Nintendo's Pre-TGS 2011 Conference and Discussion

- Monster Hunter 3G
- The Add-On that Must Not be Named
- Super Mario/Mario Kart 7 Hard Dates
- Ambassador GBA Games Dated/Final 5 Revealed
- Charts to show similarities between DS' opening months and 3DS' opening months to calm nerves

That's what I'm expecting.

Those are all very good suggestions and I'd buy that they all will probably happen. But anyone else think that the way this is being hyped and closed off to press and being broadcast over the internet means we should be expecting a possible huge announcement? I'm thinking it's likely that there will be a completely unexpected announcement...

What I'd like to see:

-3DS killed.
-Everyone gets full refund.
-Nintendo goes 3rd party.
-Forced to dropped hundreds of gimmicks in development and go back to making games.
-Zelda Skyward Sword HD on PS3/360 using a comfortable, accurate controller.
-Gamers rejoice.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']What I'd like to see:

-3DS killed.
-Everyone gets full refund.
-Nintendo goes 3rd party.
-Forced to dropped hundreds of gimmicks in development and go back to making games.
-Zelda Skyward Sword HD on PS3/360 using a comfortable, accurate controller.
-Gamers rejoice.[/QUOTE]

nintendo wont say anything about killing the 3ds until next year.. no reason to take sales away from it ..get the suckers to buy the 3ds this year and then have them drolling all of the videos of the new handheld system at next years E3 show

anyone know what much info the 3ds can even hold in a download.. i know the dsi sucks (that is why almost all downloads are very bad due to lack of space)

what i can see though is more pushing of 3ds games (no real cart games just all videos )
PRICE DROPS

DS LITE 79 bucks (will be 49 bucks day after thanksgiving sales )
Dsi 119 or 129 (99 bucks day after)
DSI xl down to 139

I read there's supposed to be a big Pokemon announcement tomorrow (so maybe at the conference?) too. Prolly just Pokemon Grey or whatever the 3rd B/W game is, but it's be cool if it was a 3DS game (even if it is Gray 3DS) using the 3D models from the Pokedex.

Here's what I hope happens:

Fog machines, lasers, disco balls, "Welcome to the Jungle" begins to play. Iwata walks out in a zoot suit/cowboy costume - yellow zebra print and some bigass spurs - doing finger guns while images from Robocop and Batman and Robin alternate on the wall behind him. He girates his hips clearly-not-in-rhythm with the music, but he doesn't care. He throws tiny footballs into the crowd.

The music dies down to a twenty one firework salute, fireballs blazing all around him. He grabs a mic and immediately walks with purpose, asking if the audience can smell what he is cookin', fools. It's peacockin' through a Japanese lens, Arnold Schwarzenegger continually telling everyone ICE TO MEET YOU.

Iwata's slide show begins, where he basically maps out just how much paper they've stacked in the past six years. "We thought about buying Sweden," he jokes, while putting on a Viking helmet and throwing up the horns. "And later, the Switzerlands." He points out no less than four times in two seconds that their competitors - he calls them Sorny and Nikkasoft - wish they could bring dat bling, yo. Dozens of images highlighting the sheer amount of money they've made continue, using a wide variety of comparative methods. "We could buy everyone in the world nineteen cases of Gatorade brand water, with enough left over to build the world's smallest train." Everyone is understandably confused.

He then laughs for sixteen minutes straight while Wil Smith keeps saying WELCOME TO EARTH mashed over "When Doves Cry," 2008 Iceskillaz Club Mix '94. At the conclusion of this, he beckons to the side of the stage.

Miyamoto rides out on a solid gold motorcycle on top of a solid gold motorcycle. He's wearing giant shades and has a four foot pompadour with tiger stripes. He's wearing a white leather jacket, which he promptly tears off with his Powergloved hands. The front of his shirt says "U MAD BRO?" and the back says "DEEL WITH IT" around a flaming 8 Ball.

He states, simply, "Now everyone make motion control. We win, suckaz."

He and Iwata pull out chainsaws and do a totally awesome choreographed fight, ending in a Ninja Gaiden stand off. As they meet in midair, the lights go out, a white flash is seen, and "A WINNER IS YOU" flashes on stage.

Tootsie rolls rain down on the crowd. When this is over, kittens rain down on the crowd. The Red Hot Chili Peppers now appear on stage, playing - oddly - "More than a Feeling." Trap doors open, and all of them fall beneath the stage, except for Flea, because Flea is awesome and everyone else sucks. He takes out four packs of Big League Chew and eats them at once, blowing a giant bubble that lifts him off stage and in the crowd, where he takes a seat on a throne.

Reggie shows up and gives a speech completely autotuned while wearing parachute pants, highlighting that there are things we cannot touch due to our inadequate legitimacy levels. He announces Super Shooter Bros and Mario versus Napoleon, and then immediately Mario versus Napoleon 2. The crowd goes wild. Mario Party: Party Edition is announced. Yoshi's Mario Party is announced. It's announced that they've bought Capcom, had them completely shuttered, burned down their buildings, and raised up karoake bars in their place. Megaman Rolls? You bet your ass. Reggie grabs onto a helicopter and blasts a hole through the ceiling, remarking that "Looks like I've got a ride to catch."

The conference is over. Later we find out it was all a hoax to sell Brawny Brand Paper Towels and Green Giant Green Beans.

Believe it. Mario waits in line at the DMV is coming.

I'm gonna fall over if they announce a redesign, though it is plausable, they have the circle pad for the owners of the old system which it will be given to them for free and those who buy the redesign get it built in.

I think it's a good sign that the conference video link shows the 3ds logo of the system with 1 circle pad only.

presentation_title01.gif

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I think it's a good sign that the conference video link shows the 3ds logo of the system with 1 circle pad only.

presentation_title01.gif
[/QUOTE]

nice catch.

Is it still going? I don't understand why they would make such a big deal over a few semi-ok game announcements. Isn't the last time they participated in TGS when they showcased the Wii? So puzzling...

I think they just announced 2 monster hunter games, but the rest of the lineup should please even though I don't know how much will get localized to the US, oh and a new fire emblem.

Here is the rundown real fast

didn't see the circle pad at all
pink 3DS for Japan
2 monster hunter games TriG and 4
paper mario
mario & sonic london olympics
luigi's mansion 2
new fire emblem

A bunch of other games that will probably only make it to japan

Games we already know about, new Fire Emblem, new Monster Hunter, didn't show off new thumbstick .. that was awful

Keep in mind it was in Japanese and I don't speak japanese so I probably missed something.

I am guessing the big announcement was the monster hunter 4 game that was shown briefly at the end.

I think I saw a final fantasy game in there too, but it was shown only briefly

[quote name='Scorch']Games we already know about, new Fire Emblem, new Monster Hunter, didn't show off new thumbstick .. that was awful[/QUOTE]

Yeah seems like a dud to me too . . . where's the beef? :lol:

Well the 3DS has some good games coming. Lets hope they come to America.

I'm looking at you Rocket Slime 3, Culdecept, and that Gundam game.

Monster Hunter Tri-G will have online multiplayer

Monster Hunter Tri-G, RE: Revelations, Dynasty Warriors Vs, RE Revelations and KH:DDD will support the 3DS Cradle, which requires 1 AAA battery to use.

I'm pretty excited for Mario Tennis and RE:Revelations to be honest. Theatrhythm looked neat, too.

By the "3DS Cradle" do you mean the circle pad attachment? That thing actually requires a battery? That's pretty freaking awful. Why isn't it rechargeable? It ought to even be giving extra run time to the 3DS given how large it is.

Yes, it requires a battery. It transmits via the IR port on the back so it needs to send that signal somehow. An extra battery would have been awesome but let's be realistic here. Nintendo is saving everything they've got the for the inevitable 3DS revision.

[quote name='100xp']it's possible nintendo aims to please it's Japanese market first then the US market after.[/QUOTE]

^^ This. The conference was heavily geared toward Japanese gamers, not much towards the rest of the world. Understandable, since it was in Tokyo as a pre-conference to TGS. And its funny how they deliberately avoided showing the boat peripheral . . . got too much negative feedback from it, I guess.

Monster Hunter 4 was the biggest announcement, but it is primarily a Japanese game, so it means very little to people outside of Japan. It certainly will help the 3DS in Japan, but not outside of there.

Overall not very impressive, if this was supposed to be big news.

[quote name='chimpmeister']^^ This. The conference was heavily geared toward Japanese gamers, not much towards the rest of the world. Understandable, since it was in Tokyo as a pre-conference to TGS. And its funny how they deliberately avoided showing the boat peripheral . . . got too much negative feedback from it, I guess.

Monster Hunter 4 was the biggest announcement, but it is primarily a Japanese game, so it means very little to people outside of Japan. It certainly will help the 3DS in Japan, but not outside of there.

Overall not very impressive, if this was supposed to be big news.[/QUOTE]

So are they releasing a updated 3DS with the 2nd stick anytime soon? I dont like that attachment piece. Now its not portable.

A large lineup of games was announced, and I mean large, but most of the games won't be coming out until 2012 in Japan and it will take even longer for them to get localized if they even come here. We know how bad Nintendo has been with that.

I also forgot to add there was a new mario tennis announced.

No hints of a redesign so I can say that we are probably a ways off from a redesign, but I would still expect one, my prediction is for holiday 2012. If this happens then it seems they are following the trend of releasing crappy system, then release good system after all the good games come out.

With this game lineup though I do not think the 3DS will fail, too many good games are being released at least it in Japan for that to happen.

My god the cradle makes the 3DS looks like some hideous monster or a game gear with a top screen :lol:.

Still excited for it, since it adds more buttons and stuff.

Article on IGN about the stock market response (in Japan) to Nintendo's news conference:

Japanese Investors Reject Nintendo's 3DS Efforts

Not even Monster Hunter can save the portable in the eyes of Japan.

September 13, 2011

Not even two Monster Hunter titles can save Nintendo from the wrath of its investors. According to a report by Reuters, Nintendo's shares fell 5 percent as the Tokyo Stock Exchanged closed on Tuesday, a clear sign that Nintendo's worries have not necessarily ended.

Nintendo's much-hyped conference featured a wave of announcements and updates on titles old and new, significant and small. The biggest of these was of course Monster Hunter. Capcom announced it plans to bring an expanded version of Monster Hunter Tri, called Monster Hunter 3G, to the system by the end of the year. Monster Hunter 4, the next major installment in the series, will arrive on 3DS at a to be determined time. Seemingly as a result of these announcements, Capcom's shares dipped 8 percent.

The report cites several analysts who effectively dismissed Nintendo's conference. "I don't think the new games will make any difference," said Mitsushige Akino, chief fund manager at Ichiyoshi Investment, told Reuters.

Japanese analysts and investors continue to demand the company change tactics, potentially even moving into development for mobile devices. So far Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has pushed back against these claims, and has repeatedly stated he doesn't feel mobile gaming has had a direct impact on Nintendo's business.

Other 3DS announcements Tuesday included a new RPG from Square Enix, a new entry in the Fire Emblem series, release dates for Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, and some efforts at attracting female gamers, including a pink 3DS. The company also provided updated looks at Paper Mario and Animal Crossing for the 3DS, and promised more firmware updates, including an upgraded eShop.

Link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1194015p1.html

I think it's interesting that in the actual show there was no mention whatsoever made about the circle pad attachment. It was only in a press release afterward. Maybe there will be a redesign by the time MH4 is released. I guess we'll find out.

In any case we are going to get a (current design) 3DS this xmas. The price is pretty decent now and there are good games coming that don't need that ridiculous attachment. Alas it will be my kids 3DS, so I probably won't be buying anything significant for myself for it though I'm dying to play Paper Mario 3DS.

The 3DS lineup is looking really awesome.

I've never played a monster hunter but that MH4 trailer was really exciting. Looks like they're adding a lot of new gameplay elements to it.

And I think the 2nd analog attachment looks like it will be much more comfortable to use than the current 3ds.

My guess for a redesign is late Spring 2012 after Nintendo's cleared out most of it's stock of the current hardware. Bulit-in second "circle-pad" for sure. I'm also hoping for a larger screen, and significantly improved battery life.

[quote name='Strell']Here's what I hope happens:[/QUOTE]

... and still the best damn person on the site.

[quote name='Scorch']Nintendo is very out of touch with its fanbase.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, a lot of Nintendo's "fanbase" is out of touch with everything except the microcosm of internet nerd-rage, but nothing either group does really has any effect on the other, so life goes on.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Monster Hunter 4 was the biggest announcement, but it is primarily a Japanese game, so it means very little to people outside of Japan. It certainly will help the 3DS in Japan, but not outside of there.

Overall not very impressive, if this was supposed to be big news.[/QUOTE]

Don't underestimate the importance of Monster Hunter. It almost single-handedly kept the PSP afloat and selling units, and that got people to make more games for it since the user base was larger. Even though most people outside of Japan won't touch it with a ten foot pole, it basically guarantees that other big games will be following in its wake.

Basically, Monster Hunter 4 is huge.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's not a required device. You don't have to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's not even listed (at least so far) as "required" for those games (all of which were in development before the slide pad was even a concept). Just that they "support" it. My suspicion is that it's primarily a peripheral for Monster Hunter, and other games will utilize it, so it doesn't go ignored, but people who don't want one can still play Resident Evil, Metal Gear -- again, everything except MH -- just fine.

bread's done
Back