No longer working

Just to clarify, you do not need to have downloaded episode 1 already. I had not downloaded it and was able to get the full thing.

[quote name='Smef']Just to clarify, you do not need to have downloaded episode 1 already. I had not downloaded it and was able to get the full thing.[/QUOTE]

Have you played the game before and when did you queue it up?

[quote name='Smef']Just to clarify, you do not need to have downloaded episode 1 already. I had not downloaded it and was able to get the full thing.[/QUOTE]
I call bullcrap on that

I downloaded ep1 on my main gt and was able to get fable 2 free now, thanks. However, on my 2nd account I did not download ep1 so I wasn't able to get fable 2 free. I guess you have to have ep1 downloaded previously in order to get this. Hope it clears up the confusion.

[quote name='Smef']I'm not logged in as anyone and it's showing as free right now for the full game.[/QUOTE]
Being able to see that it's free and being able to "purchase" (and download) it are two different things. Logged into an old gametag and it's not working. And the way it's worded in that tweet, it's like they weren't aware and they're saying that it's free according to Kotaku.

Just tried logging into my friends XBL account to get it and it's saying that it's not available to download at xbox live marketplace web. When he tried looking on his computer it showed up as $20, though it showed as free on mine.

I guess they've blocked it now. Sorry for the confusion!

I was able to load my end game save from my disc copy in this download and it worked, I guess it is the full game. I did download episode 1 when it came out so yeah.... I had this game at launch beat it and sold it (which I rarely do now) due to me not liking it to much. It was fun but I enjoyed the first more somehow. I was looking to rebuy it this week to give it another chance since 3 is coming soon, this happened at a perfect time. :)

Too bad the DLC is not free, which would be amazing. The game for free is great too though, but for guys who already have the physical copy of the game....

[quote name='James1221']um i can't find it in my que, but i know i downloaded it and deleted it a few months ago.

nvm just found it.[/QUOTE]

it still works right? I doubt they have fixed this way of getting it since it is not widely known.

so bump for those that don't have it yet

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Damn... I never downloaded the episode 1 thing so I'm completely out of luck on this one. oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Sucks to have had to miss out on a full game

honestly im still confused about what episode one is, was it a fable 2 addon that got removed, is it fable 1, is it halflife 2 ep1 :S

[quote name='Jackpot06']honestly im still confused about what episode one is, was it a fable 2 addon that got removed, is it fable 1, is in halflife 2 ep1 :S[/QUOTE]

it is more or less a demo released for fable that is no longer available for download

[quote name='Jackpot06']honestly im still confused about what episode one is, was it a fable 2 addon that got removed, is it fable 1, is it halflife 2 ep1 :S[/QUOTE]

Fable 2 was released in episodes about a year ago. I believe that there were 5 total. The first episode was free and let you play about 30-40 minutes of the beginning of the game. After that you could buy each subsequent episode for $10 each.

I think the idea behind it was that a lot of people never finish RPGs and this way you could keep paying $10 as long as you wanted to keep going. The problem with that is by the time this came out you could buy the full retail disc new for about the same cost as three episodes. I don't think many people go into a game thinking they won't finish, it just sort of happens, so it wasn't very appealing to the consumer. No one buys a game excited to play the first 2/3 of it and never touch it again. Peter Molyneux claimed it was successful, but it's usually wise not to believe him completely.

I missed out on this i downloaded it on a silver account on my old hard drive :/ does anyone have a silver account with this download that they dont use?

Wow, I really got lucky here. I've been meaning to buy that game for a long time now and always put it off, good thing I did!

I still had the disc installed and forgot to delete it when I sold the game. Seems like the "free" thing just works as a placeholder for keeping the disc in the drive so the whole game works just fine for me. I loaded a save that's right before the end of the game as well as a couple of others that are in various places beyond the first episode.

I downloaded Episode 1 a while ago, so this worked fine for me.

However, my fiancee never downloaded Episode 1 on her profile, but when I read about this a few days ago, I added it to her queue. We turned on her Xbox and downloaded it yesterday and it's the full game...

[quote name='Kaiju Nexus']I downloaded Episode 1 a while ago, so this worked fine for me.

However, my fiancee never downloaded Episode 1 on her profile, but when I read about this a few days ago, I added it to her queue. We turned on her Xbox and downloaded it yesterday and it's the full game...[/QUOTE]

That method no longer works. If you know how xbox download rights work you would know all you have to do is queue it(which is why it worked for your fiancee)

This method does still work for those who are confused.

I had episode 1, and downloaded this it works. But will it keep working forever? Or is there a limit on this?

[quote name='eau']This was posted a year ago!!![/QUOTE]

I knew someone would pull that, I posted it to show about the Fable 2 episodic content .
I don't think there will be a better source for when this was originally available .

I was able to download this on my main Gamertag... but I couldn't download it on my 2nd Gamertag or my brothers Gamertag....

[quote name='Richlough']I knew someone would pull that, I posted it to show about the Fable 2 episodic content .
I don't think there will be a better source for when this was originally available .[/QUOTE]
It doesn't really clarify what's going on now, though. This would:

They decided to remove the Episodic version (as now there is a Games on Demand version for half the price) from the Marketplace, but, like other Marketplace content that has been removed, for people who have purchased the full game could redownload, they decided to simply replace what was the first episode (2.2GB) with all episodes unlocked (6.6GB). Only it's still the same "item" on the Marketplace. And there was a small window where they had made the switch before taking down the ability to "purchase" it. Now it's been taken down, and since it's technically the same item that gets flagged for your purchase history, people who have downloaded what was the first free section, may redownload what is now there, the full version.

But that's just a guess.

Downloaded the full thing, but it's been stuck at 99% for a good 20 minutes now...could just be the sucky internet here at school or maybe it's corrupted because I don't have the first episode. idk...gues I'll let it run while i go eat.

Just logged in half an hour ago to see if it the episodic demo was still on HD and it wasn't. Went to website to put in que turned on Xbox and it downloaded the 1.79gig demo again. Thought maybe after I had that installed it would then jump to full version but dosen't seem to be the case...I do something wrong?

[quote name='Capone127']Just logged in half an hour ago to see if it the episodic demo was still on HD and it wasn't. Went to website to put in que turned on Xbox and it downloaded the 1.79gig demo again. Thought maybe after I had that installed it would then jump to full version but dosen't seem to be the case...I do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Read the post three above yours, that should help.

I tried to download this from my history, but only the first episode shows up to download. But on xbox.com my history lists it as the full game, but again the first episode is what downloads when I add it to my queue.

Looks like they fixed it then.

Edit: Or they're trying to. And failing horribly. The Games on Demand version now says it's Part 1 (of 5) for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scfan919']Downloaded the full thing, but it's been stuck at 99% for a good 20 minutes now...could just be the sucky internet here at school or maybe it's corrupted because I don't have the first episode. idk...gues I'll let it run while i go eat.[/QUOTE]

Mine's done the same and has been stuck there all day.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']I Downloaded this a few days ago and I never downloaded Episode 1.[/QUOTE]

I posted in this thread without reading any of it.

[quote name='smitboy']Mine's done the same and has been stuck there all day.[/QUOTE]

Got back from eating, still is sitting at 99, guess i'll leave it on there and see if it ever finishes...

I believe this is dead now, the link says episode 1 now (2GB download) for the record I did already buy and download episode 1 previously.

[quote name='scfan919']Got back from eating, still is sitting at 99, guess i'll leave it on there and see if it ever finishes...[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me the other day, so I decided to restart my xbox. started it back up again and the download status went down to 16% :drool: but then 2 hours later the download finished and this time it only took like a minute to pass 99%

your choice but it looks like its going to be stuck on 99 unless you restart

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']same thing happened to me the other day, so I decided to restart my xbox. started it back up again and the download status went down to 16% :drool: but then 2 hours later the download finished and this time it only took like a minute to pass 99%

your choice but it looks like its going to be stuck on 99 unless you restart[/QUOTE]

I just turned it off haha. I guess next time I go online I'll see if it will finish downloading.

bread's done
Back