No, dude, seriously.. WHAT IS WITH MY LUCK?

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I mean, seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I prebooked
six XBox 360 games yesterday and only had to pay $60
. So today, I woke up nice and early and decided to go pawn shopping with my stepdad after I cashed my check.

Something felt off. I just wasn't feeling the whole pawn shopping thing. Maybe I have a CAG sense or something, I dunno, but I nixed the whole pawn shopping idea. Instead, we went to the local mall to find a case and charger for my phone.

Now I seriously don't know what the fuck i've done in my life to deserve this karma. I mentioned the other day that I had no problem finding rare games. But seriously. I don't even have a PS1.

picture3209lq.jpg

"HOLY SHQO@#*$&!!!!!! DUDE! Oh wait, I bet it's not complete though." (I know SO is not rare)

picture3215bl.jpg

picture3223hf.jpg

"OMG!!! Complete! I bet the discs are scratched to hell, though!"

My camera cannot take good pictures, but I kid you not when I say that both of these games are in flawless condition and never played more than twice.

Seriously.. this luck has got to stop.

bastard...

Anyways, nice finds. If it wasn't such a hassle to get to any game stores now, maybe I'd have 1/10 of the luck you do.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Star Ocean is rare?[/QUOTE]

No, but it'll make a nice bundle with VP. I like doing things like that, the back of VP mentions that it's from the creators of Star Ocean, so I figured what the hell.

[quote name='Scorch']No, but it'll make a nice bundle with VP. I like doing things like that, the back of VP mentions that it's from the creators of Star Ocean, so I figured what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Star Ocean is sweet as hell. You should keep it.

Here's a nice shot of the back of VP.. I think it's a cool shot, you can see how clean it is with my ceiling light catching a reflection and whatnot.

picture3239nv.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']the back of VP mentions that it's from the creators of Star Ocean, so I figured what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Tri-Ace if I'm not mistaken; there's even a spell in SO called Tri-Ace.

Way back in the day, I got mint copies of VP and SO for $28 and $12 respectively. Your deal was ok, I guess (kidding, nice scores ;) ).

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i dont get why people care about complete games and all that nonsense

they are like action figures they are meant to be played with.[/QUOTE]

I like the manual and the inserts :)

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i dont get why people care about complete games and all that nonsense

Because, like action figures, original packaging increases the value by sometimes as much as 2x or 3x.

I cant believe I passed up sealed copies of Tales of Destiny II and Star Ocean Second Story for only $13.99 each a few years ago :whistle2:(

That's sweet, even though they charge a whopping $50 for VP. Are you going to go and double what you spent for VP on eBay, or are you going to get a PS1?

Nice finds; karma has since bitten me in the ass and bent me over since my Valkyrie Profile find, conquer, and subsequent sale towards school stuff.

Now find me We Love Katamari.

/please?

Becuase it's far more entertaining for Wolverine to take on the Samurai Ninja when he's still got claws and SN's still got a sword and shurikens for his Arm Launcher.

Hence, games are more fun with pretty box art and manual tips. Not to mention more displayable.

(No, as far as I know, Samurai Ninja with Shuriken Arm Launcher is not real.)

is there a list of rare games that have a high resale value? hunting for them sounds like a cool hobby. I have no clue that vp sells for over 100 bucks in ebay. if i would've seen that on a store i would've think its expensive to pay 50 ucks for a used ps1 game.

i saw Rhapsody, Persona, Breath of Fire III & IV and Einhander at GameStop but i only grab Eihander for $19.99

Rhapsody - $39.99
Breath of Fire III & IV - $19.99 - $29.99
Persona - $29.99

[quote name='jer7583']want to sell that valkyrie profile?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It might go to ebay. PM me an offer, maybe money and a game or something.

There is a Gamestop in Henrietta, NY in Marketplace Mall that has Valkyrie Profile for 50 if anyone is interested. I picked up Tales of Destiny II and Thousand Arms but already have VP, so decided to leave it for someone else. Manual/packaging looked in great condition, the back of the game CDs looked like they had some extremely minor scratches though. Nothing that would effect most games gameplay, but I know VP is extremely sensitive to even the smallest imperfection on the disk.

Not even sure if any of you cheapies live near me, but just thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Keep both of those bitches. Do not sell them. They are both awesome games.[/QUOTE]

Definately not keeping them. No PS1 or PS2. If I were to keep them, i'd find a beat up copy of VP and resurface it and play it that way.

nice find on the valkyrie profile...i have been looking for that game forever maybe i should just go by an eb to search around

vp was definitely a fun game, and star ocean was amazing.

but seriously, for $100 you can't hang onto it. VP isn't the best thing EVAR... FFVI is. :D

There's no other game with voice acting on the level of cheese in VP.

TO MY SIDE MY NOBLE EINHERJAR!!!

:rofl: that's just the tip of the iceberg too.

[quote name='Apossum']There's no other game with voice acting on the level of VP.

:rofl: that's just the tip of the iceberg too.[/QUOTE]

It's good for the most part, but every now and then a character will come in that makes me think of their respective Pokemon character a bit too much.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']vp was definitely a fun game, and star ocean was amazing.

but seriously, for $100 you can't hang onto it. VP isn't the best thing EVAR... FFX is. :D[/QUOTE]

Fixed. ;)

soul[quote name='Apossum']There's no other game with voice acting on the level of cheese in VP.

:rofl: that's just the tip of the iceberg too.[/QUOTE]

IT SHALL BE ENGRAVED UPON YOUR SOUL! DIVINE ASSAULT! NIEBILUNG VILESTI!!!

GET THEE HENCE, OBLIVION AWAITS!

so awesome.

[quote name='Scorch']Here's a nice shot of the back of VP.. I think it's a cool shot, you can see how clean it is with my ceiling light catching a reflection and whatnot.

picture3239nv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

eb and gamestop might be putting these in a machine. I got a VP few months off Gamestop and was shocked it looked mint for 50 bucks

[quote name='Darwin23']is there a list of rare games that have a high resale value? hunting for them sounds like a cool hobby. I have no clue that vp sells for over 100 bucks in ebay. if i would've seen that on a store i would've think its expensive to pay 50 ucks for a used ps1 game.[/QUOTE]

My mint/complete sold for $156.01 shipped, and I still have another VP that is meant and complete and the official strategy guide for it.

[quote name='slidecage']eb and gamestop might be putting these in a machine. I got a VP few months off Gamestop and was shocked it looked mint for 50 bucks[/QUOTE]

There's no machine at mine. And you can tell when they've been put in a machine.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']vp was definitely a fun game, and star ocean was amazing.

but seriously, for $100 you can't hang onto it. VP isn't the best thing EVAR... FFVI is. :D[/QUOTE]

FFVI sure is the best thing evar.. TRUTH!

Very nice find OP, you lucky bastard. Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a question and I hope someone can answer it. I have a complete copy of Sim Earth The Living Planet, is it worth anything? It's pretty funny to read the system requirements on the back, lol.

[quote name='bmulligan']With as many threads you make, Cheapy should just give you your own forum to house your ego.[/QUOTE]

agreed. But what do you expect with a kid like him, this is all he has ;)

The golden rule with collecting antiques or anything in general is....

***Always get the best representation of that one item.***

[quote name='Zoglog']agreed. But what do you expect with a kid like him, this is all he has ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

bread's done
Back