No love for deus ex human revolution? Release date 8-23

There was a discussion on it but can't remember where the thread went, might have been in a deal thread for it.

I'm liking the way this game looks but I'm not going to buy it on launch, I'll be waiting till it drops in price due to no multiplayer just like I do with all SP only games.

It does look great though and I was a huge fan of the PC version.

I havent been able to find a good deal on it yet but I am picking it up day 1. I have about 30 bucks in gamestop credit so half all is good enough for me.

I'm going to guess that it's mostly because the second game in the series was pretty crap, and the first was (PC only?) long ago.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm definitely getting this at release.

I wish there was some info about the 360 vs PS3 versions though.[/QUOTE]
PC beats them both.

[quote name='whoknows']No one plays PC games anymore. This isn't 1996.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

My good friend doesnt own any consoles but he plays pc games. Like most PC gamers he pirates 90% of them. His whole reasoning is that "he doesnt want to play the FPS on the month." Which is odd because PC is known for FPS.

I'm looking forward to it, but am irritated that the Tong mission (which was once part of the augmented edition) is now part of the Gamestop pre-order package.
I hate that I had to pre-order this from gamestop in order to get that mission.

I pretty much hate gamestop in general.

[quote name='whoknows']No one plays PC games anymore. This isn't 1996.[/QUOTE]
Ignorance level is pretty high in this one.

There are nearly 3 million people online daily on just the Steam service alone. Seems like a lot more than no one.

game looks awesome, but this like RAGE (22 GB install is silly) I'll probably get for the PC. My cpu is crying to be overclocked.

Day one because I'm getting a strong Alpha Protocol vibe in terms of RPG elements and the scores thus far are extremely encouraging.

[quote name='Doomtime']Ignorance level is pretty high in this one.

There are nearly 3 million people online daily on just the Steam service alone. Seems like a lot more than no one.[/QUOTE]
you probably forgot to add the fact that there are 11 million WoW players (though im not one) and the community that keeps CS popular after a decade.
But you can call us pirates and whatnot, but there is not denying the fact that the PC version of Deus Ex will triump any console version. PCs might not get all the sales of consoles, but that doesn't have anything to do with how a PC gamer plays now does it.

Ok, I get PC games are cool and the bestest version always. Once I thought about buying a gaming PC, but then realized I could just buy a car instead.

[quote name='Doomtime']Ignorance level is pretty high in this one.

There are nearly 3 million people online daily on just the Steam service alone. Seems like a lot more than no one.[/QUOTE]

He's not ignorant. He was totally trolling and you took the bait. :booty:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I havent been able to find a good deal on it yet but I am picking it up day 1. I have about 30 bucks in gamestop credit so half all is good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

KMart is doing $20 coupon w/purchase, not sure about anybody else.

got the augmented edition preordered daddy.

im psyched for this sexy lil bitch. so psyched i feel like taking a dump on the chest of the next person i see.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

be85e71977ee417ebc989a7d42d307d6_7.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']Ok, I get PC games are cool and the bestest version always. Once I thought about buying a gaming PC, but then realized I could just buy a car instead.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you want a POS $600 car.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a price drop on this one. I don't wanna get burned like I did with Invisible War.

[quote name='100xp']no multiplayer?

...perhaps I will wait for this to drop to the $19.99 price point during a B1G1 1/2.[/QUOTE]

You'd prefer some worthless multiplayer mode was added like Dead Space 2 or Bioshock 2?

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition from Amazon back in February, can't wait to get it on Tuesday. Amazon Prime release date delivery for the win!

I was pretty interested in this until I saw the leaked gameplay footage. I'm sorry, the lore may be intriguing and everything but as a game it just looks boring as hell to actually play. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I was pretty interested in this until I saw the leaked gameplay footage. I'm sorry, the lore may be intriguing and everything but as a game it just looks boring as hell to actually play. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This exactly. I'm taking the wait and see approach, which is unlike me when it comes to gaming.

I'm pretty sure any RPG is boring to watch somebody else play. I'm more excited about the decisions you can make. Going to the crime early instead of checking out HQ grants you the drop on the enemy. Checking out HQ first makes you late and you're just a clean-up crew. I like when a game makes me decide what to do and it actually effects the game play. As for the price drop, if it happens week 2 (goes down to 40) like every other game I'm just going to complain to BB or GS until they give me my $20

Agreed. The last thing I need right now is another run of the mill Action RPG smothered in combat oriented elements and not much else. I also need something I can't master in a single playthrough and end up rushing through for achievements out of boredom because I've experienced everything the game had to offer during the second. I'd like to get my money's worth for a change.

I'm hoping Deus Ex delivers something palpable next week otherwise I'm stuck recycling old games until Gears 3.

reviews have been positive by critics outside US.. theyre more reliable than american critics you know?

i keed i keed. but seriously 94, 100 from OXM, and a 10/10 from some mag.

[quote name='whoknows']You'd prefer some worthless multiplayer mode was added like Dead Space 2 or Bioshock 2?[/QUOTE]

Holy shit stop posting, everything you post makes you seem stupider and stupider. We get it, you're a bad troll, now go away.

How is there any correlation to his taste in multiplayer based solely on the fact that he said he won't buy Deus Ex at launch because it lacks multiplayer?

Dead Space 2 and Bioshock 2 multiplayer were not that bad, I know because I played them and I didn't buy them at launch, I waited till they were $20 each and bought them.

100xp said he wasn't buying it at launch because it lacked multiplayer, not because the non existant multiplayer was bad.

[quote name='hustletron']Holy shit stop posting, everything you post makes you seem stupider and stupider.

How is there any correlation to his taste in multiplayer based solely on the fact that he said he won't buy Deus Ex at launch because it lacks multiplayer?

Dead Space 2 and Bioshock 2 multiplayer were not that bad, I know because I played them and I didn't buy them at launch, I waited till they were $20 each and bought them.

100xp said he wasn't buying it at launch because it lacked multiplayer, not because the non existant multiplayer was bad.

Go back to school.[/QUOTE]
I was going to give you a real response, but based on your post decided you'd to be too thick to understand.

[quote name='whoknows']I was going to give you a real response, but based on your post decided you'd to be too thick to understand.[/QUOTE]

Okay...we'll see you later....bye......

[quote name='hustletron']Okay...we'll see you later....bye......[/QUOTE]

Headin out to go play some of that BS2 multi-player bro?

[quote name='bluedotlounge']
be85e71977ee417ebc989a7d42d307d6_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is there a store that has it early?

Just got the U.S. OXM with the Deus Ex review. It got an 8.5. Bottom line is that the gameplay is great in both stealth and combat, music and atmosphere are good. But, the dialogue and voice over are horrid and the story is thin.

So....I'm no closer to a decision if I'm going to pick this up or not. Oddly enough, it's the music that is the biggest draw for me. I think that's weird to buy a game solely for the soundtrack, but I might do it.

I'm tempted to pick this up now that I just found out I have $190 in Amazon credit, but haven't really kept up with the previews.

Not sure how a game could get an 8.5 with a "thin" storyline but I'm not a reviewer.

Don't know why people hate on invisible war so much, it was one of my favorite xbox games. Played it through at least three times.

Amazon FSS expected delivery date August 30-October 6
I didn't ask for this... so I canceled and suddenly they offer RDD.
:D

Usually I buy the guides for RPG's but if the game is as short as some people say...

[quote name='KrizB']
Usually I buy the guides for RPG's but if the game is as short as some people say...[/QUOTE]

How short is it being said to be? (I was about to order it)

20-25 hours is pretty good for a single player game, especially nowadays.

Plus I'm sure this is a game that I'll be playing through more than once.

Those numbers aren't really that bad. I think I got 1000/1000 on Fallout 3 in less than 25 hours when I replayed it on Xbox, yet I've also gone through a single Fallout 3 playthrough that was over 45 hours in the past on PS3. It just depends on how much you get lost exploring around, which is the most important thing to me. Will DE:HR have an open enough world that you can take your time exploring around and doing side quests to really extend the game?

20 - 25 hours for the main storyline is anything but short. That's double the amount you'd get for speeding through other Action-RPGs on the highest difficulties. If side questing is enjoyable I'll easily stretch the game out to a full 40+. If not, then I'll squeeze out the full retail price through multiple playthroughs assuming the game is worth my time.

bread's done
Back