Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

See, and I disagree with this 100%. So people are gonna have a variety of opinions. Even in portable mode I find a way to use the pro controller. I don't really like the joy cons AT ALL. Buttons are scary small, and the right thumb stick is in a terrible spot in comparison to the buttons. (Same problem with vita). Again, I have large large hands.
I have the same issue with the joy cons. They are tiny for my man hands. I really want a Pro controller but refuse to pay $70 for that controller. fuck that. Nintendo should have realized that adults would be playing on this thing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have the same problem and the same TV....no HDMI switcher from me. For now I had to resort to unplugging the dock from the HDMI when I'm not using it. It sucks.

Anyone else have problems with PS4 Pro HDR/4K not working with the TV Arc settings on a sound bar btw? Same TV.
Damn. I have this same TV and haven't plugged mine in to the TV yet. Remodeling is done today so everything will be up today. Will report if I have the same issues with the KS8000 when I plug my switch in.

I have the same problem and the same TV....no HDMI switcher from me. For now I had to resort to unplugging the dock from the HDMI when I'm not using it. It sucks.

Anyone else have problems with PS4 Pro HDR/4K not working with the TV Arc settings on a sound bar btw? Same TV.
I was going to recommend plugging direct in to the TV, but that is apparently not the issue.

I use a HDMI switcher, and my son's Wii U would always take over the HDMI signal, as the switcher would always go to the most recent signal, and give it priority. So when the Wii U was in standby mode, it always does some off the wall shit, and it would interrupt me playing other systems attached to the same switcher.

The fix was to go in to the Wii U settings, and turn off the "quick start" mode, so then when the system was shut off, it stayed off, and would never interrupt. My son didn't like that as the system would take to long to boot up each time, so I gave the Wii U it's own port on the TV, and then I had to manually go to that HDMI port for the Wii U image to be used. There should be some kind of option within the NS to keep this issue from happening, but it might be another thing "N" didn't test, or anticipate, but that should be fixable by them at some point with a patch, they just need to know the specifics to add the proper option within the NS.

I have the same issue with the joy cons. They are tiny for my man hands. I really want a Pro controller but refuse to pay $70 for that controller. fuck that. Nintendo should have realized that adults would be playing on this thing.

Like I've said before, that is not their way. They'll build something for themselves(or Japanese users in general), and then address other issues as they pop up. Or they just want to make sure they can sale you the pro controller. Either way, they win.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like how dedicated you are to get Switches for your fam but you won't get a Pro Controller because of cost. I guess we all have to draw the line somewhere.

I hope to get another Pro Controller and set of Joy Cons from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Pro Controller is comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There is an HDMI communication setting you can toggle on or off in the setting. Not sure if this will fix the issue, but worth a try

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So I am having an issue with the KS8000 and the Switch interacting with each other. Whenever the switch gets docked and/or reaches full charge, the TV will change to the Switch's HDMI port. The TV also doesn't recognize it as a gaming console, as well as not allowing me to set it up like one in the manual settings. So I constantly get an annoying pop up to set up the HDMI port. Apparently Samsung doesn't have a way to turn off this auto-switch feature from the TV, according to their own forums.

Anyone find a way around this that also has a 2016 Samsung TV?
That seems really strange you can't turn off either the auto-switch function or set-up, as my 2014 Samsung has similar functionality that I can turn off.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but there's an option in the Switch settings called "Match TV Power State" that you can turn off, it could be confusing this with your TV's auto-recognize settings some how?

I like how dedicated you are to get Switches for you fam but you won't get a Pro Controller because of cost. I guess we all have to draw the line somewhere.

I hope to get another Pro Controller and set of Joy Cons from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The Pro Controller is comfortable

Yeah it's pretty silly I know but it's a matter of principle with that damn controller. I'm probably going to wait for the Hori one that was leaked.

I have been hearing that the pro controller is really good. Almost gave in last night but I held off.

seems the controllers  can be exchanged?   got one off  gamestop asked if i break the controller will the system be replaced they go  NO  they will just give me a new controlelr

Amazon has said it's coming on Monday for me but tracking says it started an hour south from my house and then went an extra 2 hours south. I hope the just drove it to the main distribution hub and will give it to the UPS man.

I am still holding a grudge against Amazon for the fact they took out funds Thursday afternoon and did not ship it until Friday night. My biggest issue with that is that I could of went switch hunting friday morning before work but no they wanted to pull that trick so I couldn't cancel it.

My 10 yr old woke up early, got the Switch out of the dock and got the wife to the kitchen and set up 1 2 Switch on the kitchen table.  

did 2 size comparisons

games

33193558806_a812fbee22_c.jpg

systems

33193558346_bc954f8160_c.jpg

For anyone concerned about the dock scratching the screen, your best bet is going to be to pick up a sheet of adhesive felt. They sell it at craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann's. It is fairly thin, and can be easily cut with scissors to fit whatever size you need. It is also nice and soft, and would be able to prevent scratching in a situation like this. I used it to finish a stone chess set, and it worked wonderfully. A strip of this placed on the inner part of the dock would prevent the screen from touching the plastic directly.

For anyone concerned about the dock scratching the screen, your best bet is going to be to pick up a sheet of adhesive felt. They sell it at craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Jo-Ann's. It is fairly thin, and can be easily cut with scissors to fit whatever size you need. It is also nice and soft, and would be able to prevent scratching in a situation like this. I used it to finish a stone chess set, and it worked wonderfully. A strip of this placed on the inner part of the dock would prevent the screen from touching the plastic directly.
Great idea, I am doing this till a better third party dock comes out.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea actually. I guess the inside of the dock is flat then, so it can adhere in that area?

I guess that is something that will be addressed in a revision(maybe), but if it's a real issue, something like that should have been included. Or at least some cheap bumpers at the corners to help prevent the issue.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea actually. I guess the inside of the dock is flat then, so it can adhere in that area?

I guess that is something that will be addressed in a revision(maybe), but if it's a real issue, something like that should have been included. Or at least some cheap bumpers at the corners to help prevent the issue.
From just undocking and docking a few times, I noticed that there are these 2 protrusions on the bottom 80% of the dock that narrow more than the opening of the dock would lead you to believe they would. I still think it's something an adult could just show enough care to avoid making it an issue, but children trying to hastily dock could easily ram the system into those things. I feel like I'm playing operation whenever I take that thing out, since I'm just making certain I don't hit the plastic bumpers without a screen protector. Here's a picture where you can see one of them. There's one on all 4 corners of the opening.

QCnNnUv.png

That seems really strange you can't turn off either the auto-switch function or set-up, as my 2014 Samsung has similar functionality that I can turn off.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but there's an option in the Switch settings called "Match TV Power State" that you can turn off, it could be confusing this with your TV's auto-recognize settings some how?
I understand it's something only a minority of users will experience, but Nintendo can patch this I'm sure...it's almost like the tv assumes it's on because it's docked, I believe the Switch is trynna sends signal to the tv even when it's sleep. Or maybe Samsung can fix it. Either way it's not a deal breaker for me. Gonna mess around with Switch and TV settings before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine ever buying another set of joy-cons at that $79.99 price.  It's just insane how expensive controllers have become.  Black Friday $40-45 pricing or else gtfo. 

Unless they make Samus style controllers.  I'd buy that.  Samus is cool.  :cool:

From just undocking and docking a few times, I noticed that there are these 2 protrusions on the bottom 80% of the dock that narrow more than the opening of the dock would lead you to believe they would. I still think it's something an adult could just show enough care to avoid making it an issue, but children trying to hastily dock could easily ram the system into those things. I feel like I'm playing operation whenever I take that thing out, since I'm just making certain I don't hit the plastic bumpers without a screen protector. Here's a picture where you can see one of them. There's one on all 4 corners of the opening.
Yeah, I can already see my son slamming his in to this thing, and causing issues. Hopefully a better 3rd party one is made available by Christmas, so I can get one and avoid the damage I know that will happen sooner or later.

The good news is I'm sure he'll play mostly in handheld mode, so If he can just plug this in and charge it with a USB cable, we should be good either way. The only time he uses the TV with his Wii U, is when a game doesn't offer off screen play, and the NS should never have that issue.

the joycons didn't charge while my Switch system was powered off overnight.   I thought it would be a good idea to start turning the machine off at night.  But apparently they want us to just keep putting it into sleep mode while its on the dock. 

well i cancelled  my  gamestop..   even if you buy the warranty  They will NOT Cover the systems glass front  so  you break it your sol

made one man really happy though.   kept asking me    You sure you dont want it you sure you dont want it..

never knew they were hard to get.....

still got my best buy one 

I'm glad they included a dark theme, it's very nice.

Thanks for this tip. I don't really think I'll be scratching it but better safe than sorry.

You guys are making me want to buy Bomberman and Snipperclips D: Must resist for now. I want to pick up Bomberman used.

Here was my haul. The pro controller is unnecessary for now but feels great overall. Glad I got a bunch of this stuff with the Visa Checkout promo.

[attachment=25731:IMG_2983.JPG]

Does the usb ethernet adapter work? I can't really tell if mines working or not. Pretty sure it stayed in wireless mode. I have mine plugged into the usb 3 slot
i will let you know tonight if it works, we are giving the switch to my son for his birthday party later today at john's incredible.

Is your Skinomi wet or dry install?
wet install

I'm glad they included a dark theme, it's very nice.

Thanks for this tip. I don't really think I'll be scratching it but better safe than sorry.

You guys are making me want to buy Bomberman and Snipperclips D: Must resist for now. I want to pick up Bomberman used.

Here was my haul. The pro controller is unnecessary for now but feels great overall. Glad I got a bunch of this stuff with the Visa Checkout promo.

awesome haul

where did you get that link statue at?

wet install
Sweet, they make the best full body skinning products around. Your one of the few people I've ever found that uses the "wet" install products, as most are to scared to use liquid around their electronic devices, but it gives the best finished product/appearance in my honest opinion.

Make sure you check the Skin warning I posted above, as there seems to be some case quality issues where a skin may cause problems depending on where it is placed, and if it is going to be removed.

amazon finally shipped my switch at 10 pm last night with a delivery by 8pm tonight...just got an email that it is delayed even further....Amazon, you are really disappointing me lately.

I can't believe this is still happening. Pic from NeoGAF

Zy8TFLQ.jpg
it's like the red neon color is bleeding into the screen!

Yeah, I can already see my son slamming his in to this thing, and causing issues. Hopefully a better 3rd party one is made available by Christmas, so I can get one and avoid the damage I know that will happen sooner or later.

The good news is I'm sure he'll play mostly in handheld mode, so If he can just plug this in and charge it with a USB cable, we should be good either way. The only time he uses the TV with his Wii U, is when a game doesn't offer off screen play, and the NS should never have that issue.
Considering how simple the dock is, I could imagine someone designing a new one to use the same internals on Thingiverse (for self 3d printing) or kickstarter. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't rubberize or include felt on the internals of the dock.

Well, that SnipperClips pack-in is nice when the NA bundle launches.
so all NA bundle launches, have a code for the full game of snipperclips? does this include NA bundles no matter what color? i heard about this but i havent seen anybody confirm this yet.

thanks

thanks

Still waiting for the Fedex man to bring me my switch. Its like yesterday was Christmas, but I'm waiting on Santa to bring my stuff a day late 😔

it's like the red neon color is bleeding into the screen!

Considering how simple the dock is, I could imagine someone designing a new one to use the same internals on Thingiverse (for self 3d printing) or kickstarter. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't rubberize or include felt on the internals of the dock.
Yeah, this is all I think my son will need, or me for that matter, as I don't see using the TV features either, and a simple charging dock is all I need. They can keep that $60 dock.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2150168

Yeah, this is all I think my son will need, or me for that matter, as I don't see using the TV features either, and a simple charging dock is all I need. They can keep that $60 dock.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2150168
I probably should have checked before suggesting myself... been too busy playing Zelda, but they have a few charging dock options http://www.thingiverse.com/search/page:1?sort=relevant&q=nintendo+switch&type=things

Kinda wish someone had a fully modeled version of the current dock, so people could play and mod from there.

Yesterday, I stopped by a local Toys "R" Us about 4-5 minutes before opening and managed to get one!

They had 10 Grey Consoles and I got number 7. Picked up Zelda there along with the Console and then later in the day picked up the Charging Grip & Pro Controller at scattered Gamestop & Target stores.

I don't think this many people would realistically buy Bomberman if it wasn't a launch title and a game people needed to hold them over for the next slew of games.

I don't think this many people would realistically buy Bomberman if it wasn't a launch title and a game people needed to hold them over for the next slew of games.
Well, it's also supposed to be a limited release. Think Konami took advantage of that and in a few months I think it may be near impossible to find at retail.

I would have bought it anyways since it's the closest thing to Saturn Bomberman's 10 player party mode!

Well, it's also supposed to be a limited release. Think Konami took advantage of that and in a few months I think it may be near impossible to find at retail.

I would have bought it anyways since it's the closest thing to Saturn Bomberman's 10 player party mode!
Same reasons I bought it.

"Not sure if this has been mentioned, but wired internet in handheld works."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xiugn/not_sure_if_this_has_been_mentioned_but_wired/?st=izvp8xah&sh=28a9785e

Neat

This was the case for me, my zelda isn't shipped out till next week.
I cannot recommend Bomberman R even for the co-op for $50/$40 after buying it.
Worth noting that the online has huge delay lag.

Local multiplayer is fun, I had a chance to try 6 players on a large tv.

My Switch finally arrived with today's mail. I decided to not be squeamish about the screen and went ahead and opened it up and got everything set up. It's working like a charm so far. The set up process was extremely fast, and for the most part quite easy. I appreciate the minimalistic interface, and I especially appreciate how fast and snappy it is. (one of the main drawbacks of the Wii U, that interface was SLOOOWWWW) For now it's resting comfortably in its dock, charging up. I'll pull it out later to enjoy some Zelda.

got a feeling a 3rd party video dock would work too.... if it supplies the proper power to it. My Microsoft Display Dock (for my phone) seems to detect the switch, but the switch doesn't kick into video out. My dock only pushes 5V at 3Amps (i think, the 3Amp part is correct) I don't want to risk plugging in the Switch's power adapter into my dock though to test my theory out. I should probably test the USB ports on my dock while plugged in though. maybe if I remember....

got a feeling a 3rd party video dock would work too....
It's possible. It just depends on what kind of circuitry was added to the official Nintendo dock, and whether or not there is a lock-out chip in that thing. It's not the first time that Nintendo has pulled a stunt like that, so it's entirely possible that there is some manner of lock-out chip. The main thing about the video output on the Switch dock is that the Switch itself knows when it's plugged in, and switches the video signal over. This has something to do with the internals of the dock itself, as you can plug the power cable into the Switch itself for charging while playing, and it does not attempt to output the video.

If there's no lock-out tech in the dock, I would expect to see 3rd party video-enabled docks fairly soon. Otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath. Power-enabled docks and stands will show up very soon, as there's nothing preventing these from happening, and at least some demand from the community given the response to the Switch's built-in stand. (which is admittedly on the flimsy side)

"Not sure if this has been mentioned, but wired internet in handheld works."

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xiugn/not_sure_if_this_has_been_mentioned_but_wired/?st=izvp8xah&sh=28a9785e

Neat

This was the case for me, my zelda isn't shipped out till next week.
I cannot recommend Bomberman R even for the co-op for $50/$40 after buying it.
Worth noting that the online has huge delay lag.

Local multiplayer is fun, I had a chance to try 6 players on a large tv.
Honestly, my biggest problem with a lot of Switch launch window titles is the price for a lot of them that have either already been out for awhile or are not worth the price tag.

1/2 switch should have been a pack-in game and not $50 bucks for what you are getting.

Bomberman should have been $30 bucks, MAYBE $40 physical and not $50 out of the gate.

I am Setsuna has been on sale frequently on other devices and should have been $30 (Especially when they just had it on sale a couple of days ago for $23

Binding of Issac (while it was delayed) should be no more then $30, and can be bought way cheaper on other devices.

Lego City Undercover is going to be a full $60 game despite being out for the Wii U forever and being able to be found for less then $10 used (To be fair, this is also going to be the case with the PS4 and Xbox One versions apparently, still doesn't help the switch)

Ultra Street Figher II is going to be a $40 title despite the original HD Remix version only being $20 when it was released years ago and barely adding anything.

What sucks is I do want to pick up more titles for the Switch, but a combination of the poor launch state coupled with extravagant prices for titles that should NOT be this expensive makes me want to just hold off and play Zelda. They really should have held off the launch until May or June (I know they did it because they needed something on the shelves, but still).

I will say that at the very least there is enough Nintendo titles coming out within the next 6-8 months to keep me interested, and it does already have a far better long term launch line-up then the Wii U did when it launched.

Honestly, my biggest problem with a lot of Switch launch window titles is the price for a lot of them that have either already been out for awhile or are not worth the price tag.

1/2 switch should have been a pack-in game and not $50 bucks for what you are getting.
Agree 1000000%

Bomberman should have been $30 bucks, MAYBE $40 physical and not $50 out of the gate.
No argument here... Did get it for $40 (prime discount) so it was easier for me to justify

I am Setsuna has been on sale frequently on other devices and should have been $30 (Especially when they just had it on sale a couple of days ago for $23

Binding of Issac (while it was delayed) should be no more then $30, and can be bought way cheaper on other devices.
Yup! Hate how physical and digital is always the same price at launch. Digital titles should be $5-10 less (that does NOT mean raise MSRP, but just charge less for digital versions)

Lego City Undercover is going to be a full $60 game despite being out for the Wii U forever and being able to be found for less then $10 used (To be fair, this is also going to be the case with the PS4 and Xbox One versions apparently, still doesn't help the switch)
Wasn't it a Wii U launch title?

Ultra Street Figher II is going to be a $40 title despite the original HD Remix version only being $20 when it was released years ago and barely adding anything.
But, but, but........... Buying it regardless.... need a fighter for a 12 flight in september....

What sucks is I do want to pick up more titles for the Switch, but a combination of the poor launch state coupled with extravagant prices for titles that should NOT be this expensive makes me want to just hold off and play Zelda. They really should have held off the launch until May or June (I know they did it because they needed something on the shelves, but still).

I will say that at the very least there is enough Nintendo titles coming out within the next 6-8 months to keep me interested, and it does already have a far better long term launch line-up then the Wii U did when it launched.
This I disagree with....Most systems have crap launch lineups. At least with a game like Zelda, that can easily take up a majority of time, not to mention it seems that more titles will be coming out slowly over the next few weeks, They could have released every game they had planned for this month alone yesterday, but by staggering the release, it gives people time to enjoy their games and if they want more, then awesome. Me, I try to never buy more than 2 games at any given time, as I would probably never get to them both. I really want to play Fast RMX and Setsuna (really wanted the US vita version, but they cancelled it before release, so a portable Setsuna on the switch works for me) but waiting to kill more Bokoblins in Zelda 1st....

Also, what I do find interesting.... It seems like Indies are going to be flooding the switch for the 1st couple of months, with a few being exclusive or timed exclusives, which is neat.

bread's done
Back