No Feedback

rcaido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Ok i bought 3 games from this guy on June 26...I received the games on the 30th & left positive feeback...A few days passed & i emailed him if he can give me feedback & no response...I e-mailed him again & then finally responded...

"I have not left feedback for anyone yet so don't feel singled out. As soon as I get enough spare time, I will leave FB for everyone. I've been busy working and mailing out packages! You are not the only one I've made deals with. I'm sorry it's taking so long."

This guy could have just left me the feedback instead of responding to my e-mail...It only takes 30 seconds...Its been 2 weeks already & no feedback...I guess it wouldn't bother me too much if i was an already establish trader but i only have 1 transaction so far...

Should i just wait? For how long?

BTW his his Last Activity: Today 05:14 PM (July 10)

I can sympathize and completely agree that the guy could just leave you FB with the time he took to type that response.

In my experience people are very good about leaving return FB on CAG in general. Most traders realize it's common courtesy and take care of it happily, but as Cheapy said we can't force it and definitely won't take any action against a trader simply for not leaving FB.

I had some guy not leave me feedback on ebay once after I left him feedback. It seriously takes 2 seconds to do it, I don't understand why people see it as a hassle.

Nothing we can do to force someone to leave feedback. Feedback is voluntary, though highly recommended.

There's nothing you can do except keep reminding them to leave you feedback, and not deal with them in the future until you've received your feedback.

I run into this issue from time to time, and have one feedback missing from someone that I spent months trying to leave me feedback, and they never did. This was almost a year and a half ago.

Usually people do it when both sides of the deal are done, though all I can suggest is be polite and persistant.

Well its about almost 3 weeks looks like he's not going to give feedback...So can/should I post his username? Just incase people don't want to deal with people who don't give feedback. I just looked at his profile & he hasn't given feedback for 15 buys/trades starting June 1st....

Don't worry about it, OP. I should have an eBay rating over 115, but it's only at 77 due to people not leaving feedback. I also used to have a 30+ feedback here on CAG, but I didn't want to spend the time to PM everyone to transfer feedback to the new system. It bothers you at first, but you get over it after awhile.

Just leave every trader a feedback comment and hope that they have the courtesy to do it in return.

I was bit irritated for him not leaving me feedback, but i got more irritated when he responded to my e-mail saying he doesn't have time to leave feedback...Seriously, like i said before he could of just left the feedback without responding to my e-mail...Problem solve....Then i check on his profile & see that he logs in everyday & getting more feedback from others but he's not giving it back...

[quote name='rcaido']I was bit irritated for him not leaving me feedback, but i got more irritated when he responded to my e-mail saying he doesn't have time to leave feedback...Seriously, like i said before he could of just left the feedback without responding to my e-mail...Problem solve....Then i check on his profile & see that he logs in everyday & getting more feedback from others but he's not giving it back...[/quote] All you can do is be persistant.

If you decide to post his/her CAG name, all you're likely to do is making this into a big mess. As stated previously, feedback is optional, though highly recommended, as it's our only way to judge the success, issues or failures with deals on CAG.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same situation with another CAG, and I'm just sitting tight for the moment.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's any consolation, I'm in the same situation with another CAG, and I'm just sitting tight for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Well, you better hope for that feedback, or else nobody is gonna trust you.

[quote name='rcaido']Well its about almost 3 weeks looks like he's not going to give feedback...So can/should I post his username? Just incase people don't want to deal with people who don't give feedback. I just looked at his profile & he hasn't given feedback for 15 buys/trades starting June 1st....[/QUOTE]

It's very easy to figure out who the guy is by looking at who you've left FB for and who hasn't left FB for you... *hint hint*

I personally think we shouldn't be persistent. Why the fuck should we? If we leave feeback for someone they should do the same. Simple as that. They receive a private message confirming they've received it. So yeah it rubs me the wrong way when I leave someone a positive and I never receive shit. That's what builds trust in the community and if someone decides to neglect that it makes me wonder if it's even worth selling or trading stuff on this forum. I'm tempted to name the people that didn't give a shit but you guys could easily find out;) btw I don't really care if I receive feedback since I'm done with trading section

Once the guy leaves feedback for the OP we are all going to see who it was anyway. Kinda sucks some of us lost feedback that didn't translate over to our Itrader stat as well.

Since feedback is essential in establishing a reputation I would keep e-mailing the guy. There is no excuse not to take 5 seconds to select "Positive +1" and a line of text that says "Great deal". Absolutely none. There isn't even a logical reason not to do it other than if they died. Anyone who doesn't have the courtesy to leave feedback should have trading ettiquette explained to them and if it persists they should have a gentle reminder in the way of a temporary ban until previous feedback is taken care of. It might seem minor now, but if it continues and affect more an more people you'll have a bigger problem on your hands.

I had a minor issue with a guy taking a bit long, but I was lucky because he finally took 5 seconds to do the feedback after a few days of prodding.

I would even go so far as to explicitly state you want feedback after a completed trade/sale. It won't guarantee anything, but if they don't follow through then at least you have a written statement requiring otherwise.

OP, I would also make a note of the situation in you tradelist and a link to this thread so that people can see that you actually should have more feedback than you have listed. The trader may be a decent person but no one is that damn busy. And even if they are, there is no reason for them to handle more trading than they are capable of.

I think an option to change feedback you have left for others would be the best method to solve this problem. Wouldn't be a fix but it would make people think before shafting people like rcaido here.

I will solve this and just announce that I'm the guilty party here. I am disappointed that this thread was created as I had maintained contact with the OP and had told him I'd leave him feedback. I'm stating these facts to everyone because I want everyone to know that I am not a bad seller/trader. Just because I do not leave immediate responses to feedback does not make me a bad person to deal with. There may be a few days that go by that I do not even get online. The whole reason for my delayed responses are job related. I apologize now to everyone that has been waiting for feedback. I work crazy hours at my job from as early as 6am (days) to as late as 9am (overnights) That does not count when I leave my house, that's as early as 3am at times. I also work doubles a lot which does not leave me much time to get online. Most of my jobs are at least an hour away from me and most of the time farther. I also do not have a normal job where I go to the same location everyday. I travel all over the Hudson Valley region in NY & I live in the Poconos in PA.

Yes I do come on here and make a post here and there but it's easier to just click right on the deal forum and post. Now I admit that I've got "tunnel vision" on this site as since I've joined I still have not checked out all the threads and sub-forums yet. Everyone I've dealt with since I've been on here has gotten their stuff in excellent condition. (If they have not I'm sure I'd have heard about it) I take pride in the way I take care of my stuff. If there are any imperfections in anything I make a note of it. I'd rather just post a picture of the item being dealt with, but this website is not the easiest to deal with posting pictures. For example the one at atariage is much easier to deal with. I also am not the most computer literate person and do not know shortcuts and tricks to finding things easily. I have over 300 positive feedbacks on ebay as a seller (zj417) and over 200 as a buyer (jtcandy). I hope everyone has been happy with the items they've received from me and I also hope this clears up anyone with doubts of dealng with me in the future. I just wish there was more time in the day to do more. Thank you for reading and have a great day!:cool:

slade I give you credit for making that post. I will be honest I think it was in bad taste for the OP to make this thread. The #1 thing should be that trade goes off the feedback is just an extra bonus and by no means should it be required.

Are you serious? Feedback should be required. I waited for 2 weeks & people on his trader list hasn't had feedback for almost 2 months...

There should be a sticky of people who don't leave feedback...Say if a person hasn't left feedback within 2 weeks they should be put on a list of "Non Feedback Gamer" That way people who care about feedback can look before trading...For example, the guy finally gave me feedback, then just edit & remove the person's username...Problem solved...

*Note* Shiningslade did send the games promptly & perfect condition

[quote name='jlarlee']slade I give you credit for making that post. I will be honest I think it was in bad taste for the OP to make this thread. The #1 thing should be that trade goes off the feedback is just an extra bonus and by no means should it be required.[/quote]

That makes no sense.

If feedback shouldn't be required then it makes no sense to have a feedback system in the first place.

I bought something from Amazon from a CAG user and he was grateful I left feedback because he had 6-8 people who left him nothing. It looked like he had done only 1 positive transaction when in fact he had done many. I recognized his name from CAG, so I felt confident in trusting him, but someone else may not have because of low feedback.

Once again, feedback is a big part of how a reputation is built and the OP was completely justified in posting this here. It was obvious it was a last resort after attempts to contact had failed. It was NOT in bad taste. He used no foul language and was quite cool-headed in his post. It finally got something done. The person he traded with rectified the problem and THAT is what matters. All in all the situation was resolved. Credit to shiningslade for clearing it up.

Yes don't get me wrong, I also believe in the feedback system. It does show credibility and establish a reputation with people. It's just sometimes people get too busy with everyday life (work, school, etc.) and the feedback accumulates before they know it. I really am sincere with my apologies to everyone that has waited and I thank you all for your patience and understanding.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the OP making the topic. He/She's still fairly new and had a legitimate question on what the etiquette was on feedback.

[quote name='rcaido']Are you serious? Feedback should be required. I waited for 2 weeks & people on his trader list hasn't had feedback for almost 2 months...

There should be a sticky of people who don't leave feedback...Say if a person hasn't left feedback within 2 weeks they should be put on a list of "Non Feedback Gamer" That way people who care about feedback can look before trading...For example, the guy finally gave me feedback, then just edit & remove the person's username...Problem solved...

*Note* Shiningslade did send the games promptly & perfect condition[/quote]
That would be a very long and lengthy list, if you actually looked at all the details of that statement. Not to mention the management of it would be a nightmare, depending on how far back you decided to keep track of it.

Part of the "lack of feedback" issue comes from the manual method of doing feedback we did pre-May 2005 to the iTrader system that came online back then. Plenty of CAGs didn't migrate their feedback from the manual system into iTrader, so there's lots of CAGs with much less feedback than they "really" have. To have it mass-imported, it required that the information be put into an Excel spreadsheet and emailed to CheapyD. After that point, it's manual re-entry into iTrader.

So, if you really want to put up a "Wall of Feedback Shame" thread, you'll have a very large number of CAGs up there, including myself, since with all the people I've dealt with on here, there's a bit of a discrepancy between feedback I've received and feedback I've given out. All the feedback I received, I've had mass-imported, since it's my loss to not have it imported.

Anyone who wants me to put their feedback into the system that they didn't have mass-imported, I'm more than willing to do so, and I'm sure other CAGs would be the same way with their feedback.

In any case, I've always stressed feedback on both sides of any transaction, and even though I don't get it immediately with some people, I do follow up with them until it's been given. Though, I don't think I'd make a thread about it, since as I stated previously, people do forget, which is why it's in your interest to follow-up on your feedback. Daily, that's a little much, though 1-2x a week, that's OK, IMHO. Yes, it does take just a few seconds to do it, though not everyone is as dilligent as me, so keep that in mind in dealing with people.

[quote name='rcaido']There should be a sticky of people who don't leave feedback...Say if a person hasn't left feedback within 2 weeks they should be put on a list of "Non Feedback Gamer" That way people who care about feedback can look before trading...For example, the guy finally gave me feedback, then just edit & remove the person's username...Problem solved...[/QUOTE]I think a wall of feedback shame is not a good idea. It's not hard to figure out which people are in the habit of not leaving feedback for others. You just look at the # of feedbacks of received and the number of feedbacks given. If they give a lot less than they receive, then they're probably not too good about feedback. If feedback is a big deal for you (like if you're a new trader), then you should find somebody who's better at giving feedback (just like you should trade with someone who has a lot of given feedback because you know they won't rip you off). You can learn a lot just from looking at someone's feedback in detail.

Also, if we're going to have a sticky for anything, it should be for scammers. In the end, the worst sin in trading is ripping off someone. I also think a sticky about people who don't leave feedback will (even though they can post in the sticky) encourage people to make threads about specific people who don't leave feedback, which is annoying. (This thread was good, btw. I have no criticism for this one.)

If you really want to list people who don't leave feedback in public, you could always use your sig.

I totally agree it is poor etiquette to not leave feedback, especially if the trade went smoothly. I think what I don't quite agree with is that not leaving feedback makes someone a bad trader, which is kind of what would be implied with a "wall of shame".

Edited to add: Shrike, I totally missed your post somehow, and you have a good point. Since I don't have as much feedback as you, I tried to give feedback to all the folks that didn't import their feedback over. Another way to look at it is to just compare recent feedback. Like, if their most recent received feedback was in the last month, but they haven't given feedback for several months, that's pretty obvious.

I guess I just don't understand, kind of like why people refuse to get a game with greatest hits packaging. As long as the trade goes off fine i am happy the feedback is just an added bonus. I do always give feedback for my trades though.

bread's done
Back