Nintendo Wii System...OMG *gasp*...it's a deal!

[quote name='Erving']not even worth the effort.[/quote]

possibly...but you know if it was Amazon doing this promo, people would be going nuts for it. Just thought I'd make people aware.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']possibly...but you know if it was Amazon doing this promo, people would be going nuts for it. Just thought I'd make people aware.[/quote]

Naaahhh, they'd be pissing and moaning about it, just like this "deal". :/

[quote name='gunm']Naaahhh, they'd be pissing and moaning about it, just like this "deal". :/[/quote]

Yeah, and some people are just impossible to please. If a store sells 10 Wii's for $99 is that not a deal for those 10 people? There are plenty of deals that people miss out on. That's just the nature of the beast. Just because it isn't spoon fed to you doesn't make it any less of a deal.

Well, you would actually only have 18 cents. I think you would need 12,500 posts. Still, thanks for posting OP. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the post, I have one already but know some people who might consider trying. YES, it seems impossible you might get it but someone will get it every hour and MAYBE just MAYBE it might be you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, it no more crazy then getting up at freakin 4am to go shopping for deals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Derrick1979']Just about Every Gamestop/EB has Wii's in stock as we sit here and type...[/quote]

I think that is the OP's point, we get all these crappy "in stock" threads and this one is actually a DEAL that deserves posting in this forum.

Not really a deal so much as a contest. Of course, the Amazon vote thing got posted in deals, so i guess this ought to be ok, too, although the odds are really bad.

OP or a moderator needs to remove "deal" from the title and instead change it to "contest". Otherwise, this is total crap.

My local Wal-Mart is going to have 75 Wii consoles in stock on Friday, I would suggest checking that out if your Wii-hunger cannot be satisfied by this deal.

thats the problem with some of the people on this site... you can be too critical. whether its gonna be impossibly tough to get one or not, this is still technically a deal. if you feel that you wasted 20 seconds of your "valuable time" reading his post then dont waste anymore of it posting a negative reply!

theres tons of wii's around my house... i went to 2 CC, 2 Best buys, 1 Walmart, 1, Kmart, 1 Target last weekend... all stores had signs up "yes we have the wii"

[quote name='psychobuck']this is still technically a deal. if you feel that you wasted 20 seconds of your "valuable time" reading his post then dont waste anymore of it posting a negative reply![/quote]

Deal and contest are not the same thing. Its not about wasting my 20 seconds, its about clutter threads like this one.

Jesus Christ! Some of you CAGs have gone full retard and then some! I've seen plenty of posts on this forum that aren't even close to deals (asking which system they should get, posting referral sites, etc.). But if I have to explain to you how this actually IS a deal, you should have your CAG cards revoked.

For those of you saying it's a "contest", what the fuck do you think most deals are??? Any time there is an item in limited quantity, it's a contest! Basically, every system launch is a contest. The terms might be different, but you still have massive amounts of people competing for a limited number of systems. And at the end of the day, you have people who were fortunate/smart enough to get one, and disappointed people who weren't.

I'd understand ripping into me if I this was a "get a Wii for $99....IF you sign up for 4 offers" thread. But it's not. It's a "put forth a tiny bit of effort, and you might come away with an amazing DEAL. The fact that it's on a site like eCost.com as opposed to Amazon should even better your chances, considering eCost doesn't get half the traffic Amazon does. If you'd rather pay retail, then go pay fucking retail, and don't piss on my thread.

I don't even have any sort of vested interest in eCost.com (though I have bought from them before...their service is ok. Not great, but they're not criminals either) and I already have a Wii. But as I said, I just got this in my email, and thought it was worthy of sharing. Anybody with the kind of attitude to rip into somebody for trying to help others is just an old miserly prick who hates their life. Sorry there's not a deal for that.

n8rockerasu is right. There are plenty of threads that feature something in limited quantity. Take for instance that Amazon seller who would at random times sell around 10 Xbox Live Gold Bundles for $30. If you were lucky, you would get it on the deal. If not, oh well. Yet nobody complained. Same thing with the Amazon vote thread that guessed was talking about. I know some CAGs here like to be thread police, but there is a big difference between threads that absolutely don't belong (like WII IN STOCK OMG) and this one.

Although you might have to be really lucky to get in on the deal, if it was on any other website (such as Amazon, BestBuy.com, etc.) it would be MUCH worse.

bread's done
Back