Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

It sure is nice not to wake up to hundreds of unread posts every single day now. 

I'm loving Zelda.  Made an underleveled run at Hyrule caslte last night until 6AM.  It was bonkers.   Learned how to easily slay guardians so I cleared pretty much the entire outside of the castle just for fun. 

I really think Nintendo should be paying me for the amount of free advertising I'm giving them when I'm playing on the train.

I was standing the tablet on the table and playing Zelda with a Joy-Con in each hand, fully relaxing my arms. Then this rock thingy came up and I got nervous, quickly snapped on the Cons and brought the screen to my face.

The people next to me had this "oh my god that is cool" expression. Even the conductor stood next to me for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh as there is no option for Bluetooth headphones on the Switch. Unless I am missing it?

Have Bluetooth headphones for my commute to use for the Ipad and Samsung Galaxy Pro.

Luckily I still have a wired set that I use for the 3DS. The volume level on the Switch with headphones is very quiet.
Get a wireless Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the headphone jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can someone check this out nintendo says my system is fucked 

with the system on  take the controlllers  off  the system..   Do you see a white line appear on the side you removed the controlleer comes on for a few seconds then goes off

nintendo says my system is defected but want to see if this is going on with others 

But at least all of the others always included a basic function of rechargabiliy, even if Xbox didn't come with rechargeable connection.
What do think charging the joycons on the Switch in the dock is considered if not basic recharging functionality?!??!??

And really I'd argue that the Switch has the best recharging system out of the box among the Switch, PS4 and X1. You don't have to mess with a USB cable and the joycons have a 20 hr battery life. The recharging system on the Switch is like the aftermarket charging solutions you can buy for wiimotes or the DualShock 4 where you set the controller in a charging dock.

The charging grip really only exists as a way to charge a 2nd set of joycons.

Think about what you just said, you're saying it's okay that the controller isn't chargeable while the console is being played. The fact I have to buy an out of box accessory to charge my controllers while playing the dame things is inexcusable and unprecedented. At least with the 360 you could just replace the batteries if you didn't have the play and charge kit. (Which it should have came with too!)
No he's saying it's ok and even better because the joycon battery life is ridiculously long and the cable-free recharging system is easy to use.

I think what's unprecedented is including a controller charging dock out of the box.

Some of you are too focused on what isn't there that was there before and not focused enough on what is there that was never there before.

with the system on take the controlllers off the system.. Do you see a white line appear on the side you removed the controlleer comes on for a few seconds then goes off

nintendo says my system is defected but want to see if this is going on with others
i hope its not defective, because i think i notice the same thing all the time. too bad my switch is at home. i would check it out now again.

with the system on take the controlllers off the system.. Do you see a white line appear on the side you removed the controlleer comes on for a few seconds then goes off

Mine does it. Looks like it shows the joy-con sliding off or sliding on and clipping into place. Nothing wrong looking to me.

i was wondering when does nintendo normally update the eshop? im wondering if blaster master zero will be live tonight at midnight(PST).

It's weird that a Zagg screen protector for the Switch is sold at Best Buy but doesn't exist anywhere on the internet.

Not sure if we're seeing the same thing - I would post an image of what I'm seeing, but it's a PITA.

Who at Nintendo? A phone rep?
Yeah, this is normal. I have a neon console and the lines are color coordinated to the joy cons when I snap them back in.

I finally got around to opening my NS today and after playing 1/2 switch & bomberman, I'm a bit disappointed. It just seems another nintendo gimmicky device. The hardware and controllers feels very fragile and cheap. I'm having buyer's remorse, as there are so many great games on ps4 that I have already bought and can not even find the time to play. My kids are pc gamers and the little one just don't really understand how to use the gimmicky joycons. I'm hoping my perception would change if/when I ever find the time to start my zelda adventure.
You're doing it wrong if you didn't play Zelda first. Those other games are crap. Zelda is the One ring.

No he's saying it's ok and even better because the joycon battery life is ridiculously long and the cable-free recharging system is easy to use.

I think what's unprecedented is including a controller charging dock out of the box.

Some of you are too focused on what isn't there that was there before and not focused enough on what is there that was never there before.
I can tell you what was there before the Nintendo Switch, the ability to play and charge my controllers at the same exact time. You are unable to do that on the Switch unless you buy an out of the box accessory, tell me another console that has done this. Like I said, at least the 360 allowed you to replace it with disposable batteries.

RIME: "The game is also in development for the Switch, but this version won’t arrive until sometime later this summer according to the new press release. Additionally, it will cost $39.99 USD on the Switch, $10 more than it costs on the other platforms ($29.99 USD)."

Rime Launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on May 26, 2017, Nintendo Switch Late This Summer - DualShockers
https://apple.news/A6N2No_hkMS685JtQiK-THw

I guess I'll be getting it on PS4.

Yeah but it's not on the website so no reviews exist anywhere for it. I won't be buying it anyway until they remove the employee discount block from Switch accessories. :whistle2:
Yeah I'm waiting for that too. Part of the reason why I haven't really bought anything extra

RIME: "The game is also in development for the Switch, but this version won’t arrive until sometime later this summer according to the new press release. Additionally, it will cost $39.99 USD on the Switch, $10 more than it costs on the other platforms ($29.99 USD)."

Rime Launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on May 26, 2017, Nintendo Switch Late This Summer - DualShockers

Gotta love that cartridge tax...

Yeah I'm waiting for that too. Part of the reason why I haven't really bought anything extra

I wonder how long it will take because they never bothered to remove the block on NES Classic extension cables.

tell me another console that has done this. Like I said, at least the 360 allowed you to replace it with disposable batteries.
Disposable batteries are technically an out-of-the-box accessory. You need to use a different example, such as the DualShock 3. It needed a mini-USB cable to charge it's controllers, but the PS3 usually came with one of these cables as it was also needed for syncing the controller to the system. Using the 360's controller as an example is very poor, as you were required to provide your own rechargeable solution, or else go out and purchase disposable batteries for the controllers, that would eventually end up costing you more than the $30 Nintendo is charging for the charging grip that you're so butt-hurt over. If you're going to whine about something, at least do a decent job of it. Batteries aren't free.

The PS3, PS4, and the various rechargeable handhelds are the only systems that have come with what you're describing in the box. Most home consoles have required that you purchase additional accessories to charge and play at the same time. This is intentional, it encourages additional accessory sales, and is a way for the console manufacturer to make nice with physical stores.

While the Switch controller charging does make for some slight inconvenience, the fact that the controller's batteries last upwards of 20 hours makes it a fairly minimal issue. Especially since sliding them onto the system while its docked will charge them for you when you're not playing. This is fairly conducive to most use cases. And extreme cases are quite welcome to spend $30 on the charging dock, or purchase a Pro controller.

Some notes on importing Japanese physical games:

- The games with English support really seem to include it fully. Even the Home screen cards and titles are probably identical to what you'd see in an American release:

CsYIjGF.jpg

- Maybe I just picked some bad examples here (I Am Setsuna has no physical NA release, and Disgaea 5 won't be out here until the end of May), but it doesn't seem like you can collect My Nintendo points on out-of-region games. Both of them give the same error saying I can't collect points "yet". The My Nintendo page seems to link points given to the USD value of the game, so a game with a title code for another region likely won't credit. I might try again once Disgaea 5 is out in the US, but I wouldn't count on much changing.

FSg92ZQ.jpg

- DHL's tracking system is perfectly serviceable for tracking packages up into the "destination service area". Once they take it and hand it off to another carrier, it's utterly worthless. Instead of giving you the new tracking number for whatever carrier has it, they'll update the DHL number with a new "Forwarded for delivery" status every time the other carrier's tracking updates. Nothing on what's actually happening or even where it is; every update I got on my package in the last 48 hours was still stated as being located in Milwaukee, a state over and 300 miles away.

I finally had a chance to try the switch in portable mode for a extended period of time and had a chance to time it. With BoTW, I was able to get 3 hours and 15 minutes on auto brightness with the switch charged to 100% (charged it down to 5%) and wifi turned on. Not as bad as I was thinking, but not as good as it could be. I really hope if they do a revision 2, they can get that up to 4-5 hours. I might try it later with Shovel Knight and see how it does. 

Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous about taking so new and so expensive (with saves that cannot be backed up) out into public, and I was at a location that is safe. I would be nervous as hell about taking this thing out in public at a location I was not as familiar with. I had it in a protective case for most of the time (I will say the HORI Switch case is pretty decent, would recommend if you want a no-thrills case). 

I finally had a chance to try the switch in portable mode for a extended period of time and had a chance to time it. With BoTW, I was able to get 3 hours and 15 minutes on auto brightness with the switch charged to 100% (charged it down to 5%) and wifi turned on. Not as bad as I was thinking, but not as good as it could be. I really hope if they do a revision 2, they can get that up to 4-5 hours. I might try it later with Shovel Knight and see how it does.

Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous about taking so new and so expensive (with saves that cannot be backed up) out into public, and I was at a location that is safe. I would be nervous as hell about taking this thing out in public at a location I was not as familiar with. I had it in a protective case for most of the time (I will say the HORI Switch case is pretty decent, would recommend if you want a no-thrills case).
For me, taking it out in public consists of the switch going into it's case, then into a backpack, and once I get to work, lock the door and play if its dead. If I do have to handle a call, it goes back into its case and into a desk drawer....

Then again. I have trust issues and trust no one

- Maybe I just picked some bad examples here (I Am Setsuna has no physical NA release, and Disgaea 5 won't be out here until the end of May), but it doesn't seem like you can collect My Nintendo points on out-of-region games. Both of them give the same error saying I can't collect points "yet". The My Nintendo page seems to link points given to the USD value of the game, so a game with a title code for another region likely won't credit. I might try again once Disgaea 5 is out in the US, but I wouldn't count on much changing.
FSg92ZQ.jpg

I wonder if it would give you coins if you change your region through accounts.nintendo.com.

I can tell you what was there before the Nintendo Switch, the ability to play and charge my controllers at the same exact time. You are unable to do that on the Switch unless you buy an out of the box accessory, tell me another console that has done this. Like I said, at least the 360 allowed you to replace it with disposable batteries.
Yeah and now, in 2017, the Switch controllers have a 20 hr battery life and are easily charged on the charging dock included in the box without having to buy batteries and switch them in and out nor fiddle with a usb cable and having that permanently hanging off your console.

I would rather put the joycons back on the dock every night than leave them out and have to play every 3 or 4 days with a usb cable running across the living room. Nevermind having it to plug it in and curl it back out of the way or storing it when you aren't using it and finding it again.

Plus, if your controllers are dead to begin with, because you never bothered to put them back on the dock, the charging grip won't suddenly make them ready to play a party game like 1 2 Switch nor a local multiplayer game like Snipperclips or Bomberman or the upcoming Mario Kart 8 enhanced port.

And dead joycons aren't good for the battery life in handheld mode either.

Think about what you just said, you're saying it's okay that the controller isn't chargeable while the console is being played. The fact I have to buy an out of box accessory to charge my controllers while playing the dame things is inexcusable and unprecedented. At least with the 360 you could just replace the batteries if you didn't have the play and charge kit. (Which it should have came with too!)
Not to argue and I may not even see your reply. Why force us who charge the controller's on the unit and play with a pro controller for a pack in charger and increase the base cost, when a lot of users can pick that up if they need it? I would rather pay 299 instead of 325 and pickup the charger later if I feel the need. It's all perspective.

It's not solely a handheld. It's a switch both docked and portable as the first commercial showed and the dock and joycon with the unit meet that requirement. They gave a wall plug, a dock, joycon grip, HDMI and that does it all. Anything else buy or don't as you need. They last upwards of 20 hours, take a nap or something and let them charge.

Works for me. A few people across various websites seem to try to bitch no matter what. Don't buy it then until the production costs come down and they include those things or reduce retail. That's the smart cheapassgamer way technically. Otherwise pay the premium to have it at release and enjoy it as it's fresh.

Anyway everyone can carry on, it's just crazy the various reasons people just aren't satisfied no matter whatwthe item is. Can't please everyone I suppose. I'm having a blast with mine.

For me, taking it out in public consists of the switch going into it's case, then into a backpack, and once I get to work, lock the door and play if its dead. If I do have to handle a call, it goes back into its case and into a desk drawer....
Then again. I have trust issues and trust no one
Good job man they're always watching. Don't let them get you. They hear everything.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, in stock date 3/16...estimated delivery 3/21. Prime just gets worse and worse... :bs:

Mine is guesstimating 3/15-3/17
Yeah its weird. I ordered mine a few days ago and it said it should ship and arrive by the 10th...then it was delayed to shipping between 15th-16th... but I was alerted today that it shipped and is on its way. So I'm guessing in the next few days? lol

- The games with English support really seem to include it fully. Even the Home screen cards and titles are probably identical to what you'd see in an American release:

CsYIjGF.jpg

FSg92ZQ.jpg

- DHL's tracking system is perfectly serviceable for tracking packages up into the "destination service area". Once they take it and hand it off to another carrier, it's utterly worthless. Instead of giving you the new tracking number for whatever carrier has it, they'll update the DHL number with a new "Forwarded for delivery" status every time the other carrier's tracking updates. Nothing on what's actually happening or even where it is; every update I got on my package in the last 48 hours was still stated as being located in Milwaukee, a state over and 300 miles away.
Thanks for the update about the Japanese games.

I do think there's a chance you'll be able to get those points in the future, though. They're just not available now since the games still haven't been released in the West. So they're probably not in the 'system', so to speak.

Here's a stand I got in an ad on Amazon. It says it's specifically made for the switch.
It's expensive and I don't think the base is long enough to keep the switch stable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5LVFDB?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1

That looks great actually. Better than the Hori IMO
Agree with whoknows. That one looks really elegant and more high-end than the Hori one. The Hori one looks too busy. Will probably get this in the future. Thanks for the heads up, Red Knight.

That sucks. Hopefully the Switch version will still have good sales since there won't be many titles on Switch when it comes out. But I guess I won't be personally affected as I already planned on double-dipping on this game. So will just play it first on PS4, then get it on Switch when it's available there. The game pulls heavily from two of my favorite series of all time- Zelda and Team ICO games- so I want to support it as much as possible.

I really think Nintendo should be paying me for the amount of free advertising I'm giving them when I'm playing on the train.

I was standing the tablet on the table and playing Zelda with a Joy-Con in each hand, fully relaxing my arms. Then this rock thingy came up and I got nervous, quickly snapped on the Cons and brought the screen to my face.

The people next to me had this "oh my god that is cool" expression. Even the conductor stood next to me for a while.
We all know you just want a cute girl to ogle at your Switch. :razz:

Nintendo-Switch-Woman-3.jpg

I've gotten all of the memories, all dungeons, a tooon of shrines (full stamina, 15 hearts), all towers, a whole heap of side quests etc and I'm only at 19% completion. NINETEEN PERCENT. HOW IS THIS GAME SO BIG 

Also, played Zelda at the doctor's office today. Best time I've ever spent in a waiting room.

bread's done
Back