Nintendo Wii On Sale at Midnight 11/19 on ToysRUs.com - Confirmed

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Nintendo Wii: Action Bundle $589.92
  • Nintendo Wii Console, Wii Starter Kit (Includes 512MB Memory Card, System Tray and Controller).
  • Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Zelda Twilight Princess, Madden NFL '07 and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.
Nintendo Wii: Kids & Family Bundle $489.94
  • Nintendo Wii Console, Wii Starter Kit (Includes 512MB Memory Card, System Tray and Controller).
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Madden NFL '07, SpongeBob Creature From the Krusty Krab and Excite Truck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got an email from the TRU affiliate program which contained the following news.

Nintendo Wii launches on our site at Midnight on 11/19 and is expected to sell out.
Nothing was mentioned, but considering how TRU handled the Xbox 360 launch, it is probably a safe bet that the Wii will be sold in bundle form only on toysrus.com. No word yet on the PS3.

p.s. I posted this in the Deal/Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights forum as the sale date is pretty far away.
We will have a new thread in the Video Game Deals forum on the 19th.

So the key is to make sure you are already registered to the site and your profile is updated with all pertinent information. That away when you purchase at midnight, it is a matter of clicking through screens rather than filling the information in with credit information ect.. I guess that goes for any site that you are looking to get one from. Also, two computers side by side helps if you are watching for systems from different websites. Autorefresh ever few seconds, ect...

Do it right and you will get one.

I wonder if TRU is gearing up to sell at midnight because I noticed there is a new bundle showing. They now have a 20GB and 60GB PS3 bundle listed on thier site. I don't remember the 20GB being there when I checked it out this morning.

[quote name='maxgle']does anyone know if TRU goin to open early tomorrow?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that they aren't. There might ba a few, but i'm pretty sure none are.

Yeah, prolly cuz people are playing their Wii!

I was the 1st person in TRU at Midnight in Sterling Hts, MI. Me and my buddy were afraid we were gonna get jumped when we walked out!

according to wikipedia, "Midnight marks both the start and the end of each day in throughout the world. Since, therefore, two midnights are associated with each day, conventions are needed to distinguish between them."

so, midnight of the 19th... start or end of the 19th? LOL

[quote name='scrapdawg02']according to wikipedia, "Midnight marks both the start and the end of each day in throughout the world. Since, therefore, two midnights are associated with each day, conventions are needed to distinguish between them."

so, midnight of the 19th... start or end of the 19th? LOL[/QUOTE]

lol

It'd be dumb to do it midnight the day after release, though.

[quote name='lukewarmwater']come on... come on...

So I tried to log in with my amazon account, but it wouldn't let me, is that right?[/QUOTE]

TRU and amazon are no longer one
they split over the summer

[quote name='lukewarmwater']come on... come on...

So I tried to log in with my amazon account, but it wouldn't let me, is that right?[/QUOTE]

Thought it was TRU?

[quote name='McToots']I'm going to be pissed if I go to bed now and it shows up in an hour or so[/QUOTE]

Likely to happen.

Someone had posted in the review comments on amazon.com saying that the sales rank of the Wii went up in the last hour. Possibly they all sold out within a matter of a minute. If that is true, hardly a 100:1 chance...

Tho i think it will be on later in the morning. doesnt seem possible to sell that fast. never showed any availability. now the question is waiting for the stupid time. not worth it anymore. ill just play my xbox 360.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Someone had posted in the review comments on amazon.com saying that the sales rank of the Wii went up in the last hour. Possibly they all sold out within a matter of a minute. If that is true, hardly a 100:1 chance...

Tho i think it will be on later in the morning. doesnt seem possible to sell that fast. never showed any availability. now the question is waiting for the stupid time. not worth it anymore. ill just play my xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

but amazon and tru are no longer affliated with each other. So it selling/not selling at TRU would not affect the amazon.com sales ranking

I called and got a rep they wont put it up until "sometime" during the day.

BTW RadioShack.com is no longer getting my business I got a wii today and they cancelled my order without notification, because they didnt get their alotment of wii's terrible business by them, I hate all this hype, Nintendo and Sony would make tons of money if the put crap on the shelves.

I have a feeling I could refresh all night and then just to to a B&M store in a few hours when TRU never makes the Wii bundle available.

I'm just gonna show up at 8am at my Target today. They have 140 units and they're not letting people line up but even if they did they wouldn't have 140 people.

bread's done
Back