[No Longer Active] Extend Amazon Student Prime for 1 more year from today

htown01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I saw this on Slickdeals; I followed these instructions and it works :D I had signed up in July 2010, exp. July 2011, but after doing this it now expires Feb. 28, 2012

Note:
-Most likely for Amazon Student Prime ONLY
-May be for people who signed up in June/July (I don't know for sure)

-Right after entering the your .edu address it's supposed to ask you for your university. If you don't see it, try another browser.

For those who have done this, please post the month/year y'all signed up. I signed up July 2010, renewed to Feb. 2012

[quote name='KingSix']
Extend Amazon.com Student Prime for One Year from Today! So for most of you, your membership is set to expire June/July and the terms and conditions state Amazon MAY extend the membership, but here is the sure way to get an extension while you still can. You can wait but there is no telling when Amazon will cancel sign ups.

Simply go here: Linky [amazon.com]

Click and confirm cancellation of membership.

Then go here: Linky [amazon.com]

Confirm your e-mail address. And you now have membership until Feb 2012..

Verify Prime Membership Linky [amazon.com]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hell Monkey']This work with the free trial or only paying members?[/QUOTE]

Specifically for people who have free Amazon student accounts from their old promotion as far as I can tell.

Can confirm this also. Not set to expire until Feb. 2012 now :D.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']This work with the free trial or only paying members?[/QUOTE]

Most likely only Amazon Student Prime only. I'll make sure to update the op but you may want to take a look at the SD thread; some guy said he has an Amazon Prime account through his daughter who has Amazon Student Prime, she followed these instructions and it updated his account too.

[quote name='HighwayToHell']
FYI - I have an Amazon Prime account through my daughter who is a college student. She cancelled her account then signed up again. It automatically extended my Prime account until 2/28/2012 also
[/QUOTE]And I think this is only for people who's Student Prime is expiring in June/July. I'm not sure though.

I don't think there are yet any paying members of Amazon Student PRIME since it was introduced only last Summer with the 1st year being FREE.

When we click the first link, are we canceling the Student Membership, or the Prime Membership?

Nevermind, got it; it's the student one

Last edited by a moderator:
It was happy to let me cancel my Prime account, but it's been about 20 minutes and I still haven't received the renewal confirmation. I went through the whole process again, and I still didn't receive an email. Ideas?

Membership dates: August 10, 2009 - February 28, 2012

So yeah, this worked. I wonder how long until Amazon cancels this option.

It worked! I was really weary of this because I didn't want to lose the few months I had left, but I figured it was worth the risk. Used Chrome and the email arrived within one refresh.

Thanks a ton, OP!

OP, can't thank you enough for this! Tried in Chrome, but didn't work, then had success with Firefox. In Chrome, I had it autocomplete my info, but it didn't bring up the box to enter the school I attend. I didn't autocomplete w/ Firefox and realized the error then.)

Thanks OP, it was quick and easy. Even my invited people from before are still connected with my membership.

Membership dates:
July 12, 2010 - February 28, 2012

might be something new.... i was in chat the other day asking

how often can you do AMAZON MOM

they said you have to wait 3 months after amazon mom expires and then you will be able to sign up again

mine expired on jan 8 so going to have to wait until APRIL 8 to see if this is real

I miss prime but wont pay 80 a year for it :(

maybe one day i will get prime again LOL

My .edu address expired a few months back, since I graduated last May. Is there anyway to create one anywhere?

[quote name='sgand']My .edu address expired a few months back, since I graduated last May. Is there anyway to create one anywhere?[/QUOTE]

My school gives grads a permanent .edu address. I don't think theres anywhere where you can create one.

[quote name='sgand']My .edu address expired a few months back, since I graduated last May. Is there anyway to create one anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Go back to school.

I'm glad the majority of y'all have gotten it renewed :)

@highwaypatrolman: Did you get your confirmation e-mail? Are you sure you used the correct e-mail domain (.edu, .mail.edu, etc)?

Was kind of worried about canceling my prime account in the first step, but now I am set through Feb 2012, thanks OP!

My membership was set to expire November 26th and I was worried about what I would do during Black Friday this year. Not anymore :D.

bread's done
Back