that was out at launch, and was a killer version that was priced right, but I'm sure it didn't sale well, at least compared to the console versions, so your getting a rather safe port of an older game here.

I agree the price is over board, but when "N" is charging what they are for a system with no game included, and over the top prices for accessories and full price for Wii U ports, I think Capcom is more than justified in their pricing. Yeah, I doubt it will sale well, and then Capcom like many others can say they tried, and that will be the end of their support.

A game like this isn't not going to sale 9 out of 10 times, not due to the price, but due to the environment "N" has created for their systems and 3rd parties. I agree it's up to 3rd parties to know the market, and price accordingly, but I've seen games priced right, and made well that still don't sell on "N" systems. It's a harsh reality that's been an issue since the GC days.

My local Walmart has Bomberman and the Bokoblin amiibo on the shelves. I'm guessing they won't ring up yet?
Online when the amiibo r instock at Walmart, they r selling them at premium. That's exactly what they did with the Pikachu 3ds xl. The last day of preorder they increased price then amazon followed suit.

The price range up for the amiibo. $15 is too much for me, I put it back
Price is pretty damn high, but at the very least that correlates to higher quality. GCU + Visa Checkout definitely made them much more palatable. Definitely my most anticipated BotW "extra".

I agree the price is over board, but when "N" is charging what they are for a system with no game included, and over the top prices for accessories and full price for Wii U ports, I think Capcom is more than justified in their pricing.
Chris be careful not to pull something, that's a pretty big stretch there. ;)

You did get GCU after all. Welcome :grouphug:
I did! Visa checkout brought the 2-year price down to $22.50, and the rest of the Visa promo on that same order made me basically break even, so it was worth it. Hopefully I actually end up using it this time around. :lol:

Plus with Amazon not giving the Prime discount on these amiibo, looks like I made the right choice!

https://youtu.be/Dn72uuvnSUY

A pretty good review that mentions portable batteries

Edit:also mentions the desync issues that they talked to Nintendo already working to fix it
Very helpful. One of the power banks I did get that I have sitting her waiting was the one he mentioned. I did get one other one that I though was better suited for it. If either of them are actually viable I'll report back Friday on it. I decided in the end the smartest thing to do wall adapter wise was just to get the Nintendo branded adapter right now as nothing else on the market came close to replicating the voltage/Amps at the current price.

I'm not certain if this is the best place to post this...

at least 2 Gamestop's in NJ are holding Midnight launches for the N-Switch and have "2 unsold consoles" for "first come" grabs per store, so while not a pre order per say, you might have a chance to camp out at a Gamestop and get one tomorrow night. (I also inquired if tents would be acceptable; the one store was all for it, the other was not certain it would be allowed.) the event starts at 6PM Eastern in this case, and allows those who had pre ordered to pay up on their order before midnight to allow for the faster out the door experience.

I would call ahead to find out if such details are true in your location... and to make certain if there is no line already formed outside any Gamestop before going out tonight/this morning. (it's going to be cold here in NJ tomorrow) IF you attempt to get a pre order-less launch system.

EDIT: I can only assume that one Switch is the two color orange/blue joycon, and the other switch is the grey joy(less)cons. since both stores quoted that they had ONLY 2 systems to sell tomorrow.

Best Buy Switch has shipped; could theoretically arrive tomorrow but scheduled for Friday anyways.

BotW has shipped from Amazon, scheduled for Friday.

Amazon Switch is still at 'Not yet shipped', which is grinding my gears because it's going straight to another CAG.

And a fraudulent charge on my old debit card finally got reversed, so I've got an extra $40 to either pick up I Am Setsuna, or drop $20 on Fast RMX and wait for a decent third-party charging grip.

Amazon Switch is still at 'Not yet shipped', which is grinding my gears
Story of my life every 20 minutes for the past 2 days. :wall:

In case any of you were wondering what they taste like :)

I do really like her commentary at IGN and had no idea about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PryWWf_Db2I
On the Giant Bomb podcast a week or so back, they unboxed the Switch and Jeff put the game right in his mouth and wouldn't stop talking about how bad it tastes. Video game journalism, folks. :rofl:

Best comment on that video: "Its not called breath of the wild for nothing then."

bread's done
Back