Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

HOLY SH%#!.... Target shipped my Switch! Just checked the order status and it left UPS at 8am from one state away from me. Keep the faith fellow Target pre-order CAGers!!!

BTW, this thread has been awesome. Fingers crossed for everyone to get their system sooner than later.

a5eb46ddafa5fe6220c965f2e721d2ab.jpg

Prepping the Switches for in store pick up. The time is almost here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOLY SH%#!.... Target shipped my Switch! Just checked the order status and it left UPS at 8am from one state away from me. Keep the faith fellow Target pre-order CAGers!!!

BTW, this thread has been awesome. Fingers crossed for everyone to get their system sooner than later.
Mine says will be delivered on the 9th. Seriously fuck Target.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Garbage friend codes are back: http://kotaku.com/the-switchs-day-one-update-adds-a-spartan-eshop-and-dre-1792889134?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The more and more I keep hearing the more convinced I am that this won't be deemed a success in the end. Granted this isn't a overly huge thing rather than an annoyance it's yet another thing to add to the "What were they thinking" section again and that section has alot of things right now. Personally they should've kept that in the background or a database and just gave us a similar system to Microsoft or Sony for adding friends.

Edit: Also no day one path for the left joy con issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised about 1,2 Switch. Party games typically do not get good reviews.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
1,2 Switch, much like Mario Party games, are ones that I will always pick up almost regardless of reviews simply because I can get my wife on board with playing. I'm sure she'll like it so it's definitely still on my list to pick up.

Nice! No status change on mine. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that mine won't ship until tomorrow (or later.) Thankfully I have a pretty busy weekend ahead (and wouldn't have much time to spend with the console.) If it gets here on Monday or Tuesday, that would probably work out fine for me. (Finishing up Wind Waker as a diversion before Zelda arrives.)

Amazon has shipped nothing to me.

Zelda SE/Switch/Amiibo's are still guaranteed for tomorrow

JoyCons/Pro Controllers are now Tuesday

Zelda Guide has no date

Best buy shipped both

Target has not shipped either of my switches

1,2 Switch, much like Mario Party games, are ones that I will always pick up almost regardless of reviews simply because I can get my wife on board with playing. I'm sure she'll like it so it's definitely still on my list to pick up.
I agree. I will pick it up eventually since my wife likes to host parties and this will be a good ice breaker. Just going to wait until it hits $30.

Live in NYC, still havent not gotten shipping notice from Amazon on any of my 4 orders. (Zelda SE, Switch, Bomberman, Screen Protector)

All ordered as soon as they went live (January 13th for console and Zelda)

Unless this gets delievered by ups and not through my shitty local post office, looks like i wont be playing on release, thanks amazon.
NYC is one of the locations that use local couriers. Don't be surprised if you get a shipping notification tonight or even in the morning for Friday delivery.

NYC is one of the locations that use local couriers. Don't be surprised if you get a shipping notification tonight or even in the morning for Friday delivery.
Update to my order, just moved into the "Preparing Shipment phase" for all four items/orders.

Anyone in the NYC area, should check their order statuses if they haven't.

Now to hope the Snow tomorrow wont interfere with delivery.

Garbage friend codes are back: http://kotaku.com/the-switchs-day-one-update-adds-a-spartan-eshop-and-dre-1792889134?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The more and more I keep hearing the more convinced I am that this won't be deemed a success in the end. Granted this isn't a overly huge thing rather than an annoyance it's yet another thing to add to the "What were they thinking" section again and that section has alot of things right now. Personally they should've kept that in the background or a database and just gave us a similar system to Microsoft or Sony for adding friends.

This is interesting. Something must be up with this. Back in January, Via CNET, Reggie Fils-Aimé: Nintendo Switch Paid Online Won't Have Friend Codes.

So I guess friend codes only exist for non online subscription.

Edit: Friend list has a cap of 300. Fine by me.

Garbage friend codes are back: http://kotaku.com/the-switchs-day-one-update-adds-a-spartan-eshop-and-dre-1792889134?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I'm super impressed with their "region free", so this is the 3 steps back I always expect when they take 1 forward, so no surprise. LOL

I've actually read in a few places today that the day one patch fixed their joy-con issues, but it's still not confirmed from any trust worthy source yet.

Update to my order, just moved into the "Preparing Shipment phase" for all four items/orders.
Anyone in the NYC area, should check their order statuses if they haven't.

Now to hope the Snow tomorrow wont interfere with delivery.

Apparently the snow tomorrow was downgraded to flurries at the worst. Mine got changed to prepped too!

Amazon has shipped nothing to me.

Zelda SE/Switch/Amiibo's are still guaranteed for tomorrow
JoyCons/Pro Controllers are now Tuesday
Zelda Guide has no date

Best buy shipped both

Target has not shipped either of my switches
This is why I ultimately never trust Amazon for important stuff like this.

Best Buy in store pick up has never failed me. Shipping has only been delayed once (by like a day?) and they were generous about the error. $20 credit per delayed item.

And I just got a text saying my items are ready for pick up 🙌🙌🙌

This is interesting. Something must be up with this. Back in January, Via CNET, Reggie Fils-Aimé: Nintendo Switch Paid Online Won't Have Friend Codes.

So I guess friend codes only exist for non online subscription.

Edit: Friend list has a cap of 300. Fine by me.
You still believe shit Reggie says? Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And now mine shipped as well. Shipped from PA to Georgia, so I'm still not expecting it tomorrow, but should be here on Monday which gives me happy thoughts!

This is why I ultimately never trust Amazon for important stuff like this.
I have an amazon service center 1 hour east of me, 3 hours north, 5 hours south and 4 hours south west of me.... yet my switch is coming from Texas (roughly a 18-20 hours away) My switch should be here tomorrow, and my master edition is in the "shipping now" state. But every order I put in for a launch day release has always arrived on time, except my Xbox one.... got that a day early from amazon.

I'm super impressed with their "region free", so this is the 3 steps back I always expect when they take 1 forward, so no surprise. LOL

I've actually read in a few places today that the day one patch fixed their joy-con issues, but it's still not confirmed from any trust worthy source yet.
Right. They obviously don't understand ease of use to the consumer. at no point is a long string of numbers a ease of use for the consumer just to add someone else. I mean I'll get around it and deal with it but come on.

Right. They obviously don't understand ease of use to the consumer. at no point is a long string of numbers a ease of use for the consumer just to add someone else. I mean I'll get around it and deal with it but come on.
Yeah, it's like those old NES Metroid codes all over again, and we all remember how fun that was right? LOL

Neon Joycons and Guardian amiibo have shipped from BB. All my in-store pickups (Switch, Bomberman, pro controller) have entered the preparing stage.

We're getting closer

Cleveland. It could still ship later today if it comes out of KY and I could get it tomorrow. Just being impatient.

Bored-Cookie-Monster-Waiting-For-The-Time-To-Pass-At-Work.gif

I'm in Akron,

Both my Zelda SE from Best Buy and Zelda ME from Amazon shipped yesterday/last night. Waiting on Amazon to ship a few things along with a switch to my brother, Best Buy to ship my games and accessories to myself and GameStop for my system.

Best Buy and Amazon are all in the shipping today/shipping soon/preparing stages. Nothing from GameStop yet. Nor anything on UPS MyChoice either.

My switch finally "shipped" from Best Buy, but it's really "awaiting for UPS pickup" according to tracking. No idea where this is shipping from, but as long as I get it tomorrow, I'll be happy.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for people who ordered at target; I pre-ordered the night it went up and chose express shipping because it said available 3/3. I checked my order history and it said expected 3/4. Called up customer service and was told that it was available to them on 3/3 and they would ship it then. I expressed my concern on the shading wording and he refunded my express shipping but I still wasn't pleased. So I probably won't get it til Saturday but I am enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn so much I don't mind the extra day to play it.
I work next to the local Walmart, and get off at 11ish. Think I'm going to swing by and see if there's a line of some sort. Want to try to pick up a Pro Controller. As someone that plans on playing in handheld mode, the idea of tabletop with a Pro Controller sounds fun. Maybe I'll change my mind after I get it though.

Ugh. Amazon used USPS to ship my Zelda SE.

This is huge for the Virtual Console.
Yeah, I agree. Region free is for sure the strongest selling point I've seen for the NS so far, at least for me. Now I hope Japanese developers will begin to include English options again for games like Phoenix Wright, and non text heavy games in general.

Well, it's officially Switchmas in Japan... now for the rest of the world to catch up.... UPS guesstimates between 1:15-5:15 for delivery, but 99% of teh time, UPS gets my stuff to me around 1:30pm.... So now to come up with a good excuse to get out of work.

have you all seen the reviews for BOTW??

Universal acclaim?

greatest zelda of all time?

i see 10/10 all across the board!
It's gonna definitely become #2 all time game on there once user scores come in, not sure if it can get enough more reviews to surpass ocarina, though to be fair Ocarina has half as many critic reviews

For those pondering 11th hour cancellation or launch day purchases (sorry if both of these have been posted, haven't been in the thread for several days)

Wii U version, two sources (I think) handful of details, if true, is why Nintendo is keeping quiet. Wii U is just a little slower loading (installed version), and occasional slowdown is similar to switch docked mode, which multiple sites have said switch docked slowdown(shall we "SDS"....?) Doesn't hurt gameplay.

http://m.gamerevolution.com/features/zelda-wii-u-impressions-from-a-gamer-who-got-breath-of-the-wild-early-performance-graphics-etc

And this backs it up.

https://youtu.be/-WKedAjitl0

Well, it's officially Switchmas in Japan... now for the rest of the world to catch up.... UPS guesstimates between 1:15-5:15 for delivery, but 99% of teh time, UPS gets my stuff to me around 1:30pm.... So now to come up with a good excuse to get out of work.
Your lucky, my UPS deliveries are normally 3pm - End of day. During the holidays, I've had a few come at or after 9pm, but 6-7:30 pm is my average time. Maybe once a year I'll actually get something about 2pm, but that's like a lottery win if and when it ever happens.

Your lucky, my UPS deliveries are normally 3pm - End of day. During the holidays, I've had a few come at or after 9pm, but 6-7:30 pm is my average time. Maybe once a year I'll actually get something about 2pm, but that's like a lottery win if and when it ever happens.
Well, considering my proximity to Vegas, and lack of a UPS warehouse in town, pretty sure drivers want to get home quickly. In the 5 year window that I have lived here, I think UPS missed that window twice, both last December (7:15 and 7:30 delivery)

This is the stupidest thing ever!
Sony gives devs the option to do that too. short of transferring everything to a new system, some saves are locked to the system they are on and will not copy to USB for export.

Hopefully Nintendo changes their stance on this

Sony gives devs the option to do that too. short of transferring everything to a new system, some saves are locked to the system they are on and will not copy to USB for export.

Hopefully Nintendo changes their stance on this
You can upload game saves to the cloud- i haven't run into a game-save that hasn't let me do that so far...

bread's done
Back