Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I have put about 6 hours into Zelda. I currently prefer playing with the joycons detached( I can just let my arms flop to wherever I want instead of being "constrained" to holding a single unit in front of me). Only issue for me is with the gyro targeting when they are separated. The reticle floats a bunch.

I haven't played a game with the pro controller but I did feel all over it. Wow, it feels really great. I love the material and the handle grips. Feels REAL good.

BB associate just came out w/ 18 tickets. 8 Neons and 10 Grey. I am getting a Grey so I have both. The associate had at least 3 more tickets. BB on Morse Cbus Ohio.

I know it's small but already my left joycon trigger is looser than the right. The travel distance to fully hit the button is about twice as much. Bought it from gamestop so I'm fuck  out of luck. 

Google Square Trade Warranty. You may be able to get a warranty through them. Since the system was just released are you sure GS won't allow you a warranty purchase?

I know it's small but already my left joycon trigger is looser than the right. The travel distance to fully hit the button is about twice as much. Bought it from gamestop so I'm fuck out of luck.

Does gamestop actually have units we can order in store for their next shipment. like the add on their website says?  I was going to be heading over anyway this morning, but this would make me go earlier.

Since the system was just released are you sure GS won't allow you a warranty purchase?
They do have a 30 day return policy for all defective product, but then I'd have to return the whole console making me loose my 20+ hour save file of zelda and my horse I just tamed named Pancakes.

They do have a 30 day return policy for all defective product, but then I'd have to return the whole console making me loose my 20+ hour save file of zelda and my horse I just tamed named Pancakes.
This is the one of the hundred frustrating things about the Switch. I want to exchange mine as well but will lose my save. Seriously it's 2017 what kind of amateur shit is it to not have cloud saves or a way to allow me to move my saves to the SD card?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Does gamestop actually have units we can order in store for their next shipment. like the add on their website says? I was going to be heading over anyway this morning, but this would make me go earlier.
when i was there yesterday they said the next shipment is in April. take that with a grain of salt.

I have put about 6 hours into Zelda. I currently prefer playing with the joycons detached( I can just let my arms flop to wherever I want instead of being "constrained" to holding a single unit in front of me). Only issue for me is with the gyro targeting when they are separated. The reticle floats a bunch.

I haven't played a game with the pro controller but I did feel all over it. Wow, it feels really great. I love the material and the handle grips. Feels REAL good.
You can turn off gyro targeting in the settings, but I found that I can score more headshots easier with it on...

This is the one of the hundred frustrating things about the Switch. I want to exchange mine as well but will lose my save. Seriously it's 2017 what kind of amateur shit is it to not have cloud saves or a way to allow me to move my saves to the SD card?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
We are definitely beta testing version 0.9 of a product.

I'm at the point where I might give in and get a pro controller. The joycon are fine when attached to the Switch, but using them while playing on TV feels like they're cheapening the experience. Not really a fan of the grip.

I like how the Japan eshop lists the languages included with games. This going to make it super easy to get Japan exclusives. Several of the games have English. Metal Slug 3, Master Blaster Zero, New Frontier Days, Disgaea 5 there are some others I can't remember now.

Just a heads up. I stopped by my local Walmart last night to see if they had anymore cases out but they didn't. I decided to check out the SD cards, they have the 128gb Samsung SD card for $37. Pretty sure it was $40 on Amazon but sold out.

Just a heads up. I stopped by my local Walmart last night to see if they had anymore cases out but they didn't. I decided to check out the SD cards, they have the 128gb Samsung SD card for $37. Pretty sure it was $40 on Amazon but sold out.
I haven't seen anything Switch related at all at any of the Wal-Marts around here. I wonder if they just sold out of everything or just never got anything.

Bingo. I hate this game saving situation. It's dumb that we can't save to the cart or a memory card.

How's everyone doing? Since release date just had time to review this thread in the last day.
I see some people had an easy time getting unit and games, others not so much.
My GS let us pay for preorders starting 6pm. Spent about 25 minutes on line, got the Zelda $15 case.
Since I have an elderly mom with health problems that I really can't leave alone , I didn't think I would make the midnight opening. Went 12:20am, last to pick up unit. Guy worried I wasn't coming.
Friday was out shopping, BB was in same strip mall. It was like 10:05am, so I decided to stop in. 4 people in front of me, got the neon system I wanted.
Rest of day waited for my BB and Amazon orders to come in. I had so many packages UPS guy backed into driveway. Picked my stack of packages and dropped them off in front of garage, with a big thud. I went to pick them up, they were big but light.
As somebody pointed being worried about BB packaging, I kept my fingers crossed. The Zelda amiibo were placed in padded bags. Cardboard curled and bent.
My Zelda SE was put in a box about 1/2 inch shorter. It was forced in and it looked likeThis morning, since somebody posted their BB or Target was getting 27, and I was out at 10:20am box got stuck in a few machines. The box was exceptional light and crushed. Since by this time in day the SE were all gone, the only thing the BB guy could do is give me $10 off.
Since I had to open it to, to check condition, I looked at the stuff. Cardboard bent but items ok. I think the brown 3D Zelda case is ugly and would be a pain to use.
Amazon UK LE version came in same delivery stack. Took 2 days to get to me. Wasn't expecting until next week. Very light box also. Sits unopened.
Setup system and popped Zelda game in but haven't had time to play. From what everyone is saying, I can't wait to have some free time.

I haven't seen anything Switch related at all at any of the Wal-Marts around here. I wonder if they just sold out of everything or just never got anything.
Yeah they had a whole section for Switch. I have been there 3 times since launch and the accessories have slowly disappeared. A friend got his case from there. They moved the Amibo section and replaced it with the Switch stuff. All they had left was one gray l/r joycon and AC adapters.

What's funny is that there is a Target B2G1 free deal on video games (excludes Switch) this week and nobody is talking about it because everyone is preoccupied with the new Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has Zelda right now if anyone is interested.
I don't know if it's been in stock, but I just got notice of it being in stock. I looked and it's still up.

Whelp Nintendo got my money for sure this weekend. Got my preorder console on Thursday night/Friday morning. Then my wife decided it was going to be too hard to share the one and both of us play Zelda, so we stood out this morning and got her a console from Best Buy....  THEN my sister (in another state) told me she's been looking for one and if I could find one let her know. So I found more at toys r us this morning and bought her one as well. Crazy crazy weekend....

BACK to Zelda!  Enjoy it everyone! 

Oh, and I failed to mention I got sucked in and bought all the amiibo too.  Haha

p.S.  For amiibo people that don't know.  All your amiibo will work in Zelda.  If you scan like Mario or something it just drops resources from the sky like fish or meat.  Pretty cool.

I cant seem to lower the darn bridge at a camp where I killed like 5 bokogoblins. It looks like a treehouse and there are like 20 items up there glowing for me to collect and I want them lol. There's a bridge that is raised and I threw a full onslaught at it and it still wouldn't lower lol. Anyone figure out how to lower these yet? I used the bomb, time freeze, and magnet slate skills and nothing!

I cant seem to lower the darn bridge at a camp where I killed like 5 bokogoblins. It looks like a treehouse and there are like 20 items up there glowing for me to collect and I want them lol. There's a bridge that is raised and I threw a full onslaught at it and it still wouldn't lower lol. Anyone figure out how to lower these yet? I used the bomb, time freeze, and magnet slate skills and nothing!
I've been to one with a bridge but not sure if we are talking about same one? I hit some ropes above it knocking down the bridge down.

I've been to one with a bridge but not sure if we are talking about same one? I hit some ropes above it knocking down the bridge down.
The one on the way to where the frozen river is by the last shrine on the plateau. I did shoot the darn things... Maybe they were missing? I guess I can try that again

Whelp Nintendo got my money for sure this weekend. Got my preorder console on Thursday night/Friday morning. Then my wife decided it was going to be too hard to share the one and both of us play Zelda, so we stood out this morning and got her a console from Best Buy.... THEN my sister (in another state) told me she's been looking for one and if I could find one let her know. So I found more at toys r us this morning and bought her one as well. Crazy crazy weekend....

BACK to Zelda! Enjoy it everyone!
My sister is like that too. The whole "oh I've been looking for this item but I haven't really tried at all and didn't go to any stores"

I was out this morning trying to rent a powered sewer snake with no luck. It was about 10:30am and thinking BB would be open I decided to see if they had any systems, for a friend who hasn't gotten one. There was a line of 4 people waiting outside. They were waiting for BB to open at 11am to get switch. I didn't feel like waiting in cold so went to Target. Target never got their shipment in.
Went back to BB and they had given out tickets to the people on line, still only the 3. The guy in front of me said they had about 2 more. Eventually person came out and gave me a ticket for neon. A line started to form behind me and surprisingly it seemed like they werent there for switch. What wrong with these people???
Got unit called friend. Idiot was still asleep, or am I the idiot for standing out in cold for him. No wonder he never got one.

Knowing my SE might come damaged, I was able to preorder one from Walmart. I also got, so I thought, a preorder for neon one. That one stayed in "undefined by 3/3", so I thought that most likely it would get cancelled. After BB I decided to check check my Walmart account. SE sits in preparing and it turns out not only did switch ship but was out for delivery.
Now do I give it to my kids to have at their mothers house or use it for a bedroom set.

I was out this morning trying to rent a powered sewer snake with no luck. It was about 10:30am and thinking BB would be open I decided to see if they had any systems, for a friend who hasn't gotten one. There was a line of 4 people waiting outside. They were waiting for BB to open at 11am to get switch. I didn't feel like waiting in cold so went to Target. Target never got their shipment in.
Went back to BB and they had given out tickets to the people on line, still only the 3. The guy in front of me said they had about 2 more. Eventually person came out and gave me a ticket for neon. A line started to form behind me and surprisingly it seemed like they werent there for switch. What wrong with these people???
Got unit called friend. Idiot was still asleep, or am I the idiot for standing out in cold for him. No wonder he never got one.

Knowing my SE might come damaged, I was able to preorder one from Walmart. I also got, so I thought, a preorder for neon one. That one stayed in "undefined by 3/3", so I thought that most likely it would get cancelled. After BB I decided to check check my Walmart account. SE sits in preparing and it turns out not only did switch ship but was out for delivery.
Now do I give it to my kids to have at their mothers house or use it for a bedroom set.
Give it to the kiddos. You can buy another dock for $60 for a bedroom set since it is mobile! I'm biased though... I have 2 daughters!

Has anyone been able to successfully charge the switch through a USB-C to USB-A cable?

I purchased an Anker Powerline cable last week to charge it as i played zelda undocked, but the system just refuses to pull a charge.

It shows the lighting symbol that its properly connected so its not the cable. Pretty sure its just the voltage isn't strong enough.

Any adapter piece/plug that i can use with the cable to give the proper voltage? 

P.S. : (They need to add an option in system settings to keep the system powered off while charging, it will always turn on when connected to any usb-c connection, dock or no dock. That just makes it take longer to fully charge) 

Has anyone been able to successfully charge the switch through a USB-C to USB-A cable?

I purchased an Anker Powerline cable last week to charge it as i played zelda undocked, but the system just refuses to pull a charge.
It shows the lighting symbol that its properly connected so its not the cable. Pretty sure its just the voltage isn't strong enough.

Any adapter piece/plug that i can use with the cable to give the proper voltage?

P.S. : (They need to add an option in system settings to keep the system powered off while charging, it will always turn on when connected to any usb-c connection, dock or no dock. That just makes it take longer to fully charge)
Does it stay on? I haven't noticed that yet. I know when I unplug it, it Comes on.

So this is something neat I didn't try till now, change your region to Japanese on the region or make a new account and set your region to japanese. https://accounts.nintendo.com/
You can download demos from Japan, you can down DragonQuest Heroes 1+2, Puyo Puyo Tetris and VOEZ demo with few other games that I have no idea what they're called.
Tl;dr. Japanese eshop is pimp out

https://twitter.com/KeeperOfWind/status/838240900987805696

Now to find japanese eshop codes on amazon to buy Metal Slug.
Do you just have to change the region? I tried this morning and it didn't seem to work.

Fire arrows 🔥

So what are the current options to charge the switch console when not on the dock (aka at another person's house).

I don't own any USB C cables so I am trying to figure out my options. Even if it doesn't charge the system, just being able to plug it in and have it not drain power is fine. I would prefer to not buy a $30 adapter.

To register a physical copy, you need to highlight the game and press the + key and register it to your account with the cartridge in.

I had to call nintendo as the instructions did not mention much on them for the my.nintendo.com

I went to https://my.nintendo.com/missions to see about registering the games I bought, which happen to yield far less gold coins than purchasing digital copies, and have no idea what the heck this is saying:

"You can do this by going to the game's Option Menu on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu after you insert your game card."

I can't find this anywhere to get done. I called Nintendo, 1-800-255-3700, and they could not even figure out what was going on. They informed me I was the first to call about this as they though you got points for digital only.
Push either the + or - and there's an option for the program to register it.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Just for fun, I decided to try out some of the demos that was on the Japanese eShop. One thing I noticed while I was trying out Dragon Quest Heroes and Puyo Puyo Tetris, the picture quality on both games in portable mode was MUCH better and more vibrant then BoTW was in that mode, which I thought was weird considering how vibrant the game looks on my TV. Seriously, I would recommend trying out both if you want a idea how other titles do in portable mode. I want to get Disgaea, but I don't feel like purchasing a bunch of Japanese eShop cards for it. Here is a video I found showing the process if you want to do it: 

https://youtu.be/4R4IQ8yOt8w

Also for fun, I converted the Japanese eShop titles to US dollars (Apologies in advance for not knowing some of the Japanese-only titles):

Bomberman R: $47.25  (More or less the same price)
1/2 Switch: 47.25 (More or less the same price)
Neo Geo Games: $7.23 dollars (Why the hell couldn't we get these? The UK store has them)
Puyo Puyo Tetris: $47.25 (Seems more expensive over there. US pricing has it listed for $39.99, although the PS4 version is $30 so what the fuck is up with these prices? I get that carts are more expensive and they want to charge a premium for it being portable, but this is a digital title)
Snipper Clips: $15.82 (Cheaper in Japan)
Waifu Witch racing game (???): $8.79
Voez: $21.97 (Looks like some rythem game, fair price)
Nobunaga's Ambition: $83.69 (Jesus christ that is too expensive)
Othello: $4.39 (Every Japanese console needs a basic Othello game!)
Japanese Farmville (???): $10.54
Zelda: Breath of the Wild: $66.23 (More expensive­)
Disgaea 5: $66.23 (More expensive­)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2: $83.50 (Jesus christ that is too expensive)
Japanese waifu puzzle game: $13.18 (Looks like shovelware)

With some noticable exceptions (Why the hell is Koei Tecmo stuff always so expensive?), there was a lot more options available for the Japanese launch and many more affordable options. I also find it pretty lame that the UK and Japanese launches got Neo Geo games and we got jack shit. NoA really need to step up their goddamn game this gen. I kind of feel like america got shafted on the launch in general. 

Give it to the kiddos. You can buy another dock for $60 for a bedroom set since it is mobile! I'm biased though... I have 2 daughters!
I was kinda joking, forgot to put lol at end. But the ex is a, almost used that word women hate, head case.

Didn't know u couldn't post emojis. Some of my past post must have seem more confusing than normal. There's a lol there but it didn't post.

regular usb is barely enough to charge it.... i've heard 1% every 6-10 minutes at 3Amps....it may be enough to extend play i little bit, but not worth charging

So what are the current options to charge the switch console when not on the dock (aka at another person's house).

I don't own any USB C cables so I am trying to figure out my options. Even if it doesn't charge the system, just being able to plug it in and have it not drain power is fine. I would prefer to not buy a $30 adapter.
SD has deals at least 1 per week for the USB-C.
They also have quite a few fast chargers go up, Qualcomm 2 and 3.
I have some from when I got a crappy Chinese android/Microsoft tablet.
I have plenty of chargers from my dwelling farm.

I can't speak for the other stores. My toys r us has a ton of pro controllers.

It's in the ad and everyone that waited in line for the switch didn't get the pro

I want to get Disgaea, but I don't feel like purchasing a bunch of Japanese eShop cards for it.

[...]

Disgaea 5: $66.23 (More expensive­)
For what it's worth, game carts are region free too, and Amazon JP is pretty painless for importing. If you let them charge your card in USD, it'd come out to $62.35 shipped for the physical JP version; might even be lower if you let them charge in yen, depending on your bank's exchange rate and foreign transaction fees. It'd be $63.59 for the US version at retail price plus taxes, for me, plus I get to play nearly three months early. With Prime or GCU, though, the US version would be a better deal.

bread's done
Back