NIS America Thanksgiving Sale Next Monday (22nd-29th) 50-66% off.

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!
Well I debated to post this because many will think this is worthless due to their high shipping costs, but it is technically a deal and might help someone out.

NIS America Store:
http://store.nisamerica.com

Mon - Nov, 22nd.
Nippon Ichi Software Up to 50% Off

Tues, Nov 23rd.
Gust Incorporated Up to 50% Off

Wed, Thurs, Friday Nov, 24-28th
??? (Mystery) Up to 66% Off

Mon - Nov 29th
Nippon Ichi Software Giclee & Art Books, dood!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales link disappeared for me, but Mana Khemia 2 is showing up as $29.99 before shipping.

Edit: Link came back, ordered Mana Khemia 2 for $29.99 + $7.90 shipping through priority mail and $2.62 tax, $40.51 total... Not too bad but definitely not great.

yup mana khemia 2 is now $29.99 for the alchemic art edition, nothing i like so far since i got this last time and they took months to ship it, hopefully it doesnt happen to anyone else and good luck if your ordering from them

Today is a bit better.

Ar Tonelico II $14.99
Atelier Annie $9.99
Atelier Iris 1-3 $14.99 each
Mana Khemia 2 Alchemic Art Collection $29.99

I'm tempted by Ar Tonelico and Mana Khemia but the shipping still holds me back. $13.07 to ship both!

Ouch. $12.91 shipping on Mana Khemia 2. Really, NIS? Really???

They are shipping from within the US, right? The only way I could even begin to justify these shipping charges would be if it was international shipping, but I don't think this is.

[quote name='arcane93']Ouch. $12.91 shipping on Mana Khemia 2. Really, NIS? Really???[/QUOTE]

It said that for me too but it ended up being $7.90 priority mail.

Man, wanted that Ar Tonelico 2 at that price, but then quoted over $8 for one game.
Couple bucks more can probably go to a store and get it.
Or ship from a site/seller I know send it quick considering some complaints here

I was close to getting the Mana Khemia 2 set, but for $11.82 to ship, the sale discount is negated and then some. Forget it. I'm seriously considering doing like some other people did and send NISA an email telling them how they lost a sale due to their ridiculous shipping fees.
Anybody that has experienced this probably should.

Really want Atelier Iris 2+3 and Ar Tonelico 2... but as many of you here I'm a little put off by the shipping. I'm half tempted to just order duplicates and sell them off to compensate for the overcharge on S&H...

I was going to buy Atelier Iris 1-3 and Mana Khemia 2 Premium. It came out to about $5 shipping for each game. After some research, I think the total prices are reasonable, but the shipping is still ridiculously high. It seems like the shipping price goes down a bit for 6+ items.

I still might bite, but I'm hesitant to do so because I know I'm gouged on the shipping, even though, the total price is still better than the normal going rates without shipping on most of those games.

Logically, I should be ordering these. Emotionally, I feel like I should hold off.

[quote name='Blazncheetah']Anyone have enough items to bribe the Dark Assembly to pass the 'Lower Shipping Prices' bill?[/QUOTE]

I wanna quote that in my signature.

You think your shipping is high, check mine out!

Shipping.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Wtf, you live on Mars?[/QUOTE]

The actually shipping was a bit closer to 20ish. But that estimated shipping definitely had me scratching my head.

So the moral to this story is that their "estimated shipping" bears little if any resemblance to reality? Good to know, I guess. They really should do something about that.

That game better be incrusted with the hope diamond if they want me to pay that price.

I only ordered from them once and thats when mana khemia 1 came out and they offred a PVC figure with it. It took them nearly 3 weeks and never ordered from there again. I think they have great bundles but shitty customer service ill take my 10 Gs and pass.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Not only are shipping prices outrageous, but their returns/exchanges process is outrageous as well.

Did your order come incomplete?

Need to do a return or exchange?

Gooood luck with those! It ain't happenin'!

Do not order from them. I got burned before (and so have other CAGs), and I've learned my lesson for life.[/QUOTE]

That's the one thing that frustrates me about CAGs. Despite the fact that respected members of the CAG community warn them about all sorts of problems with a vendor, they blindly go ahead and order anyway. I can't believe anyone would deal with NIS directly given all of the problems many of us have had with them. It makes me sad and disappointed that people are continuing to post in this thread that they are placing orders in this non-sale.

Um I posted my bad stories and how I didn't order from them for over a year after my first bad experience. But Mana Khemia 2 is one of their only games I lack, and at $40 shipped, it's still a deal for me.

Edit: fixed some spelling mistakes... Posting from phone.

looking for mana khemia 2 as well as a few other games. i paid with paypal. if my stuff doesn't come in a month, i'll open up a complaint.

Ar Tonelico 2 for 15 brand new seems like a good deal, even with $8 shipping added on. I only found it at Gamestop for $30, and all their copies were gutted.

[quote name='bruceg']Ar Tonelico 2 for 15 seems like a good deal, even with $8 shipping added on. I only found it at Gamestop for $30, and all their copies were gutted.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're selling the limited bundle any more though, the nice magenta packaging.

I'm not going to order. The amount of savings I may receive is not worth the potential future time waste from having to fight over getting my stuff.

Didn't they use to charge a flat $4.95 for shipping fees? When did they start gouging on shipping?

Also, do they still charge you in full when you preorder an item even if the game isn't due to come out for months?

Those were my last experiences with them.

they also dropped the prices of a few PSP games on PSN

honestly those permanent price drops are so far better than any of the "sales" this week

[quote name='elessar123']I don't think they're selling the limited bundle any more though, the nice magenta packaging.[/QUOTE]

yeah good point. I also noticed it looked like the game only so I passed.

Today's "deals" are up btw. Apparently, it's "Whatever didn't sell out the first two days", so pretty much the same stuff as before. Sakura Wars is on sale too, but before shipping and tax. But seriously, a volume of anime for $43.99 is a sale? Atelier Rorona at msrp is a sale?

[quote name='2DMention']NIS is a terrible company. Most of their games are ghetto low budget translations.[/QUOTE]

You mean NISA. NIS is the japanese developer and they generally make awesome stuff. Disgaea and it's spinoffs, Cladun, Prinny, and Z.H.P. are all quality games. Stuff like Last Rebellion or Cross Edge aren't developed by them, just localized by NISA.

[quote name='arcane93']So the moral to this story is that their "estimated shipping" bears little if any resemblance to reality? Good to know, I guess. They really should do something about that.[/QUOTE]
If anything, they should fix their stupid estimator. Everytime I type in my zip code, the actual shipping is ALWAYS lower than their first "estimated shipping." For people that don't know this, they could be losing out on sales because people could actually believe their outrageous shipping prices. Seems like a bad business practice....

[quote name='bojay1997']That's the one thing that frustrates me about CAGs. Despite the fact that respected members of the CAG community warn them about all sorts of problems with a vendor, they blindly go ahead and order anyway. I can't believe anyone would deal with NIS directly given all of the problems many of us have had with them. It makes me sad and disappointed that people are continuing to post in this thread that they are placing orders in this non-sale.[/QUOTE]
On the flip side, there have been probably equal reports of successful transactions with them with no hiccups. I was around the debacle last year with the RosenQueen store, but since they opened the NIS Store it's been pretty good. Last time I bought something from them, I got shipping confirmation within a day and then the game packaged nicely within 2 days on my front doorstep. Good thing to know when I'm paying for Priority Shipping, they actually send it through Priority Mail.

I did not have any problem with them for my Rorona or ZHP orders. However since the shipping has gone up for me again, it wasn't worth ordering for this sale. Cost me $8 to ship Rorona and the Prinny PSP pouch which wasn't bad since they shipped seperatly. Now at the checkout page they're trying to charge me $10.60 to ship Disgaea 3 which is insane.

it's stupid how they list separate games on sale each day than all of a certain they list all games on sale. i could've saved so much on shipping.

[quote name='doodofdoods']You mean NISA. NIS is the japanese developer and they generally make awesome stuff. Disgaea and it's spinoffs, Cladun, Prinny, and Z.H.P. are all quality games. Stuff like Last Rebellion or Cross Edge aren't developed by them, just localized by NISA.[/QUOTE]

Actually, and admittedly I am basing my perceptions of this company entirely off of one game's special edition disc, NISA's translations suck greatly. Ever play their Japanese-voiced Sakura Wars US release? The translation is terrible. I think they dubtitled the regular edition disc with the English voices and presented those dubtitles as subtitles in the Japanese-voice disc, but I can't be arsed to play the other disc to find out.

[quote name='jubeininja69']atlus should bring this games over instead. NISA localization with ar tonelico 2 sucked.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Or Aksys. But NIS has a deal with Gust, so it's not going to happen.

[quote name='ithebigc']If anything, they should fix their stupid estimator. Everytime I type in my zip code, the actual shipping is ALWAYS lower than their first "estimated shipping." For people that don't know this, they could be losing out on sales because people could actually believe their outrageous shipping prices. Seems like a bad business practice....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was saying. But more than their shipping estimator is broken. I've wanted one of the Prinny plushes because it would be something fun for on my desk at work, so I just tried ordering one, now that I know that their shipping estimator is broken. The shipping estimator said $8.99 shipping like it did a few days ago, but figuring that actual shipping would be lower, I went through the checkout process. On the final checkout screen where it came up with the actual total, it said -- get this -- $19.56 for UPS ground shipping (for a $14.99 item). Are you fucking kidding me? For a 6.5 inch stuffed animal that probably weighs well under a pound? That's beyond broken, that's just fucked. How they get any business at all at that rate is beyond me.

Edit: Switching to USPS priority mail, it went to $11.82 for shipping. Better, of course, but still far more than is acceptable. Interestingly, when I switched it to USPS, it came up with the shipping in the order info at the bottom of the page at $3.00, which I'd have considered totally fair, but it wouldn't actually let me check out with that -- it required me to select either priority ($11.82) or express ($30.85!!!) in order to be able to finish checking out. I don't even think so.

[quote name='ithebigc']If anything, they should fix their stupid estimator. Everytime I type in my zip code, the actual shipping is ALWAYS lower than their first "estimated shipping." For people that don't know this, they could be losing out on sales because people could actually believe their outrageous shipping prices. Seems like a bad business practice....[/QUOTE]

I wish I had known this earlier this week. I put the two Atelier Iris games in my cart that I'm missing, but when I saw that estimated shipping I said no thanks. Of course, they're sold out now. Oh well.

bread's done
Back