No more crap from GameFAQs for me, thank you

Naughty_Insomniac

CAGiversary!
Ok, they've had a bunch of changes lately and yada yada yada. I guess that was the last straw for me.

First of all, I don't stay logged in. Even if I click on the little box. I have to constantly log in. Pain in the ass.

Second, I have wanted to change my name. I don't care if I have to make a new account with no karma. But I can't do that either. Because I have bellsouth, and they have a bad rep.

Now ... I logged in last night from home. No problem. This morning, here at work, I try to log in and get:
[quote name='GameFAQs']"There was an error with your log in: The security settings on this account will not allow you to log in at this time. If you have changed ISPs, will need to wait according to your set security level. GameFAQs will not adjust your security settings for you."[/quote]
WTF?? Security settings? Need to wait according to your set security level? Huh??

I've had enough. On top of all this crap, you gotta deal with asshole users and put up with their bullshit. Forget it. It's not worth it.

/rant

Thank you for listening.

It logs me out anytime I restart my comp. I thought it was a local setting but none of the other websites I visit does that.

I don't have the login problem anymore. It seems that if I logged in at work, I would lose my auto-login at home and vice versa. Made a seperate account for work, didn't have the problem anymore.

GameFAQs has been funky ever since it went corporate.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Congrats on a well composed rant, Insomniac. I hope you find peace here at CAG.[/quote]
Ah-Thank ya! It is quite peaceful over here. Heck even when flame wars do break out, at least it remains entertaining. There's a more mature level of immaturity here. If that makes any sense.

[quote name='PsyClerk']GameFAQs has been funky ever since it went corporate.[/quote]
I never thought of it that way, but I suppose you're right. That's when the login problem started. Everytime I close my browser, I get logged out. Like I don't have cookies or something. But I do. It's the only site where I have that problem. Stupid little check box doesn't work.

I've kept up with that site damn near since inception and recent changes to the appearance (on par with Joan Rivers' face lifts) are indeed the last straw.

I think the problem is is cnet...they own everything, it seems, and so now they have to have their ads pervade everything you see.

Now I'll be the first to quickclick those Google ads on CAG but when they're absolutely inundating you like on faqs, then...shaq-fuhgedaboudit.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac'][quote name='JimmieMac']I have one of the most hated accounts on that site.[/quote]
I bet your karma is -342.[/quote]

No, it's well into the 700s but it should be around in the 1000-1200s or something. I've never not had a modderated message. I started my account in 2001.

The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.

[quote name='jmcc']The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.[/quote]

You'll never catch me.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc']The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.[/quote]

You'll never catch me.[/quote]

You're not the droids I'm looking for.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc']The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.[/quote]

You're not the droids I'm looking for.[/quote]

Or so you think. My name is different over there.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc']The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.[/quote]

Or so you think. My name is different over there.[/quote]

But if what you said about your Karma is true you don't fit the person(s) I'm aiming at.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='jmcc']The FAQs are still great, but the boards over there are just terrible. I am, however, going to keep logged in and a couple posts every so often just to keep my karma growing in hopes that one day I'll be made moderator. I've got a very specific target for banning and it will be so sweet if it's ever made possible.[/quote]

Or so you think. My name is different over there.[/quote]

But if what you said about your Karma is true you don't fit the person(s) I'm aiming at.[/quote]

Very well then. Good luck with your banning. I hope your firerings go really well today.

Well, it may not end in banning. I'm tossing around the idea of just deleting random messages of theirs until they get so sick of it they just leave the site. Either way, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

[quote name='jmcc']Well, it may not end in banning. I'm tossing around the idea of just deleting random messages of theirs until they get so sick of it they just leave the site. Either way, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.[/quote]

Sounds like a reason not to make you a moderator. Personal grudges do not make for good corporate business.

[quote name='Indiana']Sounds like a reason not to make you a moderator. Personal grudges do not make for good corporate business.[/quote]

Or any business for that matter. What, are you 12 years old? "Nyaah, I'll become a mod, THEN I'll show him."

I think I might start dropping names of some of the elitist idiots on Gamefaqs to see if you are talking about who I think you are talking about.

In general I don't think the boards are that bad. Just a few rotten apples.

If anyone wants to know who I'm talking about it's Jax1298/9. I just get very very tired of his posts taking threads wildly off-topic and into system wars. And I've seen him make actual insightful, helpful posts once or twice, so even though I'd like to write him off as just being a run of the mill fanboy I know he's purposely trolling. I'm sorry if he's anyone here's friend, but that's the way it is. I won't apologize for disliking someone who's gone out of their way to make me dislike them and I won't lie about wanting to ban him if I ever get mod powers.

Typical Topic on Gamefaqs Part 1:
PS2 fan boy
"Oni 3 >>>>> NG!! TEH GRAPGHICS ARE BETTER THAN ALL OF XBOX'S!!!1!!!111!"

Xbox Fanboy:
"nah uh! ps2's suck ther crumy and break alot and they have sucky games that no one wants to and they suck ps2 is for losers!!111!!!1111!!

Typical Topic on Gamefaqs Part 2:
numbnuts 1:
"OMFG ign game oni 3 a 9.0 instead of a 12 are they dumb?"

numbnuts 2:
"ah man oni 3 must really suck, it only got a9.

numnuts 3:
"thats why ign sucks cause they don't know how to review i review better than everyone els"

DennisDFat:
"Oni 3 sucks, it's absolutly horrid, along with every other game in this world. If you don't agree then your a loser.

LOL! ^^

Yeah, it always seems like the only people who post are 12 year old fanboys... The reason I go there at all is because of the faqs.

It hurt when I finally saw GameFAQs sell out to the corporate powerhouses. *sigh* At first I thought they CJayC simply went with a bold new interface on the main page, but that thought quickly diminished when I saw that GameSpot WM-player box. ¬_¬; Money is money and I can't blame CJayC for wanting it, but it's a sad day indeed to see a fan-run videogame site of such repute sell out to the highest bidder. That is one of the reasons why I hold Otakon as my favorite anime convention to Staff. It's fan-run, not industry-run/controlled like AX.

And it's true... it's difficult to find users in that forum that aren't childish and annoying. It's a chore to find a topic that isn't flooded, at least at some point in time, by these fanboys/just-plain-annoying-users. All in all, the FAQs themselves make the site indespensible as b4, but the rest of the site has simply gone down hill for some time now. The corporate buy-out was the nail in the coffin for a lot of ppl I'm sure. At least ppl who used to frequent their forums. And while I have ~635 karma atm, I've frequently visited that site well b4 I started posting in the forums. Their first Summer Contest prompted me to register and check the forums out. Now, I'm not as inclined to do so.

In any event, I hear ya all out there. Btw, please don't disregard my post simply due to my anemic number of posts here. I post when I feel I can say something that's worthwhile. Not, "Yeah, hehe." to up my total number of posts on my handle. =)

BTW, cool-ass avatar MetroidKiller. Evil Ryu is BY FAR the cheesiest chara to fight against on NGPC's Capcom vs. SNK, IMHO the best of all the versions. =) If you're a fan of SNK fighters, you know to fear Evil Iori, but in this game it's no contest. I fear Evil Ryu in that game! He's as bad as an SNK boss and sometimes even worse! ^^x

-Soujirou

You know what... I have never hated Nick23..
he's actually a fun read, and the responces he illicts can be just as hilarious.

There are a couple of others that do bug me, but most don't... of course, there are probably just as many people there that dislike me as there are here.

Just to let everybody know i'm 13. So I guess I'm not childish like those damn 12 year olds. Right?

[quote name='sj41']Just to let everybody know i'm 13. So I guess I'm not childish like those damn 12 year olds. Right?[/quote]

probably too young to remember how awesome Wet n' Wild in Garland was however. Far superior to the one in Arlington IMO. Going down the brown slide on a mat was the coolest thing ever

to keep this on topic, since everyone here seems to be into trashing the Gamefaq's board, does it have any redeeming qualitites at all? I have never posted over there and never had a real desire seeing as most people here seem to trash it pretty badly

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='sj41']Just to let everybody know i'm 13. So I guess I'm not childish like those damn 12 year olds. Right?[/quote]

probably too young to remember how awesome Wet n' Wild in Garland was however. Far superior to the one in Arlington IMO. Going down the brown slide on a mat was the coolest thing ever[/quote] Yeah but when we went to the other one, an older friend was talking about that. At least I think we were at that place. I went to Gamefaqs and I really didn't like it at all. It just didn't stand out compared to other video game websites.

I still go there, mainly for LUE, gotta lova a placewhere sexing your sister is widely accepted.

bread's done
Back