NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

[quote name='yukine']Apparently Killer 7 also had horrendous voice acting, hence the garbled voices. I don't think they could really do that here as it wouldn't fit the context of the game.

Bad dubbing doesn't bother me too much, it makes it funnier.[/QUOTE]

fuck that. Killer 7 has some of the most memorable voice acting around. There are reasons for the garbling but not to cover something bad.

[quote name='botticus']There is no Japanese voice-acting, so... yeah. If the videos you were watching had no blood, that was the Japanese version. But blood is the only difference between the versions, generally speaking.[/quote]
Damn. I guess that explains the bad writing and voice-acting though; if I was asked to write and direct a Japanese game's voices I'd probably do a shitty job too.
And yeah, it had blood. Gotta love the absurd Ninja Scroll-esque streams of gore. :D

[quote name='tankexmortis']Damn. I guess that explains the bad writing and voice-acting though; if I was asked to write and direct a Japanese game's voices I'd probably do a shitty job too.
And yeah, it had blood. Gotta love the absurd Ninja Scroll-esque streams of gore. :D[/QUOTE]

it's bad to say the writing is bad. it's superb stuff, it's just mean to be what you consider horrible ;)

[quote name='ananag112']First day sales of No More Heroes (from NeoGaf):

WII No More Heroes - 10k[/quote]Better than Killer 7's lifetime sales there on GameCube, and halfway to its PS2 lifetime sales.

I saw the article about this in Nintendo Power and it has my interest. I'm not sure if its a day 1 purchase, I'll have to wait on CAG impressions.

And wow that is really sad, they won't even take free toilet paper =/.

[quote name='Strell']Can someone explain to me just what the fuck is going on in Japan with consoles?

This is about the fourth time I've heard about this kind of shit, and I'm really starting to wonder.[/quote]

DSPrintsMoney.jpg

It prints too much money. None left for consoles.

We should ask Cheapy to go pick up the game. Maybe when they see big whitey playing it, they'll be intrigued to do so as well. It would be funny if he made a video trying to find a copy of it as well, then stumble upon stacks and stacks at every store. :lol:

The more I hear about Japan, the more they're starting to piss me off. The entire country is made of the trendiest teenybopper citizens in the galaxy. Even the fucking senior citizens are trendy teenyboppers now.

He should cart his ass over here. I'd ask him to sign in a heart-beat.

I guess if there aren't a bunch of androgynous dudes eating ginger-noodles while groping ever8y female ass at a bus-station, they don't want it.

Courageous (I'm not doing the fucking capitalization thing): I was wondering during my physics class today where the hell Cheapy was when the game was released. Get your ass down to whatever stores sell games, Cheapy, and get yourself some No More Heroes!

[quote name='zerowing']I saw the article about this in Nintendo Power and it has my interest. I'm not sure if its a day 1 purchase, I'll have to wait on CAG impressions.

And wow that is really sad, they won't even take free toilet paper =/.[/quote]
imported it, beat it in 4 days...STILL playing it.

it's about a 13 hour game. It's a beat'em up, it's got some creative stages.

I hope to have a FAQ posted somewhere in a near future.

needless to say I'm glad I already pre-ordered the american one...it's uncensored!

I like how if it won't do well in japan suddenly the Japanese are gay and stupid. Has it dawned on anybody that the game might just be a sub par beat-em-up nobody is interested in?

We won't really know till it's out here. BUT... America is filled with people who will buy it regardless of it's score or playability because there's so many people into the J-pop culture. So it IS going to do well with sales, but will it do well as a whole game. That's the question.

Not saying it's bad or anything... but I don't see this game getting anything over a score of 8.0. Just because of the gameplay mechanics (minus the wimote actions). Run, beat generic bad guy and repeat. Overdone bad guy fight, repeat. There's going to have to be something really unique there other than picking up garbage minigames.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I like how if it won't do well in japan suddenly the Japanese are gay and stupid. Has it dawned on anybody that the game might just be a sub par beat-em-up nobody is interested in?

We won't really know till it's out here. BUT... America is filled with people who will buy it regardless of it's score or playability because there's so many people into the J-pop culture. So it IS going to do well with sales, but will it do well as a whole game. That's the question.

Not saying it's bad or anything... but I don't see this game getting anything over a score of 8.0. Just because of the gameplay mechanics (minus the wimote actions). Run, beat generic bad guy and repeat. Overdone bad guy fight, repeat. There's going to have to be something really unique there other than picking up garbage minigames.[/QUOTE]

I think you're looking at the game too simplistically.
It's like saying shooters are just running, shoot, kill, shoot, run (which is true ;) ). Same goes for RPGs, Fighters, etc... This game will be good at what it does and I can see it scoring a high 8. Everything is well put together and I have yet to hear complaints at all about the game.

The Japan sales thing dosn't bother me. It's like Okami. It sold like crap in japan, but was a hit in the US.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I like how if it won't do well in japan suddenly the Japanese are gay and stupid. Has it dawned on anybody that the game might just be a sub par beat-em-up nobody is interested in?[/quote]Given that sub-par games still sell quite well there... no, I can't say I've considered that possibility.
[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']So it IS going to do well with sales, but will it do well as a whole game. That's the question.[/quote]Huh?
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
The Japan sales thing dosn't bother me. It's like Okami. It sold like crap in japan, but was a hit in the US.[/quote]Double huh?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think you're looking at the game too simplistically.
It's like saying shooters are just running, shoot, kill, shoot, run (which is true ;) ). Same goes for RPGs, Fighters, etc... This game will be good at what it does and I can see it scoring a high 8. Everything is well put together and I have yet to hear complaints at all about the game.

The Japan sales thing dosn't bother me. It's like Okami. It sold like crap in japan, but was a hit in the US.[/quote]

Okami bombed... everywhere.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I like how if it won't do well in japan suddenly the Japanese are gay and stupid. Has it dawned on anybody that the game might just be a sub par beat-em-up nobody is interested in?[/QUOTE]You really have to pay more attention to posts. :lol:

[quote name='Zen Davis']Okami bombed... everywhere.[/QUOTE]

well, at lest interviews with clover before they closed down had them saying how well it sold in the US and how nobody touched it in japan.

Japan is a lot cooler than America. Look at all the fags. skanks, and retards we have here. America is also the most ignorant country in the world. Man we are so great.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Japan is a lot cooler than America. Look at all the fags. skanks, and retards we have here. America is also the most ignorant country in the world. Man we are so great.[/quote]

I just had to quote this. Can you say irony? Way to be a gay off topic skank, retard.

Anyway, I am buying this day one, no matter what. This looks awesome.

[quote name='The Crotch']Given that sub-par games still sell quite well there... no, I can't say I've considered that possibility.
Huh?
Double huh?[/quote]

You have to read the parts above and below and not cut it up to understand.

And my definition of "sub par beat-em up" would be something along the lines of.... let's say Yakuza. They do decent, have decent sales, but are technically ho-hum and forgotten after a short while.

In no way will it be "bad", but it won't be amazing. It sort of looks like Headhunter mixed with Anime fighting. And that's where most of the sales will be going. To Americans going "OH ANIME J-POP! OH OH!".

I'd love for this to do well. But all i've seen so far is wand waving coupled with short spirts of wiimote simon says during fighting. I hope i'm proven wrong.

[quote name='youruglyclone']imported it, beat it in 4 days...STILL playing it.

it's about a 13 hour game. It's a beat'em up, it's got some creative stages.

I hope to have a FAQ posted somewhere in a near future.

needless to say I'm glad I already pre-ordered the american one...it's uncensored![/QUOTE]

What was censored?
-G

[quote name='chernggoh']http://btomelee.net/?p=279

Anyone see this preview of the game yet? That just looks super fun. Who cares about what Japan thinks. They don't even like Zelda, for crying out loud.
[/quote]

To be fair, the last two Zeldas have been a bit shite...especially Phantom Hourglass.

Anyways, NMH looks goddamn amazing. I'm not going to sleep on this like I did with Killer 7 and miss out on any cool bonus shit. I sold my Wii for a PS3 but this is a day one purchase nonetheless. It looks like it's going to be the only awesome Wii game coming out next year so I'll just turn around and resell the console at a short loss I guess.

Anyone know if the Feb 5 release date is finalized? I want to know because my dad has Turok preordered which ships on the same date and since I will be in school it would be much easier for him to pick up both games at once :lol:

This game looks sooo good, can't wait to play it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Both Amazon and Gamecrazy have moved their release date FORWARD to Jan 22.[/QUOTE]

oh wow... sweet if true! no more of being overshadowed by Smash Bros.

I imagine its still going to bomb regardless. Smash or no Smash. No one knows about it except people that have been following it from the very beginning.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I imagine its still going to bomb regardless. Smash or no Smash. No one knows about it except people that have been following it from the very beginning.[/QUOTE]

saddly true...

also on a side note, there's some small references to Killer 7 in the game. supposedly Garcian makes a cameo.

I also am wondering if it's in the same universe since there's a Travis in NMH and a Travis in Killer 7...

I play around with the idea of printing up little "YOU SHOULD BUY THIS!" cards and discretely putting them into shelves at various stores.

This and Zack and Wiki would be the prime candidates.

bread's done
Back