Nintendo Wii available @ Amazon.com

Utterly insane how long this thing has been in short supply... I actually think Ebay prices will go back up as the holidays approach.

[quote name='iGen']lol gamestop.

lol sales tax.

lol crappy customer service[/quote]lol most states require you to pay sales tax on online purchases at year end anyway

Definitely looks like it's starting to be in stock more often, especially at EB/GS as noted above.

I saw 4-5 sitting at my local Target a few weeks back and held off on purchasing because of the sales tax (plus I was just getting this as a gift) Saved me about $22.00 buying from amazon.

[quote name='OGHowie']Good deal and I have never heard of anyone having to pay sales tax at the end of the year. What states are these?[/quote]Ohio, I seem to recall Michigan asking the same, only two places I've lived to say from experience. Technically you only have to "estimate."

[quote name='OGHowie']Good deal and I have never heard of anyone having to pay sales tax at the end of the year. What states are these?[/quote]

When I was doing my NY state taxes back in March/April there was a question to estimate how much merchandise you bought online without having to pay tax on.

I just hope they don't start imposing tax on online sales from places like Amazon. That would be the end!

lol... i think thesecond you post this thread was the second it became sold out. i remember getting a wii from amazon a few months ago and by pure luck saw wii on sale. i quickly bought it and by the time i finished my order and went back to the wii page it was gone.

i walked into a gamestop over the summer and they had three i said let me think a bout it for a sec then the kid behind me bought it so i said i guess he made my decision for me

Is it seriously still THAT hard to find places? Every week I go into BB (PT employee) and I see a couple dozen sitting there at the service desk. Sure they are gone in a few days. I have noticed my store gets them on Thursdays with the truck.

2.5 hrs later still available on Amazon.
Guess the mobb hasn't found out yet. CAG's get them while they last

[quote name='botticus']Ohio, I seem to recall Michigan asking the same, only two places I've lived to say from experience. Technically you only have to "estimate."[/quote]

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else on this forum actually understood this. All states require you to estimate sales tax on online and out-of-state, non-taxed purchases to be claimed on the state tax forms.

So legally, yes, sales tax will be charged on this.

Got it. The first time it came up my boss came while it was sitting in my shopping cart, when I got back it was gone, but then it came back again! Hooray!

Here in Atlanta there have been no Wiis at Target, EB, Microcenter, Fry's, Circuit City, Best Buy... anywhere.

bread's done
Back