No more 60 GB Ps3's in stock EVER!!!!!

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!
according to gamespot, Sony has no more and have shipped all 60Gb's out. Whatever the stores have of the 60gb with the EE chip is it. After a store's inventory is depleted all you will have left is 80gb systems. I wonder if the 60Gb will appreciate in price once they are scarce?

Everytime I go into any store carrying electronic anythings locally I see these in stock. If they become scarce I will glady pick up one of these for anyone. But I seriously doubt these will appreciate in value.

[quote name='linkpwns']By 2010 they will be scarse. If you don't buy your PS3 in the next 2 years, you're fucked guys[/QUOTE]
Damn I just realized 2010 is 2 and a half years away. What happened to our hovercars?

a few years from now I can definitely see the original PS 1&2 emulating PS3s to hold their value better than 80gb models...just because PS3 makes such a great PS2 upscaler.

Hovercars got delayed to 2012.

[quote name='sparklecopy']Damn I just realized 2010 is 2 and a half years away. What happened to our hovercars?[/QUOTE]

I'm far too much of a cheapass to be buying a hovercar near launch. Those things are going to be fucking expensive.

Nothing new, this was expected. But if you go to retailers, you'll see there is plenty left. The 60GB probably won't sell out until October at the earliest. When it's gone, the 80GB model will be re-adjusted.

I thought people were saying that sony had millions in the supply chain when they announced the 80 gig/price drop.

Unless stores are stocking absurdly huge amounts of inventory or the NPD numbers are off I'm not so sure this should be believed.

Just because your Best Buy only has x number PS3's doesn't mean thats all thats left. I would assume retailers like BB have thousands in their warehouses, which they can send to stores. So I don't expect these to run out anytime soon.

Does anyone really believe what SONY says anymore? That's the oldest marketing trick in the book. Make something appear to be scarce to drive up peoples' interest and create an urgency to buy. Since the $100 price break was first announced, it has taken this long to finally reach the bottom of the 60GB inventory?....SONY either hasn't sold enough PS3's to their expectations from the get go from lack of interest or are trying to save face by saying they are almost out. I don't believe anything SONY says anymore, I've been burned too many times by them already.

Here's the article:
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7004&Itemid=2

c'mon the 60 gb's will probably go down to 449 and the 80 gb's to 499.99 I'd say the same time Halo 3 is coming out. That coupled with the 5 free blu-rays will put them in competition with the hd-dvd price cut and the xbox 360.00. Sony's getting shelled on both bluray and game fronts. I think a price point of 449 would with 5 free blu-rays will be enough to entice people to buy a 60gb til it's out of stock. Too bad lair, warhawk and Heavenly sword weren't the killer apps they were when they promised. What Sony needed was a Halo back before Halo was a household name and it was a sleeper. I bet SOny's on Pins and needles right now, they have all this PS2 money and if they start actively promoting the ps3 they might lose a bucketload on ps2's. It's a crazy adverse side effect.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When it's gone, the 80GB model will be re-adjusted.[/quote]
That would be the smartest thing to do, but no such thing has been announced.

Edit: I kind of hope they do it, though, and that it drives down the used value of 20GB models.

[quote name='eaglebeak']SONY SONY SONY[/QUOTE]
I don't see what's so hard to believe about it. They never said exactly when they stopped making them, so who are you to tell me if they're out or not?

[quote name='elmyra']That would be the smartest thing to do, but no such thing has been announced.

Edit: I kind of hope they do it, though, and that it drives down the used value of 20GB models.[/QUOTE]They won't announce anything yet since they really want to get rid of the 60GB model. If they priced the 80GB PS3 and the 60GB PS3 too closely, no one would have bought the 60GB.

As for the 20GB, they might be hard to find, but I would never recommend getting one (because they are a launch console, which may have a few issues in the end, and I even greatly regret getting it over a 60GB).

[quote name='TimPV3']I don't see what's so hard to believe about it. They never said exactly when they stopped making them, so who are you to tell me if they're out or not?[/quote]

I'm sorry,.....I didn't know you took a tour of their wherehouse and could confirm it.:bow:

bread's done
Back