Nintendo Wii Shipments

centracore

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know on what days what stores are receiving Nintendo Wii Shipments?

They are still pretty much impossible to find around here and with Christmas coming I believe I'm going to need to camp out to get one...

I see them at Zellers from time to time. Try visiting them on the weekends (Saturdays I think), that's when they usually restock. This is especially true for rural areas where the population isn't as dense. :p

Though this is also true for Walmart and other department stores.

I see them some of the time at HMV. Not sure when they restock, but they don't sell out of them as fast as a place like Wal-Mart or Toys R Us would.

[quote name='centracore']So Saturday is essentially Wii day at most major retailers?[/quote]

Used the wrong word. I should have said 'This MAY be true with other department stores as well'. Though, obviously, if you live in a big city like Toronto, you're pretty SOL unless you're really lucky.

The best time to go is durning weekdays in the afternoon, unless a store is holding them for the weekend. Best stores to look at are store's people don't generally think to look. Loblaws/Real Canadian grocery store, Roger Video, Block Buster, and Microplay are a good place to start. I also heard some Shoppers drugmarts were suppose to get Wii's in store, I haven't checked.

I think TRU is Saturday. Yeah, like Zelda said, check out the places that aren't known for selling game systems like Rogers Video and HMV.

I just heard two pieces of info that might help:
- EB Games will have anywhere from 10 to 20+ Wiis tomorrow at every location
- Future Shop in Brampton is having its grand opening on the 30th and will have 80+ Wiis to sell

[quote name='shifty_37']Actually saw lots at a local Shoppers drugmart, had about 10 on the shelf.[/quote]

wtf? ive never seen a shoppers that sold video games ever... maybe like mp3 players or cameras but never video game consoles o_O

which city are you in?

[quote name='Firestorm']I just heard two pieces of info that might help:
- EB Games will have anywhere from 10 to 20+ Wiis tomorrow at every location
- Future Shop in Brampton is having its grand opening on the 30th and will have 80+ Wiis to sell[/quote]

EB Games everywhere in Canada should have 10 to 20 Wii's or is that in one specific city?

[quote name='AeonX']wtf? ive never seen a shoppers that sold video games ever... maybe like mp3 players or cameras but never video game consoles o_O

which city are you in?[/quote]
My brother got his 360 from Shoppers on some weird points deal. I believe they usually keep consoles in the back. It can't hurt to give them a call if you're looking.

[quote name='AeonX']wtf? ive never seen a shoppers that sold video games ever... maybe like mp3 players or cameras but never video game consoles o_O

which city are you in?[/quote]

I'm in Ancaster, saw them while I was in hamilton, Upper Wellington location, they had a stand with wii's, DS's, Games for both also. Very weird seeing that there.

In Toronto's Eaton centre the Games store that's not officially video games on the lower level has like 20 Wii's at the top. No one ever buys them.

That eaton centre game store sold right out of the 12 they had. My local shoppers had 26 and sold out that day. looks like finding one is still a chore around toronto. i walked into the new futureshop and folks were arguing with the poor clerk over trying to get one...

My friend works at rogers video and he told me to post this...

roger's video shippments come every tuesday and thursday.. that's when they get the systems... all he'd have to do is find out where the purolator truck is, then follow it to the next store... so many people are doing that now... they start at the OC.. then follow it to the whitby store..

Note (whibty is refering to the GTA) YMMV

[quote name='rkraupa']

roger's video shippments come every tuesday and thursday.. that's when they get the systems... all he'd have to do is find out where the purolator truck is, then follow it to the next store... so many people are doing that now... they start at the OC.. then follow it to the whitby store..

[/quote]

mine got six Wii's on Wednesday so I guess it doesnt hold true across the board

[quote name='rkraupa']

[/quote]

Whether the above is true or not, the carrier should not be posted! Can you imagine if you're one of those drivers and everytime you look back you see someone following you? I for one do not like to be stalked!

bread's done
Back