[No longer works!] Full Game WRC 2010 free on Xbox Live (Games on Demand)!

Hawaiian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
UPDATE: Sorry this has been fixed by now. It costs 1680 MSP again.

The Games on Demand version of "WRC 2010" has been released for free (probably by accident) on German Xbox Live Marketplace:

WRC 2010 (FREE)

The Games on Demand version supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish. Fasten your seatbelts and release the power of the hottest rally cars on the planet! With WRC you can finally step into the most spectacular cars from the rally championship and challenge the world’s greatest rally champions. Only WRC FIA World Rally Championship lets you tackle the official 300 horsepower cars and put your off-road driving skills to the test through the 13 circuits of the 2010 season. Hone your driving skills in the Rally Academy, become a legend in the The Road to the WRC mode, and fight for the podium against up to 16 players in online mode. All the classes of the World Rally Championship (JWRC, PWRC, SWRC, and WRC), 78 special stages, over 500 km of roads to race, 18 official car models, 55 events to complete, and 46 authentic rally pilots! This is the world of WRC FIA World Rally Championship!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/P...-9115-d8024c5307dd?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

You need a German Xbox Live Account to download.
Create one here:

https://live.xbox.com/de-DE/Flows/BeginFlow.ashx?workflow=AccountCreation&DynamicCongrats=true

Hurry and get it whilst it is available. This is soon going to be removed.

Edit: This doesn't seem to work for NTSC / US consoles. If someone with an NTSC / US console gets it to work please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem to work on US XBoxes. Probably tied to NTSC/PAL, although I'm not sure. I set up a german account, tried to get it off the webpage, tried to get it off the site, but it just kept saying it was region locked.

I saw this today at noon. And could not post it.
Well Xbox 360 games are IP locked on marketplace.
Anyway I life in germany and download it now.

I get this off the translation when I try to download it

"We are sorry if this is your first purchase? In order to ensure the compatibility, please log in using your console Xbox Live and try again."

[quote name='CouRageouS']I get this off the translation when I try to download it

"We are sorry if this is your first purchase? In order to ensure the compatibility, please log in using your console Xbox Live and try again."[/QUOTE]

Yes this happens if you create on account an Xbox.com but don't "download" it to an Xbox 360. Simply choose "Rescue Gamertag" on your 360 and you should be able to download it without any problems.

I chose "Recover Gamertag" and browsed the Marketplace using my console to find the game. It said it was free, but every time I try to download it, I get the error "This game's region does not match this console. It won't be downloaded, and you have not been charged." I tried changing my date, time, language, and locale to Germany, but no luck so far. Is there a way to change your settings from NTSC to PAL? But then, would you be able to play the game once you've downloaded it and switched back to NTSC?

[quote name='Blade']I chose "Recover Gamertag" and browsed the Marketplace using my console to find the game. It said it was free, but every time I try to download it, I get the error "This game's region does not match this console. It won't be downloaded, and you have not been charged." I tried changing my date, time, language, and locale to Germany, but no luck so far. Is there a way to change your settings from NTSC to PAL? But then, would you be able to play the game once you've downloaded it and switched back to NTSC?[/QUOTE]

Okay so the game seems to be region-locked for US / NTSC consoles. You can fix the error you're getting by using a German Proxy / VPN (this will get you a German IP adress). But I don't know if this game will run on NTSC consoles and afaik you cannot change from NTSC to PAL or vice versa I'm afraid.

[quote name='Hawaiian']Okay so the game seems to be region-locked for US / NTSC consoles. You can fix the error you're getting by using a German Proxy / VPN (this will get you a German IP adress). But I don't know if this game will run on NTSC consoles and afaik you cannot change from NTSC to PAL or vice versa I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just googled the procedure on how to change the region setting, and it involves hacking, mod chips, and Windows XP. If only it was as easy as pressing numbers a few times like it is with DVD players. :( Oh well, thanks anyway OP.

bread's done
Back