No more GUNS for your avatar!! Jan 1st. All those who have one are grandfathered in.

I couldn't find a precise list, but from that article says anything that entails a weapon :p I don't know if shirts will be included, but I do know that props are going to be gone, Gears of war weapons are confirmed to be taken off the market.

Makes no sense. If they're that concerned about kids getting access to inappropriate props then they could simply age associate those props according to the birth date xbl members provide much like they do for game dlc, and xbla games. Young kids maybe 5-10 wouldnt think to adjust their b-day dates to get all the content that isnt for them. Teens under 18 would be a different story though obviously.

this seriously makes no sense at all. possibly the dumbest thing ever. they're virtual guns, kids watch tv and see guns, they play games on these xboxes with guns, but their virtual avatar can't have one anymore? just stupid. stupid, stupid, stupid. dumb.

Damn that stinks. Wish now I would have grabbed the gold lancer while I had the chance now.

Just hope they don't decide to do away with the "Weapons" people currently have, as I would hate for Voltron to lose his Blazing Sword prop. The Defender of the Universe would not be the same without it. :)

Nah any weapons that you have are "grandfathered in". So you should be ok. Lame I did want a lancer but owell I will keep my zombie dude.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']this seriously makes no sense at all. possibly the dumbest thing ever. they're virtual guns, kids watch tv and see guns, they play games on these xboxes with guns, but their virtual avatar can't have one anymore? just stupid. stupid, stupid, stupid. dumb.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the "dumbest thing" is actually paying for virtual things like these for your avatar in which do nothing really. That's why it is good to buy games that have avatar awards. I don't agree that they should ban them, but it's their company to do as they please.

I wonder if this will even matter in a couple of years. I really doubt that the next gen console will continue with the whole avatar thing.

How lame. Would never actually buy anything for my avatar (everything I have on it was free), but this is just another example of the pussification of today's youth. We don't even want them looking at a cartoon gun that doesn't actually do anything.

ironically the new dashboard showcases avatar items less and less. i got the standard issue hammerburst...I would have gotten the golden one (which looks more like rusted hammerburst) if I had known it was going on sale. The swords, lightsabers, bo staff, and fireworks are all still in.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Did they remove the halo laser sword? I need to go check that out.[/QUOTE]
Please keep us posted if you find out anything.

Weapons are still a-ok, just guns or gun-like weapons are no longer considered kosher.

Maybe this was all just a ploy to actually get someone to buy these damn things.

bread's done
Back