Nintendo USB Wifi Adapter annoyance.

nirv

CAGiversary!
I have Wiconnect24 enabled on my Wii and I'm using the Nintendo USB Wifi adapter (I don't have a wireless router) and about every 3-5 minutes, the icon in my system tray makes an annoying popping noise showing me someone has connected and there's no way that I can tell to turn the sound off.

Anything I can do without having to disable WiConnect24™?

Ugh, that would be obnoxious.

I'm assuming it's actually Windows, treating the USB thing as a network device and popping things up?

My suggestion would be 2 things. Either:

1. (Sell the USB thing and) Get a wireless router. It's close to the same price as the USB device and far, far more useful.

2. Try some registry hacks to disable those messages. I know there's a way to do it. Try hunting around on Windows tweak sites.

It isn't Windows... it's the connector registration tool itself. It just did it again, here's a screenshot. It's so goddamned annoying.

annoyingwifi.jpg

Go into the Sounds control panel. Remove the sound for the 'System Notification' entry.

That should remove the sound. As for the message itself, that's how the NWFC USB adaptor software works, so you can't really remove that.

bread's done
Back