Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Went into BestBuy around 11:30 to pickup my games and low and behold on the table was a Zelda SE, so I snapped it up and I dont know why. I bought Vanilla Zelda during visa checkout and thats about the only reason. What to do?

It's pretty much gone from all the Targets now. When I checked this morning six stores were showing In-stock. So I drove to the Brooklyn Park store. That was a mistake because the inventory counter was off and they had none. So in hindsight I should have called. But I had him scan the sticker and Maple Grove was showing 13 in stock. Called there, they had five. Took 9 min. to get over there and when I got there they had 3 left. The last one sold 2 minutes later. Stores appear to be sold out now.
Dang too bad. Gamestop still hasnt shipped mine and was hoping to pick one up to play today. Guess I just have to wait more than likely until Monday to play Zelda on the switch. Ill just pick up a Wii U copy for this weekend.

Glass arrived this morning; suspect because of the low price & for 2x. Playasia has more costly options.

I'll install one tonight![attachment=25714:CameraZOOM-20170303130204141.jpg]

Went into BestBuy around 11:30 to pickup my games and low and behold on the table was a Zelda SE, so I snapped it up and I dont know why. I bought Vanilla Zelda during visa checkout and thats about the only reason. What to do?
Keep what extras you want then sell the rest of the Zelda SE. You could get some good offers on eBay.

Buddy told me that Gamestops in the area were told not to hold any preorders past 48hrs, they want them all gone by Monday. Don't know if this is nationwide.

Any ideas when GameStop might get any restock? Still have buy my son's switch and want to use GameStop credit. Yes I'm buying 3. Daughter and I already have ours. Son is waiting for a GameStop restock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Picked up my Switch at Gamestop this morning and Zelda game at Best Buy. Walked around the store in the game section and at 11:30 this morning they still had two grey consoles out for sale. Quick question I bought an eShop Card the other day and the code isn't working on the store. The front of the card says it's only for Wii U and 3DS is that definitely the case? I figured the eShop was one in the same. I'm still debating on 1-2 Switch or Bomberman. Any thoughts from those that have played?
Did you order the $50 ones from Amazon? Just curious.

You might have to redeem on Wii U or 3DS and then merge it to the Switch.

Buddy told me that Gamestops in the area were told not to hold any preorders past 48hrs, they want them all gone by Monday. Don't know if this is nationwide.
They always say that, and then the managers always do whatever they want anyways. e.g. continue to hold them, sell them to preferred customers, sell to their favorites, repay a favor to someone who missed out on something else.

Anyone else have their Switch not shipped from Amazon yet? Pretty annoyed that it's supposed to be delivered today and not even a tracking number.
yeah same here, however, I just gave up. Went to BB to pick up preorder games and they just got a bunch of both types of consoles in so I went ahead and bought one. Got a gray one...kinda regretted it prob should have got neon, but my current game color scheme is black felt like it would stand out too much, ehh whatever just glad I got a console.

Debating if I should just wait until amazon order comes in to return so I can bitch and complain and get something free or just cancel now and not deal with this shit storm.

That's the standard procedure for any preorder I think.
They always say that, and then the managers always do whatever they want anyways. e.g. continue to hold them, sell them to preferred customers, sell to their favorites, repay a favor to someone who missed out on something else.
I know that's protocol but he seemed very adamant about that, I stepped in for a few minutes last night and that's what he told me and people that were not able to get one. He said something about corporate wanting them all gone by Monday.

Any ideas when GameStop might get any restock? Still have buy my son's switch and want to use GameStop credit. Yes I'm buying 3. Daughter and I already have ours. Son is waiting for a GameStop restock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Last 4 tabs on my spreadsheet are Gamestop Switch Location and Inventory related. I update multiple times a day.

Sheets

What case is everyone getting? I can't tell any of the Nintendo ones would fit a charging cable.

Also, if I could only get one game that isn't Zelda or Snipperclips, what should I get?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already saw a doctor and he told me it isn't that bad yet. It is in my left hand (thumb and first two fingers). The pain comes and goes but the constant feeling of my thumb being poked (not breaking the skin, just poking it) by 20+ needles had me seriously debate on canceling my pre-order. it is the weirdest thing that I would not wish upon anyone.
Holy Shit, what does he consider bad? When you can't use the hand anymore? I know surgery is normally the last resort for that, and depending on who does it, it may or may not fix the problem, so I see why he may not recommend surgery yet, but that still sucks.

Did he at least give you some good drugs for the pain?

My Amazon orders updated from "preparing" to "shipping today" status, so I guess that's a positive sign. Sure is taking them forever to actually ship.  :pray:

I know that's protocol but he seemed very adamant about that, I stepped in for a few minutes last night and that's what he told me and people that were not able to get one. He said something about corporate wanting them all gone by Monday.
aye and then when you go in on Monday morning the minute they open and ask to buy a Switch that was released from pre-order, he will tell you he doesn't have one to sell you. No explanation given. When there should have been a couple of pre-orders that weren't picked up. That's just the way it always goes with Gamestop. The managers do whatever they want, with the little control that they have.

If you kindly (slightly) grill them on the matter, they usually say that "they haven't had time to go through all the pre-orders and check to see what's left" or else a simple lie "sorry, none left".

I've heard that adamant release of pre-orders speech many times.

Holy Shit, what does he consider bad? When you can't use the hand anymore? I know surgery is normally the last resort for that, and depending on who does it, it may or may not fix the problem, so I see why he may not recommend surgery yet, but that still sucks.

Did he at least give you some good drugs for the pain?
It just started and yes it does get worse. I was told by two coworkers that theirs got to a point that it hurt to do just about anything. Since it is new, they are unable to do any tests to check it fully out.

I got a nice anti-inflammatory that is for arthritis and it has seemed to help some.

My Zelda ME just arrived also.

aye and then when you go in on Monday morning the minute they open and ask to buy a Switch that was released from pre-order, he will tell you he doesn't have one to sell you. No explanation given. When there should have been a couple of pre-orders that weren't picked up. That's just the way it always goes with Gamestop. The managers do whatever they want, with the little control that they have.

If you kindly (slightly) grill them on the matter, they usually say that "they haven't had time to go through all the pre-orders and check to see what's left" or else a simple lie "sorry, none left".

GameStop is awful. When I paid off my Switch around 6pm they gave me the receipt and said "if you lose the receipt you lose your Switch" What kind of garbage computer system are they still using where they have to say something so stupid?

Then when they reopened at midnight they called people in by order they paid it off in and as soon as someone opened the door I could hear the employee yelling at them from the other end of the store to hurry up.

Well crap. It looks like my worries are justified.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Can anyone recommend a screen protector? I don't care the cost as long as it doesn't diminish the screen colors/vibrancy.
Unless you have children or are especially clumsy, you should be fine. Sliding it in and out in person, that clearly was intentional or someone just being super careless. If you're really worried you can always just put some sort of soft bumper to add to the one in the dock.

Alright folks I tested both of my power banks and here are my findings. I've had zelda in and running while I've had it on the power bank. It charges very slowly with the game running but it is trending towards charging instead of loosing charge. At the very worst I see these being able to maintain your current battery life while playing while slightly charging them. Without them running any software they did charge much faster. I only tested the usb c ports on the power banks as those are the only ones that made sense. All in all I'd say it is worth it as it does allow you to continue to play for a much longer time.

My store blew through all but 2 of the 150+ Switches we got last night (not including the 3 being held for Sunday). All 30 Pro Controllers, all but 1 copy of Bomberman, and 110 of the 165 copies of Zelda sold too. And someone actually bought a copy of Skylanders. :razz: The only accessory that is still plentiful is the grey Joy-Cons. Pretty successful launch since the store apparently did $40,000 in revenue. :D

Out for delievery from best buy.  Good to see it wasn't a repeat of the wii u where no one bought them.

You know you bought too much stuff when you go to Best Buy to pick up your stuff and they say "Oh, it's you."
I get that too.

Well crap. It looks like my worries are justified.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Can anyone recommend a screen protector? I don't care the cost as long as it doesn't diminish the screen colors/vibrancy.
I have a switch that I picked up that I'm unable to enjoy, I'm waiting for another from FedEx. The post office is delivering the screen protectors which should be here early to late afternoon. I've been hesitant to open anything, My Master and SE Zelda's were just delivered, I picked up my stuff from UPS minus the stuff that got delayed which really isn't important.

I forgot that I needed to ask you how the world works...

Again, I know how Gamestop works and I'm sure most people here do too. I was just letting people know what the manager told me who happens to be a good friend. Take it for what it is, I was just letting people know on what was told to me if they needed/want one later on.

Just like GameStop managers with little power that they have who are adamant about what they tell people. You drag another pointless topic into the dirt with your last words...

Why are we discussing Gamestop business practices? I thought it was a pointless like kung fu in the special Olympics.

So Amazon finally shipped my original pre-order for the grey console, they gave it to the local courier for delivery tonight (who are awful, btw). PrimeNow delivered the neon one this morning, but I'd rather wait for the grey and chance it, so I put the Neon console up on craigslist at cost.

What a terrible mistake. I have gotten 2 emails a minute for the past 20 minutes. This is my hell.

I forgot that I needed to ask you how the world works...

Again, I know how Gamestop works and I'm sure most people here do too. I was just letting people know what the manager told me who happens to be a good friend. Take it for what it is, I was just letting people know on what was told to me if they needed/want one later on.

Just like GameStop managers with little power that they have who are adamant about what they tell people. You drag another pointless topic into the dirt with your last words...

Why are we discussing Gamestop business practices? I thought it was a pointless like kung fu in the special Olympics.
ok dick. pretend I didn't quote you and we we weren't talking to one another. kk? good.

So Amazon finally shipped my original pre-order for the grey console, they gave it to the local courier for delivery tonight (who are awful, btw). PrimeNow delivered the neon one this morning, but I'd rather wait for the grey and chance it, so I put the Neon console up on craigslist at cost.

What a terrible mistake. I have gotten 2 emails a minute for the past 20 minutes. This is my hell.
Yeah you should have just sold it on eBay instead of Crag's list. But at least you got one via Prime Now.

What case is everyone getting? I can't tell any of the Nintendo ones would fit a charging cable.

Also, if I could only get one game that isn't Zelda or Snipperclips, what should I get?
that is a good question, once i get my switch later today. i will let you know what other eshop games might be worth it. im not getting any other physical copy games other then zelda myself.

So my amazon order is still freaking saying shipping soon should I be worried?
It probably will ship soon. It probably won't arrive today, at this rate.

Frankly I have no idea what's up with Amazon. They didn't seem to bump out orders as if they'd oversold, and they charged my card which usually means the item's ready to ship. But it's just been expected to ship/preparing to ship/shipping soon/etc. since Wednesday.

Well I lucked up and found a cheap Wii U I picked up during lunch at a pawn shop and ordered a BotW for in store pickup at Beat Buy. May sell the U when I'm done, may just mod it and play the stuff I missed.

GameStop is awful. When I paid off my Switch around 6pm they gave me the receipt and said "if you lose the receipt you lose your Switch" What kind of garbage computer system are they still using where they have to say something so stupid?
I would report this person to the manager. What type of business would write that script for their staff?

Someone posted earlier saying old eShop cards didn't work on the Switch.  I was able to redeem my cards and they were over a year old, with only 3DS and Wii U on the front.

The one I ordered has been preparing for shipping since yesterday morning. Pretty miffed since it's going to another CAG and not me, even more so since my card's been charged and they can't bother updating me. Usually I don't get charged until the order is ready to ship.

The delivery address is within 45 minutes of a regional UPS facility and an Amazon warehouse, so it's not impossible for it to arrive today, I guess, but I'm still not happy.
Mine has said shipping soon since last night. Amazon customer service assured me that o would receive it by the end of the day, but considering they still don't have tracking information, I highly doubt it (it's coming from central Pennsylvania and I'm in lower manhattan. If they were to leave now they still wouldn't get here by 8pm).

The plus side is that I politely complained, so if it doesn't get here I'm getting 30 dollars credit.

It's a $20 card that I got from Gamestop.
I bought a $35 card a few weeks back and a $10 card last night from Gamestop. Both cards mention WiiU and 3DS only, with 2 different logos used on their covers. Today, I opened my switch then linked my switch user to my Nintendo ID then redeemed the cards on the switch with no problems. I then bought Fast RMX and Snipperclips, so those cards definitely work.

Went to Target and they had 3 units left. I picked one up and out of there in 5 mins.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back