Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

There are a surprising number of stores that are holding midnight launches for the Switch. Why is that?
Has there ever not been a midnight release for a console in the past couple of generations? Even the Vita and PSVR had midnight releases. I think you're way overthinking it. Saying retailers are "bending over backwards" for the Switch by having stores open at midnight to sell it is silly and incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now you can add friends:
Linking your Nintendo Account to your Switch will allow your friends from Miitomo & Super Mario Run to be added Directly.
You can send friend requests to those who have played with you recently.
You can establish a friend through local wireless communication.
You can also send a friend request by using a friend code.

In the Future you can add friends:
You will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS.
In some games you will be able to use an in-game interface to send friend requests.

People are lining up outside of my Best Buy as well. Didn't want to start this shit till later, but I guess I'm doing this now. Ugh.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thankfully Nintendo sent out a statement quickly. It's a minor inconvenience for now, people will forgive them.

Glad they didn't pull a Microsoft and waited a month after e3 when the console was already DOA. 

I went to bby to pick up some stuff, ppl were already lining up.
no big surprise there, i wouldn't expect anything less.

so if brickseek is correct the Walmart is South Gate, CA has 300 grey systems. if they do have that many, that is crazy. but only 35 neon systems.

The pre-sale numbers have been pretty strong. Before Amazon sold out, Zelda was the best selling game there. The GameStop by me pre-sold their initial allotment of 40 systems and they got more for the launch. Best Buy stores seem to getting pallets of them and they sold out online pretty quick.

We don't know how they'll do, but it seems like they're going to have a good day tomorrow. It's easily going to outsell the Xbox One launch. Definitely enough to justify a midnight launch.

My Target order shipped today, so I probably won't get it until late next week.  I will have my Pro Controller from Best Buy and Zelda from Amazon to stare at in the meantime though!  

The gamestop I ordered at had 20 units available when I preordered in January. It has 8 available for walk ins and there was no line as of a half hour ago. Barely any accessories available though.

My Target order shipped today, so I probably won't get it until late next week. I will have my Pro Controller from Best Buy and Zelda from Amazon to stare at in the meantime though!
Check your UPS tracking shortly. The order I had at Target still had March 9th, but UPS says it will arrive tomorrow.

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 Image comparison from Docked to Undocked:

Docked
qKvzasR.jpg
3qUQHBb.jpg
Undocked

& Merged Image

M2V5Y6C.png

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 DEMO Gameplay:

[media]https://youtu.be/4m7pCpXKDWw[/media]

The pre-sale numbers have been pretty strong. Before Amazon sold out, Zelda was the best selling game there. The GameStop by me pre-sold their initial allotment of 40 systems and they got more for the launch. Best Buy stores seem to getting pallets of them and they sold out online pretty quick.

We don't know how they'll do, but it seems like they're going to have a good day tomorrow. It's easily going to outsell the Xbox One launch. Definitely enough to justify a midnight launch.
his point was that midnight launches happen all the time, and the Switch having one signifies absolutely nothing.

Bestbuy shipped neon joycons, charging grip and pro controller but no delivery date.

Amazon hasn't shipped Zelda 1-2 switch or most importantly gray system [emoji31]

Everything has shipped for me from best buy and amazon! My Zelda SE and pro controller are coming UPS and the system, bomberman and charging grip are coming FedEx. I may just have to call in sick tomorrow because I was anticipating it all to come UPS which is normally delivered between 3-5 but FedEx usually comes around 10-11 so that's worth taking the day off for.

If memory serves, Best Buy did not open at midnight across the U.S. for the launch of the Wii U. You could pick up a Wii U at WalMart, but a large number of WalMart stores are always open at midnight. And midnight hardware launches at GameStops are a matter of course.

But for the Switch, Best Buy and Fry's Electronics have both stated their intention to have stores open nation-wide for the launch of the Switch. That's out of the ordinary, especially for a hardware launch this time of year. While both of these stores have opened for video game console launches before, there have been other instances where they haven't. Having this many stores opened for the Switch is unusual, and is indicative of healthy brick-and-mortar enthusiasm. Of course, retail enthusiasm is not the same thing as consumer enthusiasm, and a lot of these stores might find themselves with under-attended midnight launches.

Well this just came in :whee:

xJ63oZw.jpg
Mines in Florida being delivered by Amazon, their drivers usually show up early. I was hoping today, but considering where it's coming from that's a negative. I'm just thankful there isn't a hurricane to delay it, the hate in this thread would explode.

Well this just came in :whee:

xJ63oZw.jpg
Are you planning on opening it? If so, would you mind posting pictures of the system case and back of the Zelda game case? Still really debating whether or not to get this. Wanna see what the sheikah case actually looks like and how noticeable to "Not For Resale" on Zelda is.

I see now. I guess there's a difference but I don't think it's something that will bother me on any of the games in undocked mode, just due to the fact that the screen is so much smaller.  Still pretty cool to see how capable the system is.  

I hope Nintendo does plan on eventually upgrading the dock itself, I know that seems anti consumer but I don't feel like it shouldn't be possible

Does it just say "Not yet shipped"? If so, you might be in the same "We didn't receive manufacturer shipment" boat as me.
Mine says Shipping Today

Frankly the amazon csr's I've talked to regarding my other items that aren't 'arriving' til march 7th have been pretty unhelpful / rude, considering other sellers have these items on their site ready for people to purchase and amazon is still showing them unavailable on their order pages. I won't be sticking with Prime after this pay cycle.

Save data transfer will likely come with a system update in the near future. I think the goal was to have basic functionality in place fast enough to rush a launch.

Super helpful, thanks!

WOW, so the back of the game box is completely different from retail. You're a crafty bastard, Nintendo.
yeah that's a nice looking case, I ordered a tempered glass earlier, might see if I can just snag a case at the store in the morning

Games and Amiibos are here!!!  No Switch until tomorrow.      

Cases are slim.  Smaller than 3ds cases.  Taller but narrower and thinner.  About 87% of the volume.  And  for comparison Zelda:BotW Switch weighs  2.1 oz and 1 2 Switch weighs 2.0 oz compared to 2.2 oz for a brand new copy of Fire Emblem Conquest 3ds.  Thought I read Switches cases were bigger but maybe that was bigger compared to the size of the cart.  

The Zelda octopus-looking enemy is pretty big or at least its packaging is.  Best Buy was kind of enough to ship the Amiibos in a box which they haven't done too often in my experience.  

Just got off of the phone with PrimeNow, they confirmed that the Switch will be available to order at 12am LOCAL TIME tonight.

Now to decide if I should yolo it and cancel my existing preorder to take a shot at those...

bread's done
Back