Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

So far switch from best buy shipped and random accessories from BB still "preparing". Amazon switch and master edition shipped and wii u/standard switch/special edition still "arriving friday". Pro controller got delayed to tuesday from Amazon. 

Called my local Best Buy and they said they were closing at normal hours on Thursday and then re-opening at midnight for the launch. Tickets will be handed at 11pm for walk-ins. Thought I'd pass the information along.

Did anyone's store pickup orders for BB change in status at all? Mine arent even at the preparing stage.
I was given 2 different times at my BB here in Minnesota. Guy at the door said they'd open at 12am, nothing before hand at all. The old lady at the service counter said she heard they'd open at 10:30pm and sell at 11pm... Like they've done with other new releases. Not sure which is correct, hopefully the later, so I can quick run to GS afterwards and possibly grab my uncle a switch (using the trade in credit I've amassed from the past several weeks :D)...

Yes, I'm impatient

DzSzc3O.jpg

Holy shit this thread still around? I thought it got deleted.

Bomberman & Zelda SE should be here tomorrow but Switch/Pro Controller & Zelda ME on Friday  :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY AMAZON PRE-ORDER PEOPLE WHOSE ORDERS HAVE NOT SHIPPED

From Amazon. *ahem*

"Anthony I am very sorry for the inconvenience but as per the details the item is currently unavailable since manufacturer was unable to deliver the item to us."

:rofl: 3 for fuck ing 3 Amazon/Nintendo. They gave me a $10 promo. Add that to the $10 for cancelling my ME and $20 for cancelling my SE and I'd damn near have enough to buy BotW outright... Ya know, if it were in stock.
Are they sending that by email? My order haven't been cancel was always suppose to ship by march 8th.

Edit: checked my banking, I've haven't been charged yet.

Amazon is the most stressful company to deal with any Nintendo order ever.

Double edit:https://www.walmart.com/ip/55432569

Walmart have some special editions up right now, I placed a cash order and plan on using that within the next 48 hours if amazon does not ship

Maybe I go buy it at Walmart, then return it once Amazon ships me mine? Is that too shady? It feels shady.
Not shady. Walmart wouldn't be affected, since they'll sell the Switch quickly afterwards.

Edit: Oh, now I know what you mean. You're talking about returning the opened Switch. You're right, that is kinda shady. But apart from that, it isn't worth it, as saves are stored on the system, and you probably won't be able to transfer them soon.

I'm mostly mad because:

A. He said this likely means PrimeNow won't actually have them launch day.
B. I'll now have about $600 sitting in my Amazon account with multiple promos/refunds issued over a few week span.
C. I have no way of turning that Amazon credit into Gamestop/BB/Walmart credit by tomorrow.

The lord is testing my hype.
That guy has to be wrong about PrimeNow not having Switches on release date, though. If that were true Amazon wouldn't advertise it. There has to be Switches available then, otherwise Amazon is making as much sense as Nintendo.

Not shady. Walmart wouldn't be affected, since they'll sell the Switch quickly afterwards.

Edit: Oh, now I know what you mean. You're talking about returning the opened Switch. You're right, that is kinda shady. But apart from that, it isn't worth it, as saves are stored on the system, and you probably won't be able to transfer them soon.
Haha no, I totally meant returning the unopened Switch Amazon (eventually) sends me.

That guy has to be wrong about PrimeNow not having Switches on release date, though. If that were true Amazon wouldn't advertise it. There has to be Switches available then, otherwise Amazon is making as much sense as Nintendo.
I assume he means just PrimeNow near me, in Chicago. If they're not getting stock to fulfill the regular orders I'm not sure where they'd get the PrimeNow ones? But who knows, just have to wait and see.

For what it's worth, Amazon's support isn't always the most informed. I sent an email the other day about my very early Breath of the Wild preorder slipping from release day to unknown delivery; they sent back a generic message about Release Day Delivery only being available on items when they know they'll be in stock, plus this gem tacked on:

the date that you saw by march 3rd is an error to the website, because we don´t have an information for this item, when it gonna release.
I got another email about 45 minutes later stating that my order was now available for release day delivery "at no extra charge". Shipped out a few hours back.

I am still worried about the actual system preorder still scheduled to ship out on March 1, which clearly doesn't seem to be happening, despite the fact that they're still estimating a March 3 delivery.

Amazon said my Switch and Zelda SE would be expected to ship on March 1, and it still hasn't. I'm getting worried now. Hopefully it just hasn't yet because the warehouse they're shipping it from is close enough to my house that they can take a bit of time with it. 

Haha no, I totally meant returning the unopened Switch Amazon (eventually) sends me.
Don't most places print the serial numbers right on the receipt these days? I don't deal with Walmart's electronics section much but I get the feeling they wouldn't accept a unit they didn't sell you as a return.

Don't most places print the serial numbers right on the receipt these days? I don't deal with Walmart's electronics section much but I get the feeling they wouldn't accept a unit they didn't sell you as a return.
I have no clue, but that's probably right. Bummer.

Amazon said my Switch and Zelda SE would be expected to ship on March 1, and it still hasn't. I'm getting worried now. Hopefully it just hasn't yet because the warehouse they're shipping it from is close enough to my house that they can take a bit of time with it.
im in the same boat just waiting for amazon to ship my orders. knowing amazon they wont ship it till Friday morning for same day delivery. :(

I assume he means just PrimeNow near me, in Chicago. If they're not getting stock to fulfill the regular orders I'm not sure where they'd get the PrimeNow ones? But who knows, just have to wait and see.
That isn't shady at all then! If you have the option you should go for it.

If not going to a Best Buy doesn't seem like a bad idea.

It seems to be all over the map in regards to how bad or how good the issue is, but I haven't seen one review that didn't mention it, so I'm expecting varying degrees of issues from users here as well over the next few days.

Well, Capcom did make a really good version of SF4 for the 3DS that was out at launch, and was a killer version that was priced right, but I'm sure it didn't sale well, at least compared to the console versions, so your getting a rather safe port of an older game here.

I agree the price is over board, but when "N" is charging what they are for a system with no game included, and over the top prices for accessories and full price for Wii U ports, I think Capcom is more than justified in their pricing. Yeah, I doubt it will sale well, and then Capcom like many others can say they tried, and that will be the end of their support.

A game like this isn't not going to sale 9 out of 10 times, not due to the price, but due to the environment "N" has created for their systems and 3rd parties. I agree it's up to 3rd parties to know the market, and price accordingly, but I've seen games priced right, and made well that still don't sell on "N" systems. It's a harsh reality that's been an issue since the GC days.
Ok, you got it right on the 4th try, but what is up with your use of "sale" as a verb. You write fairly well otherwise, and that sticks out .

I am super worried as well I think if my master edition doesn't ship, i'm going switchless for a while. I put in way to much energy and even now I'm still up on the hype train, when I wish I can just go to sleep.

im in the same boat just waiting for amazon to ship my orders. knowing amazon they wont ship it till Friday morning for same day delivery. :(
That's the worst. I don't know where you live, but in Los Angeles they like to use some real shitty company called OnTrac for same day and 1-day/overnight delivery. Half the time these guys drive up in unmarked cars, no uniforms or any equipment that might suggest they worked in parcel delivery. Once one of their employees, who was late naturally, was walking up and down my street yelling my name.

I just want my Switch and Zelda SE Friday, in good condition, and in a timely matter (none of this "waiting all day for a package that arrives mere minutes before amazons 8PM estimate is up" crap). I don't think that's too much to ask. It's weird to admit I'd feel immense relief when my card finally has a $400+ charge on it.

Best Buy just tried charging me and on my old order for Zelda Wii U the payment had to be changed.

This is for in store pick up.

That isn't shady at all then! If you have the option you should go for it.

If not going to a Best Buy doesn't seem like a bad idea.
FEGuy is probably right, Walmart likely tracks the serial numbers. I would assume Best Buy does the same.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and just hope it comes sometime soon. I'm gonna slowly back my somber ass out of this hype thread. Hope you all enjoy Zelda! :)

Maybe I go buy it at Walmart, then return it once Amazon ships me mine? Is that too shady? It feels shady.
Normally I'd say no but most places scan serial numbers during checkout. Dunno about Walmart. So you'd have to return the one you played, rather than the new one.

FEGuy is probably right, Walmart likely tracks the serial numbers. I would assume Best Buy does the same.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and just hope it comes sometime soon. I'm gonna slowly back my somber ass out of this hype thread. Hope you all enjoy Zelda! :)
Hopefully all this worry is all for nothing, and tomorrow you'll get a shipping notification.

Just a heads up for people who ordered at target; I pre-ordered the night it went up and chose express shipping because it said available 3/3. I checked my order history and it said expected 3/4. Called up customer service and was told that it was available to them on 3/3 and they would ship it then. I expressed my concern on the shading wording and he refunded my express shipping but I still wasn't pleased. So I probably won't get it til Saturday but I am enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn so much I don't mind the extra day to play it.

My Amazon orders also said March 1st shipment but haven't. They say Shipping today now though. And still arriving Friday. I've had multiple orders go from shipped to delivered within around 15 hours, so I'm not really worried. I don't live in a big city and they don't offer Prime Now in my area, but I think they have multiple centers within 3 or 4 hrs of me.

If I remember correctly my PS4 preorder shipped at 8pm the night before and I received it at 11am on release.

3 separate orders are:
Nintendo Switch Gray
Zelda ME
Zelda SE

Got my switch, Zelda, and 12Switch from Bestbuy Wednesday! Pretty sweet. My son and I are having a lot of fun with Zelda. Haven't touched 12switch yet but I'm sure I'll play with my other kids tomorrow.

The only thing that's annoying is having to put the joycons on the console to charge them. The joycons have worked perfect. I'm happy with the quality of everything. The joycons attached to the grip thinggie is a little small. It's great for my son but I thin I'm going to want a pro controller.

You won't be able to return the Amazon switch to Walmart. They scan the serial in the return process. I mean I guess you could put the wrong serial number in the box but then it would not just be shady but wrong.

I ended up cancelling my preorder, one day before release. I plan to pick up the Switch (Hopefully) in April, before Spring break.

I recently had my doubts about picking the Switch up at launch, but knowing I'll get to play a masterpiece has completely assuaged my fears.

Holy shit this thread still around? I thought it got deleted.
Nothing here gets deleted, it just goes to the graveyard to die. LOL

Ok, you got it right on the 4th try, but what is up with your use of "sale" as a verb. You write fairly well otherwise, and that sticks out .
Honestly, as I'm getting older, I type rather fast, and in my mind it doesn't always sort things correctly, as I'm typing faster than I'm thinking, so instinctively I just type what word comes to mind, not really thinking much more about if it is in the correct context. I've typed cell in certain situations, but that I notice more, and will correct.

Sometimes, once I've typed a few sentences, and I go back to check what I wrote, I'll find I wrote words completely different than what I thought originally(just wthin a few seconds). So be happy my post aren't a jumbled non coherant babble(although I'm sure most here would say it is). Getting old sucks! LOL

Live in NYC, still havent not gotten shipping notice from Amazon on any of my 4 orders. (Zelda SE, Switch, Bomberman, Screen Protector)

All ordered as soon as they went live (January 13th for console and Zelda) 

Unless this gets delievered by ups and not through my shitty local post office, looks like i wont be playing on release, thanks amazon. 

The combination of waking up to a beautiful morning to run during, the game getting tens, and amazon changing my status to preparing to ship is all good (to the others who haven't gotten a shipping notification, where do you live? I live in New York City and generally I get orders either the day of or after i get the shipped notice, so I rarely sweat status worries).

Side note, I run quite a bit and it's half marathon season, and planned on running with my switch in my osprey running bag. Anyone have any experience with running with tablets or anything if he sort in a book bag?

I recently had my doubts about picking the Switch up at launch, but knowing I'll get to play a masterpiece has completely assuaged my fears.
I'm beyond glad to see they made a great game, especially with all the delays, and the NS bait & switch. I've loved almost every Zelda game except for Wind Waker, which looked gorgeous, but was a dud of a game to me. And while I was interested in BotW, I wasn't in a rush to play it, but I may have to get it sooner rather than later.

When "N" does what they do best(which isn't that often anymore), they really are in a league of their own. I really hope this game is the start of a return to greatness. Congrats to them, and I hope all you guys get your orders over the next few days. Although sadly, I know some retailers will drop the ball. I've had my fair share of delays over the years waiting for certain things, so I feel your pain.

Gotta love dealing with amazon's condescending customer service agents first thing in the morning.

BTW, i was completely polite, im never rude with CS agents because i know the job can get irritating dealing with people and nothing gets accomplished when your rude with CS agents. 

Me:i usually live by amazon's guarantee but having friends and family members who live in the same area orders for the same product receive shipping notice has me concerned.
sorry for being a bit paranoid but you can see the items are out of stock so thats what has me concerned.

Stephen:Okay, you contact us for your order status.
I have provided the Guaranteed delivery date of your Pre-order.
Now what exactly you want me to do jay?

You could give me a better answer than telling me the same guaranteed delivery i've been aware of for fucking 3 months. 

No reason why theres not a better answer like, "the nearest warehouse located to you is pretty close so it should be delivered by one day delivery" or "they are trying to pack all your orders together so that can take longer" 

But wow. Really Canceling prime after this crap. 

But wow. Really Canceling prime after this crap.
I honestly just started Prime about a month ago, as we finally cut cable, so I got it for streaming, but I also order shipping supplies a lot, and the faster shipping helps when my supplies get low. I can already see in that time, how it's been hit & miss in regards to certain things, and if I had it strictly for games, I would probably be like you, and not have it.

i am finally able to enter the Eshop on my switch. 

there are 9 items for purchase. and 2 items in the coming soon area. 

it is a very very bare bones eshop right now. but it just launched, so yea

Zelda has a 98 on Metacritic at the moment. One of the highest rated games of the modern era.

1, 2 Switch is not as fortunate.

For those who live close to a UPS hub and there UPS shipments come late as shit- use the Mychoice app and choose to pick it up at the distribution center.

I live 8 miles away and they open at 8am- chose hold my switch order and zelda order- gonna go pick them up at 8am tomorrow!

bread's done
Back