No more XBLA wednesdays?

danny-o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This sucks. I woke up yesterday thinking there was going to be Contra or even any other game..all that they added was the stupid looking Kameo pack for UNO. This is the second week in a row that there has been no arcade release on a wednesday. UNO packs should not qualify as an arcade release.

Oi.

UMK3 was released prematurely, but was intended to be October 25th's release.

And Microsoft considers releasing content for Arcade titles as an Arcade release. Remember that one week the Arcade release was Cloning Clyde gamerpics?

How many times does this need to be asked? It was always made perfectly clear that when XBLA games do come out, it will be on a Wednesday (with the UMK3 silliness being the exception so far), but there won't be 1 EVERY Wednesday.

The only reason this sort of perturbs me, is peter moore saying how many xbla games would come out, and even that video they released, with a montage of xbla games due out "By Christmas".

In order for all the games in that video to come out, we'd have to have multiple weeks of multiple releases, and I really don't see it happening.

Let me input this situstion into the Peter Moore 5000. I will post the response it gives.

Transmit:

I don't think anyone is worried about XBox Live Arcade Wednesdays. We under-promised and over-delivered on that.

According to MS, they went on with their Wed. promise by giving us an Arcade Kameo Theme for UNO. That counted as our arcade title for the week, just like when they released the PGR3 Deck :roll:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']According to MS, they went on with their Wed. promise by giving us an Arcade Kameo Theme for UNO. That counted as our arcade title for the week, just like when they released the PGR3 Deck :roll:[/QUOTE]

That makes me wonder how many more decks, themes, and gamerpics they have sitting on the "In case we don't have a game" shelf.

[quote name='thrustbucket']That makes me wonder how many more decks, themes, and gamerpics they have sitting on the "In case we don't have a game" shelf.[/QUOTE]

Plenty. You haven't seen UNO gamerpics yet.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Let me input this situstion into the Peter Moore 5000. I will post the response it gives.

Transmit:

I don't think anyone is worried about XBox Live Arcade Wednesdays. We under-promised and over-delivered on that.[/QUOTE]

Now that was hilarious, LOL!

MS is going to need to compete with Sony and Nintendo's virtual marketplaces pretty soon. They aren't going to release big titles right now.

[quote name='thrustbucket']That makes me wonder how many more decks, themes, and gamerpics they have sitting on the "In case we don't have a game" shelf.[/QUOTE]

I know they've got a Perfect Dark Zero deck just sitting around.... it's the only one out of the "big three" MS launch titles they haven't used yet.

[quote name='rabbitt']MS is going to need to compete with Sony and Nintendo's virtual marketplaces pretty soon. They aren't going to release big titles right now.[/QUOTE]
interesting, and probably somewhat true, speculation.

For those that care they also put up the new downloadable maps for Perfect Dark Zero as well. Not XBLA, but for those that play PDZ, it's pretty awesome, and free to boot.

bread's done
Back