Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Good afternoon guys! Love my switch, I still played my ps4 last night but between rainbow six rounds I was actually playing Zelda undocked. Really love the quick start up and I feel that the system runs very good even undocked.

I had trouble unfortunately with a strap, I didn't realize that both straps were universal and I put it on backwards on a joycon. Now that joycon isn't snapping on and off so easy, whatever I suppose. Does anyone know how long I can wait to buy the warranty from best buy? I'm elite.

Also I can't seem to get Bomberman to work as 3 players? The main reason I picked it up was to play that with my son and wife. Has anyone got the chance to try Fast Rmx?

Binding of Issac (while it was delayed) should be no more then $30, and can be bought way cheaper on other devices.
While I agree with most of your points, I have to disagree here. Rebirth itself (the base game) is $15, and I believe Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ are $11 and $10 respectively full price. That's $36 base price, plus the manual, stickers, etc. in the physical version. On top of that, the Switch will be the first handheld/console version to get Afterbirth+; the 3DS, Wii U, and Vita versions never even got the first expansion.

It's easy to look at the graphics and playthrough length and assume it's not even worth half the asking price, but I can guarantee it's 100% completion time is a good deal longer than that of Breath of the Wild.

Here's something interesting... Windows 10 detects the switch as an input device...

30jji3c.png
9j0ro3.png

Good afternoon guys! Love my switch, I still played my ps4 last night but between rainbow six rounds I was actually playing Zelda undocked. Really love the quick start up and I feel that the system runs very good even undocked.

I had trouble unfortunately with a strap, I didn't realize that both straps were universal and I put it on backwards on a joycon. Now that joycon isn't snapping on and off so easy, whatever I suppose. Does anyone know how long I can wait to buy the warranty from best buy? I'm elite.

Also I can't seem to get Bomberman to work as 3 players? The main reason I picked it up was to play that with my son and wife. Has anyone got the chance to try Fast Rmx?
Are you selecting Multiplayer Battle? I made the mistake of trying "Local Battle" which wouldn't let more than 2 controllers join because that's how you play with multiple Switches in the same room.

I'm almost 20 hours into Zelda and I haven't even made it into a dungeon yet. R.I.P going outside
sneaking Zelda in at work..... weekend are dead, and I'm the only one in office...

out of boredom, and zelda breaks, plugged the switch into my phone (Windows 10 mobile) and....i didn't get an invalid device error, but, all it did was attempt to charge the switch. yes, i am plugging in everything I can find :)

we already know USB network drives work

flash drives... nothing.

USB keyboards DO work for text entry!!!! just tried in the eshop search field! number keys on the right do not work... (yes, num lock is on)

No go with a USB mouse

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably should have checked before suggesting myself... been too busy playing Zelda, but they have a few charging dock options http://www.thingiverse.com/search/page:1?sort=relevant&q=nintendo+switch&type=things

Kinda wish someone had a fully modeled version of the current dock, so people could play and mod from there.
When you mentioned it, I remembered I had seen one within the last few days, I just didn't remember where, so I did some digging, and found it. It was posted at GoNintendo a few days back, and I thought it was pretty cool, as the standard dock really serves no purpose for me, and I thought this was perfect for me or my sons needs. I'm sure people will sale these online, or a 3rd party will start releasing alternatives as well over time. So by Christmas, I can get one for my son and keep his NS from unnecessary harm.

Well, it's also supposed to be a limited release. Think Konami took advantage of that and in a few months I think it may be near impossible to find at retail.

I would have bought it anyways since it's the closest thing to Saturn Bomberman's 10 player party mode!
I'll have to keep an eye on this then, and buy it if I see qty's getting low at retail.

Ultra Street Figher II is going to be a $40 title despite the original HD Remix version only being $20 when it was released years ago and barely adding anything.
I agreed with most of what you brought up, and I think besides Zelda, Street Fighter would be my only other purchase until maybe Mario, but while I love SF, I can't play it without a proper 6 button pad. I loved the 3DS game, but it was pretty unplayable on the OG 3DS, when compared to the options of the console at the time. I know there's a fight stick on the way for the NS, but I'm not a user of those.

So while I also agree SF is also very overpriced, I would like to buy it, but I think my chances of seeing anyone offering a 6 button pad is pretty slim, but it could happen if a company like Hori sees the demand for it, as I doubt there will be many options outside of the fight stick. So even if a pad never happens, I would still like to get the game, but probably not for more than $20.

I'm almost 20 hours into Zelda and I haven't even made it into a dungeon yet. R.I.P going outside
Same here. I have been going around finding all the towers so I can see the full map. The landscape is massive. Definitely going to be awhile on this game lol.

Not sure who else got the pro controller, but apparently there is a secret msg written in it.

https://twitter.com/geo_stream/status/837750526322204672/photo/1

Even knowing where to look I had a hard time seeing it on mine lol.  Very cool detail tho.

Are you selecting Multiplayer Battle? I made the mistake of trying "Local Battle" which wouldn't let more than 2 controllers join because that's how you play with multiple Switches in the same room.
I think I picked local battle, maybe your right, I'll try it again in a little bit. The one I picked made me connect 4 people, it wouldn't launch with just 2, I was probably pressing the wrong button.

Just got home from shopping, all I can think about was playing some more Zelda lol. I did get the Zelda traveling case from GameStop (the one with the bow/black) seems very nice.

My PDP screen protector sucks though, its literally the same size of the screen, so it's barely off. I guess it works fine for now, I wasn't comfortable docking it without one

When you mentioned it, I remembered I had seen one within the last few days, I just didn't remember where, so I did some digging, and found it. It was posted at GoNintendo a few days back, and I thought it was pretty cool, as the standard dock really serves no purpose for me, and I thought this was perfect for me or my sons needs. I'm sure people will sale these online, or a 3rd party will start releasing alternatives as well over time. So by Christmas, I can get one for my son and keep his NS from unnecessary harm.

I'll have to keep an eye on this then, and buy it if I see qty's getting low at retail.

I agreed with most of what you brought up, and I think besides Zelda, Street Fighter would be my only other purchase until maybe Mario, but while I love SF, I can't play it without a proper 6 button pad. I loved the 3DS game, but it was pretty unplayable on the OG 3DS, when compared to the options of the console at the time. I know there's a fight stick on the way for the NS, but I'm not a user of those.

So while I also agree SF is also very overpriced, I would like to buy it, but I think my chances of seeing anyone offering a 6 button pad is pretty slim, but it could happen if a company like Hori sees the demand for it, as I doubt there will be many options outside of the fight stick. So even if a pad never happens, I would still like to get the game, but probably not for more than $20.
Idk, Street fighter alpha 3 max on PSP was and still is easily one of the best Street fighter games I've played plus the controls on the PSP were perfect for it. The only thing the joycon is missing in that sense is a dpad, I guess we'll see how the switch version of 2 does

Me and my cousin would set our buttons to mk/X HK/o MP/square HP/triangle LP/L LK/R and we would always be able to do our specials including akumas

Me and my cousin would set our buttons to mk/X HK/o MP/square HP/triangle LP/L LK/R and we would always be able to do our specials including akumas
Yeah, I was pretty good with an SNES pad back in the day, but that was also when I started importing 6 button pads. The Capcom fighting soldier pad is one of my favs, but I'll doubt they will ever release it again for the NS, but I can dream I guess.

Ordered the 429 bundle from Gamestop Thursday night and it shipped today. That was fast.
Gamestop has been pretty good with shipping surprisingly. My friend ordered his from GS and had no troubles with them. I had mine preordered from GS and I thought might as well save on shipping so I switched to Amazon for Prime. Yeah should of kept my GS order.

I mean waiting till Monday is not the worst thing in the world, but because Persona 5 comes out in a month, I am kinda strapped for gaming time because I would like to experience Persona 5 at launch, not still be trying to finish Zelda.

Finally got my Fedex delivery. Plugged it in, put in BotW, and am waiting for it to get a bit of a charge before I jump in. I have to say I do like it. It is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be and a lot thinner. The joy-cons were small, but connected to the tablet, I think they are fine. I guess I can't really say until I actually play something. I was a little tempted to touch the cartridge with my tongue... just to see...

Has anyone got the chance to try Fast Rmx?
So I bought Fast RMX today. I think for 20 dollars its pretty damn solid. 30 tracks with 3 engine classes, 15 vehicles, Up to 4 player splitscreen @ 1080p 60fps, splitscreen for tabletop as well, and online multiplayer. If you enjoy wipeout, and f-zero, then don't hesitate to pick this title up. It feels more like wipeout without weapons than Fzero, but it utilizes a polarity swapping mechanic like Ikaruga. For those unfamiliar, there are boost pads along the tracks, either orange or blue. and you press a button to swap your ships color between the two. If you drive over a pad opposite your polarity you slow down, which leads to some intense moments mid race.

If any one has any other questions about the game or more detailed thoughts I'd be happy to share.

While I agree with most of your points, I have to disagree here. Rebirth itself (the base game) is $15, and I believe Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ are $11 and $10 respectively full price. That's $36 base price, plus the manual, stickers, etc. in the physical version. On top of that, the Switch will be the first handheld/console version to get Afterbirth+; the 3DS, Wii U, and Vita versions never even got the first expansion.

It's easy to look at the graphics and playthrough length and assume it's not even worth half the asking price, but I can guarantee it's 100% completion time is a good deal longer than that of Breath of the Wild.
Not to mention with amazon prime or bb GCU you can get the game for 32 dollars which is steal considering it includes a full color instruction book 2 sticker sheets, and alternate cover art sleeve, and currently the only physical version of the game. I think it seems like a no brainer for 30 bucks.

So this is something neat I didn't try till now, change your region to Japanese on the region or make a new account and set your region to japanese. https://accounts.nintendo.com/

You can download demos from Japan, you can down DragonQuest Heroes 1+2, Puyo Puyo Tetris and VOEZ demo with few other games that I have no idea what they're called.

Tl;dr. Japanese eshop is pimp out

https://twitter.com/KeeperOfWind/status/838240900987805696

Now to find japanese eshop codes on amazon to buy Metal Slug.

Finally got my Fedex delivery. Plugged it in, put in BotW, and am waiting for it to get a bit of a charge before I jump in. I have to say I do like it. It is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be and a lot thinner. The joy-cons were small, but connected to the tablet, I think they are fine. I guess I can't really say until I actually play something. I was a little tempted to touch the cartridge with my tongue... just to see...
Its definitely true, but not as bad as she made it out to be.

So this is something neat I didn't try till now, change your region to Japanese on the region or make a new account and set your region to japanese. https://accounts.nintendo.com/

You can download demos from Japan, you can down DragonQuest Heroes 1+2, Puyo Puyo Tetris and VOEZ demo with few other games that I have no idea what they're called.

I recall hearing that it converts purchases automatically with no need to seek out foreign cards.

I recall hearing that it converts purchases automatically with no need to seek out foreign cards.
That includes current eshop credit? If so I got $5 on Amazon that will be going to Nintendo

Also worth noting that Dragon Quest does have frame drops but isn't bad.
Within the dock the game does run better.

Ah the Switch strap issue. I attached my straps the correct way and still had a tough time getting them off. Not to mention those metal tracks are sharp. There's tons of articles online about this issue. All I could find is that it just gets easier to take off over time.

I just hit my first dungeon after wandering around and doing odd sidequests and exploring for about 15 hours. Not to spoil anything, but you get special abilities from beating the bosses that are very useful. At this point, I am just exploring and finding different things and getting to a point where I am not one-shot by random mobs.

After finally getting some hands on with the console it feels solid and seems like it could be a fun system, but these joy cons are so uncomfortable. The button layout especially L AND R buttons are super hard to get a good feel for. I can't stop thinking how it's ruining my Zelda experience I may need to buy a pro controller.

After finally getting some hands on with the console it feels solid and seems like it could be a fun system, but these joy cons are so uncomfortable. The button layout especially L AND R buttons are super hard to get a good feel for. I can't stop thinking how it's ruining my Zelda experience I may need to buy a pro controller.
I'd recommend it, even if it is way overpriced. Allows you to keep the joycons plugged into the system, and makes it way easier when you want to swap from portable to TV mode. Only downside is I am not a fan of the button location for the plus and minus buttons and the home and screenshot buttons are hard to hit when you need them + too close to other buttons. Outside of that, it has been very comfortable and the battery life has been pretty solid so far on the Pro controller at least.

For some reason I keep pressing the wrong L button and end up popping a bomb rather than targeting or pulling my shield. I don't really understand why I'm doing it, though. But otherwise the only joy-con complaint I have is that it feels awkward to reach from the sticks to the buttons or vice-versa in handheld mode. Individual joy-cons are fine, with or without the grip, but something about the way you hold them in tablet mode just feels the slightest bit wrong.

So far, my personal favorite about BotW is 

How they mark on the map all the places you've died RIP 

By the end of this quest to save Hyrule, there will be no shortage of red Xs I'm sure

XP

The next best thing is how that creepy old man is literally everywhere you decide to go.

Stranger danger lol

So I bought Fast RMX today. I think for 20 dollars its pretty damn solid. 30 tracks with 3 engine classes, 15 vehicles, Up to 4 player splitscreen @ 1080p 60fps, splitscreen for tabletop as well, and online multiplayer. If you enjoy wipeout, and f-zero, then don't hesitate to pick this title up. It feels more like wipeout without weapons than Fzero, but it utilizes a polarity swapping mechanic like Ikaruga. For those unfamiliar, there are boost pads along the tracks, either orange or blue. and you press a button to swap your ships color between the two. If you drive over a pad opposite your polarity you slow down, which leads to some intense moments mid race.

If any one has any other questions about the game or more detailed thoughts I'd be happy to share.
Thanks! I got the credit, just need to pull the trigger.
Ah the Switch strap issue. I attached my straps the correct way and still had a tough time getting them off. Not to mention those metal tracks are sharp. There's tons of articles online about this issue. All I could find is that it just gets easier to take off over time.
. I freaked out because when I did it the strap was so easy to slide on even though it was backwards, then it slid about a third of the way too far before I realized it wasn't going on right. When I tried sliding it back it was just stuck, in a way where I had to force it very roughly to get it back off. I feel like handled it bad haha, scary since it was my first day owning this thing. Really makes me wish I got a warranty

Anyone with a macbook or any other usb type c powered device try a dongle like this and see if it works? I'd assume it would, but this is Nintendo. https://www.amazon.com/Inspira-Recharging-MacBook-Chromebook-Devices/dp/B01GKSPMCQ
At the moment, the answer is it won't work....I have a different dock, and the dock detects video/usb, the switch doesn't output to it. I think the switch may require it's ac adapter to be plugged in as well, but don't want to risk frying my dock

if you use your main account, I heard that all credit is lost when you switch regions, BUT you keep all your downloads and purchases under one account. Using 2 separate accounts would be the safe bet.

I'm not really having an issue with the joy-con controllers. I feel like, yes, I could probably play better and die less and have an easier time remembering which buttons do what if I did have a pro controller, but that $70 is a hard ass pill to swallow. I propped the tablet up against my bed's headboard and laid down comfortably playing it in bed with each joy-con in hand.

I tried to play it in regular handheld mode, but the tablet is a little heavy for playing over an extended period of time. Also, I played for 2 hours and still have half a charge still on it. I was sure I heard somewhere that playing BotW undocked drained battery quickly.

I didn't have it plugged in while I was playing for the 2 hours. I did dim the screen a little, though I don't suspect it would have had that significant of an impact on the battery life.

Yeah, I haven't played more than an hour and a half at a time, but with the screen at maybe 40-60% brightness I'd estimate between 3 and 4 hours on a full charge, even with the speakers on. Not nearly as bad as I'd figured; I thought I might have to do some serious stretching to get to three. WiFi's not off, but also rarely connected to the one router I've given it access to.

I also heard a bunch of people saying that the Switch wasn't a pocket handheld, and I'll admit I haven't tried it with my slimmer jeans or khakis, but I've tried both a pair or regular and relaxed fit jeans, and as long as the joycons are detached it fits just fine in a front pocket. The regular fit jeans required a bit more maneuvering to tuck the detached joycons into the same pocket, though.

Yeah, I haven't played more than an hour and a half at a time, but with the screen at maybe 40-60% brightness I'd estimate between 3 and 4 hours on a full charge, even with the speakers on. Not nearly as bad as I'd figured; I thought I might have to do some serious stretching to get to three. WiFi's not off, but also rarely connected to the one router I've given it access to.

I also heard a bunch of people saying that the Switch wasn't a pocket handheld, and I'll admit I haven't tried it with my slimmer jeans or khakis, but I've tried both a pair or regular and relaxed fit jeans, and as long as the joycons are detached it fits just fine in a front pocket. The regular fit jeans required a bit more maneuvering to tuck the detached joycons into the same pocket, though.

Is that a Nintendo Switch in your pocket or are you freaking Mandingo?! 😆

Jokes aside, I don't really consider any contemporary handhelds pocket systems. If I tried to put any of those things into my pockets, I couldn't do it comfortably. I may be a little biased as I hate carrying almost anything in my pockets. I hate a large number of keys on a single ring, I hate carrying ANY keys with a keychain... My wife has all these damn girly and unwieldy keychains... I hate having more than just a few coins in my pockets, etc. Lol
/rant

Who the fuck wants to put a switch in their pocket? Is this really an issue people are concerned about? I don't think this is a real thing.

Who the fuck wants to put a switch in their pocket? Is this really an issue people are concerned about? I don't think this is a real thing.
Exactly what I was going to say. If you have to break the system into pieces to fit it you are doing too much. Are you seriously going to carry it in your pocket? Please don't. Get a man purse and move on. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is anyone out in CAG land in front of a BB. I wld prefer getting the 2nd system from BB and not keep the WM to get the points/rewards. Grabbing a chair and heading out in a second. If I am too late I hope I am alerted before I am sitting there for an hour and half.

Is anyone out in CAG land in front of a BB. I wld prefer getting the 2nd system from BB and not keep the WM to get the points/rewards. Grabbing a chair and heading out in a second. If I am too late I hope I am alerted before I am sitting there for an hour and half.
i am tempted to go to Target...did they hold stock back for Sun since Switch is on their Sunday ads' front page?

I realize this is only tangentially related, but if you are a Nintendo fan/collector/on the fence about Switch, make sure you grab a Wii U BotW.  They have disappeared from everywhere (walmart, target, amazon, gamestop) except TRU and BB.  Don't know that they will be restocked.

I get my switch later today but need to pick up a memory card.

I know about game save data, but can you transfer downloaded software between the internal memory and the sd card?

I realize this is only tangentially related, but if you are a Nintendo fan/collector/on the fence about Switch, make sure you grab a Wii U BotW. They have disappeared from everywhere (walmart, target, amazon, gamestop) except TRU and BB. Don't know that they will be restocked.
I figured it would go fast, as there are a lot of users who just didn't want the NS right now, but still wanted Zelda, and that user base is pretty large, especially for this game. Most people only kept their U's as long as they did for this game. I'm also sure "N" made the least amount possible, so when the option comes up to a potential buyer, they may do the NS game due to lack of the U version physically being available anywhere. Or they buy digital, and either way it's more money for "N".

I know when the rumors first started last year that the Wii U had stopped production, and it was well before the holidays, people thought it couldn't be possible, as why would they stop making the system, when it's best game wasn't even out yet? Of course "N" is playing the long game(whatever that may actually be), so in the end, they only released the Wii U game because they had to, not because they wanted to, so seeing limited qty should be of little surprise to no one.

I recommend it as well, if anyone wants the U version of Zelda, get it sooner rather than later, as it won't be around long, I'm sure.

bread's done
Back