Nintendogs vs. Advance Wars: Dual Strike

1modernboy

CAGiversary!
Release dates being what they are, there are no sure things, but according to several sources (including Gamestop, EB Games, and Nintendo) two fairly big DS titles will be hitting shelves simultaneously. The question I pose to you, DS owners and fellow CAGgers, is which do you plan to purchase – your preferred flavor of Nintendogs or Advance Wars: Dual Strike?

Probably both, but at the moment because of my funds, I'm leaning towards Advance Wars. I really want to see how they utilize both screens in the game.

I'll get both. Probably 2 copies of Nintendogs since my gf wants some kind of dog, and of course the other kind of dog I want is on the other cart. Damn you Nintendo.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'll get both. Probably 2 copies of Nintendogs since my gf wants some kind of dog, and of course the other kind of dog I want is on the other cart. Damn you Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you supposed to be able to eventually unlock all the dogs from each version on a single cart?

Advance Wars for myself. Nintendogs IMO is for a die hard Nintendo fan thats pretty much a child or just like the Comic book guy from The Simpons. But hey thats IMO.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Aren't you supposed to be able to eventually unlock all the dogs from each version on a single cart?[/QUOTE]
yes, but I believe you have to wifi with someone else with the game to be able to unlock all of the dogs...I don't know of anybody with a DS

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Aren't you supposed to be able to eventually unlock all the dogs from each version on a single cart?[/QUOTE]

news to me, but hey whatever works.

Madden NFL 2006 and Pac 'N Roll also come out on that same day, or the day after.

I don't know about Madden, but Pac 'N Roll is another "must own" for me. I'll be picking up that one, and both Nintendogs and Advance Wars!

[quote name='yakkotank']I bought my DS solely because of Advance Wars DS.

Although I did see Nintendogs on the NP preview DVD, and it looked pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat! I picked up the DS at launch because I could see all the possibilities for it in the realm of turn-based strategy games, but Nintendogs just looks so damn odd.

I'm currently torn between which to purchase first.

I voted for both, as they're both likely to be great games worth having. But in all reality, I'm only looking forward to Nintendogs.

[quote name='ryanbph']yes, but I believe you have to wifi with someone else with the game to be able to unlock all of the dogs...I don't know of anybody with a DS[/QUOTE]

actually, if it's going to be done the same way as the japanese version, then all dogs can be unlocked in the game using a single cart without needing to connect to another DS. the list of dogs in each version are just the dogs you have initial access to.

[quote name='David85']Where is my Nintencats?!?![/QUOTE]

Actually a better name for it would be Kittendo (as proposed by a CAGer on a different topic). But cats drool. Dogs rule. :lol:

i'll definitely be getting Nintendogs first. I wasn't all that big a fan of Advance Wars on DS just because i got bored with the gameplay. i might get advance wars ds later maybe perhaps...

I already played Tomagotchii.

I already played Advance Wars.

Guess which one is still awesome today? Hint: it's not Tomagotchi...

Nintendogs in Jaoa, ALL dogs are accessible, but only YOUR version's dogs are available for purchase initially.

Seeing as how they have this whole WiFi thing going on for our version, and seeing as how most people end up buying ALL the pokemon games for ALL the Pokemon, I would guess they took that out for us.

I'll be getting Nintendogs. Not an Advance Wars fan.

I will be getting Pac N Roll also.

bread's done
Back