gambitmachete

CAGiversary!
Gamespot:
Nintendogs - 9.1
Advance Wars - 9.2

Ign:
Nintendogs - 8.8
Advance Wars 9.0

I'm really, really excited about picking these up next week.

Nintendogs looks like it's the shit...

I think I'll pass on Advance Wars. The first one didn't do much for me.

Advance Wars......Can't wait til next week. Any why are a lot of men or boys so into Nintendogs??? Seems girlish to me but o-well.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Advance Wars......Can't wait til next week. Any why are a lot of men or boys so into Nintendogs??? Seems girlish to me but o-well.[/QUOTE]

I know, fuck that pussy shit. Guys should only play bad ass games like GTA and Halo where you shoot motherfuckers up. Also, if you ever get a Gamecube make sure you only get it in Platinum or Black or something, if you get purple everyone will think you're gay!

[quote name='gambitmachete']I know, fuck that pussy shit. Guys should only play bad ass games like GTA and Halo where you shoot motherfuckers up. Also, if you ever get a Gamecube make sure you only get it in Platinum or Black or something, if you get purple everyone will think you're gay![/QUOTE]

LOL no im not against it or anything but I think its overhyped especially for guys.

[quote name='So Play The Violins']I'm picking up Advance Wars soon, Nintendogs just looks like a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing.

These two games are making me consider picking up a DS!

Damn you good games for making me spend money, damn you!

Well, I'm happy for Nintendogs. It seemed very cute and fun when I played it 6 months back, glad to see it is a good game. Advance Wars also looks great, and God knows the first one took up a lot of my time.

The IGN review pretty much sums up my thoughts on Nintendogs. My play time with it has been decreasing lately, though that's really just because of the amount of new games I've picked up since Tuesday (Sonic Gems Collection, Sigma Star Saga and Death Jr. are taking up most of my gaming time).

I still play at least twice or so a day to feed, water, walk them, and enter a couple of competitions though. :)

Nintendogs is going for the Sim* crowd I would guess.

I played SimCity & SimAnt plenty back in the day. Not a big fan but amusing. Not a big fan of The Sims either but hey, it's kind of amusing.

well, it's not exactly original...it's a rehash of an old concept-- simulations. there have been things like this for the PC-- desktop pets and its like an extension of the Tamagotchi craze.

but a .1 or .2 difference is hardly worth noting anyway. all decimals in ratings are arbitrary, all that matters is whether they are over or under .5 ;-)

[quote name='suko_32']Why do both of these games have to come out on the same day?[/QUOTE]

I like it how they come out on the same day, it'll be more fun to go get two games I've been looking forward to for months than just one.

I have 6 animals, I doubt Nintendogs will do much for me. I never cared for Advance Wars.

Two more big titles next month with Trace Memory and Lost in Blue.

I hadn't played my DS in a few months. I had moved and someone put it at the bottom of a basket, I saw that Advance Wars was coming out this week (I haven't followed DS news at all), got excited, and quickly dug out my DS (none of the recent games appealed to me enough to purchase them). Turns out my top LCD is cracked.....ARGHHHH! Guess I'll be calling Nintendo tomorrow

im actually surprised that nintendogs got a lower score than adv wars since it's gotten such praise from anyone who owns it. I wont pick up advance wars (due to the fact that I was a huge strategy game fan... and now am totally opposite... burnt out on it) but I've been waiting for nintendogs dfor the DS ever since the Nintendogs was shown as a Demo for the DS.

mark my words: Nintendogs has, and probably does, a strong chance of becoming very huge like pokemon. i think my local gamestop has over 200 preorders already.

I bet I'll eventually pick up advance wars but I own part 1 & 2 for the GBA and have played like part 2 once. So I'm just going to go with nintendogs for now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
mark my words: Nintendogs has, and probably does, a strong chance of becoming very huge like pokemon. i think my local gamestop has over 200 preorders already.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. The hit anime series definitely helped Pokemon out. Hopefully Nintendo of America does a decent job of marketing this game to target audiences. Either way it's sales will at least be triple that of Kirby and Meteos combined.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The only thing holding me back from Nintendogs is the single save slot. LAME.[/QUOTE]

Same here... why the hell can't Nintendo make more than one save slot?

They do this same shit in Warioware as well.

I mean, I initially thought "Oh, well, I can have one dog, my gf can use another" but if she goes ahead and unlocks everything, and boosts her trainer level, that leaves me with barely anything to do. Plus, I have to wait until she can adopt a second dog before I can even start playing.

Real smart, Nintendo, but too bad I'm not going to buy into the little game of buying multiple copies just for one DS.

Shit, even Pokemon has one save slot... it's getting really old, espically since Kirby had THREE.

[quote name='Parathod']I don't know. The hit anime series definitely helped Pokemon out. Hopefully Nintendo of America does a decent job of marketing this game to target audiences. Either way it's sales will at least be triple that of Kirby and Meteos combined.[/QUOTE]

well, once the hit anime: Nintendogs, is released I'm sure it will do well ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Same here... why the hell can't Nintendo make more than one save slot?

They do this same shit in Warioware as well.

I mean, I initially thought "Oh, well, I can have one dog, my gf can use another" but if she goes ahead and unlocks everything, and boosts her trainer level, that leaves me with barely anything to do. Plus, I have to wait until she can adopt a second dog before I can even start playing.

Real smart, Nintendo, but too bad I'm not going to buy into the little game of buying multiple copies just for one DS.

Shit, even Pokemon has one save slot... it's getting really old, espically since Kirby had THREE.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can't stand the fact there aren't multiple save slots for many games, especially the Warioware series. (My bf just unlocked a ton of the stuff in my Twisted cart :( )

Though, for Nintendogs, I can see a little motivation of getting multiple copies instead... different versions (tho pretty much identical) and the multiplayer via wifi. But if you only have 1 DS, then it's obviously annoying. Maybe someone should get another DS so you both can have your own DS :)

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Yeah, I can't stand the fact there aren't multiple save slots for many games, especially the Warioware series. (My bf just unlocked a ton of the stuff in my Twisted cart :( )

Though, for Nintendogs, I can see a little motivation of getting multiple copies instead... different versions (tho pretty much identical) and the multiplayer via wifi. But if you only have 1 DS, then it's obviously annoying. Maybe someone should get another DS so you both can have your own DS :)[/QUOTE]

I only got the first DS because I got an amazing deal on it... no way am I dropping another $130 on a second one. It's just obnoxious how Nintendo is just trying to bleed a little more out of its customers in small ways.

I mean, the different versions and multiplayer are a moot point with only one DS, as you mentioned. And I can't even begin to imagine why, after three games in, Nintendo still uses one save slot for the Warioware games, since they really aren't that fun if everything is unlocked the first time you play it.

The only games I've discovered that didn't have multiple save slots are Nintendo's GBA stuff... Pokemon, Warioware. I mean, multiple save slots on one cartridge isn't going to impact multiplayer any =/

I tihnk I sold my fiancee on Nintendogs. :) Looked around today to see if any placde was selling it early, nos uch luck. Gonna have to try to find a place with it tomorrow morning before I leave for school ;)

daroga

[quote name='daroga']I tihnk I sold my fiancee on Nintendogs. :) Looked around today to see if any placde was selling it early, nos uch luck. Gonna have to try to find a place with it tomorrow morning before I leave for school ;)

daroga[/QUOTE]

EB 99% of the time usually has the games in as soon as they open.

Gamestop usually has them in the afternoon, after 12 pm.

All the other stores expect Nintendogs in Wednesday / Thursday.

[quote name='JDMxB']These two games are making me consider picking up a DS!

Damn you good games for making me spend money, damn you![/QUOTE]

second'd

[quote name='Roufuss']It's just obnoxious how Nintendo is just trying to bleed a little more out of its customers in small ways.

I mean, the different versions and multiplayer are a moot point with only one DS, as you mentioned.[/quote]
I don't think they expect anyone to buy all three versions. It seems more like a psychological thing, where you're supposed to spend time deciding which version you want, kind of like you would for a real dog. There's no reason to buy multiple copies of the game, and I think most people know that.
The only games I've discovered that didn't have multiple save slots are Nintendo's GBA stuff... Pokemon, Warioware.
Not sure about Warioware, but for Pokemon it was definitely a space issue. The sheer amount of stats saved on one Pokemon game makes it closer to a Madden save file than, say... Zelda. They couldn't have easily added more save slots without ruining some of the in-game storage or raising the price of the cart by $5 or $10.

[quote name='Roufuss']EB 99% of the time usually has the games in as soon as they open.

Gamestop usually has them in the afternoon, after 12 pm.

All the other stores expect Nintendogs in Wednesday / Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Didn't preorder it, so I'm kinda outta luck there. EB told me that they wouldn't have enough to cover the preorders.

I'm holding out hope for WalMart. The guy there seemed pretty confident that they'd have them out by 7am tomorrow (I'm guessing they've got them in the back already).

daroga

Just a heads up, went to WalMart to get shoelaces and soap for school and stopped in the electronics dept. There were about 10 copies of each version of Nintendogs. I got my copy, but am packing for school so I'll try it out later. :)

daroga

I can't believe Advance Wars got a better score, even the reviews mention it's practically the same as the GBA games. It should have been held back a few months, and put online.

Most people who pre-ordered in August won't get their copies at my local EB tomorrow. It's like that across the district.

Just spent the inital training time plus a little extra with my new puppy Penny. This game is over-the-top adorable. Yes, I'm a guy. Yes, this game is going to be a lot of fun. I need to sped a lot more time with it before I can critique it in any meaningful way, but just wanted to encourage anyone thinking about ti to go ahead and take the plunge. It's great!

daroga

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']

Nintendogs -- fuck no. I can feel my testicles begin to ascend back into my pelvic cavity when I consider buying this POS.[/QUOTE]

Really? That sucks, have you seen a doctor about that? After reading this, I feel really thankful that I can play fun video games without having problems with my reproductive organs. Maybe I'll turn your post into an email forward, and everyone who reads it can pray for you and others with your problem. (And if they forward it to 10 friends within an hour, the person they have a crush on will ask them out the next day!)

[quote name='gambitmachete']Really? That sucks, have you seen a doctor about that? After reading this, I feel really thankful that I can play fun video games without having problems with my reproductive organs. Maybe I'll turn your post into an email forward, and everyone who reads it can pray for you and others with your problem. (And if they forward it to 10 friends within an hour, the person they have a crush on will ask them out the next day!)[/QUOTE]

pwned.

[quote name='gambitmachete']Really? That sucks, have you seen a doctor about that? After reading this, I feel really thankful that I can play fun video games without having problems with my reproductive organs. Maybe I'll turn your post into an email forward, and everyone who reads it can pray for you and others with your problem. (And if they forward it to 10 friends within an hour, the person they have a crush on will ask them out the next day!)[/QUOTE]

ROFL KITTENS!

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Advance Wars -- Hell yeah.

Nintendogs -- fuck no. I can feel my testicles begin to ascend back into my pelvic cavity when I consider buying this POS.[/QUOTE]

LMAO....you sure your testicles ever came out?

Try being a real man and be secure of your manhood.

On a brighter note...One save slot?! Now when my game comes in i wont even get to play, my gf will be all over it. Hmmm, i guess i now realize why people have been picking up more then one copy lol.

bread's done
Back